Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

Dammit Soniman you beat me to it!

But seriously though this riot was one of the funniest things ever, I couldn't stop laughing. XD

1901860_10151982922963099_215470632_n.jp

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh.  Looking at it again just now, it seems as if both combos and voting have been disabled.  That didn't last long.  Or maybe they're just being tweaked.

The information does mention that the start button is being throttled now, though, and won't work nearly so often.  I assume that's a new feature.

What horrors will this new method bring?

Wasn't there a combination of buttons that made a soft reset?

That might be the reason it got disabled.

EDIT: nvm, I misread.

The voting system could turn this into something doable but unless it processes the votes ever 2 seconds or so I can see the game becoming way too slow (it'd still make more progress than the current way tho, but it'd be less hilarious at times). It would also help fight those bots in the chat (like the ones who keep spamming penises or a Korean girls messages), I wouldn't be surprised if more than one asshole left a spambot to post down, left or start every few seconds.

Imagine doing Hoenn with this shit.

Wingulls, Pellipers, and Tentacools everywhere. They'd never make it to Victory Road.

Wasn't there a combination of buttons that made a soft reset?

That might be the reason it got disabled.

Yeah, Start+Select+A+B.  But they all had to be pushed at once so I don't see how chain commands would be able to do that.

Yeah, Start+Select+A+B.  But they all had to be pushed at once so I don't see how chain commands would be able to do that.

The joke is: This did happen at one point.  The game got soft resetted and they nearly lost everything (I assume they managed to soft reset again and reload their save).  After that, Select was disabled.

Looking at it now, I've got no idea what's going on or what the anarchy/democracy metre means.  Except that voting for either increases the chances of it happening?  I'm not sure that it makes sense to vote for anarchy.  In terms of Twitch Plays Pokemon or in general.

I'm guessing they received both positive and negative feedback regarding the voting system, so they've implemented a separate vote as to whether it gets kept or not.  Seems most people want democracy right now.

TwitchPlaysPokemon now has two modes, anarchy and democracy.

Anarchy mode is the "old" mode, where everyone's inputs are applied immediately.

Democracy mode is vote-based and has a more sophisticated input system.

In order to switch from one mode to the other, the mode that isn't active needs 75% of votes as indicated by the dotted line, the current percentage of votes is indicated by the black line.

Democracy mode sounds boring. The entire point of this was that people are fighting over button inputs which creates a huge mess.

• Thumbs Up 3

Democracy is pretty boring to watch tbh.  I think the time between button presses should be shortened, it only takes 5-10 seconds for the deciding input to take its place at the top.

Also looks like democracy has made correct progress but taking about 2 minutes to produce about 5 seconds worth of regular gameplay progress.  Already people are bored and sliding back towards anarchy.  I really don't see how it could ever be beaten with anarchy though.  It'll be going for years.  But maybe some folk are okay with that, dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

Democracy is still a mess, but a manageable mess. Do you realise that they've spent like 20 hours in the Rocket Base maze? If they kept it as Anarchy they would never beat it. I mean just now on Democracy mode they managed to get through the maze after hours of trying (Democracy is far from easy, there's still fighting over button inputs) only for the game to switch to Anarchy mode right afterwards, and now: THEY'RE BACK IN THE MAZE! Because Anarchy mode does not work in the puzzle sections. Democracy still has the chaos of thousands of people playing, just now the trolls aren't being allowed to take control and send everyone in an endless loop.

Keep Anarchy for the battles and walking around and use Democracy for the puzzle sections.

And we just picked it up even though we are in anarchy mode! It only took, what a day? Day and a half? Now they're trying to teach Pidgeot Cut.

Was this done with the current anarchy or democracy? Either way, I prefer it the 'ol fashioned anarchy way and it looks like anarchy is winning the votes.

Shame Flareon isn't there though.

Was this done with the current anarchy or democracy? Either way, I prefer it the 'ol fashioned anarchy way and it looks like anarchy is winning the votes.

Shame Flareon isn't there though.

We got the lift key through Democracy. We're in Anarchy mode now, tho.

We got the lift key through Democracy. 

You sure 'bout that? 'Cause that would mean they literally shifted into it a few minutes ago.

Aaaaand, they just dug out before getting the other items in the room.

You sure 'bout that? 'Cause that would mean they literally shifted into it a few minutes ago.

Aaaaand, they just dug out before getting the other items in the room.

It's literally on the screenshot I posted. They were in democracy mode.

It's literally on the screenshot I posted. They were in democracy mode.

Ah, now I see it.

I was watching at the time, the maze and the battle with the rocket grunt were all done in Democracy. But all throughout the battle the bar was sliding to Anarchy and switches over just before picking up the lift key. Fortunately now that we've got the lift key we wont have to travel as far but it looks like it's going to swing back to Democracy soon anyway, likely so that no one runs us around the maze again.

I want them to stay in Democracy as long as it takes to get through Rocket Base. then switch back to anarchy but seriously, it's been over a day. There are a lot of people trying hard for a long time to get this and the only ones enjoying it now are the trolls. Nothing funny is happening because of Anarchy it's the same old stuff. 

People say Anarchy is more entertaining but it's not when you're in the same spot for over a day.

And now, there are innumerable battles waging within Red's head.

Anarchy Vs Democracy

The Church of Helix vs the Church of Dome

Left vs Right

Experienced vs Inexperienced

Pro-Evee vs Anti Evee

Troll vs Serious Gamer

Ectera, ectera. Odd infinitum.