Awoo.

Archie Comics and Ken Penders' Characters

zakfett92

Well there were only two people discussing rising tensions, and I was talking about not being angry, so it sounded like you were referring to me.

But no biggie...

Nope no biggie at all. So who do you miss then to get this back on topic? What's your take on Penders?

Personally I will miss a few of the better and more interesting characters. Even tho he handled a lot of them badly and they had so much wasted potential. Enerjak (enough said), Feist (who doesn't love an all powerful fat panda god), Warlord Kodos (I could really see him being in SatAM belonging in the world) being top of my list, with Archimedes sneaking in as we never saw too much of the Ants after they were used as a plot device in the early days then kinda disappeared and they could have made something interesting of that. But even then its a fleeting, passing type of missing, it doesn't bother me that we won't see them again.

To be honest the rest will not be missed by me, not in the slightest. Far far too many echidnas, too much drama and romances, was turning into a soap. Which is why I will stay clear of his new fan fic works, his writing never appealed to me and his scripts so far pretty much show it hasn't changed in my eyes. Neither has his Richard Knaak type penchant for trying to make his own characters more godly than the main characters of the franchise he wrote for. Even then I would rather read Knaak's Warcraft work than Pender's Sonic and now not-Sonic stuff >.<

Really the comic needed a soft reboot or a full on one to get rid of all that baggage. There wasn't many other ways they could do it when they can't even mention said stuff as Ian has said. I think they did well for what they had to work with, which was pretty much nothing >.<

Nope no biggie at all. So who do you miss then to get this back on topic? What's your take on Penders?

Enerjak and Lien-da, and as far as Penders is concerned he deserves a punch to the face over taking ownership over the most loosely designed concepts and characters or even blatant copies of the game case.

Everyone else I'm indifferent, they can come back or they can remain lost.

I think the people we really need to name here are the legal team involved in suing Penders and putting a bit of a s*** case. Literally Penders has made fan characters and they couldn't even do anything about it. Let's be thankful that someone said hit the rest button (Finally!)

I think the people we really need to name here are the legal team involved in suing Penders and putting a bit of a s*** case. Literally Penders has made fan characters and they couldn't even do anything about it.

I know right!? How could they not bring up things a lot of us have mentioned before. Other Echidna's in Sega licensed products, the classic game manuals etc. And Pender's own constantly changing rules for ownership that include character changes and variations like Evil Sonic and Robo Robotnik and then in the next instance don't include them with the likes of Scourge etc.

So full of holes and seems straight forward to counter. But what do we know I guess. We aren't lawyers :/