Awoo.

Transformers: Rise of The Dark Spark (Transformers Generations?)

Jacky

inb4 Transformers Generations lel

I am SO pumped for this. The X for Cybertron games are some good titles in my opinion, and seeing this concept just gets me giddy.

So it's the Fall/War Transformers teaming with their Movie counterparts...Oh it's gonna be interesting to see how WFC Megatron and Movie Megatron interact. 

Which reminds me...I STILL need to buy the Fall of Cybertron at some point D:

EDIT: OOOO Happy 600th Post to me! Wow...I didn't expect to amass that many posts in the time being here...

Aww, but I'm glad it's following on from Fall of Cybertron. It was an epic ending. imo

And it's gonna be on the Wii U?? Holy crap! I would never had called that!

...shame about the movie crossover thing, though...

So is this taking place after FoC but before the Prime cartoon or what?

Even though I hate the movies I'm still excited, because the premise sounds awesome and yay another High moon Transformers game!

Looks cool to me, loved WFC even though never gotta play FOC(too pricey for now), and if this does get released on wii-u I might just have to pick it up

Besides the demo of fall of cybertron I have literally never bought a single game from this series (even though it is pretty darn good) so hopefully I can just get this one when it comes out.

They don't half get Peter Cullen to say some utter shite sometimes.

Also this is fucking sweet. Who was that red jet guy, though?

They don't half get Peter Cullen to say some utter shite sometimes.

Also this is fucking sweet. Who was that red jet guy, though?

Makes me think of the guy they found in the ice in Gen 1, Skyfire perhaps, old friend of starscream who becomes an autobot, him perhaps?

edit, looked closer, yep looks like him

wait, its called rise of the darkspark.... wouldnt that mean UNICRONs involved?

IGN claims Edge of Reality is doing the console versions, and Wayforward is doing the 3DS version (earlier they had it as Vicarious but since corrected it).

Not the most confident. I just wish they could get Fall of Cybertron on Wii U. Get Straight Right to do it.

Well this odds a game certainly up my alley. And available to my system. Joy. And for the love of the allspark, let there be a vs mode! And make Starscream playable!

IGN claims Edge of Reality is doing the console versions, and Wayforward is doing the 3DS version (earlier they had it as Vicarious but since corrected it).

Not the most confident. I just wish they could get Fall of Cybertron on Wii U. Get Straight Right to do it.

I haven't played a Wayforward game, and I haven't played an Edge of Reality game that isn't a port.

This looks interesting. But I will be super happy if we get to slaughter Sam Shitwhicky in the Decepticon campaign.

Well fuck me, Edge of Reality did Loadout for Steam and the N64 version of the Spider-Man game.

Yeaaah I'll enjoy this game for sure.

Please let there be an open world. I missed that in the Dark of the Moon game.

I'm not bothered about the change in developers. Experience has taught me to not underestimate developer changes, since they have the capacity to be just as good if not better than the original developers (Batman: Arkham Origins being the most recent example). It would be biased on my part to dismiss a game because its developers are not the same as in the previous installment.

What does bother me is that movie tie ins, especially Transformers movie tie-ins, are usually made on tight deadlines and low budgets, which restrains even the best of developers. Traveller's Tales and High Moon (both usually exceptional devs) had those restrictions in their 2007 and DotM games respectively, ending up with a subpar product.

That's my main doubt here, but otherwise what we've seen so far looks good, and I will be playing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really enjoyed Dark of the Moon's video game, although the ending was unexpected and I was left wanting more.

Hopefully Dark Spark will deliver, but I still want a proper sequel to Fall of Cybertron if this doesn't live up to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Dark-Spark-G1-O

BEHOLD YOUR GOD.

G1 OPTIMUS PRIME.

AWESOME! but no Phew Phew gun sad.png oh well its proably a bonus one like in the other cybertron games.... If this turns out to be competent I will proably pick it up, as long as it has solid gameplay, replayability and some form of multiplayer I'll pick it up

Now where is my Gen 1 Megatron that turns into a cannon, or mini gen 1 unicron!.... now what else may show up? perhaps Cup, or the technocons, or junkeons, hot rod/Rodimus prime(even that armada version looks cool)

Ehhh.....

Game doesn't seem nearly as ahead of it's predecessor as Fall was to War. Meh on this. 

• Thumbs Up 1