Awoo.

Sonic Boom's New Characters designs

Unknownlight

14107378857_08314c9078.jpg

14291957302_294d0b4e74.jpg

New Artwork of everyone and Sticks the Badger

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/05/29/introducing-sticks-to-the-sonic-boom-franchise/

EDIT: Already posted in the Main Topic

There's really something going on with Sonic's quills.. I don't know if they're too short of the upper quil goes too high but somethin's not right the the head shape and quills there.

Amy's smile.. no comments.

Tails looks creepy with that smile/expression.

Knuckles and Sticks actualy look good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can we just take a moment to talk about how we went from this:

sticksthebadger2.jpg

To this:

sonicboom.jpg

Sonic being the biggest difference here, let's focus on him.

On the top picture, Sonic's head is really misshapen. Like, he's got a HUGE forehead. There's just something that isn't right here. His hands look kind of small, and the pattern on his torso is too skinny. And if we were to take off that scarf, he would have one tall neck. Also, he doesn't have that device on his wrist that we see now, which probably means that it was just an early render and hopefully we will never have anything to do with that weird design ever again.

Sonic on the bottom, however, looks really cool. He looks like the Sonic we know. This is miles better than the picture above. Everything looks right. It looks so good that I'm not even crabby about his arms anymore. It's just so beautiful. Look at how his shoes shine. LOOK AT IT. It's like they took the Sonic Unleashed HD model and just edited it to fit in with Boom more. I hope that he looks like this on the show, as the teaser we got has him resembling the guy at the top.

Smaller things I noticed: Knuckles' head resembles his Unleashed design more, and his dreads aren't as fat.

• Thumbs Up 6

They finally got Amy right on the bottom picture, too.  Her facial expressions on any other image have never quite worked.  (Although they've transferred the one-eye-half-open look to Knuckles instead.)  I want to say that there's slightly less sports tape, too, but I think it's actually just slightly less conspicuous.  Though Sonic inarguably has much less sports tape on his shoes in the 3DS screenshots.

I just wanna say, I think Knuckles looks really good in both those images. Like really, really good. 

With regard to Sticks...

Personally in terms of the actual design of Sticks, I am pretty impressed.

First of Sonic's animal comrades (talking about characters from the games) to not wear gloves, which is pretty interesting.

What I also think is cool, is that she also appears to be the first of the animal comrades to have some element of asymmetry in her design which really makes her stand out and feel unique - for example her shoes are each different in design from one another, she has a bracelet on one arm only, and carries a weapon in the hand on the opposite side, her necklace is asymmetrical (in terms of having different sized pendants spread across the front and her skirt is different on the left side to the right side (even a different material).

Seems really cool.

I get people making the comparison to Marine's design in terms of colour scheme and after seeing the trailer her personality has similarities. But her design definitely holds up on its own and for the reasons I have specified above, I think she is actually pretty unique. Really interested in playing as her :)

Other than the general consensus of too much tape, I've had a problem with Sonic that I just couldn't quite put my finger on until now.

His new design has a much softer facial design. His nose is a little shorter, his eyes closer together, and his brow ridge has been greatly softened. They're very minor tweaks, but they're just noticeable enough to bug me. I'll get used to them, I'm sure.

Can we just take a moment to talk about how we went from this:

sticksthebadger2.jpg

To this:

sonicboom.jpg

Smaller things I noticed: Knuckles' head resembles his Unleashed design more, and his dreads aren't as fat.

It certainly has better proportions than the picture above, that's for sure.

Other than the general consensus of too much tape, I've had a problem with Sonic that I just couldn't quite put my finger on until now.

His new design has a much softer facial design. His nose is a little shorter, his eyes closer together, and his brow ridge has been greatly softened. They're very minor tweaks, but they're just noticeable enough to bug me. I'll get used to them, I'm sure.

You're in luck, then. Look at my earlier post. Or just look at the quoted version above me and below you.

The lower picture is markedly improved. The faces look much less creepy and the weirdness of the top Sonic has gone in the lower one! :D

Earlier design, perhaps?

You're in luck, then. Look at my earlier post. Or just look at the quoted version above me and below you.

Oh, nice! Though I still have a problem with the tape. Didn't mind it on Sonic's hands as much, but I find it really weird that he has it on his shoes still. Do like his face better, though. Much closer to his standard design.