Awoo.

Who would you guys would want to see your favorite character redesigned in Sonic Boom

ShadowMarioStar54

There are several characters that I'd like to see appear in Boom, including Shadow, Rouge and the Chaotix, most of whom could be redesigned in interesting ways. Shadow's already been covered a lot, so I don't have much to say on him; give him a red scarf or cloak to match Sonic's bandana and a couple other accessories and you're good to go. 

I think it would be cool if Espio was given a belt or something to hold all his shiruken, and I'd like to see him change colors to reflect his emotions rather than just turn invisible. I'd kind of like to see Vector Don a fedora and a coat to show that he's a detective boss (I'd also say to give him a cigar, since I can totally see him smoking a cigar just to look cool, but I don't suppose that'd fly). Charmy is probably the only character you can't do a whole lot with. I seriously got nothing for him.

The most flexible character here, in my opinion, would probably be Rouge, who I'd very much like to appear in this series as another rival for the heroes (I can also see her helping them either when it benefits her or when even she can see that teamwork would be the best way out of a situation, especially if she is the reason they're in trouble in the first place). I don't think being a spy would really be necessary in this series, so I think that part of her character could be removed while emphasis is placed on the "adventurer" part of her character (her being a treasure hunter and all), and her redesign could reflect that.

I found this piece of fan art showing how Rouge could look in Sonic Boom, and I think it's a great look for her:

rouge_custom_sonic_boom_redesign_by_blue

Remove the sports tape (since I don't think Rouge would ever wear sports tape) and make the legs a lot less human-shaped, and this design would be perfect. Her hairstyle is great and the new clothes really make her look like a treasure hunter now. The artist even kept the color pink and the heart (on a belt here) as a part of her design. If Rouge were to be redesigned, this is how I'd want her to look.

I feel like, for Charmy, there'd be some grounds for dressing him up as a kid reporter or something like that.  Sling an old-fashioned camera 'round his neck, that sort of thing.  I feel like hats don't really work for Sonic characters, but if you were to throw a trenchcoat on Vector, maybe rip the sleeves off to show he's a no-nonsense sort of guy, that might work for the old-school detective angle.  I don't know how to get Espio to fit in with this, though; maybe a master of disguise sort of thing?  Chaotix are a pretty weird group.  ...And there's something in me that says it might be more interesting to see them as antagonists to Team Boom than allies right off the bat.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wanna see some cameos or NPC's at least resembling the forgotten characters. Nack/Fang, Bean, Bark, Mighty etc. Would be nice to see a version of Metal or Mecha Sonic make a boss appearance too. I'm all for throwing in a lot of Easter Egg material into this game since its its own thing and not as bogged down in rules and regulations as the main Sonic Team game series.

i'm interested in quite a few. I feel as though Rouge wouldn't have sort's tape. The sport's tape is given to the characters who don't care about their appearance. Eggman and Amy both don't wear tape, they were fixed up clothing -- they care about their appearance. Rouge strikes me as someone who DOES care about her appearance (she even wear's make up when she's out), I don't see her with sport's tape. The fanart where she's designed in Boomlike fashion seem to look over that detail.

Meh, maybe I'd want Marine persay. Definitely Omega and Blaze though.

• 3 weeks later...

i would like to see blaze in sonic boom, and if the rumoris true and shadow will be in it, let´s see what they will do with shadow.