Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

(I'm going to just go ahead and put this question in spoilers just as to not rustle anyone's jimmies. I can see how an answer to this question could greatly spoil some things)

So has it been said if we're going to see Killer Croc in this? I mean, he is the main reason for the massively different apperance Scarecrow has now (probably gave him hell in that sewer). It'd be cool to see that come up and those two go at it.

Also, I can't help but wonder if this is going to tie into anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkbv-5hKk0I

(I'm going to just go ahead and put this question in spoilers just as to not rustle anyone's jimmies. I can see how an answer to this question could greatly spoil some things)

So has it been said if we're going to see Killer Croc in this? I mean, he is the main reason for the massively different apperance Scarecrow has now (probably gave him hell in that sewer). It'd be cool to see that come up and those two go at it.

Also, I can't help but wonder if this is going to tie into anything.

Funnily enough, I actually got the Killer Croc Easter Egg on the first day Arkham City released. I was up to the part where Batman had to go into the sewers and I ended up getting lost and heading into one of the sewer paths, only to run into Killer Croc. Although I didn't know it was an easter egg and thought I'd need to fight him later in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Funnily enough, I actually got the Killer Croc Easter Egg on the first day Arkham City released. I was up to the part where Batman had to go into the sewers and I ended up getting lost and heading into one of the sewer paths, only to run into Killer Croc. Although I didn't know it was an easter egg and thought I'd need to fight him later in the game.

It was actually the same for me. I discovered him the first time I hit the sewers and had no idea it was meant to be a secret.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sys reqs for the game are out.

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • Graphics Memory: 2 GB
  • DirectX®: 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
  • Hard Drive Space: 45 GB
Recommended System Requirements
  • OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
  • Graphics Memory: 3 GB
  • DirectX®: 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
  • Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

Damn. I meet all the requirements for Ultra EXCEPT the graphics card. I have a GTX 970...oh well, guess I'll have to settle for High.

That graphics card requirement though, yikes. I don't think my gtx 870m can handle that. Everything other requirement for ultra I met but damn, I thought I was in the clear with the way GTA V runs on my system and the fact this was still using Unreal 3. By the looks of it, I'm sure as hell glad I'm getting the PS4 version first. I'll try my luck with this when it inevitably goes on sale on Steam in the winter.

Also, apparently we're suppose to be getting a new trailer soon showing off a new villain and game mechanic. Psyched for that.

Guys keep in mind that PC requirements are generally just a guideline for what kind of hardware you need.

It's possible that you might be able to run it on worse hardware.

though it looks like my computer isn't going to run this. I have the ram and processor, but the GPU and VRAM aren't going to cut it

You know, upon further research these specs seem a bit... off to say the least. I mean, call me crazy but I don't think these are final. If the PS4 and the One are both running this game at native 1080p then these specs can't be right unless Rocksteady didn't even attempt to optimize the game for PC. Not to mention sense the game is still running on U3. Given their track record with PC and their partnership with Nvidia, this seems highly unlikely. I don't know, nothing here is really adding up to be quite honest. If these specs are true then both Microsoft and Sony have lied and the console versions are being up-scaled like hell or Rocksteady didn't even try to make a good PC port (sort of like Assassins Creed: Unity). Both of these options seem way too far off to be true so I'm just going to wait and see what truly happens when the game is released. The idea of a system that is capable of running a game like GTA V on very high not being able to run a game released in the same quarter on even the lowest of settings is baffling. This isn't the cry engine we're talking about here.

• Thumbs Up 1

So since I'm always bored at this time of night, I threw together a little bullshit PC for this game

Capture_zpsruknyrtk.png

Total price is $550. I really don't want to recommend the FX6300 since it's nearly 4 years old and customer support will all but die next year, if it hasn't already. But for the price this processor is a steal. Basically medium risk medium reward.

Again I have no way of testing it but Game-Debate says it should run it at Medium settings.

Gigabyte is fine, it's MSI you should avoid :U

Nah dude, MSI is fine.

If you're gonna go that shitty of a PC you may as well buy a PS4.

• Thumbs Up 1

why

like if you already have a PS4 sure, but this is far from bad. My pc is 10x worse and I've had a blast with it.

If I were to build a gaming PC, I would go straight for an Intel Core i5. Not too expensive but it's still a good processor from what I've heard. I probably wouldn't go AMD though, I heard things like Dolphin have issues running on AMD CPU's.

Normally if I am going to buy an nVidia GPU I always buy an Intel CPU. I feel like they go hand in hand, although I may be wrong on that.

Returning characters for Arkham Knight:

arkham-knight-133327.png

Coming ahead of Batman: Arkham Knights’ latest trailer release on Monday, it has been revealed that Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, and Azrael are all returning as characters for the final Batman: Arkham installment. As part of their marketing for the game, developer Rocksteady hid codes for each character within the trailer, that when entered on the official Arkham Knight website, revealed each character and their biography.

But, the Internet being what it is, beat Rocksteady’s trailer to the punch and deduced the codes before they could even appear in the trailer, which doesn’t land until April 27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQuGb3ohnY

When one enter the code “flying graysons,” the character bio and a GIF for Nightwing appears.

k1g50t1sbe-133317.gif

When you enter the code “bostaff”, the character bio and GIF for Robin appears.

wiiwrifutw-133318.gif

When you enter the code “parkrow,” the character bio and GIF for Catwoman appears.

7x1ge0w9hd-133319.gif

And finally, when you enter the code “suit of sorrows,” the character bio and GIF for Azrael appears.

n4zzqndbcr-133321.gif

Why is Robin bald?

Is that why he was wearing a hood in Arkham City?

If I were to build a gaming PC, I would go straight for an Intel Core i5. Not too expensive but it's still a good processor from what I've heard. I probably wouldn't go AMD though, I heard things like Dolphin have issues running on AMD CPU's.

It's also $150 more

The point was a gaming pc as close to current console prices as I could that would run the game better.

Sure, if you're really interested in getting into the meat and potatos of PC gaming then this is a piece of shit. That's not the point.

But I did forget the hard drive so it's really $600. 

If you guys can recommend a better build for everyone that is around console prices, feel free to share

I'm not really sure if there is anything that worthwhile around console price, I've had a look myself but nothing so far. I definitely wouldn't want a Core i3 and 4GB RAM just to match console price. However I am in Europe so pricing may vary between regions (in fact I'm pretty sure it's cheaper in the U.S.).

That is something I always forget to take into consideration. U.S. is pretty lucky with prices. In other places even a shitty GPU can run $300.

I don't know why that is, but I wish it would stop.

I'm guessing it could be the economy here, everything is more expensive, especially in the UK.