Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

You know how there were 240 Riddler trophies to collect in Arkham Asylum, 440 in Arkham City and technically just one to find in Origins?  :P  

Well, the number of trophies for Arkham Knight has been revealed by Rocksteady Creative Director, Sefton Hill via twitter.

I know what you're thinking. It's 1000, no wait, 2000 trophies, right?

Well, no. There are only 243 trophies in Arkham Knight!

We have a Riddler teaser winner. The answer is 243.

I'd rather not have the trophies at all.

The datapacks made more sense to me. "extortion" seems like a better reason to hunt for them than "riddler is toying with me again"

Well, no. There are only 243 trophies in Arkham Knight!

OH THANK GOD

I mean, yeah the map is much larger than City but come on now. I know dozens of people who played through City and loved it and no one (other than myself) who actually went ahead an collected every trophy. I'm all for quality over quantity when it comes to games and Riddler trophies seems like the perfect place for this rule to take effect. I'll be the first one to admit that when I heard the actual size of Knight I literally did a double take. My initial thoughts of "Fuck yeah!" quickly became "Oh fuck, please no" when I thought of the riddler and what happened in City. There were too many of them and only about 100 of them were actually fun and challenging to solve. It became a chore after a certain point.

So yeah, to me this game is shaping up quite nicely. June 23rd needs to get the fuck over here.

Being honest, I'm seriously sick and tired of people complaining about the season pass and how ''the game will be uncomplete'' and blah blah blah, what a load of bullshit.

I mean, fucking seriously? Because of a Season Pass (One that is overpriced to be fair), they've already decided the game will be totally uncomplete and will be a short piece of crap just so they could cut off chunks to sell off as DLC? Of all the silly things....

If you think the Season Pass is overpriced, then simply don't buy it. In fact, unless you plan to get every single piece of Arkham Knight DLC, then why would you even consider the pass? Why not just simply buy the piece of DLC you want when it releases and simply leave it at that? 

Oh but apparently Arkham Knight will be a completely incomplete game, despite the fact that when EA, Activision, or any other company pulls this shit and have even already cut out chunks of the game (Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed 2 etc), there's absolutely no complaints whatsoever?

What they're claiming doesn't even make any sort of sense. The story DLC which focuses on Batgirl is going to be a prequel, considering Batgirl has been out of commission since at least Arkham Asylum so how the fuck is it cutting any type of story from Arkham Knight when the two stories don't even take place in the same year?

But going off that rant.

I'm extremely excited for this, especially if they make it so every character has their own set of side missions and story missions, sort of like Sly Cooper. It'd be cool if they teamed up to take on one massive villain that connects to them. For example, Harley would go after Robin because he fucked up her plan to kill Batman in Arkham City, Scarecrow & The Arkham Knight would go after Batman, Black Mask for Nightwing etc.

Being honest, I'm seriously sick and tired of people complaining about the season pass and how ''the game will be uncomplete'' and blah blah blah, what a load of bullshit.

I mean, fucking seriously? Because of a Season Pass (One that is overpriced to be fair), they've already decided the game will be totally uncomplete and will be a short piece of crap just so they could cut off chunks to sell off as DLC? Of all the silly things....

If you think the Season Pass is overpriced, then simply don't buy it. In fact, unless you plan to get every single piece of Arkham Knight DLC, then why would you even consider the pass? Why not just simply buy the piece of DLC you want when it releases and simply leave it at that? 

Oh but apparently Arkham Knight will be a completely incomplete game, despite the fact that when EA, Activision, or any other company pulls this shit and have even already cut out chunks of the game (Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed 2 etc), there's absolutely no complaints whatsoever?

What they're claiming doesn't even make any sort of sense. The story DLC which focuses on Batgirl is going to be a prequel, considering Batgirl has been out of commission since at least Arkham Asylum so how the fuck is it cutting any type of story from Arkham Knight when the two stories don't even take place in the same year?

• Thumbs Up 3

People have every right to be concerned about the season pass. Even ignoring the price point, it's not like this is the first time this series or WB Games in general have put people through DLC bullshit. They prioritized completing and selling Arkham Origins DLC over actually patching the game itself, meaning there are still game breaking glitches in the game to this day. I haven't even beaten the game yet and I likely never will due to one of these glitches completely fucking up my save file.

Not to mention how many different times companies like WB have fucked up Season passes before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Outside main games, nothing WB games does should be supported. They have some despicable practices.

I would have thought the Cold Cold Heart fiasco would drive that home.

To be fair Wraith, what game nowadays doesn't have game breaking glitches. Spend enough time in SSB4 and you'd probably even find one there. To be honest, I've played Origins multiple of times on both the 360 and PC at this point and have yet to run into a game breaking glitch since the initial patch. Hell, it's more stable than most of the other games I've played at this point. Look at things like GTA V which crashes if you do something as little as change the aspect ratio. Nothing is perfect out the box but the Arkham games have been pretty on the ball in that regard.

As far as the DLC is concerned... I can't actually say it's as big of a complaint as people are making it out to be. Especially since the game isn't even out yet. People are just jumping to the conclusion that it's going to be another Destiny or *insert overly popular/ love to be hated triple A title here* when, if you look at what's being offered, it really isn't. There is a hell of a lot more being offered here than just your simple map pack. Also, from the way Rock Steady has been wording their statements it seems like they are just now wrapping up work on the base game and have barely even started anything on the DLC front. The content in the DLC even points to this to as it seems to have nothing to do with the base story line either.

• Thumbs Up 2

You wont find any game breaking glitch in Smash Bros U that wasn't patched out almost as soon as it was found out about. It's almost like they give a shit about their costumers trusting them or something. 

Meanwhile, this was their response to the many complaints about how the game's bugs would keep the player from progressing:

And as far as I know, the game was never patched.

They prioritize making more content to sell over fixing their broken game. Are we just okay with that now? Have we gotten to that point? Games that cost $60 should absolutely not have any game breaking bugs to begin with, and if they do, they should be taken care of.

I know we'll have to wait and see about how the DLC is going to go over but all I said was that people have the right to be concerned, and they definitely do.

I don't know about the console versions, but the PC version's patch was worthless

However switching the API to DX9 from DX10 fixes everything. It's fairly easy to do.

In other news a new insider was put up:

Looks like that view model feature from the last games will be returning here. Always loved looking at the detail you couldn't quite see when the game was in motion. So much work goes into these models it's insane. Also, looks like the Batmobile will be getting upgrades like Batman as well. Eh, wonder how this level up system is going to work. With all these characters I don't think it can be the same as in previous games. I mean to make that system work they'd have to either just make most character not upgradable or make those skill points quite a bit more plentiful.

On a side note, please don't tell me I was the only one expecting a look at Catwoman, Ivy, and Harley due to that man's shirt.

I don't think the other characters will even have upgrades. They're all challenge maps.

Batmobile having Upgardes spells out how often you're going to be using it.

I'll give you Arkham Origins as it was a mess when it originally launched (The PC Version is still pretty bugged I hear, but the PS3 version works fine). Basically, three major glitches occurred at launch.

Those bugs are 

1. The Black Void Bug

A Game Breaking glitch where after dying, you'll randomly respawn in a endless black void, where after falling far enough, you'll die, and respawn once again in the black void. The game also saves here so if it happens, you're fucked more or less.

2. The Lag

The framerate was absolutely horrible at launch, where after doing certain things in the game world, the game would begin to lag extremely, making it very unplayable and requiring a reset.

3. The Riddler Tower glitch

On the PC version of Arkham Origins, the game had a glitch where if you went to one of the towers to disable Riddler's jammers, you'd get trapped inside a room, without anyway to get up to a vent that Batman needs to get up to in order to escape.

But, Arkham Origins was also developed by WB Games Montreal. Not Rocksteady, so I'd say WB Games had much more control over what the team had to do plus Origins was likely rushed in order to have a game fill the gap between City and Knight. Rocksteady on the other hand, put two delays on the game in order to work on it more, so I'm sure we'll get a bug free game for the most part, at least without any massive game breakers.

New trailer showing off the exclusive PS4 DLC.

Adam West Batman is back, with his own batmobile as well.

• Thumbs Up 5

New gameplay trailer was released that continues off the previous one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-6kYvPEdM

Seriously though, it's insane how much of a jump is being made here. Everything just looks better! Not to mention this being footage from the PS4. Man, the wait till the 23rd is going to be unbearable.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the PS4 game I've been waiting for. So freakin' hyped!

- Being able to disarm armed thugs is so cool. 

- Hopefully you can reach combos of 200 or even 300!

- Batman seems to glide effortlessly. Not easy to lose height.

- Love how Poison Ivy looks.

- The graphics and attention to detail is impressive

- The Batmobile looks like a lot of fun. 

- I wonder if Poison Ivy will become an ally later in the story?

This game is looking like 10/10 material. Seriously...well then again that doesn't say much considering how good the other two games did critically. If it looks this good on PS4 I can't wait to see PC footage.

Insider #4 – 'Batmobile Double-Bill'

Arkham Insider Episode 4: A Batmobile Double-Bill. Check out brand new gameplay of Riddler’s intellectual assault on both Man and Machine, while Sefton Hill talks us through the awesome new features of Battle Mode on the show floor at MCM Comic Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMc4gaouAs

Here's some new screenshots:

small-1024x576.jpg

bak_sshot109_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot140_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot143_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot146_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot153_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot157_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot159_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

bak_sshot160_jpg_0x0_q85_small.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wants Achievements/trophies list?

Warning: There is some story spoilers

For those who want to know possible story details from this...

-The first achievement is named A Battle Within and says ''Fight for your sanity'' which likely means the beginning will have Batman be hit by Scarecrow's fear toxin and have to fight it

-Riddler Trials are back.

-There's bank heists in the game

-There's an achievement with the tag ''Face an old friend'' - Possibly Hush? (For those who don't know, in the comics, Hush is an old friend of Bruce Wayne)

-Another achievement is named ''Angel in the Dark'' and has a tagline of ''Complete the trials and prove you are a worthy successor''. Maybe Ra and Talia are back?

Cool.  I think Harley is supposed to team up with Poison Ivy?

I pre-ordered my copy through GAME. So, I'll get to play the Harley Quinn and Red Hood story dlc.

Hopefully we'll get a Red Hood trailer next.

Edit: Lol, speak of the devil!

This video was released yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLmW219ciWM

• Thumbs Up 1

With games these size I wonder why Sony and Microsoft thought that 500GB was enough for their consoles.

Well the PS4 is getting a 1TB basic SKU this year but that's besides the point. Out of all my PS4 games though, I only play a few, so I don't really mind clearing space for one of my most anticipated games of this generation so far.

Arkham Insider #5: Gotham by Night

I've said it before, but the size of Gotham and attention to detail is so impressive.