Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Oh wonderful. I think I've run into a game breaking glitch that stops 100% completion. 

I found this video to find the Riddler bomb victims:

But when I go to that first location, the button that is needed to be stepped on in order to activate the challenge is missing from the location entirely.

An update on the PC version has been posted:

The full list of areas being addressed long term are:

• Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
  • Fix for low resolution texture bug
  • Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
  • Add more options to the graphics settings menu
  • Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
  • Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
  • Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
  • NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
  • Enabling AMD Crossfire
  • NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include: 

• Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
  • Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
  • Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

Meanwhile I've finished the story and all of the side missions minus the majority of the Riddler challenges. It's a shame that it didn't look or run as well as it should have, but it was still a lot of fun anyway. Story spoils:

The identity of the Arkham Knight was too obvious and could have done with a little more foreshadowing, but I prefer Jason's return here over the comics' (as it was incredibly tragic anyway without involve bringing him back to life). I was a little disappointed that Scarecrow stayed behind the scenes for the most part. I was expecting all kinds of creepy goings-on in Gotham but there weren't even many Halloween decorations. =[ The guy didn't even bring his patented nightmare missions (at least not in the main story). He started to feel more like a catalyst for Joker's return as main villain. The Joker stuff was great though and he managed to shock me on more than one occasion by jumping out from a rooftop. Speaking of surprises, I really enjoyed having Deathstroke come back, even if it meant he was stuck in a bloody tank for the final battle.

I've found 108 Riddler trophies so far. Pretty slow going. A lot of the trophies have me stumped.

I searched the airships from top to bottom, but only found half of the trophies for that area. Found a game-breaking glitch on the airship (in New Game Plus) where I got stuck and had to restart. Also, there is a Riddler trophy inside one of those crates which can only be moved by tilting the ship. I don't know how I'm supposed to get the trophy out of the crate. You can also send this crate crashing through a window, so that it falls out of the ship into the ocean. Thus, I assume ruining any chance of getting all Riddler trophies?

I'd suggest using this video:

He has videos for Riddler trophies everywhere in the game.

So, um... I just encountered the best glitch ever regarding one of the side missions...

I was in the middle of fighting Slade (when you have to take down his tank with a few cobra tanks surrounding him) when I lost control of the batmobile. For a couple of seconds it just kept backing up until the entire map glitched and I found myself falling while the screen got a bit pixelated. I thought my PS4 had fucked up on me when the animation for Slade getting into the batmobile started to play over some water. As soon as the animation ended the batmobile fell into the water but then it spawned me right back on the map as if I had just defeated him and he was in my car. Needless to say, I didn't even have to go through the trouble of fighting him at all. XD

So I finished the game and to be honest i'm a bit mixed on it. On one hand the game started out pretty good and seemed like it was going to have some great promise but as things went on it seemed to become apparent that WB really dropped the ball on this game. Right off the bat (no pun intended maybe) the batmobile is definitely overused in this game, I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to make so many segments for this thing but my god they should've put more thought into it because the amount of fights and puzzles you need to do in this thing are insanely bloated and honestly could've been left out entirely (granted some of the later puzzles are actually pretty good) and its pretty much used for every single boss fight save for one or two (and they both aren't even really boss "fights" at all). Also, cobra tanks can go die in a fire, its like having to do a predator section without having all the variety and cool things you could do in a predator section and slow as heck no matter what you do.

The controls in this game also somehow feel worse than they did before somehow, specifically in combat where if I tried to count to you how many times I got screwed up or died because batman wouldn't attack the enemy I wanted no matter how many times I tried I wouldn't be able to tell you and I think this is because they bloated the enemy numbers so much in this game (and quite a few of them have people that you have to stun, jump attack, or use a gadget on in order to hit) and it shows quite well that this series doesn't handle having over 30 guys on screen at once without having a majority be fodder enemies that don't hurt or deflect you from the front. 

On the positive side I did enjoy the story for this game and I actually like how the arkham knight reveal panned out

though for some reason he just disappears from the story afterwards and nothing actually gets resolved, I mean he appears and helps batman out in the ending but its like he was never there afterwards since none of the characters seemed to care

though I do have to admit, I feel some plot points could've been better fleshed out and the ending did feel a bit rushed. The combat in this game for all my complaining about it could be the best in the series and if it weren't plagued with the problems it had I could probably say that with certainty. The batmobile itself is pretty fun to drive around in and fighting with it can be fun too but once again they over did the amount of missions that you have to use it in without making them all too meaningful so that quickly turns to frustration as the game goes on.

Overall i'd say this game is good and is somewhat worth 60 dollars that they're asking for it but I can't really recommend it too much over the previous ones. Also is it just me or is this game a whole lot more glitchy than the others were? I mean, come on, I literally fell through the city today, the AI bugs out...A LOT, and animations sometimes wonk out so batman will have flipped a guy through the air while he's just countering another guy, sort of like the other guy got grabbed by something invisible. I'm honestly starting to see why gamespot gave this game a 7 now too since it really doesn't deserve the near perfect reviews it got.

I wished you can explore the Arkham City and Arkham Origins areas, they are just their......taunting you.

also looks like they made Arkham City habital again I noticed, theirs a lot of lights their and even the wonder tower is restored.

Bought Arkham Knight on PC? Another developer is helping out by offering free codes of their game to those who bought Arkham Knight at it's worst.

http://www.pcgamer.com/supreme-league-of-patriots-developer-offers-free-game-to-batman-buyers/

Anyone who bought the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight, either retail or digital, before midnight PST on June 30 (which is actually tomorrow) is eligible for the offer. Claims can be made by sending proof of purchase to supremeleagueofpatriots@gmail.com.

"While we have every confidence that Rocksteady and Warner Bros. will keep patching Arkham Knight until it’s the amazing game we all anticipated, that doesn’t take away the disappointment that gamers felt," it continued. "We recognize that our little superhero caper can’t do that either, but we hope the comical adventures of The Purple Patriot will bring a smile to their faces while they’re waiting. After all, The Purple Patriot is possibly the only superhero in history to take himself more seriously than 'the bat'."

Taking advantage of one developer's misfortune (or incompetence) to draw attention to its own game is obviously an opportunistic move, not terribly unlike what Techland did in response to Destiny's Red Bull promo. And Supreme League of Patriots, as No Bull acknowledged, is hardly in the "league" of the Arkham games. (The good ones, anyway.) But free is free, as they say. And who doesn't like free stuff?

It's not entirely clear how long the offer is good for. VG247 says it ends on June 30, but No Bull's original post indicates that that's just the deadline for purchasing Arkham Knight. Either way, it's probably best not to dawdle. Find out more about Supreme League of Patriots and its highly objectionable (in a good way) hero The Purple Patriot in our February feature entitled, tellingly, The Jerk Factor.

Update: As No Bull founder Phil Ings clarified in the forum, the June 30 deadline is strictly for purchasing Batman: Arkham Knight. There's no time limit for claiming the free copy of Supreme League of Patriots, and people who got the game through the Nvidia promotion will also be covered. "We'll keep going until everyone who qualifies gets one," he wrote. "No one will get missed out."

Kotaku has posted an article about Arkham Knight on PC and troubled development according to sources. Here are the highlights:

Sources: Warner Bros. Knew That Arkham Knight PC Was A Mess For Months

You can’t buy Batman: Arkham Knight for the PC right now. Warner Bros. pulled it from digital and physical shelves last week, after players found that the PC version had critical performance issues. From what sources tell Kotaku, however, this shouldn’t have been a surprise for Warner Bros.

“I will say that it’s pretty rich for WB to act like they had no idea the game was in such a horrible state,” said one quality assurance tester who worked on the game for years. “It’s been like this for months and all the problems we see now were the exact same, unchanged, almost a year ago.”

Two sources, requesting anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their careers, spoke with Kotaku over the past week in hopes of explaining how the broken PC version of Arkham Knight made it out the door. They both said that Warner Bros. was aware of the many issues facing Arkham Knighton PC and that the publisher chose to ship the game regardless, not to maniacally screw over customers—but because they believed it was good enough...

... “Getting it to work on consoles was impossible for months,” said our tester source. “That’s part of why the game got delayed so many times, they were totally unprepared for how hard it was on next-gen consoles.”

Another source, who did not work on the QA team but was close to the game’s production, said this closely lined up with what they’d seen and heard throughout the game’s development. In various meetings, QA teams were told the new consoles were “not nearly as easy to work with as [Rocksteady] expected” and testers should focus time on finding console bugs. This particular team was made up of roughly 100 people, with about 10% focused on the PC version.

“We reported literally thousands of bugs that were specific to the PC version relating to the frame rate,” said our QA source. “All sorts of fucked up texture issues. The Batmobile in particular has always fucked things up on PC.”

“Testing a game this big is very different from linear or smaller games,” our source continued. “You usually get a mission, chapter or area of the map, or pick one yourself, and just go to town. You bug everything you see. We had some testers bugging more than 100 bugs per day. Devs would fix what they could but they were juggling that with actually finishing the game so they were insanely slow. Only when the game was done and no new features had to be built could they actually buckle down. Once that happens they also restrict what you can or can’t bug, to ensure that they can catch up.”

Our second source said Warner Bros. internal QA focused on bug-checking specifically at 720p resolutions. Most PC players with decent hardware expect to run games at 1080p or higher. If Warner Bros. was using 720p at as a benchmark, that helps explain the large performance gap. One unexpected problem? The game’s secretive story. Rocksteady was deeply afraid of plot revelations being leaked ahead of release, said the same source, so traditional PC testing firms that are used to stress test games on different hardware configurations—one of the PC’s biggest hurdles—were avoided. From what I’m told, this is not an uncommon practice for major video games with story-heavy elements.

It certainly sounds more plausible than the 8 week development rumour.

More details on the upcoming Batgirl dlc; A Matter of Family

Batgirl: A Matter of Family, will be available on July 14 for season pass holders.
Everyone else will have to wait an extra week until July 21, when it will be available for £6 (other territory prices TBC).

A Matter of Family takes place before the events of Arkham Asylum, and allows players to take on the role of Batgirl for the first time in the Arkham franchise. It takes place in an all new location, with multiple missions, side quests and secrets. There is also a new hacking mechanic for you to solve puzzles with. Additionally, there is Dual Play functionality with Robin to perform dynamic take down moves.

I'm hoping the dlc will be at least as long as the Cold Cold Hart dlc in Arkham Origins, because whilst the Harley Quinn dlc was nice, the story was disappointing and laughably short. 

Dual play is pretty fun, so glad to hear it's returning. Robin in the dlc will be the first one who eventually becomes Nightwing.

--------

I've now completed Arkham Knight. 100%d the game and activated the Knightfall Protocol on my first playthrough and on New-Game Plus mode as well. So technically that's 200%  :D

6itf06M.jpg

My total gameplay time is 78 hours and 37 minutes.

2eEpXs6.jpg

FgK7hEa.jpg

I'll be posting my thoughts another time because I've got a lot to talk about.

Oh and I still haven't played the "Nightmare Scarecrow" missions. So I'll give those a go.

I finished playing the other day with 95% completion. I'm working myself up to hunt down the Riddler trophies, but that's all that's left to my knowledge. This game is honestly my GOTY right now. I'm not sure if something else will drop this year to change my mind - but out of all three Arkham games made by Rocksteady, this one absolutely takes the cake.

There's not much to dislike in general. There's some minor gripes here and there but nothing that feels ultimately detrimental to the experience the game provided me. It felt constantly fresh, exciting, rewarding and a hell of a game to play. Overall thoughts on things:

• Batman's combat has never felt so solid and enjoyable before. Blows to thugs hit hard with fantastic sound design and the combat evolves with new enemy types which eventually make every battle you face something challenging. Medics can become frustrating since they can provide immunity to thugs and revive unconscious ones but it only adds to the way you need to think about you approach to these situations. Environmental takedowns are great and so is turning weapons against your enemies. Dual Play encounters are just flat out hype and I always want more of them.
  • Predator encounters haven't changed much but I think we have a lot more versatility this time around to counteract the extended arsenal the enemies gain. I love being able to seamlessly jump between vantages points, slide down into grates, takedown enemies silently bit by bit, turn drones against enemies, make weapons useless... and one my absolute favourite things about the entire experience is Fear Multi Takedowns. I thought they'd be broken but they are absolutely not - they're empowering, fun and rewarding for stealthy players.
  • The Batmobile is a little jarring at first and has a learning curve, but once you've nailed it you'll enjoy the versatility in transport and combat it provides. Racing around the city once you've mastered the art of driving in it almost rivals the feelings of soaring through the sky via grappling. Combat mode can be good or a mixed bag. I overall enjoyed what it provided and it's definitely fresh (when fully powered up, you feel like force to be reckoned with) but sometimes the encounters can drag and be a little frustrating. Also, while I enjoyed some sections where the Batmobile was incorporated into puzzle solving it did sometimes feel forced? You can tell it was incredibly ambitious undertaking and they mostly nail it aside from a few grievances.
  • The story is pretty good and engrossing, but the absolute strength of it comes from the voice actors. Their deliveries are outstanding and obviously Mark Hamill steals the show as usual with his Joker - and his haunting of Batman is probably one of the highlights of the game, especially in sections where it manifests into big encounters. It all builds up nicely to a fitting conclusion, but the Arkham Knight's plot and reveal is probably the weakest link. Other villains show up as well and they're great to see, but they obviously don't get nearly as much focus. 
  • The city is just amazing with so much to do. Gotham is beautifully realised with a fantastic atmosphere to it and the characters designs are (mostly) great. It's gigantic but thanks to improved travelling mechanics transport feels relatively simple and quick without the need of fast travel like Arkham Origins tried. You barely see a load screen if any keeping everything immersive, and the amount of side missions means that you'll have absolutely plenty to do. On top of it all you have AR Missions and New Story+ if you want a challenge.

A completely fitting ending to a quality trilogy of games. A fantastic game that's the best thing you can own on next generation hardware right now for me. Would absolutely recommend to anybody who loves open world games, superhero games, or Batman in general. 

• Thumbs Up 4

batgirl.jpg?itok=01oYcfNB

Entertainment Weekly has new information on the Batgirl DLC

Barbara Gordon has played a supporting role in Rocksteady Studios’ Arkham trilogy as Oracle, using her computer expertise to aid Batman in his battle against evil. But she’s getting her turn in the cape and cowl as Batgirl in a downloadable story expansion for Batman: Arkham Knight. Set before the events of 2009’s Arkham Asylum, “Batgirl: A Matter of Family” sees our heroine team up with Robin to save her father, Commissioner Gordon, who’s been kidnapped by the Joker.

Created by Arkham Origins’ developer WB Games Montreal, the DLC takes place in an entirely new area called the Seagate Amusement Park, a nautical theme park built on top of an oil rig that the Joker has rigged to be a massive death trap. “We wanted to recreate the feeling of being trapped in a bizarre and unique open environment playing a game of cat and mouse with the Joker,” says design producer Justin Vazquez.

Batgirl’s combat style is a combination of the Dark Knight’s brawn and her own computer-genius brain, as she uses her hacking abilities to take down enemies, control objects, and solve puzzles. “Hacking is really what separates her from the other characters. It’s a gameplay mechanic with which the player can create situations for Batgirl to really shine,” Vazquez says. “Our intention was that Batgirl should be less powerful than Batman, but that Batgirl plus hacking could give her opportunities do things that not even Batman can pull off.”

The expansion incorporates Arkham Knight’s Dual Play system that allows the player to switch characters at the press of a button, and culminates in an epic tag-team throwdown between Batgirl and Robin and the Joker and Harley Quinn. “Seeing these four iconic characters together at the same time will be a real thrill,” Vazquez says. And for the first time in the Arkham series, Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.

The DLC features side quests, collectibles left behind by the Joker, and Easter eggs for hardcore DC Comics fans. “[it’s] a love letter to the original game that started this incredible franchise,” Vazquez says. “Batgirl: A Matter of Family” launches July 14 for Arkham Knight DLC ­season-pass holders (PS4 and Xbox One, $40), or it can be purchased separately on July 21 for $6.99.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be honest, I was already excited for that Batgirl DLC but hearing now that it'll include the original Harley Quinn costume has just sealed the deal for me. :3

Well, I finally 100 percent-ed the story mode a couple days back (fuck Riddler) and overall... gotta say this game definitely met my expectations. I'll just leave my more detail thoughts below for anyone who cares:

back story alert

It's strange how I got into this series. Before Arkham City, my only real experience with anything Batman related was the Dark Knight (second Nolan movie). Beyond that, I didn't really care much for super heroes and definitely not games based on them. Then, around the end of 2011 all of that changed. With marvel starting to pull me in to their side with the MCU movies, DC started to catch my eye with all this praise one of their new games were getting at the time. Literally everywhere I turned during that time on the web was (besides being pony related XD) Arkham City. While the game looked fun enough, I honestly couldn't bring myself to care much for it at the time.

The holiday was a weird one for me. I wasn't really looking for anything at the time besides some new headphones since I had already brought every game I cared for at the time (Uncharted 3 and Generations) so my family were in kind of in a scramble to find something to give me oddly enough XD. If working at a game store during that time has taught me anything it's that you always have parents coming in a rush just looking for something their kids won't hate. And the simple answer is always to just point to the so called "GOTY". That year's candidate was of course Arkham CIty (and Skyrim which I got too but that isn't too important XD).

My friend, being as addicted to the game then as I am now, quickly came over after the holiday and tried to get me into it. Again, I saw what people liked about it but I still just couldn't get into it. I ended up finishing the main story after a day or two and thought nothing of it. It sat on my game shelf for about 5 months while I played the hell out of Skyrim. It wasn't until the summer till I gave it another go. What caused that sudden mindset? Well, I had recently watched a video about how awesome of a character Harley Quinn was that got me slightly interested in the series. I didn't really want to take a dive into the comics but I discovered that there was dlc that had just came out which included her. Add in the fact that I had just realized she was being voiced by Tara Strong (who I had grown to become a huge fan of since I discovered that she has basically been in every cartoon show I loved at that point) and I decided to load up the game one more time to get it. To this day, I don't know exactly what made the game click for me during that side mission but I suddenly found myself wanting more. I replayed the story again and it was like experiencing it for the first time. That summer I probably replayed the story at least 5 times. Suddenly I was looking for a copy of Asylum and watching the animated movies and series. I started to become interested in the characters and general history behind the series (yes, all this from just dlc). I was simply hooked.

Fast forward to the present and I was absolutely stocked for this game. Hell, it might have just barely beaten out Sm4sh for me in terms of hype (though the delays probably have a huge factor in that).

For me, the wait was definitely worth it. I can't remember the last time a game has had me so hooked. For the past week I've literally put every other one of my hobbies on halt to play this game to it's finish while avoiding all the spoilers. I mean the story, gameplay, over-world, characters, dem hidden surprises! Man, I honestly don't know how to put it all in words. I had one hell of a time playing through it. I'll just place a few notes below to share some of my highlights though I will be putting some in spoiler tabs for those who care.

Pros:

- I honestly thought the Joker wasn't going to be in this... Hell, that opening scene had me all out convinced (they make YOU fucking burn that guy). I swear guys I honestly jumped during the Ace Chemicals moment when you turn around and see him. XD I was a bit iffy on his inclusion at first (not to mention him freaking me the fuck out the first couple of times he pops up to the point of me having to hesitate every time I did something) but as time went on I started to actually look for him when shit was happening. He had the best lines in the game, hands down.

- The graphics in this game were simply spectacular. I think I'm going to have a hard time going back to the other games now due to the models and everything not looking nearly as good. I mean really, the world looks fantastic. I'm starting to clamor for remastered versions of the other games with these graphics.

- I know it's a HEAVILY debated topic but I downright love the Batmobile gameplay. To the point where I found myself going out of my way to drive it. I think it's fun, fast, and a ridiculously good looking way to get around the city. Also, though it could just be because I upgraded the car first, I even loved the combat in it as well. I used it so much that it literally became like another character to me...

which is why I literally said no out loud when Arkham Knight ended up crushing the first one... I don't think I even did that for any of the "actual" deaths... wow, I'm a bad person. In my defense that animation of the drill just dragging away the crushed car was completely heart wrenching.

I guess this would be a bad time to go on record and say that this is my favorite Batmobile... I can hear the mob now...

- Really loved the Riddler and Catwoman side quest here. Kind of wish they kept to that instead of having the trophies and everything too but hey, more on that later.

- Dual play is a blast. Really wish it was in the game more. Hell, I don't even thing it's available as an option for outside story play. :/

- All the small details given to the city are fantastic. I've probably have spent hours already on just exploring it. I mean really, you can see arkham city, the asylum, and the area of Gotham from Origins! Just such nice detail.

- Dat final Joker sequence. Like... probably one of my favorite gameplay segments in the entire series. It's extremely well done.

- I had my doubts about Scarecrow being the main villain but this game certainly proved me wrong. Here I thought his Asylum appearance was creepy. This game makes him looked like a fucking cartoon in Asylum.

- Nightwing is bucking awesome, just needed to put this in here.

- Love how much respect they gave Ivy here.

- The amount of sass you hear from the rioters in this game is outstanding. There were a couple of times I literally stopped what I was doing just to hunt down the dick that said something smart over the radio. XD

- I highly recommend you read and listen to those character bios and stories. They are extremely well done and just go to show how good the writing and VA work is for these games. Made hunting down the riddler shit much more bearable.

- Professor Pyg and Blackfire... I knew the Arkham games liked introducing obscure villains but damn, when I saw those two I was half expecting Quilt Man to be somewhere in here.

- Yeah... this is probably one of my favorite Batsuits to date...

- Those fear toxin segments really did fuck with me.

- Last and certainly not least... singing musical number Joker... That's it. It's all over, this game has won. Won what? Everything

And these are just the things that have come to mind!

Yep, I definitely enjoyed myself. Though, I will say it did have a couple of flaws.

Cons:

- The game is buggy, there's no way around saying that. I had the game crash on me three times so far. Not to mention that whole fall through the map thing I talked about For the most part I didn't encounter anything really annoying but this definitely rivals Origins in terms of stability at launch. And I'm not even going to mention the PC version... You can tell that some of those rumors of Rocksteady having a bit of a harder time than most with this generation could be true.

- Gotta say, rather disappointed at the lack of certain villains here.

I just felt as though that there were a lot of things left open for a game that's, supposedly, the last one in the series. I mean, what the hell happened to Clayface? He fell into a Lazarus pit! Are we just going to ignore that? Why wasn't Croc here? You'd think there would be a good story element of Scarecrow trying to get revenge for what happened in Asylum. Hell, even some of the villains that made it in have some criminally short time periods on screen (looks straight at Two Face, Penguin, and especially Harley).

I mean, the stories you can find do I good job explaining why characters like Bane or Zazz didn't show up but I still feel like there were a bunch of main ones missing here. Not to mention a lot of the ones who were actually here showing up more than halfway through and barely doing anything before you throw their ass into a cell.

The story now is great but at the end of the day, it just feels like a bunch of missed opportunities. I'm all for quality over quantity but I do feel like they could of squeezed some more of these guys in there. Hell, I feel like City ended up having more faces in the long run.

- Cobra Tanks: Yeah, as much as I loved the batmobile these sections became more of a hassle than anything. One or two? Ok, that's a pretty fair challenge so that you're not just ramming and shooting everything you see mindlessly. 4+? Ok, this isn't fun anymore. 4+ with a boss tank with them? Who the hell thought that would ever be fun!?! I'm dreading new game plus purely for these sections.

- Having Riddler's side quest be required to finish the main story. Yeah, no. That was an absolute dick move. Yes, getting some of the trophies are fun side challenges but they should really only be just that; side challenges. They shouldn't be part of the wall keeping you from the main story.

- I'm pretty meh on the whole Red Hood being the Arkham Knight thing. I know others were expecting a bigger reveal but I honestly don't know who else it could've been. I was expecting it to be him pretty much since the announcement to be honest. Sort of sealed the deal when they announced the Red Hood story pack. I mean really, why else would they have made that?

- I've said it before and I'll say it again, jump scares are cheap. I don't care who you are, it's just a lame way of getting a reaction. Damn game had me turning on the lights at points... shut up, I'm not a chicken DX

- Have to say I miss selecting gadgets with the D-Pad. This method really just slows things down. I mean, I understand why they did it (since it makes it a hell of a lot easier to keep your side missions in focus) but I did find it an overall weird change to something that was so solid before.

- This point is a relatively minor one but I have to say I miss the Remote Grapple that was introduced in Origins. I knew there was only a slim chance of it making it in there (especially since it wasn't in the previous games which take place later in the timeline) but since Origins is the latest entry in the series... gotta say I was just disappointed is all. The things you could do with it were just so much fun.

So yeah, I think that's just about all I can say right now really. If Halo 5 doesn't do anything better this might just be my GOTY. I know it's still a bit early to decide but I honestly don't see another game coming out later that has a chance at the moment. I immensely enjoyed this and really feel it's a great way to end such an outstanding series such as this one. As it stands now, this is equal to City (which is above Origins... which is slightly above Asylum... no, I don't count Blackgate...) though it may even surpass it with other playthroughs. While I do believe it refines a lot of features that City introduced, City still had a more stream lined feeling that this game lacked that, I believe, keeps it on par with this. While it's sad to see such a great series seemingly end, I can't wait to see where Rocksteady go from here (once they get the PC version up and running :/) and Batman as a gaming series in general.

Wow... this went WAY longer than I expected, sorry. Simply put, I love it.

P.S. Could someone do me a solid? Listen to this track for me (Inner Demon) and at the 47 second mark tell me I'm not crazy when I say the piano sound breaks into the same note melody Mercy has here (the song that plays in a lot of the commercials). People with a more music tuned ear may say otherwise but I swear I'm not crazy here!

• Thumbs Up 1

- Nightwing is bucking awesome, just needed to put this in here.

You have chosen the right path Stricker. 

oh shut up, you all know he's the best member of the bat family

• Thumbs Up 2

Batgirl DLC Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStfyOSn1bE

I really didn't know how they were going to pull off the original Harley costume with the way the game engine looks but I'm sure as hell impressed. Here's hoping it's available for use in her story missions.

...I love how I just only talked about Harley from a Batgirl trailer...

• Thumbs Up 3

Time to post my thoughts.

I've 100%d the game on Normal & New Game Plus and on Easy mode. 

First off, I would just like to say how amazing this game looks. They weren't kidding when they said Arkham Knight would be five-times the size of Arkham City. Gotham is so beautiful and the attention to detail makes this by far the best looking Batman game and one of the best looking PS4 games. I've had a blast exploring every inch of the three main islands whilst searching for those Riddler trophies. All the animations in the game, be it the characters and the Batmobile look damn-near perfect. The frame-rate (at least on PS4 version) looks rock-solid and it's great not to have any loading screens.

The combat is very good. Feels more fluid than in Origins. The new combat moves, especially the more variety of takedowns and the ability to takedown enemies more easily (from above, below or from corner positions) makes the game flow nicely. I also like the extra challenge of taking into account enemy drone-guns when tackling enemies where a more methodical approach is required. Some of the enemies new moves are pretty cool. I love the enemies that can charge at Batman and tackle him to the ground. Likewise the medical enemies who can revive already knocked-out thugs is a good idea. The (normal sized) enemies who have shock-sticks are annoying because it's hard to see which enemies have the shock-sticks when in combat. It's definitely the most challenging combat and the open-areas makes it easier o improvise.

The dual-play is a nice addition. Nothing amazing, but it's fun. Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing all have the same dark-blue color detective mode as Batman, which looks so much nicer than their respective detective modes from the challenge maps in Arkham City.

I really like how well integrated the side-missions are. This game actually encourages you to do the side missions. Alfred often updates you on the side-missions available and (unlike in the previous games) this time round you automatically encounter at least 12 of the 14 side-missions as you play through the main story (by playing the first mission which starts off the respective side-missions). The new and - in my opinion - well designed upgrade system also encourages you to do the side-missions which makes it easier to unlock upgrades (due to the upgrade points earned). Also, the Knightfall Protocool encourages you to 100% the game. It's far more rewarding to 100% Arkham Knight than it was in Arkham Origins or City.

The fact that Joker often appears in the side-missions helps them feel more relevant to the main story.

The upgrade system is well implemented and I like the freedom you have in being able to chose which upgrades to go for. Personally, I prefer upgrading all of the Batmobile's weapons straightaway, because it makes the Batmobile drone-tank fights a lot easier if you do.

The side-missions are far better flushed-out and most are a lot of fun. Special mention to the Two-Faced Bandit, Armored and Dangerous, Penguin, Heir to the Cowl, Firefly, Man-Bat, Riddler, Fire fighters, Own the roads  and the Thomas Elliott "Take your best shot!" side-missions.  :D

The only side-mission I don't particularly like; is the Campaign for Disarmament one's where you have to defuse the bombs and fend off waves off drone-tanks. It's rather doll and an unnecessary pace-breaker. To take out 48 of the drones in New-Game Plus is a fucking nightmare.

It took me a while to get used to the Batmobile controls and the need to use the Batmobile throughout so much of game, especially in the main story. Apart from the drone-tank fighting gameplay it's great fun blasting through the streets of Gotham, interacting with the environment and unlocking some Riddler trophies. It's impressive how creative Rocksteady managed to be with it. Thankfully the Batmobile feels like a natural extension of Batman rather then just generic vehicle gameplay.

Speaking of Riddler; They just about managed to top the fun arenas created in Arkham City. The inclusion of Catwoman made for a nice story and credit to the diversity of the various Riddler challanges, especially the Riddler race courses. It's neat as Riddler gets more an more aggravated as you progress. I think the decision to have only 243 trophies (nearly 200 less than in Arkham City) was a good move. I also like how creative some of the Riddler challenges are. It's much easier to get all the trophies without having to start new-game plus mode. Some of the Riddler trophies don't unlock until right near the end of the game (when they could have been made available much earlier) which is a tad annoying, but it's not a big deal. I adore Wally Wingert who has voiced the Riddler in all four Arkham games.The way he keeps teasing Batman never gets old.

Lets face it, the Arkham games have always been the "Riddler &.....

Joker" show.

Yeah, there have been some great villains throughout the games, but those two are without a doubt the most endearing. Followed closely by the Penguin who is voiced superbly by Nolan North. I like the new voice actor for Scarecrow, although I prefer the guy who did him in Asylum. It was good to see some new villians; such as "Pig" and returning villains from Origins such as Firefly, and Deathstroke was a nice surprise.

Joker's appearances are awesome.

I couldn't stop smiling when he appeared in Ace-Chemicals and said "Miss me?" He has so much dialogue throughout. Not bad for a dead character!  :D

I think Mark Hamill officially retired from the role of Joker in around 2012, so I'm glad WB managed to sign him up for Arkham Knight.

There's an insane amount of dialogue throughout. I like how the dialogue from the thugs and some of the villains changes after the main story has finished to reflected the aftermath:

I.e. once they find outBruce Wayne is Batman.

I also like how Deathstroke effectively takes over the military-drones after Arkham Knight has been defeated and that Riddler takes over teasing Batman - with is hilarious dialogue - once Scarecrow has been defeated. It helps keep Gotham interesting when you are finishing up the remaining side-missions. Hearing dialogue from the captured villains in the Batmobile as you escort them to GCPD was a nice touch.

What a great design GCPD is! Seeing the cells get more and more crowded as you capture more villians. The room with the villains weapons from the previous Arkham games is a nice touch. Also, good to see Aaron Cash return. He doesn't do much, but has plenty of good dialogue.

As for the main story:

Not sure if I like the main plot as much as Arkham Asylum or Origins, but it definitely has it's high points:

- Upgrading the Batmobile courtsey of Lucius Fox.
- Scarecrow makes for a good main villain. Although lets face it, Joker is still the star of the show  ;)

- Poison Ivy sacrificing herself to save Gotham  :(

- Joker's first appearance and sub-sequence 100+ other appearances are so good. Mark Hamill was on fire. He had so much great dialogue to work with.

- When Man-Bat first appears it always makes me jump, as did Joker when he deliberately tries to mimic Man-Bat's first appearance. :D  

- The whole scene in the Panessa studios for me was arguably the highlight of the game. It was great to see Harley Quinn again (Tara Strong <3). The whole, five Joker infected people thing (including Batman) made for an entertaining plot development from Arkham City. Teaming up with Robin (Tim Drake) was nice and you get to do some really neat dual-play, especially when taking on the big muscular Joker-infected guy. Oh and when Joker sings? Lol <3. The Jason Todd flashbacks are brilliantly done. I applaud the darker tone this game takes and pulls off extremely well.

- The reveal of Jason Todd being Arkham Knight may have seemed obvious, but I think it's well done and quite an emotional scene. 

- I also like the design of Commissioner Gordon (it's a shame they've had to change the voice actor for him so many times) and Oracle who both put on a strong performance. 

- I like all the Joker induced dream sequences and the sequence at the end when Batman traps Joker and finally manages to get rid of him feels like a satisfying end with the Knightfall Priotocool rounding off the game nicely.

The boss-fights are bit disappointing. The Riddler fight (once you have beaten all of his challenges and gotten all trophies) is probably the most interesting boss-fight in the game. Definitely not as good as the bosses in Arkham Origins or City. A lot of the bosses (which have large health meters) are boring tank-battles.

As for dlc; I've played the Harley Quinn dlc. It's okay, if disappointingly short. You to get to fight Nightwing at the end, which is pretty fun. I haven't played the Redhood dlc yet, although I hear it's a similar length. I'll be able to play the Redhood dlc for free courtesy of the season-pass when the time-exclusively with Gamestop ends in August or September.

The PS4 Scarecrow timed-exclusive dlc is kind of lame. Racing and then fighting more drones.

Looking forward to the Batgirl dlc which looks it's going to be much better length (hopefully more like the Cold Cold Hart dlc in Origins). Will be nice to play as a young Barbara Gordon and do dual-play with a youthful Dick Grayson.

Interesting that WB Montreal are working on this dlc and not Rocksteady. Although, there's no reason why the dlc shouldn't be as polished as the main game as they'll be using Arkham Knigh'ts game engine. 

I saw an article a few days ago - which I can't seem to find again for the life of me - which stated that the Season Pass would have three large dlc stories (the Batgirl - Matter of Family dlc being on them) not including the smaller Harley Quinn and Redhood dlc. The other two pieces of dlc will apparently include a story where you play as Batman and the other one being focused on Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin etc, taking place after the events of Arkham Knight bringing closure to their stories, which was lacking a bit at the end of of Arkham Knight. Hopefully this turns out to be true.

Overall, Batman Arkham Knight is an extremely polished game with tons of content and nods to the vast dc universe. The tank gameplay can be frustrating and the over-use of the Batmobile does take some getting used to. It's mostly very fun throughout and a fitting end to the Arkham series. It's a game I highly recommend. Game of the year material? It's not perfect, but it's close. Definitely my favorite game of 2015 so far.

If you leave the side missions until after story mode, you do get a bit more closure. Nightwing, and Catwoman both get goodbyes from Batman. The Nightwing one especially being great. You guys know Nightwing is my favourite character in the series, and here it has Batman telling Nightwing that he's proud of him and everything he's done up to this point. It's a really great scene

If you leave the side missions until after story mode, you do get a bit more closure. Nightwing, and Catwoman both get goodbyes from Batman. The Nightwing one especially being great. You guys know Nightwing is my favourite character in the series, and here it has Batman telling Nightwing that he's proud of him and everything he's done up to this point. It's a really great scene

Yep. Batman and Catwoman share a small tender kiss at the end of Riddler's story.

It felt like Robin (Tim Drake) and Oracle deserved another cutscene at the end of the game and it would have been nice to see Jason Todd again, because he literally shows up, helps free Batman so that he can take down Scarecrow and then disappears again.

Actually, I like to think that the Batman-like figure (covered in flames) in the final cutscene who jumps towards the thug (in the alley) is Jason Todd.

Oh yeah and Nightwing is awesome :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah and Nightwing is awesome :D

Yes, Yes he is.

Yeeeah, about Nightwing:

let's just hope he doesn't get the same shit he got in the main DC continuity with Infinite Crisis, the Renegade phase and everything. Otherwise, it would be ironically hilarious.

Yes, Yes he is.

Something I've just noticed:

As I'm sure you know, at the most wanted screen if you click on each of the side-missions which are 100% completed, Alfred gives a short speech on the highlighted side-mission whilst Batman remains silent. With one exception:

If you click on the Gunrunner side mission, Alfred says; "Penguin's weapons cashes have been found and destroyed. Excellent work sir."

and then Batman speaks and says; "Nightwing proved himself tonight, Alfred. This victory belongs to him too."

A really nice response from Batman.