Awoo.

I'm interviewing Stephen Frost, and you get to submit questions!

Hero of Legend

You ought to give it a proper listen though.

Will do; just wanted a bit of guide to help me avoid re-treading since I have knack for asking loads of questions!biggrin.png biggrin.png

Jova you may wanna cool your jets on the rapid fire questions, Stephen's only human y'know and Hero can only pick so many questions on top of his own. 

Heh, you should've seen me on Barry the Nomad's status updates when he asked for interview questions. I can't help that I tend to reflect Sonic in physical and mental ways after all.

Will do; just wanted a bit of guide to help me avoid re-treading since I have knack for asking loads of questions!biggrin.png biggrin.png

That list won't help you much though, cause it's missing lots of stuff that explicitly was or wasn't mentioned. You kinda need to think about whether your questions are suitable, and probably just stick them all in one post.

You kinda need to think about whether your questions are suitable, and probably just stick them all in one post.

Well I'm always processing multiple questions and deciding which are suitable. I've mentally vetoed quite a few.

He spoke about this in SEGABits podcast already. Nothing to state on the soundtrack yet. There's no word on if anyone from SEGA or Sonic Team will contribute to the music.

Also guys, you want to bear in mind which sort of questions he'll be able to answer. Nothing about the 3DS version will be revealed until a time at which SEGA will have decided is right (which he likely won't share with us, but we should know by E3), nor is he going to say "yeah we'll change the character designs cause some fans dont like them lol our bad". Most of what he can tell us about the games at this date will already have been shared.

Then honestly there is no point in asking question then because even in the segabits interview all we got for the most part is a we will see response and a we are now going to prepare demo levels for e3

Here's a question:

Rings are an essential part in any Sonic game, as they're not only collectible objects, but also double as a health system. How are rings  being used in the Sonic Boom video game? If they are not the health system, what is? Also, are they being featured in the television show in some capacity?

Also:

Another important aspect of the Sonic series are the Chaos Emeralds. Can you explain the decision to leave them out of the game and television show? Are there any ideas that you had considered, or is there a possibility that they may feature in a future game or series run, provided the Sonic Boom series proves successful.

• Thumbs Up 1

What can we expect, tonally, from the games? Will it be like the show's, or a departure of some sort?

WILL YOU MARRY ME STEPHEN FROST

That it forget about all our questions. Just ask this one it's all we need to know

• Thumbs Up 3

There was some talk earlier about the two versions being considerably different from one another, can you elaborate on that as of this time?

I know it's never been done, but I've always wanted a basic level designer in a sonic game, whether it's 2d or 3d, can we expect to see one?

It's clearly not supposed to be a secret that Orbot and Cubot are in the Boom cartoon at least. Are they also in the game? Were they part of the Boom project as originally conceived, or was the decision to include them made later? Were they Sonic Team's idea, or yours?

Can you divulge any more design ideas you tried out that Sonic Team weren't cool with, like Sonic (and apparently Knuckles?) wearing pants? Were there any particular reasons (maybe technical ones) behind the changes to Eggman's design, particularly his build?

(it also might be worth asking the human/anthro NPC question again because in the SEGABits podcast it was bundled with a question about returning characters that might've overcomplicated things. Probably won't amount to anything, but y'know)

Already Sonic Boom looks to have a very unique identity among the Sonic franchise titles by its aesthetics and gameplay.  Can we expect to see some "usual" Sonic gameplay intermingled with the new ideas, like, for example, the occasional stage that's just a straightforward platforming romp as one character, or are you leaving that stuff to the existing Sonic game series so you can forge a totally new interpretation of Sonic for the Sonic Boom series?

You heard right! I'm gathering your questions about Sonic Boom to submit to SEGA. Not all questions can be answered, for obvious reasons, but that shouldn’t stop you from asking!

When I get the answers back, I’ll post them here. So ask away! D

1) Who is the composer of the Sonic Boom video game?

2) Will we be hearing any music remixes from previous Sonic games in the Sonic Boom game? we got 20 years of Sonic music to give nods to! smile.png

3) Will their be an original soundtrack CD release like with previous Sonic titles in Japan? if not, will their be a HQ iTunes release or something similar?

4) Who is the music composer of the Boom TV series? and how influenced is he/she by the Sonic games? this is important because I want to know if we will hear any sort of motifs or nods to any Sonic games' music in the boom universe in general

5) Will their be a TV series soundtrack release? we never got one except for Sonic X for the previous Sonic TV series, be cool if we got one for Boom too.

6) Will Supersonic be in the Sonic Boom universe in any sort of way?! with the game I love to see him as an unlockable extra or DLC and with the TV series I'd like to see him worked in somehow without the chaos emeralds, maybe like a Rainbow Gem like how Sonic 2006 was supposed to do it but got cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

How would you say Sonic's signature speed has been incorporated into the gameplay? Should we expect something slower than Sonic Adventure, for instance?

• Thumbs Up 1

How big and varied are the levels, and how many hub worlds can we expect? 

Also, will the hub worlds allow areas for us to test our skills?

1) Will long lost characters without a current place in the franchise find a new home in the Boom TV series or game? (Mighty, Nack, Bean, Bark etc)

2) Are some NPC's a nod to current characters in the "modern" series? (people thought they saw a Marine look-a-like in the behind the scenes photos)

3) Will Metal/Mecha Sonic made an appearance in the TV show or game as a boss/rival? He is Eggman's "greatest creation" after all :P

4) What was behind the idea to make the TV series "reset" after every episode? Why describe the game as a "prequel" if the TV series has no continuing story. Seems a lot of fans were hoping for some form of continuity.

4) Is the "Enerbeam" mechanic reminiscent of the "elastic ring" mechanic in Knuckles Chaotix, or does each characters "Enerbeam" have different properties/abilities?

Might there be loose continuity between the tv episodes?

It has been stated that the show does have a loose continuity.