Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

It's worth pointing out, as I think Nepenthe did already on another context and as I saw happen on Retro, that the "green eyes" sillyness was made not by the people complaining about green eyes but by the people going "oh they just don't like green eyes the silly men".

Please take that into consideration before shoving everyone complaining into the "oh it's just like green eyes again" bag.

We can carry on for many posts now arguing the origin of the green eyes mockery, point is please don't do it again. I'm not trying to minimod here, I'm sincerely asking from my own perspective, I don't want to see all my opinions reduced to a strawman mockery of "lol nostalgia lol green eyes".

Then don't be so surprised when people associate how old and also how much fewer people are even going that far with the over-exaggerated Buff Knuckles to the infamous green eyes debacle and express their discomfort with it please.

We can carry on for many posts now arguing the origin of the green eyes mockery, point is please don't do it again. I'm not trying to minimod here, I'm sincerely asking from my own perspective, I don't want to see all my opinions reduced to a strawman mockery of "lol nostalgia lol green eyes".

For someone not trying to "minimod" you sure are doing a bad job. Didn't I just ask you to cut out the condescending attitude and not tell others what to do? I'm saying this based on your last two posts. I'm going to ask you again to please stop. If you feel that your opinions are being perceived that way then defend yourself without telling others what to do. I'm going to ask you and everyone else to please get back on topic now.

• Thumbs Up 6

I really can't wait to see these models in action, like jumping, skidding, getting hurt. I wonder how they modeled the rest of the npcs. It's so much to consider. But I hope that as time goes on the start focusing these designs as they did with the current Sonic we know and love.

I am liking Eggman's new design. That Racoon is Marine, I'm a convinced.  Fairly certain that Fang will appear in Boom, as a Villain was watching one of Cobermani456's Sonic Boom updates and one of the characters on the drawing board looks like him. Anywhere here is a link to the video.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seriously doubt any old characters outside the main four and Eggman, and evidently Orbot & Cubot, will be appearing.

People are speculating Fang, Marine, and all these extraneous characters, but most of which have only appeared in only a few entries. I mean if Sonic Team has basically left these characters to die, what makes us so sure B.R.B. would want these characters most people don't even remember? If they were going to reintroduce these characters this pseudo-reboot would be the way to do it, but I just don't see these characters with such small fan-bases returning.

EDIT: I'm not discrediting the similarities in some of the designs on that board, but I still think it's really unlikely.

Edited by JAiRO
  • Thumbs Up 1

I seriously doubt any old characters outside the main four and Eggman, and evidently Orbot & Cubot, will be appearing.

People are speculating Fang, Marine, and all these extraneous characters, but most of which have only appeared in only a few entries. I mean if Sonic Team has basically left these characters to die, what makes us so sure BRB would want these characters most people don't even remember? If they were going to reintroduce these characters this pseudo-reboot would be the way to do it, but I just don't see these characters with such small fan-bases returning.

Well, in the case of Nack, Chris Senn who is a major member of the team worked with him during Sonic extreme, and it takes only one interested party, HOWEVER that was not him on that concept board, it is a new version of their old explorer trope NPC akin to the one in jak and daxter, and it appears to be a lion

So ya, hes possible, however his reveal has yet to happen. oh and I call upon the Chaotix as precedence, of a team member decided to ressurect a character

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, in the case of Nack, Chris Senn who is a major member of the team worked with him during Sonic extreme, and it takes only one interested party, HOWEVER that was not him on that concept board, it is a new version of their old explorer trope NPC akin to the one in jak and daxter, and it appears to be a lion

So ya, hes possible, however his reveal has yet to happen

I know of Chris Senn and the many plots of Sonic Xtreme, not all of which included Nack, but his position has nothing to do with deciding story elements.

The only thing really relevant to Level Design are the playable characters and how they control, so unless Nack is playable, I'd say the chances of Nack getting in are nil to none.

EDIT:

The Chaotix were the main, playable characters in an entry to the Sonic franchise. Nack was not playable, was never anything more than a side villain (afaik), and has been dead much longer than the Chaotix were at the time of Heroes' development.

Personally I can see them bringing back any older characters. Cause while newer audiences will be meeting them the first time, we as folks who can pick them out and actively searching for them could be absolutely grand. Its something to show that 'Hey, we know you fans love older characters. So here and there, we're gonna throw little referances or redesigns of various characters. Try and find them!'

Y'know, sort've like how Derpy is hiding in episodes of MLP.

I know of Chris Senn and the many plots of Sonic Xtreme, not all of which included Nack, but his position has nothing to do with deciding story elements.

The only thing really relevant to Level Design are the playable characters and how they control, so unless Nack is playable, I'd say the chances of Nack getting in are nil to none.

EDIT:

The Chaotix were the main, playable characters in an entry to the Sonic franchise. Nack was not playable, was never anything more than a side villain (afaik), and has been dead much longer than the Chaotix were at the time of Heroes' development.

sigh, I meant it as a general reference, and dont you know teams brain as a complete brainstorm :P , was also reffering to the fact they actualy had a prototype battle that was shown

oh and Nack had 3 appearances to Chaotix's 2(although one being Solo espio), and he was playable in two, but ya no readon to continue a back and forth arguement, I have hope, there is nothing wrong with that, and so what if I am a little optimistic, there is nothing wrong with that

sigh, I meant it as a general reference, and dont you know teams brain as a complete brainstorm tongue.png , was also reffering to the fact they actualy had a prototype battle that was shown

oh and Nack had 3 appearances to Chaotix's 2(although one being Solo espio), and he was playable in two, but ya no readon to continue a back and forth arguement, I have hope, there is nothing wrong with that, and so what if I am a little optimistic, there is nothing wrong with that

I never implied there was anything wrong with hope, I implied there was something wrong with your argument. :U

I don't think Mr. Senn was invited to brainstorm story elements with the writers. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. As for Nack's appearances, I will repeat myself:

• He was never a main villain.
  • He's been dead much longer now than the Chaotix were at the time of Sonic Heroes' development.
  • Nack was not as prominent in his three titles as the Chaotix were in their one.
  • His 3 appearances were mostly in GameGear games, which many fans never played.

Chris Senn wasn't even on the Boss-Team, he was on the Level-Team, and with the development hell that game went through I doubt the man knew Nack was even in Xtreme during it's development.

I never implied there was anything wrong with hope, I implied there was something wrong with your argument. :U

I don't think Mr. Senn was invited to brainstorm story elements with the writers. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. As for Nack's appearances, I will repeat myself:

• He was never a main villain.
  • He's been dead much longer now than the Chaotix were at the time of Sonic Heroes' development.
  • Nack was not as prominent in his three titles as the Chaotix were in their one.
  • His 3 appearances were mostly in GameGear games, which many fans never played.

Chris Senn wasn't even on the Boss-Team, he was on the Level-Team, and with the development hell that game went through I doubt the man knew Nack was even in Xtreme during it's development.

You forget that a lot of people want Fang to make a comeback, and I mean a lot. As such, there's a moderately good chance of him returning in Sonic Boom.

*Implying that the producers of Sonic Boom cares what the fanbase wants*

Unless Sega were to come out of the blue and say to the producers "hey there's a character called Fang who we haven't use in a while, use him in the show" i don't see Fang showing up in Boom regardless of how many people want him to make a comeback.

*Implying that the producers of Sonic Boom cares what the fanbase wants*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't many of the producers part of the fanbase?

Unless Sega were to come out of the blue and say to the producers "hey there's a character called Fang who we haven't use in a while, use him in the show" i don't see Fang showing up in Boom regardless of how many people want him to make a comeback.

That's the kind of defeatist attitude I absolutely despise. You're basically telling us to give up on wanting characters like Fang and Mighty to be in the games again, which is just offensive in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3

AT this point, practically any character is fair game, unless SEGA makes them off-limits like they did with Mephiles.

Fang has a very small chance...Mighty has no chance.

Actualy, they know of Knuckles' Chaotix, and it appears they have done heavy research into the series, which proably means they have taken a look at comics, and have had some gauge of fan interest in characters. Now I'm not saying they are omnipresent, but they know these characters exist, its just a question of wheter or not they choose to use them, and all it takes is one person

You forget that a lot of people want Fang to make a comeback, and I mean a lot. As such, there's a moderately good chance of him returning in Sonic Boom.

No, I didn't "forget" anything. There isn't "a lot" of people who want back Fang, the character's obscurity has lead to a particularly small fan-base. There is a tiny chance of him coming back, if any at all.

A vocal minority is not enough to bring back Nack, especially not this late in development with a company that seems to only have now started searching the community sites.

There's not as many fans as you think. Many Sonic fans don't even know who the guy is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knowing that Knuckles' Chaotix exist or about the Archie comics doesn't boost Mighty's chances of getting in...to my knowledge Sega still don't own the character Rights and the only reason the Archie comics can still use him, would be that the person who does own Mighty...has no problem with it.

Knowing that Knuckles' Chaotix exist or about the Archie comics doesn't boost Mighty's chances of getting in...to my knowledge Sega still don't own the character Rights and the only reason the Archie comics can still use him, would be that the person who does own Mighty...has no problem with it.

This is another of those rumours that needs putting to rest. SEGA owns all the rights to Mighty, Fang and Ray, but they choose not to use them. Why? Take any guess you like. But they definitely own the characters.

And while we're on the subject of SEGA actively choosing not to use them. that's more that likely not going to change for Boom. People need to get over it.

• Thumbs Up 3

And while we're on the subject of SEGA actively choosing not to use them. that's more that likely not going to change for Boom. People need to get over it.

No! I am not going to get over it. I have every right to be upset that two of my favorite characters have been shafted for so long. They need to come back, damn it!

Can we keep the talk about character speculations (i.e. who we want to be in the show and/or video game or not) out of this thread please? It is off-topic, as this thread is about the new designs of the characters in Sonic Boom. Feel free to talk about any of those things in either or and please be civil and respectful about it if you are to continue this discussion as I noticed a few slight jabs in some of the posts in the past few pages or so. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 4

With the talk of Eggman's design being an upside down egg, I can't help but wonder if Knuckles is based around a similar design idea. They both have a "top heavy" body mold going on with them.