Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

Yes, I was thinking a fedora.

Of course, I'll be fine with anything as long as it suits him in some way.

I'd like Shadow to wear a hat.

An awesome hat.

A top hat to give him a bit of a smooth British flair, perhaps? I know that's something I would love to see. tongue.png

In all seriousness, I do want Shadow to still physically resemble Sonic in a sense, even with clothing. There's no need to go with the "evil Sonic recolor" look in spite of me stating in the past I would like to see him as Sonic through the black mirror. Make him look more rough around the edges, with even scruffier fur than Sonic, a crimson scarf, you know. And I'm still not against making him look nice and properly British though, I'm dead serious about playing the rivalry with Sonic for laughs if he's the Squilliam Fancypants of Sonic Boom, in a sense.

There's a lot that can be done with Shadow for Sonic Boom, and I could go either way on which route to take him design wise. I'm a firm believer that you can still make him look appropriately dark enough without giving Shadow the "pretentious emo" image.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do hope they keep / go for the alter ego / Sonic's shadow aspect. I really would like to see him keep the resemblance. While I'm fine with the full blown cloak, I'd rather them play up on the "shadow" part of him. Since there's no Super Sonic presumably, even go with downward quills like Sonic? Okay not that far, but close. Maybe a bigger "scarf" or a cape could also work and a nice wrist watchlet to resemble linke a G.U.N. wrist communicator or something. I mean there may not be GUN but a thing that resembles or goes along with that. Maybe no sports tape but more like... um I don't know. Just exploring different design choices. If we could avoid a cloak and give him that same umph it would I'd love that. If not, ah well, seeing him cloaked out would be cool too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think SEGA said you know what everyone always gets it wrong even the comics mess it up his arms are blue now.  Because most drawing I see of Sonic his arms are blue it's like SEGA got fed up with people messing it up so they just decided to make them blue.  I wonder if the comics are going to make his arms blue I hope not I prefer his arms peach

I think SEGA said you know what everyone always gets it wrong even the comics mess it up his arms are blue now.  Because most drawing I see of Sonic his arms are blue it's like SEGA got fed up with people messing it up so they just decided to make them blue.  I wonder if the comics are going to make his arms blue I hope not I prefer his arms peach

Erm, no. It really has nothing to do with that. That was a choice made purely by Big Red Button, and since they were adding clothes to other characters, they wanted to make his arms blue so it gave the image of him wearing a jacket. It gives Sonic the appearance of being 50% more adventurer, 50% less naked. tongue.png

At least, that's the way I see it.

Erm, no. It really has nothing to do with that. That was a choice made purely by Big Red Button, and since they were adding clothes to other characters, they wanted to make his arms blue so it gave the image of him wearing a jacket. It gives Sonic the appearance of being 50% more adventurer, 50% less naked. tongue.png

At least, that's the way I see it.

Archie made a joke about Sonic being naked once it was pretty funny

I was pretty "WHAT THE SHIT" at first, but the moment I took my nostalgia goggles off and started regarding this as a different series than Sonic, I realized all of the designs are good, but I think the models in the game itself need a little work.

Look, all I'm saying is that they should try their damndest to design Shadow in away shuts anyone out there still calling him (and misusing the term of) a stereotypical "emo" right the hell up.

Give him a military combat fatigue to fit his connection to the military. Give him a cloak to show how mysterious and shady his is. Dress him like James Bond.

Just for the love of god, avoid the whole "goth/emo" perception of him.

BRB, if you guys are listening, heed this advice - please don't make Shadow represent the whole 'emo' angle people mistakenly think he has going for him. Emphasis on 'mistakenly'. ^^;;

A cape would be cool though. =)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like Shadow to wear a hat.

An awesome hat.

Ah man, he would look WAY PAST COOL in a fedora.

Ah man, he would look WAY PAST COOL in a fedora.

Fedoras are overrated, Pith helmets and Deerstalkers are where its at

• Thumbs Up 1

If Shadow wears a fedora, I want him to be called Agent S and have a cool theme song.

I can see it now Shadow having its own lair talking to the Commander via big screen. And leaving to the mission while accompanied by the theme song.

IS SHADOW! SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG!

You call him agent s.

SHADOW!

I said you call him agent s.

AGENT S

• Thumbs Up 3

Any idea what that thing on his right arm is?

Perhaps a control gauntlet, used to direct his forces.

I kinda meant this as a joke, but on the other hand, I could see Shadow as a military explorer type with worn, but somewhat servicable wear

shadowboomaf_copy.png

so needless to say explorers hat and a real scarf, and I ended up making it look like his shoes were made of copper

• Thumbs Up 2

I bet this has already been up, but I keep on seeing people mention Marine from that one art leak, at least on other forums/discussions, but it's like everybody is ignoring this guy in the concept art.

Nack_Fang.png

A purple weasel with a cowboy hat... Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper? I mean, wouldn't that be him? Isn't that a bit too coincidental? I'm sure someone else has brought it up, but I just haven't seen anyone else mention it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet this has already been up, but I keep on seeing people mention Marine from that one art leak, at least on other forums/discussions, but it's like everybody is ignoring this guy in the concept art.

Nack_Fang.png

A purple weasel with a cowboy hat... Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper? I mean, wouldn't that be him? Isn't that a bit too coincidental? I'm sure someone else has brought it up, but I just haven't seen anyone else mention it.

actualy, its an orange tiger, and fits the old explorer trope, he is very similar to a character in jak and daxter, its definately not nack, it also doesnt have a tail

• Thumbs Up 1

actualy, its an orange tiger, and fits the old explorer trope, he is very similar to a character in jak and daxter, its definately not nack, it also doesnt have a tail

Yep it is. Remember this is Bob Rafei doing the character designs so look for some Jak and Daxter hints in the art like that giant jaw for power. Disney have always done this too in regards to big cat characters like their lion and tiger characters (Mufasa and Shere Khan being examples).

It was a bit of a stretch thinking it was Nack, sorry York.

If Bob Rafei was going to design a weasel character, he'd be like Daxter.

my opinion on the pic of marine is that there is a chance that it is her. if not, it'll most likely be a new character. either way I'm excited to see that character in the game or tv show. heck maybe a toy figure or something of it :D

I kinda meant this as a joke, but on the other hand, I could see Shadow as a military explorer type with worn, but somewhat servicable wear

shadowboomaf_copy.png

so needless to say explorers hat and a real scarf, and I ended up making it look like his shoes were made of copper

Haha, that's cool! Reminds me of this.

Wow, it's been a long time since we've seen Nack, hasn't it? It'd be cool to have him back, regardless of that being him or not. 

Plus, I really hope that is Marine because she's great. 

I wonder if Rouge and Blaze's redesign will include heels.

Depends on their background, I guess.  If they're meant to be rugged adventurers who spend all day climbing about ruins and so on, I'd have thought not, but if there's any trace of the spy/thief femme fatale in Rouge, then it's more likely.  Besides, sensible footwear is probably less of a concern if you can fly.  Same principle applies to Blaze - if she's still a stylish royal or something along those lines, BRB might stick with that aspect.

I wonder if Rouge and Blaze's redesign will include heels.

Rouge's design already has heels, if they'll still include them is if they decide to keep true to "that" part of Rouge's character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nack_Fang.png

Looks like one of those park rangers you often see in kids' cartoons. Kinda looks like a dog to me. Could be a tiger though... My best guess it's gonna be an NPC in one desert themed hub or something selling upgrades for the characters. They did mention the fact that you can buy upgrades, right?