Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

There was just no need to moan about it really.  Topics invite all opinions, not just positive ones.  Two conversations can run parallel, some posts saying they've lost interest can intermingle and do not infringe upon the posts that are still invested and talking about tactics and happenings.

You weren't so much "stating your opinion" but asking people not to state theirs.

If it came off like that then I apoligize but I honestly felt that I worded it the best I could without offending, I edited that post 4 times to add detail that didn't make it sound soo harsh.

I just seen it before in previous fad topics, they start fizzling out to people and they moan about it for pages on end that its not the same anymore or whatever. I just think it would be best to avoid all that if we can, I can understand people not feeling like its the same anymore and that it lost luster I just hope it doesn't drone on like that.

There's no room to debate this. Either don't dictate to others what they can and can't talk about, or follow your own advice and stay out of the topic yourself.

Let me ask you something Sean, if it was anyone else that said what I said would you have talked down the same way?

If it had been a first-time offender doing the backseat modding, would I have barked at him and told him "We've told you numerous times not to do this"?

HMM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool, Brian's a Pidgeot now.

You know, maybe Gen 2 was a bad choice. Sure, it sounded good on paper, but the initial experiment was if Twitch could actually beat Pokemon. Now we know we can beat it, and the question is "when?" (Especially when our Feraligator knows only attack moves. Even Bird Jesus was slightly crippled through most of the run.) The initial magic is gone. 

The initial magic for whom exactly? There are certainly a great deal people still enjoying it, and I doubt the creator was motivated by attention instead of actual fun.

When does stating my opinion on current discussion count as backseat moderating?

Look I understand I have had issues about that and I'm working on it but now its come to a point where I can't express an opinion honestly without being jumped down that I'am backseat moderating? it was meant as an opinion nothing more and I mean that, I'm sorry you took it the wrong way but arn't I allowed to speak my thoughts along with everyone else?

Let me ask you something Sean, if it was anyone else that said what I said would you have talked down the same way?

In my opinion, in that particular post I didn't think you were back-seat modding. I read it over a few times and everything seemed opinion driven.

I just don't want to see 5 pages of "Oh TPP is dead it isn't what it used to be bla bla bla bla bla" type posts clogging the thread

I feel as though that's a legitimate concern, especially for a topic you frequent quite a bit. Nothing in that overall post was demanding anyone to do anything. Just my two cents as an average member, no more, no less

• Thumbs Up 2

2d9.png

You know what they say,

"That's how it started"cool.png 

http://youtu.be/Kl1X4sMen-4

It could not do, it could not do
The lies inside you, it would not do
That dwells inside you, it could not do
That lives inside you, it should not do
That dwells inside you...

I like how it's actually starting to be its own thing all of a sudden. The death of Togepi really kicked off this whole "rage against the heavens" concept and got it out of its "let's go be Pokèmon masters again because why not" phase. No gods. No kings. Only 'mon.

Also Koga is a fucking asshole

This playthrough got mad dark for no reason. We went from trying to claim victory despite the hardships and ultimately bonding, to wanting revenge and killing the gods for abandoning us.

Oh I can't wait to see what they come up with for Emerald.

Is kind of a shame that Toegepi had to die just to start putting a halt to the "RELEASE the GATOR" mantra squad, and get things running again. Granted, I'm glad to see the lore flourishing once again.

Ironically, Togepi is the new Savior since its death was a crucial point of restart.

WE JUST BEAT KOGA

FUCKING

FINALLY

not thagt it actually matters when Bruno is going to destroy us anyway, but still

23c.png

234.jpg

697.jpg

968.png

mEnFbdQ.png

I love this new lore! It is simply fascinating how much it resonates with humanity as a whole. The old religion rose from almost nothing but chance and sheer randomness. So many people came to watch it out of sheer curiosity of the new thing that was gaining attention and immediately jumped onto the project in the hundreds. Then when the victory was finally achieved the stream had hit it's height and answered its great question of, "can this be done?" Sure enough, that was proven.

So what did this other follow up stream have to prove? It's like the children of today living off the expectations of their parents of yesteryear. Memes were forced onto this new playthrough, hoping to make it the same as it's predecessor, leading to disappointment from most people. And now look at it. While the stream has lost most of it's former viewers, it's found a new group that is not just staunchly against the old values, but aiming to oppose them. 

Yeah this is silly speculation and analysis, but it is too fascinating to not analyze. 

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh I can't wait to see what they come up with for Emerald.

Yes, let's see what they do with May. Poor girl's going to go mad. Provided they don't torment Red again in Fire Red or Leaf Green.

Had to read up on what makes this new lore the way it is; and my goodness things have certainly changed. Initially wanting to just go through Crystal to follow the exploits of Red and the Followers of Helix, to now following their own path. 

Without Kings, Without Gods, Only 'Mon.

After 50 years, they actually beat the Elite Four. We Kanto now.

Oh my god I can't believe I forgot all about Kanto. I was dumb enough to believe the game would end there.

Fool, it doesn't end until we kill god.

And after that, command the forces of nature. Which is what I'm hoping the theme of Gen 3 will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

And after that, command the forces of nature. Which is what I'm hoping the theme of Gen 3 will be.

Gen III and beyond should be even more lore filled considering there's already lore to begin with in those games.