Awoo.

Chroma (PC) - Harmonix's Revengeance

Blue Wisp

Remember Harmonix? The guys known for Rock Band and the early Guitar Hero games? Well, after Rock Band Blitz and Dance Central 3 they kind of disappeared off the map. But now, we know why. Introducing Chroma, the world's first musical first person shooter.

No, seriously. Music-based FPS.

CHROMA_concept-01-620x.jpg

Developed by Harmonix in association with the GLORIOUS guys of Hidden Path Entertainment (CS: Global Offensive). Hidden Path does the shootyshooty stuff while Harmonix does the untzuntzuntz parts. 

Copypasted because I got lazy.

Each team has their own side of an arena in Chroma, and each side has its own music. Getting closer to winning causes your side's music to play louder, with the goal being to overtake your opponents in both score and song. At key moments of the song, a musical change up can occur, and the map layout can change along with it. For example, a stylistic change in music could also have sniper towers rising up from the ground to mix up the map.

Apparently, rhythm will also play a part. The more rhythmtastic you shoot, the better your accuracy and score will be.

It looks trippy as hell.

CHROMA_alpha-screenshot-02-620x.jpg

CHROMA_alpha-screenshot-04-620x.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

So i guess they took inspiration from the Dubstep Gun from SR IV.

Out of curiosity: who is the publisher (if it was already announced)?

Interesting, definitely one of the more creative takes on an FPS. I'll keep an eye on this one to see how it goes.

Already signed up for the Alpha. Rock Band is awesome, and Harmonix are great devs.

Plus, an interesting, original take on the FPS genre? Count me in!

Do we have any idea what the minimum settings are like? I wonder if I would be able to run this. 

Do we have any idea what the minimum settings are like? I wonder if I would be able to run this. 

From the Alpha signup page:

Memory: 4GB RAM

Processor: Intel 3.0 GHz, AMD 3.0 GHz

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670 / ATI Radeon HD 6800

You kidding me? I have a 2.7 processor. 

Why.

Your not alone friend *pats on shoulder* your not alone.

From the Alpha signup page:

Memory: 4GB RAM

Processor: Intel 3.0 GHz, AMD 3.0 GHz

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670 / ATI Radeon HD 6800

Oh look, another poorly optimized PC game.

Its ALPHA testing, if you dont have a good computer you shouldnt be doing it, they themselves admit its not optimized yet

admitedly though I am not sure I have the right specs, pretty sure I have right around the right ones so I figure why not try and enter (shrugs)

Out of curiosity: who is the publisher (if it was already announced)?

I see no such publisher in the legal section. It must be self-published, especially considering it's free-to-play.

On the game itself: Please come to PS4, Please come to PS4...

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the Alpha signup page does mention that it's not optimized for all machines.

Even if you're just under those specs you should still give the Alpha signups a shot. I did.

Those settings could be exaggerated.

Clockspeed isn't really that big of a deal. Architecture is more important. A 2.7 GHZ newer CPU could run the game better than a 3.5GHZ Pentium.

I am very interested in the concept behind this game. A rhythm-based FPS game and made by Harmonix? On paper sounds very promising and it's an interesting twist on a genre that has been receiving God knows how many uninteresting shooters in the past years...

I'll keep an eye on this project. Hopefully by the time I upgrade my computer to decent specs I'll be able to get the game.

Sounds (huehuehue) like a very novel concept but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic so far, I can barely tell what's going on the screens.

Maybe it looks better in motion?

EDIT: Reading the article, they aren't so happy with the art right now either so it's going to get some tweaks later... cool.