Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

This is honestly one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a long time, and I've loved all the little quirks that have come from it - the Route 9 conundrum, the almighty Helix Fossil, Thunderbolt Rattata... and whenever they win a battle or overcome an obstacle, I feel genuinely elated and almost feel the need to cheer. It's really awesome.

tumblr_n13rtkRG2A1r4nojeo1_500.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Wait, implying Helix Fossil is the only guiding savior of Twitch Plays Pokemon? Dare I say you're forgetting the 'TPP Trio'!

Hail Helix Fossil, S.S. Ticket and Moon Stone - the three who shall guide over Red on his journey of self-discovery and challenge!

coughcough

Really though, this turned out to be most hilariously out there thing I've seen on Twitch so far this year. They should really make a series out of this with other games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine if they did this with Zelda, StarTropics, Donkey Kong 3, or Metroid

It wouldn't work.

The number of people playing and the input lag would make most if not all of those impossible to play.

On another hand, Pokémon with is turn-based combat is "perfect" for an experiment like this.

• Thumbs Up 6

ok then, what about advance wars

Oh god, can you imagine how infuriating it would be just trying to get a single unit to move, let alone just carry out an entire turn?

....actually I kinda wanna see this now.

Luckily Celadon City has some of my most favorite Gen 1 music.

• Thumbs Up 2

They made it through Mt. Moon, S.S. Anne, Vermilion City Cut Tree, Lt. Surge's Gym Route 9, Rock Tunnel, Celadon City and now the Celadon Gym.

BELIEVE.

NOW how are they ever going to catch a sixth pokemon? Or are they saving that spot for a Legendary or pseudo-legendary?

This... this is a thing of beauty.

It's so aggravating to watch, and I love it. Something as simple as cutting a tree or walking in a straight path is 10 times more frustrating and hilarious to watch.

It's perfection.

• Thumbs Up 6

This... this is a thing of beauty.

It's so aggravating to watch, and I love it. Something as simple as cutting a tree or walking in a straight path is 10 times more frustrating and hilarious to watch.

It's perfection.

Man tears will be shed when BLUE is faced after the Elite Four

I wanna see what would happen if they encountered a shiny. Oh my gosh, I'm having giggle fits just imagining it.

Shame this isn't a Gen 2 game, then. Pretty sure we didn't have shinies in Gen 1. =\

You know, if this game of Red/Blue is successfully completed (or possibly not), I wonder if whoever made this is going to make another Twitch Plays for another game, cause I'd honestly really like it if this just became a thing that Twitch had and people could play with.

I wonder how Twitch would fare playing a platformer, let alone Kaizo Mario.

They're in the exact same spot of Celadon City that I left them in several hours ago! Now what!?

Believe in our Helix overlord, he will show us the way

If they can get past that Route 9 ledge, I'm sure they'll be able to cut the tree again. It could take a while though

THIS JUST IN: THE TREE IS CUT. I REPEAT IT'S CUT

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the part of the day where they will be stuck on one particular thing and may very well take around 7-9 hours just to pass. It happened with the Vermilion City Cut Saga and the Route 9 Saga.

Annnnnnnnd just as I say that they taught Cut to a Pokemon and are making their way back to the Gym.

Praise our Helix Fossil/S.S.Ticket/Moon Stone gods.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been a while since I've played Gen 1, so I might have forgotten; was there an HM-required obstacle in Celadon City again? A tree perhaps.

Oh boy, just wait 'till the Surf HM comes into play.

By the time they need to get Surf, they will probably have no choice but to cheat for that particular moment. There's no way they are going to solve that Safari Zone puzzle.