Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

We have a new teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahwZrMR0C4w

Why is Robin bald?

Is that why he was wearing a hood in Arkham City?

No, Robin isn't bald. His hair just looks very thin.

I'd imagine the hood design might have been used in the comics?

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think it was.

On another note, those graphics are fucking amazing, especially with Catwoman in that trailer, just the way she looks and the wind blows through her hair looks amazing

Here's the next teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaLLC3a8egk&feature=youtu.be

That's odd. I could've sworn I heard the Sonic Heroes theme playing then. :P

Really, though, it does sound like a pretty cool mechanic. I wonder if Batman has to always be part of the team, though. Y'know, post-game stuff and all that.

The point was a gaming pc as close to current console prices as I could that would run the game better.

Run the game better? Not if they say it'll run at medium, I don't think. PS4 version is more likely to skew towards high settings with certain elements from medium and max. That's what AC Unity and Witcher 3 do iirc.

I agree with Auto, unless you're going to make your PC clearly better it's a smarter investment to just get a console.

Edit - I run a GTX 760 with an i5 and SSD personally, but games-wise it's more built for Gen 7 and older or CPU intensive games like MMOs. I might upgrade my GPU later on down the road but I can't be bothered right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's odd. I could've sworn I heard the Sonic Heroes theme playing then. :P

Really, though, it does sound like a pretty cool mechanic. I wonder if Batman has to always be part of the team, though. Y'know, post-game stuff and all that.

Batman Heroes; Play as Team Batman, Team Scarecrow, Team Gordon and Team Alfred  :D

I'm sure you'll still be playing as Batman alone for a big part of the game. Dual play looks like a lot of fun. Being able to switch between the characters seems so cool.

A final battle with Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin taking on Scarecrow, Arkham Knight and his forces. Now THAT would be awesome.

So hyped!

Run the game better? Not if they say it'll run at medium, I don't think. PS4 version is more likely to skew towards high settings with certain elements from medium and max. That's what AC Unity and Witcher 3 do iirc.

I agree with Auto, unless you're going to make your PC clearly better it's a smarter investment to just get a console.

Edit - I run a GTX 760 with an i5 and SSD personally, but games-wise it's more built for Gen 7 and older or CPU intensive games like MMOs. I might upgrade my GPU later on down the road but I can't be bothered right now.

That just means the game will look better texture wise. If you can run Arkham Knight on a 960 at 60 FPS on Medium settings, I'll gladly take that over a 30 FPS, High setting experience on the console. Run better, in my opinion, means the game will run at a higher frame rate, not necessarily a higher texture count. My CPU is an i7, so most likely, mine will be able to run the game better than a PS4 or X1 once I get a 960.

That just means the game will look better texture wise. If you can run Arkham Knight on a 960 at 60 FPS on Medium settings, I'll gladly take that over a 30 FPS, High setting experience on the console. Run better, in my opinion, means the game will run at a higher frame rate, not necessarily a higher texture count. My CPU is an i7, so most likely, mine will be able to run the game better than a PS4 or X1 once I get a 960.

There's no way the PS4 is running this at high settings.

The base requirements for ultra settings is the second strongest GPU on the market right now. The PS4 gpu is stripped down assets of a gpu from 5 years ago. I'd bet money it's running low settings on Xbone and medium settings on PS4.

Texture quality wasn't what I was referring to anyways (anything above medium in a game like this will be negligible). We've butt heads enough times for you to know what I mean :V

No one wants too. Tomb Raider 2013 was a nightmare for me to play on low settings.

I'm only going by the recommended settings when I say it'll run the game better.

The fact is recommended settings are kind of like using Smogon to build a team. Sure the suggestions are pretty good but you should experiment anyways.

I don't know, I still say those PC requirements seem off. Especially considering how good the PS4 footage we've seen so far looks. But hey, I honestly understand where all of you are coming from. While I personally am getting the PS4 version due to console versions usually being more stable (no randomly dropping framerates that take you out of the experience as everything is locked down), I can still see where others would want the 60fps. Last night I watched my dorm mate play through a bit of Arkham City on the 360 and... yikes, the PC version ruined me from ever replaying that version. Everything just looked more pixelated and slow. There's definitely something to be had in playing these games at 60fps as the combat just lends itself to it. I'm hoping I don't feel this way while playing AK on the PS4. It's one of the main reasons I'm playing that version first before the PC to help avoid the bias XD. I don't know, considering my PC is a fair bit more powerful than a PS4, maybe I could get away with a better experience on it but I just don't want to take that risk first as I've just grown painfully sensitive to minor technical issues over the years. They can now just completely derail my enjoyment of a game, sadly. I'm just really hoping the PS4 version isn't noticeably upscaled.

But this new trailer looks fantastic. If that dual system is as solid as the regular gameplay then those combos are going to be absolutely devastating!

• Thumbs Up 1

The gap in settings benchmarks is kind of arbitrary though. With heavy optimization they could get a weird mish-mash of mostly high settings but with certain parts missing on consoles, and Ultra could be implementing some ridiculously intensive features that widen the gap between High and Ultra more than the gap between, say, Medium and High. I'm doubtful a computer as cheap as the one you posted will run the game better or even really as good as a PS4 would at equal settings. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong though.

And I mean, that's what PSI is talking about right above me when he says he'd take Medium at 60 over High at 30. Like, yeah, you can do that, but for Arkham Knight of all things I have no idea why you'd want to.

Well, like I said, Ultra used to mean visuals worse than what Arkham Knight is doing. I'll also eat crow if there's any noticable difference between medium and higher settings,

Hell, I'm not even convinced Low will look bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

So in more questionable news, a season pass has been announced:

From the official Facebook Page:

We’re excited to announce the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass, which extends your experience in Gotham City with regular new content drops for six months post-launch. Included in the Season Pass are new story missions, additional super-villains, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks.

Fans pre-ordering digitally can also pick up Batman: Arkham Knight and Season Pass together with the new Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition.

11150379_967236763308816_781724664925899

Price: £32.99 / $39.99

I... Eh, I'm very iffy on this. I mean, if we're getting stuff like the Harley Quinn DLC from City or Cold Heart from Origins then it seems like a solid deal. Though, a good part of me wonders how much of this could of been in the game to begin with. I'm hoping this isn't the case and the main adventure doesn't feel watered down because of it.  I mean, $40 for DLC... it's not even included in any of the collectors editions. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the actual content is. Hoping some sort of discount comes to those who buy it with with the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 € for a Season Pass is insane, reguardless of any game it's put in. I mean, the usual tag price for a Season Pass ranges from 5 to 20 €, so unless they have something BIG in schedule, this is definetly overpriced.

I think I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition/bundle with all the DLC. $40 for all DLC......ridiculous. 

• Thumbs Up 6

So um... this just dropped on Facebok.

11061227_969906649708494_107844308781169

Earlier this week, we announced the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. While the story of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham Trilogy will come to a close on June 23rd, we are excited to continue telling stories and delivering more content to explore and play through in the 6 months following the game’s release. We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.

We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

WB Games

Well then... I don't know about you guys but that $40 is looking a bit smaller to me now. Guess they needed to put something out after all the backlash they were receiving. Glad they did too, definitely feel a lot better about it all now. I'm still not sure how much of this could of been included in the game but since this stuff seems separate from the actual story timeline I guess it could work. And bringing in bat mobiles from the ages, just... YES! Though, do we even know what the race tracks are yet besides being a Riddler challenge? I swear we haven't gotten any footage of them yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they are adding a lot of additional content that doesn't really take anything away from the core game, then that's fine by me. Maybe I'll buy it, but I don't know, $40 is still kind of steep. It's not terrible considering what you get though.

I'll be honest. Despite the crazy price I am going to get the Season Pass.

I would imagine the BatGirl story pack will be a prequel, because her back story in Arkham Asylum states that Barbara Gordon - formerly BatGirl - becomes Oracle after she is paralyzed from the waist down by Joker. Of course there are other BatGirl's in the dc universe. So this BatGirl might not be Barbara Gordon.

If the Season Pass contains multiple story packs with a similar length and immersion to the Cold Cold Heart dlc from Origins, then it could be well worth getting. The challenge maps aren't necessary for me and as for Batmobile race tracks? This is a game where you play as Batman, it's not a fucking racing game.

Race tracks? Acceptable.

Challenge maps? Good, I enjoy those.

New story stuff? Damn, this sounds really goo-

Batgirl?! Fucking sold, done.

However, I do feel like them putting this out is not much more than damage control after the initial backlash of $40 for a Season Pass.