Awoo.

Something worries me....

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Not when theres a strong character and a intert acrobat he cant be all those things

Since when was Sonic supposed to be the power guy outside of Unleashed? And he still can be acrobatic, albeit a different form of aerobics.

Since when was Sonic supposed to be the power guy outside of Unleashed? And he still can be acrobatic, albeit a different form of aerobics.

Sonic is strong in cutscenes and he can beak walls wth his spindash.

Sonic is strong in cutscenes and he can beak walls wth his spindash.

NOt as strong as the like of Knuckles though. And when in the games, has he ever broken a wall with his spindash!?

Honestly I see sonic as the speedy all arounder, he has decent agility, strength, and intelligence-ish, but has the best speed, so he combines it with the others and those tend to be strong(homing attack, spindash), however those other areas arent his strengths, so its perfectly fine for there to be characters who specialize in Strength(Knux), Agility(Amy, which is good because usualy she is relatively slow), and intelligence(Tails, though he can fly and is relatively quick as well)

Just because there are others with those areas as strengths, it doesnt mean that sonic doesnt have them, simply not to the levels of the others, but thats fine because it means that everyone is unique and have there own strengths, and nothing wrong with that, Mario did a similar thing in SM3DW and that turned out fine, it all depends on handling

Sonic's built on speed as a defining trait, everything else is built off that, and there is nothing wrong with that, and while those other areas showed up in areas due to him being solo, it doesnt mean they wont show up in a teamup, they will simply show up in different ways

• Thumbs Up 1

NOt as strong as the like of Knuckles though. And when in the games, has he ever broken a wall with his spindash!?

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles. Seems to me that in a 3D game the spin dash should really be Sonic's alone.

You want perfect Sonic don't you -gasp- NOOO- I'm joking. But really I've always seen Sonic as the highest most refined of the cast. As mentioned before he has what everyone else does but in lower levels and he exceeds in other things. In S3&K as long as I picked Sonic it was all good. And when paired with Tails he was awesome. Note: PAIRED with Tails. He's always been the Best really but others picked up what he lacked. Flight Glide and such. I don't know how to not make you feel woried but.. erm.. yeah (i realize i didn't help much)

as long as Sonic matters in this game it is fine.

Sonic hasn't not mattered in a Sonic game since Sonic '06 (and, arguably, the Sonic Rivals series), though. He'll be fine -- it's his supporting cast that we should be showing more concern to.

• Thumbs Up 1

So its not okay to show concerns for Sonic?

I never said that you shouldn't be concerned for Sonic. I said that his mattering in this game/show is inevitable, considering it has precedence in the form of the recent games, and that the chances of the supporting cast having an important role here is not so certain because of that aforementioned precedence.

In short: Sonic's a shoo-in; his friends, not so much.

So its not okay to show concerns for Sonic?

There's no reason to show any concern for Sonic, at least not the things that you're concerned about. All of your concern so-far has been highly unfounded, and verging into favouritism.

• Thumbs Up 2

you may say that I shouldnt show concerns for Sonic because you want other playable friends. I rspect that that everyone wants playable friends and people forget that.

But Sonic is my favorite character and I will always worry about him in future games especlally in ones with playable friends. So hes my favorite? so what? You guys were angry when your favorite characters are not played and i am angry that my favorite character wll not show all his moves because they give parts of Sonic to his friends so Sonic is only speed and jumping while everyone else is "better Sonic".

you may say that I shouldnt show concerns for Sonic because you want other playable friends. I rspect that that everyone wants playable friends and people forget that.

But Sonic is my favorite character and I will always worry about him in future games especlally in ones with playable friends. So hes my favorite? so what? You guys were angry when your favorite characters are not played and i am angry that my favorite character wll not show all his moves because they give parts of Sonic to his friends so Sonic is only speed and jumping while everyone else is "better Sonic".

Sonikku, it's honestly a little too early to fully judge how Sonic will fare compared to his friends in the actual game until we get a bit more info. Try to be patient, I highly doubt Sonic is going to be weakened as you think, his friends are just going to be given a fighting chance so we don't get 06 levels of weakening.

Also, for the record, it's a little presumptuous to assume that everyone wanted more playable characters thrown into mix because they're biased and want their favorite characters playable. That's not the full gist of it, it's just nice to have a game where we get more options for characters to play as that isn't just Sonic for once.

Seriously, don't worry about it too much for now :) The game is called "Sonic Boom", the series will always star Sonic as the lead character. We aren't getting other characters shoved down our throats too much here, so you can probably stick to playing as Sonic most of the time. Relax. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, for the record, it's a little presumptuous to assume that everyone wanted more playable characters thrown into mix because they're biased and want their favorite characters playable. That's not the full gist of it, it's just nice to have a game where we get more options for characters to play as that isn't just Sonic for once.

just like my reasons are more than Sonic is my favorite character.

maybe i am worryig too soon. But I hate the mindset that wanting solo Sonic is a bad thought. its NOt. its just not popular. I liked when I got to see Sonic have more ranges and eveything maybe this will be the same but im not a fan of co-op. But I will see.

im sorry.

But, Sonikku, think of it this way; not only does Sonic still star in this game, but he'll really be able to show what he's made of now that he has actual direct rivalry/competition. He might even excel. I'd recommend giving this a chance at the very least.

I mean, you like 06 for Sonic and that had multiple characters galore, so why can't Boom turn out similarly for you minus the broken gameplay?

• Thumbs Up 1

im sorry.

There's no need to apologize. But if you have more reasons than that Sonic's your favorite character, just explain. That's all. I just didn't get that from your post. 

Remember, Sonic is my favorite character too, and I would get pretty worried if everyone else was massively over powered compared to him. It's always nice to have a balance in everyone's abilities, and Sonic Boom looks to have that down pretty well so far from what I've seen.

maybe i am worryig too soon. But I hate the mindset that wanting solo Sonic is a bad thought. its NOt. its just not popular.

Not popular? With the exception for Sonic and the Black Knight and the Rush titles, pretty much all of the main(ish) Sonic games since Sonic '06 let you play as just Sonic, or another version of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

just like my reasons are more than Sonic is my favorite character.

maybe i am worryig too soon. But I hate the mindset that wanting solo Sonic is a bad thought. its NOt. its just not popular. I liked when I got to see Sonic have more ranges and eveything maybe this will be the same but im not a fan of co-op. But I will see.

im sorry.

Look, the thing is, Sonic's always gonna appear in every single game, christ's sake, he's locked as the series' main character. He's never gonna disappear. Never. No matter what, Sega won't allow it. He's too iconic, he's not gonna disappear. I've never ever seen anyone say "get rid of Sonic" or "let the other characters take over".

The problem is, for characters like Tails, Amy and Knuckles, you can't say the same. To SEGA, Tails aside maybe, usually they're just cheerleaders that make 5 second appearances. This is their FIRST TIME being playable in nearly 10 years. Since when is the fact that someone other than the main character being playable inherently bad!? By that logic Super Mario 3D World is god-awful, but no, it isn't, it's an amazing game that balances its four characters out, and since this game isn't being developed by Sonic Team (who, I'm sorry, but have no clue what balance is), I have faith they will do the same.

Also note that Amy didn't appear in Colors. Knuckles didn't appear in Unleashed or Colors, and you're always saying you don't get enough Sonic. ...Think what the fans of the other characters, especially ones like Shadow have to deal with.

• Thumbs Up 7

You never know this could turn out to be really good just like how Super Mario 3D World started out with everybody complaining that it's going to be boring and repetitive and then on release everybody loves the game saying it's original and fun.

There is absolutely no point in concerning about things we haven't got enough evidence for us to judge on. Just give it time. Give this a chance. This might get higher review scores than we all might predict.

The overall positive feedback you're getting is outstanding. Usually people would get upset by now at how close minded you're being. Or maybe this forum is just nice :P but really I'm starting to loose grasp of being positive. Because just like you, to me, Sonic is an amazing super star, awesome, hero, and my FAVORITE. I frakin love him. Thats why we're all here. But you keep thinking he's above this an more amazing than the charts can handle. Calm down and search up Sonic... I lost my train of thought watching t.v. dang. Um. Well just realize life around you. Look back at Sonic and see how focused this series is on him. He was perfect in many of his games (because those dang writers) and even when he wasn't perfect he was still best in show and best to play as. He might not have the most awesome "looking" moves in show they're always the most effective and he's just a boss. He's been on the throne with the other characters being under his weight, just his servants for so long that even a Sonic lover like me wants to see some of the other characters I liked return. And be more than servants. I probably took this too far but its kinda getting under my skin when you're debunking all these peoples attempts to calm your worries. And they're being so positive about it too. Sorry for my harsh, dumb rant. I had to get it off my chest.

• Thumbs Up 1