Awoo.

The Best of the Rest?

Kuzu

If we're retconing the Black Arms, I'd rather they be a human splinter group that caused all the problems in the first place rather than aliens.

Who's writing them this time around, anyway? Do we have specific names yet for who's on the project?

Considering the clp that was shown uses the lolsofunny ass writing, it's probably still Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb.

Considering the clp that was shown uses the lolsofunny ass writing, it's probably still Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb.

So every single writer is writing for the show :V

If Rouge comes back, I hope she remains a solo treasure hunter/thief instead of that secret agent crap

She's been a spy since her first appearance. Its hard for it to be considered "crap" when she's always been that way. And except in four games its barely ever brought up even in the games (SA2 her DEBUT appearance, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic '06).

Personally, though, I like to think that her backstory is similar to Sonic X; she was always a treasure hunter and thief, and got caught by GUN at some point. They force her to work for them or she goes to prison, and they offer her jewels as a reward for her good work. When she's not working for GUN she's off stealing jewels on her own.

I can imagine them dropping the spy part in her series, but in the games she's always been a spy and will likely never stop being a spy. Her being a spy is part of her character.

I think Metal Sonic deserves and is pretty much guaranteed to show up at some point. I think there's a lot that can be done with his character as a silent rival/antagonist for Sonic. I just hope there's no sports tape on him

I WANT Shadow to KEEP all the Space and Past stuff that he's connected to. KEEP The ARK, KEEP The Black Arms, KEEP Gerald, KEEP Maria, KEEP His Ultimate Lifeform status, KEEP His connections to G.U.N., Rouge and Omega, KEEP the Gunplay, KEEP the motorcycles, KEEP EVERYTHING related to Shadow. His backstory isn't even that complicated. It is no more complicated than Knuckles.

Shadow's backstory is simply: he was created by Professor Gerald to be the Ultimate Lifeform using Chaos Emeralds and alien DNA, and Gerald wanted him to be the answer to the cure for Maria's illness but G.U.N. wanted him to be a weapon. After G.U.N. killed Maria, Shadow's mind was set on revenge for Humanity. After 50 years of stasis, Eggman released Shadow, and Shadow was set on his goals of wiping out humanity, but he eventually realized Maria's true wish and he nearly sacrificed himself to save the planet. 

Nothing complicated about that.

I WANT Shadow to KEEP all the Space and Past stuff that he's connected to. KEEP The ARK, KEEP The Black Arms, KEEP Gerald, KEEP Maria, KEEP His Ultimate Lifeform status, KEEP His connections to G.U.N., Rouge and Omega, KEEP the Gunplay, KEEP the motorcycles, KEEP EVERYTHING related to Shadow. His backstory isn't even that complicated. It is no more complicated than Knuckles.

Shadow's backstory is simply: he was created by Professor Gerald to be the Ultimate Lifeform using Chaos Emeralds and alien DNA, and Gerald wanted him to be the answer to the cure for Maria's illness but G.U.N. wanted him to be a weapon. After G.U.N. killed Maria, Shadow's mind was set on revenge for Humanity. After 50 years of stasis, Eggman released Shadow, and Shadow was set on his goals of wiping out humanity, but he eventually realized Maria's true wish and he nearly sacrificed himself to save the planet. 

Shadow seems complicatedin the since that his backstory is too much for just an 11 minute cartoon. Im even we ondering how the show will introduce the original cast

Shadow seems complicatedin the since that his backstory is too much for just an 11 minute cartoon. Im even we ondering how the show will introduce the original cast

What's too much about it? It's not like they are going to retell every Sonic game's story so Shadow's past wouldn't really need to be mentioned much unless it's relevant to the plot or a particular scene or conversation between characters.

What's too much about it? It's not like they are going to retell every Sonic game's story so Shadow's past wouldn't really need to be mentioned much unless it's relevant to the plot or a particular scene or conversation between characters.

I'm content with keeping Shadow's backstory as well. They don't NEED to bring it up much, if at all. They can mention some things here and there, but that's about it.

In other words, put it this way. Shadow's backstory exists. Just because it exists canonically doesn't mean it needs to be mentioned. It would only need to be mentioned if a specific plot element pops up that RELATES to Shadow's backstory, and that would only happen in very, very SPECIFIC circumstances.

Otherwise, Shadow would just appear as a character on the show who pops it to fight with Sonic and (try to) prove his superiority. That's all they really need.

EDIT: The gunplay/vehicles do not need to be shown in the cartoon. That would be a nice mechanic if they made a game featuring Shadow, though. Some characters could use weapons, probably not characters like Sonic or Knuckles but Tails, Amy (not guns, though perhaps other blunt weapons), Shadow, Rouge, etc., could potentially use weapons. Vehicles would be more likely to be used by Tails, Rouge, and Shadow.

That part of this probably didn't need to be brought up, though. They probably won't show guns in the cartoon, at least not realistic ones. If any sort of guns show up, Shadow could POSSIBLY be seen using them, but as he'd be infrequent on the show, I doubt that'd be the case. I could only see guns/vehicles appearing if it was in a future Sonic Boom game (this one definitely doesn't have them).

I'd really be disappointed if they just shit Shadow into the series unchanged. Why even bother with any of this if it's just the main series all over again?

• Thumbs Up 5

Dude, not only is there plenty complicated about it, but just the stuff in his own game was absolutely ridiculous to boot.

He can keep the ARK, Gerald, Maria, GUN and Team Dark, and Ultimate Lifeform but everything beyond that we could have done without in the games and built him much better than that nonsense. It was shit like Gunplay that amplifies his dislike among those that hate him, so how about we at least try to compromise and not keep the stuff that attracts such large dislike of him?

I doubt all of it will be in the cartoon, but still, let's ditch the bad parts of his character while we're given this second chance to give him some redemption. What the hell is the point in this alternate version of him if he's just going to be the exact same like in the games?

• Thumbs Up 4

Should we even be thinking that the ARK would fit into the Boomverse? Granted, we don't really know anything concrete about the setting at this point, but I don't get the feeling that it's going to be much like that of the main series. I'm expecting something a lot more animal-centric, especially with this being focused on the West, and probably less industrial/sci-fi as well, so a character who is a man-made, genetically modified bioweapon, who was created on a space station 50 years ago by a human scientist, and was kept cryogenically frozen in a military base until recently...doesn't seem like a good fit...

Umm I honestly don't know what you were expecting it to be. It paints itself as a lighthearted adventure series, which is what I kinda EXPECT Sonic to be… I don't see how this would really effect any of the existing characters negatively if they were used in the show or game.

Should we even be thinking that the ARK would fit into the Boomverse? Granted, we don't really know anything concrete about the setting at this point, but I don't get the feeling that it's going to be much like that of the main series. I'm expecting something a lot more animal-centric, especially with this being focused on the West, and probably less industrial/sci-fi as well, so a character who is a man-made, genetically modified bioweapon, who was created on a space station 50 years ago by a human scientist, and was kept cryogenically frozen in a military base until recently...doesn't seem like a good fit…

And you forgot the part where he was half alien.

I dunno. It might be the show's writers instead.

Should we even be thinking that the ARK would fit into the Boomverse? Granted, we don't really know anything concrete about the setting at this point, but I don't get the feeling that it's going to be much like that of the main series. I'm expecting something a lot more animal-centric, especially with this being focused on the West, and probably less industrial/sci-fi as well, so a character who is a man-made, genetically modified bioweapon, who was created on a space station 50 years ago by a human scientist, and was kept cryogenically frozen in a military base until recently...doesn't seem like a good fit...

Until we get anything more concrete, anything can go, including the ARK. This whole sub-franchise is a prime example of that.

Not even that. 

We have an opportunity to redefine one of the most controversial and convoluted Sonic characters out there. Keep it simpler than ARK. 

Eggman tries to clone Sonic, comes up with Shadow. Shadow serves him for 1 episode, decides that he isn't taking any of Eggman's crap and becomes an antonymous antihero while donning a Hawaiian shirt.

Eggman follows up by making a robot copy of Sonic that won't rebel, enter Metal Sonic.

THERE, DONE. 3 CONVOLUTED STORY ARCS SPARED.

I'd like to think there are some things salvagable from those arcs that can be simplified just as much without the nonsense, I for one would like Gerald to still be behind Shadow's making. But since Boom is going a more simpler route this is perfectly fine for this verse, just so long as we don't repeat any of that nonsense from Heroes to ShTH.

Not even that. 

We have an opportunity to redefine one of the most controversial and convoluted Sonic characters out there. Keep it simpler than ARK. 

Eggman tries to clone Sonic, comes up with Shadow. Shadow serves him for 1 episode, decides that he isn't taking any of Eggman's crap and becomes an antonymous antihero while donning a Hawaiian shirt.

Eggman follows up by making a robot copy of Sonic that won't rebel, enter Metal Sonic.

I don't know why, but this doesn't gell with me...granted, since this is going to be a lighthearted and fun affair, I guess it doesn't really matter.

I dunno. It might be the show's writers instead.

They've got writers including Mark Banker and Dave Polsky.

Sonic Boom, despite being a different universe, still has Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy all being themselves with the same dynamic they already had, so I don't see why Shadow, Silver or Blaze would have to be drastically altered to fit in. 

Shadow was created 50 years ago by Eggman's granddad to be the Ultimate Lifeform using Chaos Emeralds and alien blood intended as a cure for disease but also as a military weapon.

Silver is a psychokinetic hedgehog from a post-apocolyptic future that fights against Eggman's decendent and travels to the past (present) to alter events to prevent the bad future from coming to fuitation. 

Blaze is a princess of a world in another dimension that seems to consist of mostly ocean and islands, and guards the Sol Emeralds that are the counterparts to the Chaos Emeralds and the Jeweled Scepter that keeps space and time in check. 

How is this any different from:

Tails is a child prodigy that was teased and bullied for being born with two tails and as such developed an inferiority complex, and when he first saw Sonic he began to follow him around and copy what he does so he can be cool like Sonic, but Tails eventually learned that he can be strong on his own and became independent whilst remaining Sonic's best friend.

Knuckles is the last of his kind and is decended from a warrior clan known as the Knuckles Tribe that fought against an opposing clan and eventually incured the wrath of Chaos because their lust for power lead them to try to abbuse the power of the emeralds, and this lead to why Knuckles is the Guardian of the Master Emerald that controls the Chaos Emeralds and lives on Angel Island, an island that floats in the clouds because of the Master Emerald's power.

Amy is a girl that likes mystic things and grew fond of Sonic, which eventually blossomed into a crush that lead to Amy learning to become a strong and independent person instead of the helpless damsel in distress she used to be in hopes that she will finally win Sonic's heart.

Sonic Boom, despite being a different universe, still has Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy all being themselves with the same dynamic they already had,

Are they, though? The broad strokes are there, but there's a hell of a lot we don't know, a hell of a lot that could go in very different directions from the main series. Already it seems like Amy is being handled quite a bit differently from normal. I'd say it's too early to tell how much is being ported over whole and how much is being rebuilt from the ground up.

Sonic Boom, despite being a different universe, still has Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy all being themselves with the same dynamic they already had, so I don't see why Shadow, Silver or Blaze would have to be drastically altered to fit in. 

Shadow was created 50 years ago by Eggman's granddad to be the Ultimate Lifeform using Chaos Emeralds and alien blood intended as a cure for disease but also as a military weapon.

Silver is a psychokinetic hedgehog from a post-apocolyptic future that fights against Eggman's decendent and travels to the past (present) to alter events to prevent the bad future from coming to fuitation. 

Blaze is a princess of a world in another dimension that seems to consist of mostly ocean and islands, and guards the Sol Emeralds that are the counterparts to the Chaos Emeralds and the Jeweled Scepter that keeps space and time in check. 

How is this any different from:

Tails is a child prodigy that was teased and bullied for being born with two tails and as such developed an inferiority complex, and when he first saw Sonic he began to follow him around and copy what he does so he can be cool like Sonic, but Tails eventually learned that he can be strong on his own and became independent whilst remaining Sonic's best friend.

Knuckles is the last of his kind and is decended from a warrior clan known as the Knuckles Tribe that fought against an opposing clan and eventually incured the wrath of Chaos because their lust for power lead them to try to abbuse the power of the emeralds, and this lead to why Knuckles is the Guardian of the Master Emerald that controls the Chaos Emeralds and lives on Angel Island, an island that floats in the clouds because of the Master Emerald's power.

Amy is a girl that likes mystic things and grew fond of Sonic, which eventually blossomed into a crush that lead to Amy learning to become a strong and independent person instead of the helpless damsel in distress she used to be in hopes that she will finally win Sonic's heart.

The thing is still that we don't know if in this verse knuckles is not the last of his kind nor the existence of the chaos emeralds

Not even that. 

We have an opportunity to redefine one of the most controversial and convoluted Sonic characters out there. Keep it simpler than ARK. 

I've seen this brought up before. And simply put, I HATE it. Shadow is not and has NEVER been a Sonic clone. If anything, I'd prefer the opposite route; make Shadow even MORE different from Sonic. Shadow has plenty of unique characteristics that set him apart from Sonic, and he existed 40+ years before Sonic did. He's not a Sonic clone, plain and simple, and making him a Sonic clone would make people like him even less.

I could care less about the Black Arms crap. If GUN appears in the series, I wouldn't mind.

Are they, though? The broad strokes are there, but there's a hell of a lot we don't know, a hell of a lot that could go in very different directions from the main series. Already it seems like Amy is being handled quite a bit differently from normal. I'd say it's too early to tell how much is being ported over whole and how much is being rebuilt from the ground up.

So far to me it does seem like Amy is significantly different. Personally, I'd love it if in the main games they made Amy a bit more like this. I wouldn't even mind Amy getting this outfit in the main games, either, because its less "poofy" than in her current main game outfit.

Personally, I hope they keep the characters mostly the same, but do differentiate their personalities significantly.

The thing is still that we don't know if in this verse knuckles is not the last of his kind nor the existence of the chaos emeralds

That part about Knuckles is the one thing I hope they don't get rid of. I wouldn't mind him DISCOVERING other echidnas still alive, but that was a unique part to the mystery of his character.

• Thumbs Up 1