Awoo.

I'm interviewing Stephen Frost, and you get to submit questions!

Hero of Legend

I don't believe you whoevers 'inteviewing sega'

Sorry I just don't.

TSS Staff are not allowed to lie regarding forum/site matters.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't even know why this would be considered...

Colors did it, so why not this game? 

Hmm. I guess. Well hello Stephen Frost! Good to see you trying to keep in touch with us fans!

Thanks... I'll try to drop by when I can. Gonna do my best to engage with the community whenever possible.

Thanks... I'll try to drop by when I can. Gonna do my best to engage with the community whenever possible.

I like the sound of that! Pleased to meet ya! Boom's looking mighty grand right now!

I am seeing a LOT of questions that will be rejected.

Please give us some examples of some that would be rejected

I am seeing a LOT of questions that will be rejected.

Pretty much. Everything regarding the TV show likely won't be answered, as Stephen Frost is more involved with the game. Also the music, characters that haven't been revealed yet and other questions that generally get rejected because they're not ready to unveil those details yet.

Think of if your question could actually be answered before asking it. I'd also look at other interviews that have been done in the past to see if your question has already been answered before asking it.

What TimmiT said, but hey, Stephen is reading the forums so like they say in Reading Rainbow, "don't take my word for it!". They might be cool with some off the wall questions, but specifics like who is making the theme song or plot points and TV specific questions are likely not to be answered.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I didn't particularly want to say anything regarding this but now that its out there.

You have to also think on the side of Sega themselves and whats already out there. For instance, if you ask 'Do you think this game will be a success' what possible answer do you think you'll get other than "Why yes I do."

Theres also the 'Will you include *my favourite character* in the game" Odds are, you wont get a reply to that one, just because they're not ready to talk about that yet.

Look at question that have already been asked in various interviews. e.g. "Will Super Sonic be in it" That question at the New York thing was dodged, because they're not ready to talk about characters outside of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and maybe Eggman. 

Think about what information has already been released and how there might be some ambiguity to it. You might get more clarity on that than asking for new unannounced reveals.

• Thumbs Up 7

On the subject, I think that a good kind of question to ask would be about things that are on the cutting room floor. If it isn't in the game, then they may be more open to talking about it. On top of that, information of that nature is always useful for those who love to research. Think about all of the information that Sonic Retro has collected over the decades on Sonic 2 alone. 

I'm sure a number of us would love to know what the development of Sonic Boom is like, if just for trivia purposes.

Any questions regarding "will 'X' character appear?" seem like indirect requests to add "X" character. Those sorts of things we'll find out in a matter of months, anyway. 

How will the series staple of rings work in this game? Will they act as before, (i.e. having one ring protects you from death) or will they be relegated (best term I could use) to currency as in the Sly Cooper series from 2 and instead be replaced by a health bar? If its something we'll see at E3, thanks anyway :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes:

12354703154_795597f964_o.png

But how it works exactly has yet to be divulged. Lots of us are guessing it's something he can only use in specific areas, or at the very least functions differently to before. One thing you have to remember about Boom is that seems like it's more of an action-adventure with a Sonic spin, rather that Sonic with an action-adventure spin, if that makes sense. I doubt it'll be very comparable at all to any previous Sonic game except in the broadest of terms.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes:

12354703154_795597f964_o.png

But how it works exactly has yet to be divulged. Lots of us are guessing it's something he can only use in specific areas, or at the very least functions differently to before. One thing you have to remember about Boom is that seems like it's more of an action-adventure with a Sonic spin, rather that Sonic with an action-adventure spin, if that makes sense. I doubt it'll be very comparable at all to any previous Sonic game except in the broadest of terms.

I saw that in the trailer and was worried Sonic will just auto spin when he touches the ramp. I'm probably getting my hopes up for a traditional Spin Dash but a man can dream.

I have a question, it's not directly about the game, but still somewhat related;

With you (Steven) joining sites like the SEGA Forums, SSMB, and presumably other sites, would you say that there is some fan feedback going into the game, and if so, how much?

• Thumbs Up 1

At what point in development did you decide to include multiple playable characters? Or was that the plan from the beginning?

What are the biggest challenges that you have faced while developing the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, one last one from me;

Will the game only release when and if the show airs in that country, or will it release everywhere within the same time frame anyway?

I should let you guys know I'm done taking questions now. :) When it's done, I'll post it on the main site for you all to see. Thanks for the questions, a lot were really good ones. :)

• Thumbs Up 1