Awoo.

Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes "I'm having a party!"

Badnik Mechanic

I believe I must be one of the only few people who really like Amy's voice. I dunno why particularly... but the voice in general is just cute to me. Which fits my view of Amy, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe I must be one of the only few people who really like Amy's voice. I dunno why particularly... but the voice in general is just cute to me. Which fits my view of Amy, I suppose.
But, I dunno, I could deal with it, with the (I don't wanna say old because I guess its still being used, urm) SoJ Amy design. But, with the Boom design, I feel like it just doesn't fit her.

Look at the game though. Yes it was one kine we heard but knuckles didnt say anything remotely dumv
"And my delicious whipped cream filling will shoot out like toothpaste! I'm in." Seemingly though, this is purposely dumb as opposed to actually dumb.

Anyone notice the sketches of the characters in the background here? I know we've seen some of the Sonic ones, but I know we haven't seen that Amy one. Hopefully we get to see more sketches of all the characters soon ^^1961504_436434306489356_1090442283_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, I wonder if concept art, deleted scenes , sketches and whatnot will be featured in the game as hidden goodies, ala the gems in Crash Twinsanity or the the hidden items in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've never been so interested in seeing an art book before. Would really love for Boom to have a special edition that includes one.

If not that, make them unlockable extras. Might be first time I would actually care for unlocking concept art.

It's kind of a shame Sonic games since Unleashed haven't really featured levels wide and big enough to place hidden items. If there's one thing that can bring me back to even the likes of Crash Twinsanity's Ant Agony stage, or Eggmanland, it's treasure-hunting for those concept beauties. And since this appears to be taking a grandeur step in Adventure's direction to the point where they have hub worlds, I'd reckon they'll have quite a bit to keep us busy for once.biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

It's kind of a shame Sonic games since Unleashed haven't really featured levels wide and big enough to place hidden items. If there's one thing that can bring me back to even the likes of Crash Twinsanity's Ant Agony stage, or Eggmanland, it's treasure-hunting for those concept beauties. And since this appears to be taking a grandeur step in Adventure's direction to the point where they have hub worlds, I'd reckon they'll have quite a bit to keep us busy for once.biggrin.png

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who enjoyed hunting for them. Considering that this is going to have a larger focus on exploration they could put some of them in alternate routes design for specific characters. It would give just one more reason to replay a level with different team mates.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be really surprised if there weren't collectibles and hidden items scattered throughout this game. It's an action-adventure game with lots of exploration. Where's the fun in exploration if there's nothing to find?

I'd be really surprised if there were collectibles and hidden items scattered throughout this game. It's an action-adventure game with lots of exploration. Where's the fun in exploration if there's nothing to find?

I'm confused. Did you mean to say "if there weren't"?

I really hope there's a good context for Knuckles apparently thinking he is food and Sonic thinking standing under a huge boulder is a good idea... Hopefully Knuckles is trying to be funny and Sonic doesn't care because he's so fast...Edit: Actually that still doesn't make much sense.

I still really like the way Sonic and Eggman talk to each other...and alternate dimensions? Will the

main series counterparts make a cameo perhaps?

I'd be really surprised if there were collectibles and hidden items scattered throughout this game. It's an action-adventure game with lots of exploration. Where's the fun in exploration if there's nothing to find?

Don't worry, the Jak and Daxter series built it's name of that kind of shit, I would be shocked if we didn't see any of that here.

Collectibles, then? Sounds perfect. But I haven't played any Naughty Dog games before. So what kind of collectibles are we talking about? Are we talking Sonic Colors' Red Star Rings kind of collectibles, Super Mario 64's kind of collectibles, or Banjo-Kazooie's kind of collectibles?

A combination of power-ups and/or unlockable concept art, skins, deleted scenes, music, etc.

I really hope there's a good context for Knuckles apparently thinking he is food and Sonic thinking standing under a huge boulder is a good idea... Hopefully Knuckles is trying to be funny and Sonic doesn't care because he's so fast.

Based on the way they were talking in that scene, I think they were trying to misdirect someone (probably Dr. Eggman) into thinking they would be standing under a boulder.

A combination of power-ups and/or unlockable concept art, skins, deleted scenes, music, etc.

Let's not forget blooper reels, gotta have bloopers.

We will most definitely see tons of collectibles in any Jak-style game.

However, Jak also required you hunt for enough Orbs to get the cutscene viewer and level select. I really hope we don't go down that route but... it'd be par the course.

So long as no collectibles are required to advance, I'm good on design, personally.

Also expect a post-credits sequel hook similar to Jak 1 that requires you spend hours getting 100%.

I'd love to see the return of hidden concept art and other extras in stages! It's a shame that ever since Sonic Unleashed we haven't really seen that in a Sonic game since, bar Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love to see the return of hidden concept art and other extras in stages! It's a shame that ever since Sonic Unleashed we haven't really seen that in a Sonic game since, bar Generations.

Hell, Unleashed was the only main canon game to do this IIRC. The storybook games but did it. That's about it in terms of collectables leading to out-of-level extras.

Based on the way they were talking in that scene, I think they were trying to misdirect someone (probably Dr. Eggman) into thinking they would be standing under a boulder.

Or perhaps Cubot and Orbot. As seeing as this is going to be written in the same episode style as AoStH, I wouldn't be surprised if Orbot and Cubot became Boom's Scratch and Grounder.

Hell, Unleashed was the only main canon game to do this IIRC. The storybook games but did it. That's about it in terms of collectables leading to out-of-level extras.

I'm pretty sure Generations had out-of-level extras through trophies, songs, and concept art. 

I'm pretty sure Generations had out-of-level extras through trophies, songs, and concept art. 

Music...you collected it outside the mission you completed in order to get it. You had to chase it...a little

Music...you collected it outside the mission you completed in order to get it. You had to chase it...a little

Yeah, but I do have to admit that it was nice getting a hub for that game (even though it is only in 2d) I just wish there was more to it.

Alternate dimension characters eh? Maybe their talking about normal Sonic, Knuckles, Egghead etc. Maybe there is a chance we will see the normal characters!

If you don't know what I mean, look below.

Sonic-Tails-Knuckles-Amy-3D.png

This is what I was thinking, as well. It seems like the most likely option. If this is really the case, then I'm going to be really hyped for this episode. Seeing the two versions of the characters talk and interact sounds really fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really, really think you guys are expecting too much much from that. Either they'll all look the same, or they'l be variations on the Boom designs. We're not going to be getting any universe crossovers.

• Thumbs Up 4