Awoo.

Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes "I'm having a party!"

Badnik Mechanic

I agree with this, except I hope they don't remove her affection for Sonic completely.

I'm getting the feeling she's going towards the "I don't need any man" kind of personality when she actually really does desire someone to be with. I mean... who wouldn't, really? Barring being asexual I'm fairly certain everyone wants to have someone special at some point.

I think her liking of Sonic will remain intact but she'll be more reserved about it. But at the same time, hardly looking insecure or vulnerable.

I think her liking of Sonic will remain intact but she'll be more reserved about it. But at the same time, hardly looking insecure or vulnerable.

YES. This. From the way she's being described by previews, her personality seems to be more like what I would have liked to see her be post Adventure1.

Wow knuckles made me laugh. He sounds like he wants to give his friends a laugh instead of actually being a "dumb muscle"

And can probably see the others making

funny stupid comments for this show.

Still a long way for this stuff to come out so yea.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would've liked the humor to be like Ratchet and Clank, but I guess that what dreams are for right?

Considering how subjective that is, not really.

I studied one particular shot very closely, and tried my best to read what it says. A lot of the text is really blurry, and some of it is completely illegible, but I did my best. (Note: The shot pans slightly, so not all of the text is contained in this one screenshot. For this reason, a few lines of the text that I wrote down do not appear in the image below.)

The original image

Yo7LDXB.png

The "translated" text

UI

• DRC Layout ???????
  • options Screen ??? ???? ???
  • Pause Menu ??? ????????

Level Design

• Balance Tuning – 1st Pass
  • Level 10 – 2nd Pass
  • Hub 02 – 2nd Pass ???????
  • Level 07 – 2nd Pass
  • Battle Mode – 1st Pass
  • ??????????????? – 2nd Pass

I studied one particular shot very closely, and tried my best to read what it says. A lot of the text is really blurry, and some of it is completely illegible, but I did my best. (Note: The shot pans slightly, so not all of the text is contained in this one screenshot. For this reason, a few lines of the text that I wrote down do not appear in the image below.)

The original image

Yo7LDXB.png

The "translated" text

I think that sheet was made solely for this "Behind the Scenes look" it's just really generic, and has no sense of organization about how it's grouped. I mean it's got -

LEVEL DESIGN

- half way through the paper, but the paper has nothing to do with level design. It's only listing off miscellaneous shit.

So it seems there will be multiple hubs, then that beach area we saw in some shots will probably be that. This will probably be like the Jak games, where you unlock more of the hub world as you progress.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that sheet was made solely for this "Behind the Scenes look" it's just really generic, and has no sense of organization about how it's grouped. I mean it's got -

LEVEL DESIGN

- half way through the paper, but the paper has nothing to do with level design. It's only listing off miscellaneous shit.

Ha, good point. You might be right. Regardless, though, I do think that we can glean at least one bit of information from this. The list very clearly mentions a "Battle Mode" (possibly a gameplay mode for multiple players?). Even if they did make this list just for this video, I'm sure they wouldn't put something on it that wasn't actually in the game. It's a very minor thing, sure, but I think it's worth noting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ha, good point. You might be right. Regardless, though, I do think that we can glean at least one bit of information from this. The list very clearly mentions a "Battle Mode" (possibly a gameplay mode for multiple players?). Even if they did make this list just for this video, I'm sure they wouldn't put something on it that wasn't actually in the game. It's a very minor thing, sure, but I think it's worth noting.

Right-O. They wouldn't want to make disappointed fans by promising something they won't deliver.

How are we certain that's "Battle Mode"? I could be anything.

How are we certain that's "Battle Mode"? I could be anything.

(Sorry for the odd screenshot, but this text is only visible when it's fading into the next image, so this is the best view of it that we have.)

rRE3mY6.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I gotta say, I was disappointed with Lost Worlds humor (which is subjective) but I really do love this. It just sounds like it'll be well good. Of course I can't judge it yet because we've seen nothing, but it seems as if it would fit well with what they're aiming for and beyond. We haven't seen the context of "I sound like a fortune cookie..." for all we know that could be alternate dimension Knuckles talking or even an alternate food dimension Knuckles thing, so saying it's not smart humor should be held until we actually see the context. Also remember the audience 6-11. Most "kids" shows still have elements of humor adults/older people can enjoy so we probably just have to wait and see.

The like 3 seconds of Hub we saw made me really excited. I do hope that's not top-speed though (excluding mach zone). They looked as if they controlled quite smooth though! And I'm glad that the T.V. show and game are kind of only connected  through subject. Gives the game the freedom to be story oriented and show comedy/action. 

And the voice acting- I like Roger really getting into Sonic, as before I wish he wasn't Sonic, but now.. but now! He kinda actually fits this Sonic. I enjoyed his voice, he's into it! And they really seemed they were having fun. 

(Sorry for the odd screenshot, but this text is only visible when it's fading into the next image, so this is the best view of it that we have.)

rRE3mY6.png

Ah! Now I see it!

Hmm, I'm sensing witty sarcasm from Knuckles' lines. Well, all the more the mitigate my fears of a dumb Knuckles! Good job Travis Willingham!biggrin.png

How do you hear sarcasm in those lines?

If you ask me, the first line sounds like Knuckles "accidentally" said something wise(ish) and was surprised by it. Hence him calling himself a fortune cookie. The second line is just dumb. Not his typical angry dumbness, but a more eager, excitable dumbness.

After years of having him be the strong dumb guy, I'm not really sure why you'd think these lines were meant to be sarcastic.

I mean I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. The game might do him a bit more justice, but who knows. We know it's more story focused. The one line we heard from him there, sounded less dumb, but that's just one short line.

P.S. I should mention I'm not talking about quality here.

It didn't sound much like sarcasm to me either. Actually, those lines didn't even really seem like something you'd hear coming from the games' generally lucid Dumb Knuckles; they're the sort of thing a character like Homestar Runner might say.

(maybe this is actually the fabled alternate dimension Knuckles, hailing from the dimension of ditzes~?)

I'm not terribly fussed, since this isn't the same character as Sonic Team's Knuckles (and frankly I've always preferred Dumb Knuckles over anything like the Grim Knuckles who appeared in Chronicles and a lot of the comics, although a compromise like Zero Gravity sort of had is preferable). If we're very lucky, he might turn out to be something like Transformers Animated's Bulkhead; dim but sweet and oddly insightful. Bulkhead <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh I'd settle for something more along the lines of Transformers Prime's Bulkhead.

Meh I'd settle for something more along the lines of Transformers Prime's Bulkhead.

I do also like Prime Bulkhead (though he's a lot less cute), but he's probably actually a little too smart to fit what they seem to be going for with Knuckles here.

...again, unless there are some weird story circumstances going on, like Knuckles is literally a food item as he's saying these lines. I'm starting to think that might actually somehow be the case. If we get an episode summary somewhere down the line that involves Eggman inventing a machine that turns people into breakfast pastries, I called it~

I guess I like that, regardless of what's going on with his brainpower, Boom Knuckles seems to at least be pretty friendly and definitely not at risk of becoming a gloomy sourpuss. It kind of makes sense for him to be not so grump, since Tails seems to be conforming to his snarkier Lost World personality and Amy will probably be the type of sassy Strong Female Character you get in media like this. Somebody's gotta be the nice guy.

I actually didn't mind Cindy's performance here, this coming from someone who hated her performance for Amy at first. While I still would of preferred a more mature sounding voice I'm kinda glad they didn't do that. I love Amy for her bubbly personality and to get rid of all that, they might as well use a new character. I'm very excited to see what they do with her, and what her relationship will be with Sonic and the rest of the group.

• Thumbs Up 3

How do you hear sarcasm in those lines?

If you ask me, the first line sounds like Knuckles "accidentally" said something wise(ish) and was surprised by it. Hence him calling himself a fortune cookie. The second line is just dumb. Not his typical angry dumbness, but a more eager, excitable dumbness.

After years of having him be the strong dumb guy, I'm not really sure why you'd think these lines were meant to be sarcastic.

I mean I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. The game might do him a bit more justice, but who knows. We know it's more story focused. The one line we heard from him there, sounded less dumb, but that's just one short line.

P.S. I should mention I'm not talking about quality here.

I meant it in the sense that Knuckles is being witty with humor as opposed to him reading as just dumb.

I meant it in the sense that Knuckles is being witty with humor as opposed to him reading as just dumb.

You know I kind of like this idea, that he could just be acting dumb on purpose.

I mean, doesn't the saying go the more awful and stupid the pun the better it is, and all? tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 3