Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

Hmm, you two raise a good point, though I can't help but wonder if he may still have a mix of his archaeologist background mixed in with say, more so an explorer edge.

Hmm, you two raise a good point, though I can't help but wonder if he may still have a mix of his archaeologist background mixed in with say, more so an explorer edge.

So Knux is now Indiana Jones 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well to be fair we haven't seen enough of either the game or the show to say for sure that the archaeological/treasure hunting part of Knuckles won't be present in some way.

Since the game has a great focus in ruins we could see a little of that. I mean sure the design of the characters are supposed to represent the big trait of the character, but that doesn't mean that is all to the characters.  

Still I wouldn't mind to see him with his famous hat.

No, but it will certainly be bizarre if he still has that trait when they moved it to Amy. It'd be like Sonic's main trait being a hammer as well.

Well to be fair we haven't seen enough of either the game or the show to say for sure that the archaeological/treasure hunting part of Knuckles won't be present in some way.

Since the game has a great focus in ruins we could see a little of that. I mean sure the design of the characters are supposed to represent the big trait of the character, but that doesn't mean that is all to the characters.  

Still I wouldn't mind to see him with his famous hat.

Indeed, the chances are all over the place. That mixed with the fact that Boom's doing its own thing.

Knuckles' not an actual Treasure hunter ya know...he's just really good at finding stuff, its not something he's known for doing. He does it by coincidence not as an actual profession.

It's possible he did do it as a hobby while on Angel Island. I mean, there's a lot of exotic things there. I think I remember some gems in one of the zones of Sonic 3.

Thanks to his connection to the Chaos Emeralds via the Master Emerald, Knuckles had a great excuse to stick his nose in every myth rumor and legend on the planet in the Sega-verse. His knowledge of artifacts, and mythos was accepted on the grounds of his dealings with supernatural forces as part of his job. He was usually at ground zero when this kind of thing happened to boot, so there was no reason for people not to draw the line connecting him to expert status when it came to ancient treasures or hidden goods.

We don't know squat about this latest incarnation of Knux. He might not even have a connection to the Master Emerald for all we know. I really liked the mythical edge a handful of the games gave to the guy, but there is no way you could just pick up and put down an expertise like that without bringing the background (or something along those lines) along with it.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of secondary traits they heap on all the characters actually...

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles' not an actual Treasure hunter ya know...he's just really good at finding stuff, its not something he's known for doing. He does it by coincidence not as an actual profession.

Actually, Knuckles calls himself a treasure hunter in Zero Gravity's story, solidifying the fact that in his spare time he does travel the world on treasure hunts when he's not guarding the Master Emerald from danger. In fact it's due to Knuckle's knowledge on the matter of treasures and lores than they solve the mystery of the gravity devices in the story, as well as being able to read ancient text, another trait he shares with Rouge, another treasure hunter.

Suddenly got a strong suspicion that Boom is just going to transpose Sally Acorn characterization onto Amy.  What I've seen of her reeks of the same "finding something for her to do" issue plaguing the comic.  May or may not be intentional.

Apart from what Soniko said, the manuals and other material from Sonic Team identifies him as a treasure hunter (even if we don't see him do as much)

Suddenly got a strong suspicion that Boom is just going to transpose Sally Acorn characterization onto Amy.  What I've seen of her reeks of the same "finding something for her to do" issue plaguing the comic.  May or may not be intentional.

Surely not. I'd be super pissed if that happened, and I say that as someone who likes Sally, at least in SATAM. Making Amy into a Sally clone just wouldn't be Amy. I don't think that'll really happen, though.

I personally don't mind Amy having knowledge in archaeology. It's not something we've ever seen in her before, but I find it an interesting take on the character. As long as the writers keep her old quirks, Amy could be quite awesome here. As for Knuckles, I never really saw him as a treasure hunter, so I don't really mind the writers giving Amy that particular trait. I always saw Knuckles as being knowledgeable in legends and such, and it seems the writers will be keeping that, so I'm happy.

Apart from what Soniko said, the manuals and other material from Sonic Team identifies him as a treasure hunter (even if we don't see him do as much)

I'm seeing that as a thing that comes along with the fact that his game-play in Sa1 and Sa2 were both "Treaure Hunting"...so it only makes sense there.

The only thing that happened from Sa1 to Zero Gravity is that he now acknowledges himself as a Treasure Hunter. So its just seems to be a detail that stuck around ever since they introduced it.

Apart from the odd grin which makes Amy look a bit... dangerous... these renders look OK.

ehh... uuh, Sonic's head looks a little odd, for some reason and I'm not sure why...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wide-grinned Amy is actually the best Amy model yet.  For some reason, her expressions never quite come out right.

Tails is too happy-looking, psychotically so. It gives me the feeling he's about to slap me with that wrench...

Everyone except for Sonic and Amy looks great in that picture.

I don't know why the hell Amy is grinning like that but it's creeping me out. And Sonic looks completely different. What happened to his head and why does he seem to be lacking textures? Weird...I don't want this to be Sonic's final look.

Sticks's voice actress sure is having fun with that voice, though.

Sticks and Amy are best friends too. Crazy badger and Amy with that smirk...well, I guess it makes sense.

Thank god it's not Marine, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sooo....badgers, eh?

Jungle Badger don't care, Jungle Badger don't give a shit. But seriously, are Jungle badgers even a thing?

• Thumbs Up 2

Zoology nerd reporting for duty.

Nope, "Jungle Badgers" aren't a thing. There are plenty of badgers that stick to jungles, though. Since she's supposed to be a tribal character, my mind went straight to the hog badger. She looks nothing like a hog badger, you know, lack of snout and all, but Southeast Asia seems like the most fitting habitat for a tribal badger. I know most people probably thought about honey badgers first and foremost, since they're both African animals and internet memes, but I think they wouldn't have added a striped design. If anything, she looks the most like an American badger, and that's probably where most of the design influence came from. Though this is the Sonic series, so I have no idea why I'm trying to link all of this together.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'd rather she'd have been a bandicoot all the same.