Awoo.

Sonic Characters You Would Like to See With Their Own Game!

GamerGirlAdvance

I think Silver would benefit from a game dedicated to himself, however, I would go insane over a new game staring Knuckels :) Then again I'm still waiting on "The Adventures of Marine the Racoon!" (That was a joke...)

Anyway...what do you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver - He needs his own game and I think itd be an intresting game. Put Sonic in it to help him and I buy!

Knuckles- he needs a REAL game. Knuckles Chaotix doesnt count.

Eggman - I want to see an Eggman game! I want to be the bad guy

I'm going to say Silver as well.

Even if his story in 06 was a bit trunksy it was still the most interesting of the 3, not to mention the concept behind him is just too awesome to let it die with 06.

I agree, Silver was the most enjoyable story from 06 *excluding the ball puzzle*

An Eggman game would actually but amazing :) Like really. Like, -throw-my-money-at-the-screen amazing!

Blaze. She lives in her own seperate dimension, think of all the possible locations (terrestrial or extra), inhabitants and lore that could be established for that universe. Just how different is the Sol Dimension compared to Sonic's? Is it possible that her world has, say, a country inhabited solely by sentient geometric shapes with eyes? How do other people see Blaze and her duties?

Maybe something like a platformer where you go fast and use fire to get past things or something, I dunno. Gives Marine a real reason to come back at least, given how Tails/Eggman wouldn't appear in this hypothetical game to do what she could do far better.

Also, I guess maybe give the Deadly Six a retro-style beat-em-up that you download for a fiver or something. I think they can be made interesting characters with unique styles (e.g. Zomom is the strongest/bulkiest, but is slow, Zeena is weak but agile, Master Zik can use projectiles etc). Plus, hey, a game where we play as the bad guys.

• Thumbs Up 4

None of the above. I don't want any other characters to get their own game. I just want them to appear in the main games again. The problem is that most of these characters don't work well on their own, they need others to support them.

Blaze and Silver are the main ones that would work with their own solo game, since they existing in an alternate dimension and time, respectively, but even then, I just can't see them getting their own games at this point.

If they DID get their own games, what then? What would happen? I'd love a story explaining Blaze's origins, but I'd rather that be done in a main game. If Shadow the Hedgehog is anything to go by, giving characters their own game probably isn't the best idea in the world. I wouldn't mind a spinoff that starred a BUNCH of secondary characters, but not one starring just one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I totally agree with you about Mari-

(That was a joke...)

...Oh =|

So uh yeah, I think if any two characters would benefit most from having a game of their own, it would be Knuckles or Blaze.  Both the characters have an enigmatic backstory and tons of lore to play off of, so it would make for an interesting story if done right.  Not to mention, they're both just really good characters as is.  That being said, though, I'd rather they just have these plots in a main series game as opposed to separating it specifically for the two.  Luckily, Sonic Boom seems to be taking steps to rectify that.  Here's hoping it works out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman.

I think Eggman always teetered on the line between villain and antihero, and has played both roles depending on his appearance; I think this makes him more than a fantastic candidate for starring in his own adventure, matching wits against another foe who stands in the way of his grandiose goals.

Eggman's bombastic personality coupled with the current writing direction could easily result in one of the funniest games in the franchise's history. Plus, it'd be nice to see him win for a change, even if he'd more than likely be winning against another villain rather than the heroes.

Mainly, though, I think he really has a lot of potential as a main character, and I'd love to see what a starring role did with him.

I like the idea of a Silver game. Not because it's something I really want, mind you, but I think it's something he really needs as a character. I mean, his only major role was 06, and that whole storyline was a nonsensical clusterfuck. I've always been a bit of a defender of Silver as a character because I feel he's one of those secondary characters that have massive potential to be really awesome (Blaze is in the same boat).

I'd rather see Sega bringing back old franchises like Streets of Rage, Ristar, Jet Set Radio, Vectorman, and many others before I even think about giving a Sonic character their own game which didn't turn out well the last time it happened.

Wait, people like the idea of a Silver game all of a sudden? I must be behind.

But yeah, Silver's gameplay was a rushed mess that I'd like to see improved on. It wouldn't have to be his own game, but I'd certainly like to see him playable.

I totally agree with you about Mari-

...Oh =|

So uh yeah, I think if any two characters would benefit most from having a game of their own, it would be Knuckles or Blaze.  Both the characters have an enigmatic backstory and tons of lore to play off of, so it would make for an interesting story if done right.  Not to mention, they're both just really good characters as is.  That being said, though, I'd rather they just have these plots in a main series game as opposed to separating it specifically for the two.  Luckily, Sonic Boom seems to be taking steps to rectify that.  Here's hoping it works out.

I hope it works out too, I think Sonic Boom will be fantastic if pulled of correctly :)

I actually don't hate Marine as much as others to be honest :3 I think she's an ok character in small doses... *flame shield UP!*

I agree that Knuckles should have his own game again - his character and history are quite deep and interesting, and it may give newer fans a different perspective - other than being Sonic's strong and slightly stupid sidekick - which really isn't how most Knuckles fans perceive him at all! Silver would be a good shout too for similar reasons. Maybe Mighty should too! A "what happened after I left the Chaotix" game :) haha! 

Knuckles would've been a great candidate for a spin-off title, like a decade ago. Sonic Adventure gave us just a tiny taste of his and his people's history. It would've been awesome to explore that further, and see more of Angel Island. He could've even gotten a rogue's gallery for himself so he doesn't necessarily have to deal with Eggman all the time. If Knuckles in the main series ever gets re-railed as a competent character that's more action than talk, I'd love to see that happen.

Also, and I realize I'm probably the only one, but I want another Shadow game. Maybe the boat has sailed due to the general reception of his game, but I think he's got potential for a great original story, something covering his time with GUN and working with Rouge and Omega. And a story that isn't a hot mess with multiple paths that don't even really line up sometimes. I like Shadow's game for its concept, but I can't deny that its execution leaves something to be desired. I also think it'd be cool to give him some new Chaos-based abilities, possibly linked to the Chaos Emeralds, instead of making him use weapons (as useful as they were in his own game, he's the Ultimate Lifeform--he IS  a weapon). But that's me.

Blaze would also be cool, since we've only seen a portion of the Sol World, and she can definitely have some interesting conflicts that don't need to involve Sonic at all, since Eggman Nega likely still exists in her world.

Though I'll also echo what JaidynReiman said about just wanting them to make a proper appearance in the main series and being useful and important to the plot again, instead of being relegated to the sidelines.

If 06 had somehow turned out better and Silver was received well, I feel he would have been the prime candidate for being the star of his own spinoff game.

Seriously, the dude's got abilities that over power almost the entire cast, he lives in the far future, and his gameplay could make for a very unique spinoff. Imagine being able to break it Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Starkiller levels. 

Problem is, Silver isn't really relevant anymore and he's had no reason to get involved in the plot. It would be kind of odd for any Sonic character to get their own title at this point, but hey, with Sonic Boom bringing playable characters back into the fray, anything is possible from here on out.

I'm going to go with Team Chaotix. They were the most amusing characters in Heroes and Shadow to me, and I feel like if any characters fit into the series current style of writing, it's those guys. 

Not sure what kind of game I'd like it to be. Certainly not a detective simulator. But I wouldn't want it to just be Sonic with a Chaotix skin either.

I agree that shoving Silver back into the party now wouldn't be received too well... But a Team Chaotix game would be defiantly something I'd play!

None of the above. I don't want any other characters to get their own game. I just want them to appear in the main games again. The problem is that most of these characters don't work well on their own, they need others to support them.

Blaze and Silver are the main ones that would work with their own solo game, since they existing in an alternate dimension and time, respectively, but even then, I just can't see them getting their own games at this point.

If they DID get their own games, what then? What would happen? I'd love a story explaining Blaze's origins, but I'd rather that be done in a main game. If Shadow the Hedgehog is anything to go by, giving characters their own game probably isn't the best idea in the world. I wouldn't mind a spinoff that starred a BUNCH of secondary characters, but not one starring just one.

I agree 100% on this. There's really no characters I want to see that get their own game, especially since with the way the series is going (with Sonic Boom on the horizon), it would be a bad thing to do in terms of splitting a character into their own series, at least for now. 

Big definitly deserves his own game, after all he's a widely hated well-recieved character in the fanbase and his gameplay in SA was impressively tedious and dull.