Awoo.

I'm interviewing Stephen Frost, and you get to submit questions!

Hero of Legend

It has been stated that the show does have a loose continuity.

Which interview did they say that in? Must have missed it. Seems strange since the original interview they described it as "the world resets after every episode", when they asked about continuity in the show. Which was dissapointing as that doesn't sound like something that will carry anything over from previous episodes.

I'm not going to ask you to go into specifics as that would end up spoiling some things a bit, but when you and the creators are bringing in other Sonic characters that aren't the main cast in the game/tv show, what's the thought process behind bringing them in? Do you guys write an idea for an episode and think "huh, this character would really fit in with the plot well", or is it a matter of wanting to bring a random character in eventually so you all get to do your own fun version down the road?

Might there be loose continuity between the tv episodes?

This reminds me, actually - using existing shows as a reference, what should we expect as far as continuity goes? Something like, say, Adventure Time or TMNT, where the plot follows a continuous but fairly loose progression while still keeping a focus on comedy? Or something more like The Power Puff Girls where every episode is a standalone thing?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I'll try to get all my questions out in this one.

- We saw Sonic homing attack, will this be able to damage enemies like in past titles? Or are enemy health only drained by combat moves?

- Sonic did what seemed to be a spindash, is this part of his moveset or only activated on ramps, boosters, etc like in say, Chronicles?

- Is Knuckles a joker? Or just dumb?

- Are the HUB worlds set up as seen in previous titles such as adventure, but more open? or more closely resemble those of BRB known work?

- The "mach speed" section we saw in the first trailer, where every one went "warp speed" is this part of gameplay? Or more of a automated loading screen esque section?

- Can we expect more out of Boom after it's initial launches? Such as a T.V. renewal and some more Boom games?

- How far would you like to carry this series? How long would you like it to run?

- A general head count, how many returning characters at the least should/can we expect?

- How long do you expect a playthrough of the game to be? Like, in hours.

(hmmm thinking...)

- Any dates besides E3 that we might expect some more info on Boom, if you can answer that?

- How closely can you say, this plays to a "normal" Sonic game? If you can go a little further into detail would you say more like Adventure titles, Heroes? 

- Any info on this new ancient enemy?

show:

- Any plan on more seasons to air after the initial one?

- Knuckles personality in brief?

- We know that continuity resets each episode, but is there still some connection between episodes? Or completely resets each episode. (Like Adventure time, even Regular Show has some, almost all cartoons have some kinds of connection)

- Metal Sonic?

- What is your definition of "smart" humor as it will be seen in the show?

I know most if not all of these might not make it, but wanted to get as many out as I can in one post. Hope to get at least a little gameplay info with all these questions being asked :D

(I haven't had the chance to watch the SEGAbits interview yet by the way)

• Thumbs Up 3

1. Are you think this game is profitable? If not, why are you developing Sonic Boom?

2. If this game will not make a money or even damage to Sega, Sonic Boom side franchise will be dead?

3. What is Sonic Boom selling point??

And these ladies and gentlemen are question you want to steer far away from because common sense

• Thumbs Up 1

1. What was the biggest challenge for you and the team during the production of the game?

2. Who is your favorite character?

3. Is Amy's crush on Sonic going to be toned down in this continuity?

4. Will Metal Sonic make an appearance at some point?

Is it possible we can get this game running at a stable 60 fps?

I believe this was asked in one of the first videos that surfaced of the interviews in the New York event. The answer was that he couldn't go into it but the frame rate would be awesome, or something of the sort...

Here's what I could come up with for now:

Why was action-adventure chosen as a genre/gameplay style instead of any other? What other options were considered and why were they discarded? Will we ever see varying degrees of gameplay in Boom titles, as it happened/happens on the Modern series?

How will the combat part of the game distinguish itself from that of other games, apart from the characters' unique habilities?

Well there be a... oh wow, most of the questions I was going to ask have already been posted...

Umm... Will Big be making an appearance?

Will E-123 Omega and Blaze the Cat make it over to the Boom universe?

Will any shippings be made canon?

This is probably obvious, but I'm curious-- has it been decided which controllers will be supported for the Wii U version?

Aside from the GamePad, we have the Wii U Pro Controller, your standard Wii Remote Plus with nunchunk, and Wii Classic Controller.

Any confirmation on which of these controllers will be compatible with the game, or is that unknown at this time? I'm mostly asking in terms of playing co-op with friends, so I have an idea of what works and what doesn't.

Quick question is that a joker frostman or the real deal? I must know.

- how many levels are there gonna be? If possible.

- how many other ideas were considered for Sonic and co designs?

Before Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy were chosen as the four main protagonists for the game and TV series, did you considered any other established characters to be part of the main group of four?

Which non-Sonic games have you taken inspiration from when designing the worlds in the game?

The quality of music in Sonic games is an area which has consistently received acclaim from fans over the last 20 years. What challenges have you found in making new music to fit the atmosphere of the game and TV series?

Do you think there is a chance that more Boom based games and tv episodes could be commissioned in the future if the current product is a success in terms of sales and critical reception?

What - if any - inspiration have you taken from the 2003 game, Sonic Heroes when implementing the co-op and character switching gameplay?

What has been the most and least challenging aspects when creating the game and TV series?

• Thumbs Up 1

"So you've talked about how BRB helped with the designs and world-building. What, if anything, did Sanzaru Games contribute? Also, were they brought into the fold alongside BRB or later?"

PS. If you think asking for 3DS info is reasonable, go for it.

EDIT: I got a like!

2nd question I meant to ask but forgot to at the time:

"The Wii U and 3DS versions of the game are said to have different stories. Are these just different takes on the same story (like Colors and Generations 3DS) or completely different? Are they both canon to the show and how are the two developers tackling the storyline and characters?"

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't believe you whoevers 'inteviewing sega'

Sorry I just don't.

Dude, he's SSMB Staff. They aren't authorized to lie about these sort of things.

Best to give him the benefit of the doubt.

So glad to see you all coming up with some good questions.

Ah! Hello there Mr. Frostlaugh.png ! Welcome to the Sonic Stadium!

Quick question is that a joker frostman or the real deal? I must know.

He certainly seems to be the real deal, as he was on the SEGA Forums, confirmed by Aaron Webber.

Here's my question.  The classic Sonic games had quite a large focus on momentum based gameplay and making use of the environment and slopes to earn and maintain speed throughout the levels.  Will we see any elements of this carry through to Sonic Boom's gameplay? 

He certainly seems to be the real deal, as he was on the SEGA Forums, confirmed by Aaron Webber.

Hmm. I guess. Well hello Stephen Frost! Good to see you trying to keep in touch with us fans!

Who will be composing the music?

Will the music be done in house, composed by Sonic Team, or will both BRB and Sonic Team collaborate together?

Should we expect music to be more influenced by the environments Sonic and friends encounter or to match the tone of the game/show?

If it's the latter, what kind of music should we expect (J-pop music from the Genesis games, rock/guitar/vocal tracks from the Adventure games, orchestra from the Unleashed games, or something different from those three)?

What kind of themed levels can we expect through the game?

Will we see more sonic-y traditional elements in stages like loops, dashpads and springs?

How much combat to exploration ratio can we come to expect as an estimate?