Awoo.

Sherley Temple dead of natural causes (April 23, 1928 - February 10, 2014)

spinny

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/shirley-temple-dies-aged-85-9120936.html

Shirley Temple has died aged 85, her family have confirmed.

The actress, who rose to fame as a child star in 1930s classics such asBright Eyes (famed for song "On The Good Ship Lollipop"), Heidiand Curly Top, passed away at her home in Woodside, California on Monday.

She is believed to have died from natural causes.

“She was surrounded by her family and caregivers,” a statement from the family read.

“We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and... our beloved mother, grandmother [and] great-grandmother.”

Starting her career at the tender age of three, she won the Juvenile Academy Award in 1935. To this day, she remains the youngest person ever to have won an Oscar.

Me personally, I can't say I'm too familiar with her classic works, but it's a shame to lose another person in the world... may she rest in peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna lie...I thought Shirely Temple had been dead for years....

Yeah, I was gonna say. I didn't even know she was still alive.

I'm not familiar with her work, and from what I've seen of it on comercials, it didn't really wow me or anything.

Still, I'm sure she lived a good life.

You guys aren't familiar with On The Good Ship Lollypop?

It was her sweetness that was very important during The Great Depression. It was hard to come across such pleasantness during those years and her being present singing away with her songs like that was like Dumbo to children during WW2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww...RIP Shirley Temple. She was such a cutie in the 1930's and I'm glad to see she lived a long life afterwards and never went down the same path as most young actors/singers.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm not going to lie.  I wasn't her biggest fan, but she was very influential and very well loved.  My condolences to her family and friends and here's hoping they cope well.

Rest in peace, Shirley.

My dad is going to be saddened by this since he grew up with watching her movies. She was a talented actress and it's sad to see her go. RIP Shirley Temple.

Brace yourselves, that Shirley Temple movie collection TV ad is bound to start hitting the airwaves more often now that this has happened.

The comments on the video are accurate. First post on the page:

Fuck this commercial. I swear I've seen this at least 5 times every night I watch Adult Swim for the past 10 years.

I'm strongly inclined to agree with the guy. I've seen this commercial so many times over the past ten years that it's probably been etched into my brain by this point. It's literally the only reason I know about her in the first place, and also why I have "animal crackers in my soup, monkeys and rabbits..." memorized despite having never actually seen the film that it comes from.

But yes, RIP Shirley. Condolences to her family, hope they're okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is like the first in a while we've heard someone famous die of natural causes...

• Thumbs Up 1

Brace yourselves, that Shirley Temple movie collection TV ad is bound to start hitting the airwaves more often now that this has happened.

The comments on the video are accurate. First post on the page:

I'm strongly inclined to agree with the guy. I've seen this commercial so many times over the past ten years that it's probably been etched into my brain by this point. It's literally the only reason I know about her in the first place, and also why I have "animal crackers in my soup, monkeys and rabbits..." memorized despite having never actually seen the film that it comes from.

But yes, RIP Shirley. Condolences to her family, hope they're okay.

You know you were a badass child when you have a constantly running commercial reminding everyone you exist. RIP Shirley Temple.

Like most folks I never really saw much of her work. I think it's clear she means a lot to prior generations, however, and I'm sure folks like my grandmother and possibly mother will be saddened to hear the news.

Rest in peace regardless.

I think this is like the first in a while we've heard someone famous die of natural causes...

Sad, but true.

wow shes really dead I thought she was already dead I went to california and she went there and put her hand print in the cement and signed her name I think she was 5 and my hand was the same size as her (man my hands are small lol)

wow shes really dead I thought she was already dead I went to california and she went there and put her hand print in the cement and signed her name I think she was 5 and my hand was the same size as her (man my hands are small lol)

You must be really old if you met her when she was five. XP

You must be really old if you met her when she was five. XP

Lol I went there last year

It's worth mentioning that Shirley Temple presented a rather unique Honorary Academy Award in 1939.  It had a regular Oscar on top and seven smaller Oscars around it.  The person it was presented to?  Walt Disney.