Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

This whole system is absolutely insane and I love it to pieces

Praise unto Helix, let him show us the true way - is it the path of anarchy? Or the one of democracy? Could we overcome the looming threat which is the Route 22 x Victory Road combo?

• Thumbs Up 3

So it's anarchy vs. democracy now? 

Even with this change there's now over 80,000 people fighting over the fate of this grand journey. Praise Helix.

Lol people still have a sense of humour and troll potential even in Democracy.  For a while there people kept voting "start9" to win several times in a row, achieving nothing.

EDIT: I can't believe this though.  When I heard about it I was like "oh that's cool but whatever" and now I'm kind of invested what

Guys

I think now if it didn't make to the big time before, it certainly has now.

What's there to be proud of Twitch? Apart from the fact its bringing smiles and laughs to thousands of faces who'd rather watch than participate, what it is is the biggest fuck up in co-ordination. It'd be faster just playing the game yourself. It was probably a good idea, with about 8 people at control but its gone totally out of control with the number of people participating and shitheels posting Hitler and penis pics. Trolls just get in everywhere.

I tried watching a bit a couple of nights ago, and it was funny, for about 10 minutes, and two hours later they didn't budge a goddamn inch and I began to question the point of it.

Its a social experiement alright. How many people does it take to fuck up playing a single player game?

What's there to be proud of Twitch?

Its a social experiement alright. How many people does it take to fuck up playing a single player game?

Dude they've got like 4 badges haven't they?  If they were just walking randomly around Route 1 still you'd have a point but it's pretty amazing what has been accomplished so far.

And yes, it is a social experiment.  It always had the potential to be this big, the fact that it's managed to be occasionally entertaining and have progress through the game along the way is nothing short of bizarre.  If you're watching it for entertainment for more than a few minutes to see how far they've got or whether they manage to complete whatever short term goal they're on when you tuned in then you could prolly be finding more productive things to do with your time lol.

• Thumbs Up 6

I hope that there is no one participating that gets far too into it, like those who spend half the day playing World of Warcraft without moving from their chair and die from DVT.

What's there to be proud of Twitch? Apart from the fact its bringing smiles and laughs to thousands of faces who'd rather watch than participate, what it is is the biggest fuck up in co-ordination. It'd be faster just playing the game yourself.

Well no shit it'd be faster to play it yourself, but that isn't the point. The clusterfuck is the point. The trends that evolve out of having 80,000 monkeys on one typewriter are the point. The fact that they've gotten 4 badges in spite of the trolls, in spite of the stream lag, in spite of the disagreements, in spite of the sheer number of inputs from different people, is the point.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Thanks to democracy they managed to get past the floor puzzle, enter the elevator and now are on the floor where Giovanni resides. Just need to take care of this one Grunt. Praise be the Helix Fossil.

We're almost there everyone...

YfIrJho.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, so glad that it's finally making some progress.

The Anarchy/Democracy aspect has added an interesting wrinkle to the whole thing, it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Won't be surprised if, it it worked out the way it did, they actually plan for democracy in the overworld and anarchy during the battles more often.

Somebody just made this today and it's glorious. Praise be to Helix Fossil.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp, they lost to Giovanni, and you know what that means!

Well, at least they don't have to do the maze over again... right? Right?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering why there was all this talk of Helix and whatever all over the place, and now I know!

I popped in for a few minutes and... good God. The guy must be laughing his ass off given that he doesn't need to touch anything and can just watch the insanity progress.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, at least they don't have to do the maze over again... right? Right?!

They opened the shortcut door, so they're good.