Awoo.

Nintendo Direct (Wii U/3DS Spring Titles) - February 13 [11PM CET/2PM PT]

Carbo

If Sakurai reveals Diddy tomorrow morning along with a "watch ND" message then yeah I'd say we're getting a Newcomer too.

But for now my guess is we're just getting Diddy.

I can see Diddy revealed ON THE WEBSITE, but not in the ND.

And for others commenting on the Palutena rumor, I haven't forgotten it. I don't think she'll be revealed tomorrow, though.

Honestly, if we get a newcomer tomorrow, it will proably be DK related, but it could easily be an unexpected one,  also I think we will be getting news on X(perhaps a full title) and whatever Next level games because not only is it the first direct of the year, and Nintendo wants to make an impact, but also because they have indicated for people to put interest into it, which means they have personal reasons for people to watch, but ya thats my thoughts

Hashimoto, the director of Bayonetta 2, retweeted the Direct news. PG's Creative Producer Kellams retweeted it as well. Bayo 2 is looking even likelier now.

• Thumbs Up 6

So tomorrow we're likely getting Bayo2, X, and maybe even info on NLG's next game?

"Spring titles" my ass.

I can see Diddy revealed ON THE WEBSITE, but not in the ND.

And for others commenting on the Palutena rumor, I haven't forgotten it. I don't think she'll be revealed tomorrow, though.

Yeah that's what I meant, Sakurai showing Diddy on Miiverse as usual, whatever his comment is will decide, imo, whether we get a Newcomer as well or not.

Hashimoto, the director of Bayonetta 2, retweeted the Direct news. PG's Creative Producer Kellams retweeted it as well. Bayo 2 is looking even likelier now.

Hmmm, first Next Level Games, then Monolith Soft and now Platinum Games? Sounds like Nintendo is cooking up a big Direct.

Nintendo Directs tend to last between 30 to 40 minutes. If they are going big I wonder how much will they fit tomorrow in half an hour...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh, all these retweets make me wonder if they'll actually show those games in the Direct tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up but...this better be true!

Hmmm, first Next Level Games, then Monolith Soft and now Platinum Games? Sounds like Nintendo is cooking up a big Direct.

Nintendo Directs tend to last between 30 to 40 minutes. If they are going big I wonder how much will they fit tomorrow in half an hour...

Speaking of which, do we know how long it'll be yet?

No, however I wouldnt be surprised if as a global direct, and the first one of the year it is extra long

Speaking of which, as a global direct, will Iwata speak in Japanese with subtitles on the bottom or engrish with Japanese subtitles? I hope it's the later, he is comedy gold to listen to.

Depends. Excluding Mini Directs, the main series usually are half an hour long average. From what I recall, only two Directs crossed the 30 minute line: back in January 2013 (The Wind Waker HD, Yarn Yoshi, SMTxFE and Monolith's X announcements) and E3 2013.

If there's going to be plenty of content in the form of announcements and release date confirmations I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the usual 30 minute broadcast this time just like what happened back in January 2013.

EDIT: Man, they sure dropped a shitload of new announcements back in January 2013! o_o Hope tomorrow will be just as good as back then...

Edited by Kaabiitorori

I wonder if the final title will be revealed for Super Smash Bros. Now we're in the game's release year, it makes sense to start hyping it up with its proper title. 

Sorry to interrupt, just got my 3DS and wondering how I watch the ND when its on?

It gets added to the eShop on 3DS and Wii U after the live broadcast.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the final title will be revealed for Super Smash Bros. Now we're in the game's release year, it makes sense to start hyping it up with its proper title. 

I have a feeling this is what were getting for a smash title.

I have a feeling this is what were getting for a smash title.

Agreed, I'm worried we're stuck with what we have now.

Hilariously, even "Super Smash Bros. Working Title" would have been a genuinely better name than what we have now.

I don't think there is any "real title" for SSB4, it just seems underwhelming because we're used to the naming scheme for Melee and Brawl. They probably dropped the naming scheme entirely because a) they would've run out of good words to use at some point; and b )  they would've probably started escalating until expectations were unrealistically high.

Rumble, clash,

Dimensions

Universe

I found these names from fans.

I'm pretty sure there is a good one out there they can use. But that's the least ofy worries I'd rather hope we get some sort of release date .

• Thumbs Up 1

Come on, Year of Yoshi.

Come on, Year of Yoshi.

Come on, Year of Yoshi.

Come on, Year of Yoshi.

Come on, Year of Yoshi.

Come on, Year of Yoshi.

Uh, you DO know that The Year of Luigi was about more than just giving Luigi appreciation, but was also celebration of 30 years of the Mario Franchise, right?

DON'T DESTROY MY HOPE! LET ME ANTICIPATE IN PEACE, DAMMIT!

Look, All I'm saying is that even though there are two Yoshi games in the works this year, that doesn't mean something like this is guaranteed to happen. Also, I don't see much reason for Nintendo to even do something like this.

DON'T CARE! YEAR OF YOSHI! DO IT, NINTENDO!

...Your common sense and etiquette just took a train to crazy town, didn't they?

Well, you're still here. So I guess the train didn't leave yet!

...What is it with you and talking to yourself?

What is it with you and talking back?!

Man. I would love a Year of Yoshi like you wouldn't believe. But I can't say it's guaranteed -- so come what may -- I'm willing to accept it if this doesn't happen. I mean it's not like I'll get savagely aggressive about it. Yoshi's my favorite video game character, but I'm not some crazy psycho fanboy for him in any way. I'm sure I made that clear enough. So whatever happens happens, I'm totally cool about it. Yep, cool cool coolio cooleruski!

17.gif 

Anyway, speaking of Yoshi. I definitely expect some talk about New Yoshi's Island, what it's release date approaching. And I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some more of Yarn Yoshi as well. A launch trailer for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze seems like a given. Also, I think the Zelda DLC for Sonic Lost World will show as well.

The chances of X and Bayonetta 2 showing up are more likely now, what with the twitter comments from the devs. I'll also say the same about something from Next Level Games. I would really like a new Mario Strikers game, but with how much Nintendo trusts them, it could be anything if they actually show something. Speaking of which, other games I'd like to see more of are Mario Kart 8, Smash bros (duh) and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. I'm also STILL hoping for the rest of Art Academy: SketchPad to be made available!

But anything can happen as these Directs have proven multiple times. Hopefully it will be a good showing.

• Thumbs Up 8

The titles they've got going now kind of remind me of those "For Girl" versions of Harvest Moon games that existed for a while. They're a little awkward, but I think they work okay.

If they were going to have proper titles, I'd rather they stick with fighting-related words instead of random stuff like "Universe" or "Dimensions". I do kind of like Rumble.

Yea that was my thought on it too because sometimes I'll be like "hey let's brawl" which is not awkward but now I'm used to saying smash 4 which is okay idk lol either a name would make it sound more cool.

I wish this would come out in the summer.

I have a bad feeling we're stuck with those bland titles for SSB4. I'm just gonna call it that anyway so it doesn't really matter too much. Eh, though I do wonder what the games are called in Japan since they usually go for really long titles. Example? Brawl in Japanese is Great Melee Smash bros. X. Rolls right off the tongue.

Wait, didn't Sakurai confirm a while back that the current titles were the official titles?

Sakurai said that those are the official titles for the two new Smash Bros. games. The names are actually a lot better than people give them credit for:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U

Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS

It just make me question why not to just jump right into the pun.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really excited about this new Nintendo Direct :). With DKC TF landing next week in EU/NA and nothing major launching untill April (Mario Kart), I really wonder what NIntendo has in store for the Wii U for the upcoming months. My guesses is that they will tells us the release dates for X and Bayonetta 2 (those Twitter hints must mean something....), we will get two character announcements for Smash (Diddy Kong + Bayonetta) along with a official date of the Wii U version (my guess is July or August), and a blow out with Sonic related games (LW's Zelda DLC and a in-depth gameplay video for Sonic Boom, maybe a live demo from BRB?).

I don't expect any major news like the January Direct as I would imagine they are saving the huge bombs (Zelda U, Myamotto new IP, the game using the NFC features in the gamepad, ect); Nintendo has a decent line up of first party games, so it would be smarter to really push those rather than announce tons of stuff now (they have to save things for E3 after all).

For the 3ds, I think we will see wanted and expected news like Laton X Ace Attourny coming to the states, (hopefully, please Square, don't be stupid man :() Dragon Quest VII being localized for this fall, more info on announced 3ds games, and maybe show off Pokemon Z (don't the deffintive version of a Pokemon game come a year after the release of the vanilla versions?).

Either way, with Nintendo's recent struggles, I hope they really drop the bombs for this Direct; some good new will make its remaining fans happy and potentially draw in lots of new ones :).

Only reason I want SSB$ to have a proper title is so when im looking it up on the internet I won't get a mix of the other games too (sides going three games and then just using the base name for the fourth kind of grinds my gears in all honesty).