Awoo.

SS:R not working

Frogging101

For the past week or so, I haven't been able to listen to SEGASonic:Radio by any means. The web player doesn't work and VLC won't play it either. The problem seems to stem from http://play.radio.sonicstadium.org/ssr.aac returning 404. If this file is the stream carrier, then that would explain it.

I'm kinda confused because at scheduled showtimes (or at any other time, for that matter), nobody on IRC mentioned anything about the stream not playing. Maybe it's just my machine, maybe not. Can anyone else confirm?

• Thumbs Up 1

If I can remember, the only show that can actually get on was Turbo Drive Live. Also, after his show ended this predicament occurred. 

Needless to say, it's good to have this checked at.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah. Sorted. I imagine it crashed during the Boom announcement. There's measures in place to restart the stream, but if it fails enough times it gives up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah. Sorted. I imagine it crashed during the Boom announcement. There's measures in place to restart the stream, but if it fails enough times it gives up.

It's broken again :s

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

If Icecast keeps crashing I suggest you do a svn update and recompile, a lot of bug fixes (including a severe memory leak) was fixed recently. Also you can use this script set to a crontab job to keep an eye on the Icecast server:

#!/bin/sh

ICECAST='/path/to/icecast -c /path/to/configfile.xml'
SERVICE='icecast'
EMAIL='your@email.com'

if [ "$(pidof $SERVICE)" ]
then
    echo "$SERVICE service running, everything is fine"
else
    echo "$SERVICE is not running! Attempting to restart." | mail -s "$SERVICE down" $EMAIL
    $ICECAST
fi

This method has worked well for me on my Icecast servers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I've noticed another thing. On the 24/7 random stream (where it plays random Sonic media), I'm pretty sure it's playing everything twice in a row. It's not always noticeable; maybe because a lot of these things loop more-or-less seamlessly (or I'm not paying full attention). But it seems to be the case nonetheless.

I've noticed another thing. On the 24/7 random stream (where it plays random Sonic media), I'm pretty sure it's playing everything twice in a row. It's not always noticeable; maybe because a lot of these things loop more-or-less seamlessly (or I'm not paying full attention). But it seems to be the case nonetheless.

This issue been going on for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.