Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

RUMOR: Kevin Conroy lets slip about possible release date:

http://youtu.be/f-aV5P9MDY4?t=5m

January 2015

LOL.

It was Konroy of course who let slip over a year ago that he was working on the new Arkham game before Rocksteady had even announced Arkham Knight. Looks like he's done it again.

The Goddamn Batman doesn't give a shit about NDA's tongue.png

If this turns out to be true then at least we haven't got long to wait. 

So JAN'15?

I can accept that. I played all 3 arkham games in a row and am kind of worn out on the dark knight.

Hey, my birthday is in January! I can ask for it as a birthday present. Unless it comes out in or before the third though it'll be a slightly belated one, but I don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...

A description of the Arkham Knight PS4 exclusive downloadable content has appeared on the PlayStation website.

Terror Unleashed

"Gotham falls victim to Scarecrow's fear toxin, transforming the famous city into a twisted, hellish nightmare in the Batman: Arkham Knight Scarecrow Nightmare Pack.

Tear through the city in the all-new batmobile and face off against a towering vision of Scarecrow and his undead army as they spread terror on the streets, available exclusively on Playstation 4."

Probably inspired by the giant Scarecrow sequences in Arkham Asylum. Are you enjoying the extra dose little Bat.........

This is great! Now I can wait an extra year before having to buy a next-gen console. By which point I'm sure the models will have some more kinks worked out.

Also I'm giddy as a schoolgirl for Scarecrow.

Arkham Knight E3 interview.

The guy conducting the interview is awesome tongue.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=os-wGuZvymc

- Rocksteady were already planning this as a Batmobile game since 2011, and also planned for it to release on 8th generation consoles. It took them all three of those years to get it done.

- Regarding what comes next, Rocksteady still isn’t sure what they are going to tackle.

- Rocksteady deliberately did not use Scarecrow in Arkham City, planning for him to be the villain in Arkham Knight. In the story, Scarecrow festered his anger for having been taken down by Killer Croc in Arkham Asylum for some time. So, the plans laid in motion in Arkham Knight have been set down for a really long time now.

- The Batsuit for Arkham Knight was designed as a military armor, of suits, Bruce’s way of answering the threat from Arkham Knight bringing a literal army to face him. Rocksteady wanted this new suit and the Batmobile to look like they were designed together. They built the suit after the vehicle, with the things from the vehicle incorporated to the suit after the fact.

• Thumbs Up 2

This game keeps sounding so hnnnnnng! I'm still not sure what new gen console I want yet, so therefore I don't know which version of the game I'll be getting. The PS4 version has exclusive content though, so...

Just found this on Batman Arkham's twitter.

I'm definitely going to get the Harley Quinn dlc. Hoping it's as good or better than Catwoman's dlc in Arkham City.

BrY1XIeIQAAAefY.jpg

Do you fancy testing your knowledge of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City with this quiz?

I got a dreadful 13 out of 20 questions correct. Some of the questions require the full name of one of the characters in Arkham Asylum which I couldn't remember for the life of me. huh.png

• 2 weeks later...

DC have announced a number of action figures based on the characters from Arkham Knight:

This is actually really cool because whilst we finally got to see a bit of Scarecrow in the recent trailer, this is the first time we've seen exactly what Scarecrow's full bodysuit looks like. Looks neat.

battman3.jpg

Also:

batman4.jpg

batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Harley's face looks a little off in that figure.

The figures overall look pretty low-budget.

Considering it they are releasing action figures, I'm kind of hoping that they release a LEGO set based on the game. It's probably unlikely though due to the Arkham games being a bit too dark for LEGO's target demographic. It would be nice to see the Batmobile though.

• Thumbs Up 1

More than the masculine looking face, it's Harley's lack of an adorably sadistic smirk that ruins the figure's appeal for me.

I'm kind of worried about that "up to 50 enemies" quote from a while back.

I just got done with Harley's revenge and that section with the Titan mook was annoying due to how unreliable the comabt system becomes when so many enemies are on screen.

I'm also hoping we see a prequil comic

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

Not long left until release now! This is one major reason why I bought a PS4, and if it doesn't turn out to be a flop like most major 3rd party AAA games last year, I think the wait will have been worth it. 

I've got some bad news (Warning, spoilers)

It seems the Batman statue that hinted to Batman dying may have become more true. The first issue of Batman Arkham Knight has Alfred foreshadowing this by stating nights like the one Batman had gone through in Arkham City was becoming more common, and sooner or later, Batman's luck could run out.

The Harley Quinn Story DLC is going to be a prequel to Arkham Knight and is set in Bludhaven.

Source: Amazon

For the first time in the Arkham series take on the role of Joker’s psychotic side-kick Harley Quinn and wreak havoc inside the Blüdhaven Police Department. With this exclusive Story Pack experience events in the lead-up to Arkham Knight as you infiltrate Blüdhaven to rescue your partner in crime: Poison Ivy. Delve deep into Harley’s demented nature and utilize her devastating baseball bat to smash, crash and bash your way to a friend very much in need.

Oh boy, Bludhaven. Hopefully the writers of the game can give it a bit more fair justice this time around.

For those who don't know, Bludhaven is the second major city in the DC universe for crime rate (though it's more infested with mafia, corrupted cops and politicians rather than supercriminals): in the post-Crisis on infinite Earths timeline, Nightwing tried to clean up some mess like Batman does in Gotham, buuuut unfortunately the city was ultimately toxic-nuked by Chemo during Infinite Crisis and after that, its remnants exploded when Captain Atom got locked in the Monarch armor (dunno what happened in the post-Flashpoint timeline though).

I was not expecting the game to look this good on PS4, colour me impressed. The framerate looks pretty stable too. I'm not terribly bothered about the delay either, Splatoon will be out mid-late May so I'll be busy with that for a while. Whatever Rocksteady needs to release a polished and great experience. I can respect their dedication, we need more of it in the industry at the moment.