Awoo.

Nintendo Direct (Wii U/3DS Spring Titles) - February 13 [11PM CET/2PM PT]

Carbo

Japan gave a release window for Bayonetta 2 as "Summer 2014", by the way.

Meanwhile America will get it in Summer 2024.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see how the Koopalings eliminates any other playable characters. I can see about 5-6 more characters after them would fill out the roster.

It's just a prediction based on past trends.  In every non-arcade Mario Kart game so far, the starting character roster has always been the exact number needed to fill out the races, and the number of unlockable characters has never been more than the number of starting characters, not counting Miis which seem to count separately.

Mario Kart 8's 12 kart races suggest a complete roster of 24 characters, not counting Miis.  The new trailer has brought the number of confirmed characters to 24, which suggests that some past characters are being dropped for this game.  This is the exact same situation as Mario Kart 7.

For the record, I'd love to be wrong about this, and it is possible that I will be.  There's just no reason to believe this won't be the case right now.

It's just a prediction based on past trends.  In every non-arcade Mario Kart game so far, the starting character roster has always been the exact number needed to fill out the races, and the number of unlockable characters has never been more than the number of starting characters, not counting Miis which seem to count separately.

Mario Kart 8's 12 kart races suggest a complete roster of 24 characters, not counting Miis.  The new trailer has brought the number of confirmed characters to 24, which suggests that some past characters are being dropped for this game.  This is the exact same situation as Mario Kart 7.

For the record, I'd love to be wrong about this, and it is possible that I will be.  There's just no reason to believe this won't be the case right now.

Based on what I've heard it was confirmed this game would have more characters than Mario Kart Wii.

Based on what I've heard it was confirmed this game would have more characters than Mario Kart Wii.

Today was the first time I've heard of this, and I haven't seen a source yet.

Today was the first time I've heard of this, and I haven't seen a source yet.

Supposedly it was mentioned at E3. Someone brought it up in the MK8 topic. Not sure.

Well japan has a more stable lineup for hte GBA VC than we do

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222392-japan-wii-u-gba-vc-lineup-revealed

Twelve GBA games in a fortnight, including Golden Sun?  I don't know whether we're getting such an incredible line-up in the west, but I have a bigger question: Why the Hell am I not getting these on my 3DS?!

I hated this crazy implication when it first came up that they were eschewing a handheld platform for their GBA Virtual Console, and I still hate it now.  I will happily pay money again for plenty of these on my 3DS but I'm not going to get a Wii U for them.  Nintendo, let me give you money.  Let me do it.

Twelve GBA games in a fortnight, including Golden Sun?  I don't know whether we're getting such an incredible line-up in the west, but I have a bigger question: Why the Hell am I not getting these on my 3DS?!

I hated this crazy implication when it first came up that they were eschewing a handheld platform for their GBA Virtual Console, and I still hate it now.  I will happily pay money again for plenty of these on my 3DS but I'm not going to get a Wii U for them.  Nintendo, let me give you money.  Let me do it.

I'm sure they'll come to 3DS soon enough, but what they REALLY need to do is make a standard platform that will work on both. I'm going to enjoy having them on Wii U because I'm going to get a Wii U and probably not a 3DS, but they should be on 3DS too.

I'm kind of pissed that GBA is coming to Wii U and not 3DS. I'd like to play my handheld games on my handheld.

I'm sure they'll come to 3DS soon enough, but what they REALLY need to do is make a standard platform that will work on both. I'm going to enjoy having them on Wii U because I'm going to get a Wii U and probably not a 3DS, but they should be on 3DS too.

Ha... hahahahaha

It's just such an incompetent decision - when they already have ten of these on the 3DS right now, just locked to ambassadors (disclaimer: I'm one of them) - to shut out the 3DS as a source of GBA VC revenue.  It's the logical place for GBA games, it's always been the logical place for them.  With that said, was it Natsume who tweeted recently that Nintendo was working on a GBA VC for 3DS?  So I still hope that a GBA VC will come to the 3DS one day, but that they think it's something that makes sense to bring to the Wii U first is frankly a little bit insulting to me as a loyal handheld purchaser.

Whatever Nintendo's next consoles are, they really need to build them for easier porting/emulation of their earlier console titles.  It's ridiculous the level of sheer hard work it seems to be for Nintendo to rerelease old games which seem to be comparatively simple for anyone who wants to emulate them on PC to obtain.

I'm not even sure it should be a matter of effort - even if it was, the WiiU's hardware is basically identical to the Wii's save for a power boost anyway, so at the very least they easily could've ported over the vast majority of the Wii's downloadable library by now. My guess is that there's reasons more business related than technical - maybe some bullshit about having no real surprises later down the line if they release basically everything in one go, but honestly they're going way too far down the opposite end of the spectrum and it's getting fucking annoying.