Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Bnhzak2CMAAmX8Z.jpg

Aww, I was looking forward to playing that this year. Oh well, at least it'll spare my wallet a bit. Now I can get Boom and Smash Bros Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 4

Batman Arkham Knight's release has been delayed to 2015

Well, that's a bit of a bummer.

Rocksteady have also released a new trailer showcasing the Batmobile's arsenal:

SERIOUSLY LIKE EVERY SINGLE NEXT-GEN GAME IS DELAYED TO 2015 WHY WHAT`S WITH THIS TREND IS IT SOME SORT OF CONSPIRACY OR SOMETHING UGH

Whatever it takes for the game to be as good as it can, I suppose. 

The current gen will take years to ever gain ground, what with the constant cross-gen and delays. Ugh, this gen sucks, why'd I buy a PS4 so early, damn hype drew me in. 

2014 looks like it'll be a pretty mediocre year for gaming. There's nearly nothing coming out on any of the new consoles. No notable PS4 exclusives after Driveclub, and I don't think that Microsoft will do much to sway me (rumoured port of an Xbox game, one truly new game, and a cross gen port so far). The funny thing is, the Wii U has already gotten two exclusives this year, with three more coming later in this year.

The irony hurts so much that I think I might need to see a doctor.

I'm particularly disappointed that this has been delayed, I was really looking forward to playing it, but I can understand why they need to delay it, and that's okay. I'd rather be disappointed in getting it later than be disappointed in a sub par product that I paid money for. Making the game the best it can be will be well worth the wait in the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do find it kind of ironic how most people say that wii u has no games yet almost absolutely nothing has actually come out on the new consoles yet. On the bright side at least you can expect them to be incredibly polished and fully functional on release with twice as much DLC.

• Thumbs Up 3

The industry doing shitty is a good thing as long as it makes the Wii U look not that bad!

Of all the games, I can excuse this one being delayed. It's intentionally designed to be bloatware as stated from the beginning, so they're probably working on optimization or some shit.

Or maybe they can't decide if the Batmobile has enough polygons yet.

I am actually extremely happy it got delayed. I know you're all thinking 'what the fuck is wrong with you?' but seeing as I will not be getting a PS4 until November 9th at the earliest or December 25th at the latest I am very happy. I was really worried that I would hear so many things about the game that it would be spoiled too much for me to go 'wow' at anything.

I'm happy it's delayed, but also sad at the same time. I mean, they are making the game the best it can be. I'd rather wait longer for a really polished product rather than something with a load of performance issues. It's a sacrifice, sure, but it's really not a big one if you think about it. Besides, it could just be early 2015 it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am honestly not all that bothered by the delay for Arkham Knight as it will hopefully result in a high quality game upon release date.  Plus it gives me some time in finding all those Riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City so there's a silver lining in that delay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like a lot of the guys have already said, the delay is a good thing. Arkham Knight is clearly a very ambitious project. The integration of the Bat-mobile gameplay and the fact that it's the first current-gen Batman game (new hardware etc), it's naturally going to cause teething problems. So it's vital that Rocksteady take their time. The last thing they would want is to release the game too early and end up with the game-breaking bugs we encountered with Origins. Whilst I'm eager to play Arkham Knight I honestly wouldn't mind if it was to be delayed until October next year. That way it would have been two years between the release of each Arkham game, which feels like a good balance. 

New gameplay trailer. Looks fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcKyxX15e4&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQCcKyxX15e4&has_verified=1

I love the 'Scarecrow screen effect' after about 4 minutes into the video. That's a reference from Arkham Asylum when Batman is drugged by Scarecrow's toxins for the third time.

PS4 is getting exclusive Scarecrow Nightmare Missions.

• Thumbs Up 2

batman4-610x343.jpg

276311-scarecrow.jpg

Scarecrow got massively fucked up by Croc, that's for sure. I'm loving his new design, he has this massive decaying look that makes him look like a creepy motherfucker. I'm bummed out that his Arkham Asylum voice actor has been recast, but I'm sure it's a change I'll grow used to.

But yeah, this is looking like one hell of a game. The Batmobile is looking like it can break Gotham's open world in the most fun of ways, and it's shaping up to be a fantastic closing chapter in Rocksteady's Arkham games. I don't know if I'll have gone Next Gen by the time it releases, but there's no doubt I'll have a jolly good time with it when I eventually pick it up.

One of the lead animators of Arkham Knight might have accidentally confirmed an unannounced villain for the game.

One of the lead animators of Arkham Knight might have accidently confirmed that Nightwing is a villain in the new Batman game. Nightwing may even be the Arkham Knight!!!

The animator said the following words in an E3 interview at about 4:07 in the video below:

"We've got Scarecrow, Nightwing liaising together trying to takedown the Bats."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jIfKVAbJ84Q

Note that the guy hesitates just after he says liaising...

When he said Nightwing he might have meant Arkham Knight. An easy mistake to make, RIGHT???

Edit: I've put it in a spoiler tag as Lamor suggested.

• Thumbs Up 1

May I state the obvious when I say that this game just looks jaw droppingly amazing? 2015 is going to be a great year for gaming, and this will no doubt help push that.

So, predicted PC Specs are already surfacing, but the general consensu seems to be a minimum of a dual-core processor, 2GB RAM, and a GPU with at least 1GB of RAM

I'm... not seeing how that could possibly be close to accurate, but boy I really hope it is, that means my PC can actually run it.

So, predicted PC Specs are already surfacing, but the general consensu seems to be a minimum of a dual-core processor, 2GB RAM, and a GPU with at least 1GB of RAM

I'm... not seeing how that could possibly be close to accurate, but boy I really hope it is, that means my PC can actually run it.

That is definitely not true. If other open world games that aren't 8th gen require higher than that then it's definitely not the case.

I'm guessing it'll be 4GB RAM at least.

It says 4GB of RAM is recommended.

You have to remember that PC can lower it's settings. They managed to fit Arkham Origins on 512 MB of RAM, it's not out of the question for it to run on 2GB

either way I upgraded to 8GB so I'm good on that note.

Could be that then. I'm more inclined to say maybe 3GB though, but I'm not sure. As for the GPU, that's kind of up in the air but I think at least 1GB would be a good guess.

Minimum doesn't mean run well, it means just.. run.

It'll be a laggy POS at those specs. A PC is not a console. It also has to run its OS along with the game.

I'm okay with that. I'm not shelling out money for a $400 system just to play fucking Batman.

You have a decent GPU, CPU, and a nice amount of RAM. You should be fine.

Now for the people using Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM, don't even bother.

• Thumbs Up 2