Awoo.

Solo Sonic

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I do want to ask. why do people think Sonic steals moves from other characters?

Why do you think the opposite?

Also nobody has said this.

Why do you think the opposite?

Also nobody has said this.

refering to this:

As for that second post, Sonic's friends have never stolen any of his moves. If anything, it's the other way around via the wisps. Flying/digging/climbing/whatever are not, nor should they ever be, Sonic's moves. Yellow Wisp? Digging should be for Knuckles. Crimson Wisp? That's close to how imagined Tails' flight in 3D should look like. Red Wisp? C'mon that should totally be Blaze doing that awesome Fire Burst move! Indigo Wisp? Big. Seriously how does that guy NOT have he's own orbit!?

Sonic has strength and the wisps add to the gameplay. If others are added then all of it gets taken away from Sonic. Sonic wont be strong it will be given to Knuckles and Amy. Sonic wont be acrobatic because Amy is. Sonic wont have the ablity to float because Tails can fly.

refering to this:

Sonic has strength and the wisps add to the gameplay. If others are added then all of it gets taken away from Sonic. Sonic wont be strong it will be given to Knuckles and Amy. Sonic wont be acrobatic because Amy is. Sonic wont have the ablity to float because Tails can fly.

If you look at it like that, you could say that Sonic stole those abilities from them (at least in the case of Tails and Knuckles) in the first place.

Yeah, the Wisps aren't Sonic's powers. But if you do want to play this incredibly silly and rather petty game and say that other characters are "stealing Sonic's powers", then technically he stole them first. You're literally saying "I want Sonic to be the best at everything and nobody else to have any useful skills." 

Listen, I understand that you're feeling as though you're being attacked personally in these discussions, but that's really not generally the case. Problem is, it's becoming evermore difficult to tolerate what you're saying when you completely refuse to listen. You've placed Sonic on a golden pedestal and view him as a near-perfect force. You don't pay attention to answers people give when you ask questions, instead opting to return right back to your original argument which people have tried to offer a different perspective on repeatedly. As I've said numerous times now, your argument boils down to nothing more than very shallow favouritism. I can't be bothered to waste my words any more.

This is total fan-boy/fan-girlism. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Tails cant hover though. Silver and Omega can but not Tails

Neither Silver nor Omega can ascend while hovering though; unlike Tails who is able to for a limited amount of time. Either way, my original point that Sonic could be considered an ability thief, by your own logic, still stands.

I  never ment to annoy you. I dont want to be annoying and hated I want to be liked. I want to be a good Sonic fan and I DO get passonate about my favorite character. I want him to be equal not the best. I dont want him to do everything. I would never want him to be god. Im not like that. I have a brain Im not stupid. I just get defensive of Sonic because I somethings think fans want him to be downgraded and it bothers me because we has great Sonic gameplay when he was the focus. Sonic Unleashed being perfect and both ways and Sonic Colors with range and Lost World was acrobatics to only rocket was needed.

Im not really ready for him to not have that and thats why I am defensive about Sonic. I am listening and I want to belive you. I just want Sonic to be shown in a good light and if it means friends come back then so be it because he needs them. I dont know what else to say that would make others forgive other than Im truely sorry for annoyng you.

I  never ment to annoy you. I dont want to be annoying and hated I want to be liked. I want to be a good Sonic fan and I DO get passonate about my favorite character. I want him to be equal not the best. I dont want him to do everything. I would never want him to be god. Im not like that. I have a brain Im not stupid. I just get defensive of Sonic because I somethings think fans want him to be downgraded and it bothers me because we has great Sonic gameplay when he was the focus. Sonic Unleashed being perfect and both ways and Sonic Colors with range and Lost World was acrobatics to only rocket was needed.

Im not really ready for him to not have that and thats why I am defensive about Sonic. I am listening and I want to belive you. I just want Sonic to be shown in a good light and if it means friends come back then so be it because he needs them. I dont know what else to say that would make others forgive other than Im truely sorry for annoyng you.

Can you just chill out for a second? Whenever someone calls you out on something you break down like this. Nobody said you were annoying or hates you, and nobody here sees Sonic in a bad light. You don't have to constantly say sorry about people disagreeing with you.

In all honesty, that's the most annoying thing about you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, stop apologizing every time somebody disagrees with you; its called an opinion there is nothing to be sorry about when it comes to that, and its getting rather tiresome for everyone to keep repeating this. Nobody is attacking you for having a different opinion, nobody is angry at you for having a different belief. If anything, people are getting upset not because of your opinion but because you feel everyone is dog-piling you over it, when its not the case. 

Stop acting like someone not agreeing with you is considered an attack, that's it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, I don't think coming off as aggressive is helping her see that, not for this case. The more blunt and direct you tell her how annoying she's being for apologizing so much, despite all your good intentions, the more it comes off as an attack and tells her otherwise and making her that much more defensive as she unintentionally annoys you more. You're gonna have to tackle this differently.

But before I get onto that...

Yes, but you may just as well say that their next solo Sonic game has the potential to lose an equal amount of respect.  If they're going to fail anyway, they might as well fail differently.

But it'll do so without dragging every other tangential thing with it and open people's eyes to the fact that being different doesn't equate to failure like they have been, i.e. if a solo Sonic game loses respect, nobody can blame it on the other characters and the narrative and send the message that Sonic Team has to eliminate these elements and never bring them back.

If they're going to do something differently, I want them to succeed at it and open people's minds. If it fails, then people are going to scapegoat those differences.

Now on to Sonikku-chan...

I dont know what else to say that would make others forgive other than Im truely sorry for annoyng you.

Look, just calm down, okay? Nobody here has said you're annoying for your passion, they're more annoyed about you being overly-defensive and self-conscious over your opinion.

People disagree because they have an alternate view of things and a different experience, not because they hate you. You don't need to apologize for every different view you have unless people flat out tell you they're insulted.

• Thumbs Up 2

Im fine for disgareement but its hard to disagree with others when you think they are upset at what you say. the lastest post scared me and people agree with it so thats why I came to that.

I just need to better my opinions on Sonic.

I can't believe I'm being a Shepherd here, of all people. :lol:

Im fine for disgareement but its hard to disagree with others when you think they are upset at what you say. the lastest post scared me and people agree with it so thats why I came to that.

These forums have very tense and heated moments, so you'll have to grow some really thick skin and not feel too personal about it. Especially if you have a conflicting view.

People here can be scary, but they don't mean any ill-will behind their views...well, most of them that I know at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't believe I'm being a Shepherd here, of all people. laugh.png

These forums have very tense and heated moments, so you'll have to grow some really thick skin and not feel too personal about it. Especially if you have a conflicting view.

People here can be scary, but they don't mean any ill-will behind their views...well, most of them that I know at least.

I know they dont mean harm sometimes I think they are angry and I try to be good to them but yeah.

I just REALLY didnt like how people though I only like solo sonica because Sonic is my favorite character, I liked Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic wasnt playable!

I know they dont mean harm sometimes I think they are angry and I try to be good to them but yeah.

I just REALLY didnt like how people though I only like solo sonica because Sonic is my favorite character, I liked Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic wasnt playable!

The language barrier, I'm assuming?

A lot of people here say some really intense stuff with no ill-will. That, and these forums are more "grey" compared to other places I've seen. Like I said, it's not that people here are angry at you for liking solo Sonic because Sonic is your favorite character; people are angry the belief (meaning not you as a person, just the opinion and only the opinion itself) of solo Sonic because it prevents them from playing as other characters and over-limiting variety in the series in allowing other characters playable.

Again, there's a middle ground. We don't need solo Sonic, we just need to not force the other characters on the player.

• Thumbs Up 1

i dont like solo sonic just because Sonic is my favorite character. yes he is my favorite character and i look up to him and I like to play with him. but thats not the reason. I was happy when the focus was on Sonic. I like Sonic 2006 I really do. My only complaint was that I didnt see enough Sonic but it changed when I played games after it. and also I was force to play with other characters.

I dont want to be force to play as a character. I hate Sonic Advance but I will say that I like that I can play as Sonic until the very end. there is no true final boss that i needed to play as everyone. If I want to fight perfert chaos, I had to treasure hunt and that was a pain. If I want to fight biolizerd, I had to do the dark story, I had to treasure hunt. There was not getting around. The hero story? I was forced to play with Tails and Knuckles. I love Dr Eggman but I hate to be force to play as Shadow and Rouge. Sonic Heroes? I HAD to play as the other teams so that I can be Team Sonic in the end.

I dont want to be force to play as the friends so that I can get a final story. Sonic is the one that fights the final boss and I like it but dont force me to play as his friends just so I can get that moment. Let me play as Sonic to the end and then unlock others so that they are opinal and not part of the main story gameplay.  Shadow the Hedgehog has the right idea. I got to play as Shadow until the end. Only thing I was force to do was complete missions which is fine because Im not changing gameplays.

Well, here's the thing, at least regarding an earlier point I made and one that you pointed out: the other characters should be optional. The kind of thing that Sonic Advance did. That was a problem a lot of people had with other titles for reasons you've already pointed out, it forces you to play others to get the whole package rather than letting you pick on you own leisure.

The other thing is that Sonic can share the focus with another character, and there's no harm to him for doing so. People see things a bit black and white when you say "I want the focus on Sonic" because to them that implies that other characters shouldn't be allowed on an equal footing. I know that's not what you're trying to say, but that's what others are reading into it. Sure let the focus be on Sonic, but no reason someone like Shadow or Tails can't be on the same page with him if the story and game allows it. Their stories just needs to be optional.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want others to be equal. Im not saying others are not allowed. Im saying that characters shouldnt overstep their roles. I do be afraid because people say "less Sonic more friends!!" and then Sonic Booms playable characters make me fear two things:

-they are all forced

-characters will overstep their roles

Characters should get less to equal focus to Sonic in my opinion because this is Sonic the Hedgehog.

I want others to be equal. Im not saying others are not allowed. Im saying that characters shouldnt overstep their roles. I do be afraid because people say "less Sonic more friends!!" and then Sonic Booms playable characters make me fear two things:

-they are all forced

-characters will overstep their roles

Characters should get less to equal focus to Sonic in my opinion because this is Sonic the Hedgehog.

Well, look at the context. For seven years we've had games that focused on Sonic to the exclusion of everyone else, and a lot of us are tired of it. I even considered not buying Lost World after learning that Tails wouldn't be playable. Also, does it really matter who the title character is? Mario doesn't get special treatment in most of his games after all. I don't mean to sound rude, but you're beginning to come across as overly paranoid.

How on earth doesn't Mario get special treatment on his games? Remember how long it took for Luigi to return as a playable character in a main game? How long for it not to be an unlockable? How long for the extra slots to not be bland Toads so as to not divert attention?

Also please be a bit more aware before you call other people paranoid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course I dont want him to get special treatment. I dont want him to be GOD like i say before. Just relvent. He can be relevent with playable friends yes.

How on earth doesn't Mario get special treatment on his games? Remember how long it took for Luigi to return as a playable character in a main game? How long for it not to be an unlockable? How long for the extra slots to not be bland Toads so as to not divert attention?

Also please be a bit more aware before you call other people paranoid.

The Bland Toads are from the Toad Brigade...also none of that has to do with Mario getting special treatment.

Luigi Playable...Original, 2, 2 USA, 3, World, Remakes of 2 USA, 3, and World, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, etc. Luig being an unlockable is basically due to him being hard mode.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've enjoyed most of Sonic lone adventures for the majority (Sonic Labyrinth being an obvious exception).

I'm all for having some of the other characters making a playable appearance in later games but they need to be fun to play as again.

They don't need to come back to just for the sake of it.  That's the very thing that got them removed in the first place. If the other characters are going to return (and I'm pretty sure they will, in fact I'd say it's inevitable), then Sega/Sonic Team need to take notes from the classics, the adventure series, advanced trilogy, and maybe the Rush and Rivals games in order to make sure are fun again.  

I like these characters (well most of 'em) and I want to see them shine; rather than fall like in '06 and Black Knight.

I could give a damn about plot because that's for writers to figure out. Talking strictly about gameplay here.

I've enjoyed most of Sonic lone adventures for the majority (Sonic Labyrinth being an obvious exception).

I'm all for having some of the other characters making a playable appearance in later games but they need to be fun to play as again.

They don't need to come back to just for the sake of it.  That's the very thing that got them removed in the first place. If the other characters are going to return (and I'm pretty sure they will, in fact I'd say it's inevitable), then Sega/Sonic Team need to take notes from the classics, the adventure series, advanced trilogy, and maybe the Rush and Rivals games in order to make sure are fun again.  

I like these characters (well most of 'em) and I want to see them shine; rather than fall like in '06 and Black Knight.

I could give a damn about plot because that's for writers to figure out. Talking strictly about gameplay here.

People use Black Knight as the positive example...odd 1 out you are.

I, myself, see no appeal at all in multiple characters if they don't share any or many attributes with each other. The way Sonic Adventure 2 handled this was absolutely dreadful IMO. Go back to the way it was done in Sonic 3 & Knuckles or maybe Sonic Adventure or GTFO, really.

From a story standpoint, I can understand how it removes emphasis from other characters in the story if we aren't playing as them but to be honest that's only really necessary when the game focuses on these characters enough.