Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

At least with the Gen 3 play through we don't have to worry about releasing as often due to the fact that you're untouchable if you know an HM move

Yes! We've finally won back Anarchy! Away from the PC!

They're seriously trying to kill Feraligatr.....isn't he the only Pokemon that knows Surf...

He's also the only one on the team currently who can even learn Surf!

I'm fine with losing Lazorgator; if it brings some chaos to the playthrough, then that's good.

I'm fine with losing Lazorgator; if it brings some chaos to the playthrough, then that's good.

The chaos is already coming back over current debacles, like the mass deposition of Evee and and Toegepi. But we'll be stranded and have it end if Ferlaligatr is lost.

You know, maybe Gen 2 was a bad choice. Sure, it sounded good on paper, but the initial experiment was if Twitch could actually beat Pokemon. Now we know we can beat it, and the question is "when?" (Especially when our Feraligator knows only attack moves. Even Bird Jesus was slightly crippled through most of the run.) The initial magic is gone. 

Maybe they should've gone with another RPG like Chrono Trigger or Dragon Quest to give a change of pace. I wonder if the initial excitement would've at least been more well managed that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I'd say it's more the fact that Gen 2 isn't too different from Gen 1 as far as gameplay and stage designs go. SO people aren't as hard-pressed to see if we'll make it through Gen 2.

Other RPGs wouldn't work near as well, though. Pokémon is perfect for this type of thing because even the tiniest bit of progress is still progress. You aren't sent back to your last "save point" like in other RPGs. Every trainer you defeat stays defeated, every Pokémon you level up stays leveled up, and you aren't punished for failing beyond losing a little bit of money, which hardly matters here anyway. No other game would work as well as Pokémon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Other RPGs wouldn't work near as well, though. Pokémon is perfect for this type of thing because even the tiniest bit of progress is still progress. You aren't sent back to your last "save point" like in other RPGs. Every trainer you defeat stays defeated, every Pokémon you level up stays leveled up, and you aren't punished for failing beyond losing a little bit of money, which hardly matters here anyway. No other game would work as well as Pokémon.

In Chrono Trigger, normal enemies pose little to no threat to anyone in your party. There's not much grinding involved, and besides, if a game over does happen, the one thing that could be done is just load the last save state to save the trip.

In Chrono Trigger, normal enemies pose little to no threat to anyone in your party. There's not much grinding involved, and besides, if a game over does happen, the one thing that could be done is just load the last save state to save the trip.

There's also no element of randomness that half the chat begs for, outside of a few respawning battles. It's far more linear than Pokémon and thus even more of a slog to go hours through.

There's also no element of randomness that half the chat begs for, outside of a few respawning battles. It's far more linear than Pokémon and thus even more of a slog to go hours through.

Well, you give me an RPG that has half the frustration and broken mechanics that Gen 1 did. I'm trying to give some thought to this mess, because obviously Gen 2 isn't delivering what Gen 1 could.

Well, you give me an RPG that has half the frustration and broken mechanics that Gen 1 did.

I can't. That's part of the problem, no game can really support an experiment like this that's not Pokémon, and we already did that.

I admit I don't care about this one as much because I have no nostalgic attachment to the second game.  If you lost interest in Pokémon it doesn't matter when it happened - EVERYONE played and knows the first game.  The further into the series we go the more it becomes a niché thing for a lot of people.

Yeah seriously I don't give a shit about TPP anymore and I don't even see as many posts about it on my dashboard.

Version Red was amazing from beginning to end. This is just wearing out the novelty.

it probably would have been better if they waited like a month or something.

Its 15 minutes of fame are up.

The reason it was interesting to see in the first place was because of the sheer unpredictability, and audacity of it all; over 100, 000 people playing one game. That shit writes itself, and all of the memes born just made it sweeter. 

However, the novelty has worn off. We already know they can do it, and Gen II's much more streamlined system just makes the game more "normal" than anything. 

It also has bosses and even standard enemies that punish you horribly if you attack them wrong. To say nothing of some of them, even relatively early-game ones which require magic to damage at all, deal heavy damage across the entire team if you're not patient enough to wait out their "counter stance" and royally fuck you over if you attack the wrong enemy or part of an enemy, there are a few enemies later on that can drain all of your MP if you attempt a physical attack on them, and god forbid, enemies that insta-kill you if you try to use magic on them. Sometimes both, in the same battle.

In TPP the closest we ever came to anything like that is making it into Lavender Town and suddenly realizing our team couldn't do shit against ghosts. CT isn't nearly so forgiving of borderline random button presses that have worked within reason in Pokemon, because besides type advantages there isn't actually a whole lot of necessary strategy involved.

Toegepi is dead. But we finally have withdrawn Evee!happy.png

Wow, poor Toegepi. was that the only 1 in-game?

Honestly if I can speak off topic for a second are the "TPP is dead" type posts neccessary? if you guys don't give much a crap anymore then theres no further point watching the thread, were probably just gonna progress farther in the game series and if you somehow dropped the game series at a certain point then its not going to make sense nor is it going to hold any value to you. Red is done, you guys can forget about this now if that was the only game you held real value with and let the rest of us who still do care chat about it, at least until we start FireRed I'm betting we will go apeshit again once we start that. I just don't want to see 5 pages of "Oh TPP is dead it isn't what it used to be bla bla bla bla bla" type posts clogging the thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly if I can speak off topic for a second are the "TPP is dead" type posts neccessary? if you guys don't give much a crap anymore then theres no further point watching the thread, were probably just gonna progress farther in the game series and if you somehow dropped the game series at a certain point then its not going to make sense nor is it going to hold any value to you. Red is done, you guys can forget about this now if that was the only game you held real value with and let the rest of us who still do care chat about it, at least until we start FireRed I'm betting we will go apeshit again once we start that. I just don't want to see 5 pages of "Oh TPP is dead it isn't what it used to be bla bla bla bla bla" type posts clogging the thread.

Yep. Thats the only togepi in the game.

Goku's got a point guys. No need to go crying "TPP is dead" just because you've lost interest in it.

goku, how many fucking times have we told you to cut the backseat moderating? Knock it off because we are so sick of your shit, you have absolutely no authority to dictate what can and can't be posted in this thread, as everybody has a right to voice their opinion on the matter.

• Thumbs Up 5

At this point RNGPlaysPokemon is ten times more interesting. No Democracy to slog through, for one.

goku, how many fucking times have we told you to cut the backseat moderating? Knock it off because we are so sick of your shit, you have absolutely no authority to dictate what can and can't be posted in this thread, as everybody has a right to voice their opinion on the matter.

When does stating my opinion on current discussion count as backseat moderating?

Look I understand I have had issues about that and I'm working on it but now its come to a point where I can't express an opinion honestly without being jumped down that I'am backseat moderating? it was meant as an opinion nothing more and I mean that, I'm sorry you took it the wrong way but arn't I allowed to speak my thoughts along with everyone else?

Let me ask you something Sean, if it was anyone else that said what I said would you have talked down the same way?

There was just no need to moan about it really.  Topics invite all opinions, not just positive ones.  Two conversations can run parallel, some posts saying they've lost interest can intermingle and do not infringe upon the posts that are still invested and talking about tactics and happenings.

You weren't so much "stating your opinion" but asking people not to state theirs.