Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Good, so I wasn't the only one. XD

I feel as though I really should of seen it coming when I noticed Batman starting to cough but I honestly thought RS were going to keep to their word. XD Who's voicing him this time around? Troy or Mark? They're both doing a killer job anyways though.

Yeah, Mark Hamill.

He came out of retirement to voice Joker again for this game.

It's getting very exciting.

Fixed my post.

Bahhhh......

Seriously, I am quite upset about how the situation with the PC port was handled. I enjoyed Arkham City and while it's the only Arkham game I've really touched, I enjoyed playing it. I was sort-of excited for Batman Arkham Knight because well, Batman! But I never really thought that of all things this game would blow it would be the PC Port.....

A friend of mine got a copy of the game when he bought a Nvidia GTX 970 and because of what he's heard about the game he actually doesn't want it on his Steam account. Of course, he got it for free along with the GTX 970, so there's no way he could refund it or anything. I'm trying to convince him atm to give the game a shot on his rig to see how it goes, and if he does manage to try it, I'll (uhhhh) let you know how it went on his side. I'm hearing things like "This game is a wreck on PC" and "Well it only stutters for me a bit." and the "Oh, it hasn't happened to me y- Shit,".

Assumably (Is that even a word), it can go both ways regarding why the PC Port is so stuffed up. It could be a bunch of "known shippables", a term for bugs/issues that the developers knew of during development and didn't patch it up by release. Or, something simply went wrong on the release build of the PC version and it was something completely unexpected by both nVidia and Rocksteady.

Whoever designed the second Riddler bat-mobile challenge in Arkham Knight is a fucking cunt.................to put  it nicely.

Seriously how the hell are you supposed to maneuver the bat-mobile in that tight space without falling down. I wasted like 20 minutes on that stupid challenge.

and I really want to save Catwoman!

Also, there's a free New 52 Skin Pack DLC on the PS Store at least so I recommend you guys get them! It has skins for Batman, Nightwing, and Robin.

Whoever designed the second Riddler bat-mobile challenge in Arkham Knight is a fucking cunt.................to put  it nicely.

Seriously how the hell are you supposed to maneuver the bat-mobile in that tight space without falling down. I wasted like 20 minutes on that stupid challenge.

and I really want to save Catwoman!

Here's how you do it.

Step 1: Drive the Batmobile to the bottom part of the ramp, and press circle to close the blue sideways platform. Once the ramp is up high, hit circle again to open it again, which will keep the ramp up, then drive up the first ramp.

Step 2: Jump out of the batmobile and go to the Riddler pressure pad. This will cause a platform to open. Normally, the big red button on the ramp would cause it to close, but since the Batmobile is already past it by the time you hit the pressure pad, the platform will remain open. Now use the remote control Batmobile to go over the platforms to the next ramp.

Step 3: On the next ramp, there will be one red and one blue platform sticking out of the wall that you have to use to keep the ramp up. You need to keep the ramp up and land on the blue platform on the other side. The problem is both of these can't be open at once. So what you need to do is get the ramp up as high as it can go, press circle to get the red platform to pop out of the side to keep the ramp up. Then go to the bottom of the ramp, and drive up the ramp and thrust at the same time. Then in mid air, press circle again to get the blue platform you need to land on to pop out. 

Step 4: If you did Step 3 correctly, you will be on the next section, just follow the arrows to the batmobile grapple point and power it up and there you go. Puzzle solved :)

Can I just say how much fun it is to drive the Batmobile once you learn the ropes? Because it is a lot of fun to drive the thing. You actually feel like you are driving the Batmobile, and it's insane how you can just powerhouse through nearly every obstacle in your way. I drove along the ceiling of a tunnel earlier on. The fucking ceiling. While the tank sections do seem out of place they honestly don't bother me at all, in fact, I kind of like them? The puzzles involving synergy between Batman and the Batmobile can also be really clever, especially that elevator one. Overall, the Batmobile is a great addition and I'm happy that Rocksteady pursued to use it in the game.

As for the game in general, holy cajole I am impressed. Not only does the game look stunning and run well (on a PS4 no less), but Rocksteady have taken their already great formula and made it even better. The combat feels so much more fluid now and the pace feels significantly faster.

All in all, Game of the Year for me so far. I'm not sure what else could actually top this despite some great looking games coming out.

It really rains inside the buildings...How did Rocksteady overlook this?

I've played this game for about 9 hours today, lol.

My progress is 18% completion overall. Done 30% of the main mission. I've been doing some of the side missions.

Got fed up with the bat-mobile fighting drones/tanks gameplay. There are far too many drones and it gets boring.

The rest of the game is really fun.

Joker constantly showing up randomly and talking to Batman is just so weird and yet hilarious. He has so much dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Joker constantly showing up randomly and talking to Batman is just so weird and yet hilarious. He has so much dialogue.

Heh, sounds like we're kinda finally getting that "

Batman Triumphant" movie we were supposed to get, which actually had a worthy concept at the helm.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm only watching playthroughs of the game, but yeah, the constant Batmobile versus tank combat is extremely annoying and boring, problemly my only problem with the game.

They really didn't bother to hide that Arkham Knight was Red Hood/Jason Todd.

I'm only watching playthroughs of the game, but yeah, the constant Batmobile versus tank combat is extremely annoying and boring, problemly my only problem with the game.

They really didn't bother to hide that Arkham Knight was Red Hood/Jason Todd.

^ Might wanna specify what that spoiler is about, just in case.

^ Might wanna specify what that spoiler is about, just in case.

It's about who the Arkham Knight is, fair warnings.

It's about who the Arkham Knight is, fair warnings.

I know, I was just telling him to edit that in his post, just in case someone accidently opens it thinking it's something minor :U

I've actually been able to play with a (generously put) reasonable framerate, thanks to this guy's suggestions. Apparently he has smooth 60fps with a 970.

IMPORTANT: After downloading the driver, make sure to set PhysX in the Nvidia Control Panel (3D Settings > Configure surround, PhysX) to GPU instead of CPU or Auto.

Go to [...]steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config and look for BmSystemSettings.ini (open with notepad)

Change MaxFPS=30.000000 to MaxFPS=60.000000 (or more)

Other changes:

1. Change bAllowD3D9MSAA=False to bAllowD3D9MSAA=True (This allows you to use MSAA with D3D9)

2. Change AllowD3D10=False to AllowD3D10=True (This allows you to enable D3D10 for better performance)

3. Change TextureResolution=1 to TextureResolution=2 (This allows you to change the texture resolution from Normal to High but somehow it keep changing back to normal I don't know why because in my case while looking at the options in-game the texture resolution is set on Normal and there is no other options (no high, no ultra, just nothing). But you can try.

4. Ingame decrease shadows to low or normal. No need to put it high, just in case to get more frames/s (who cares about shadows anyway ;/)

5. Turn off Motion blur: MotionBlur=False and MotionBlurSkinning=0 . Players report that this might crash your game so turn it off at your own responsibility. Mine didn't crash so maybe it's not for everyone.

6. Turn off Bloom: Bloom=False

7. Turn off Reflections: Reflections=False

8. Change AllowOpenGL=False to AllowOpenGL=True (This allows you to use OpenGL for better performance)

IMPORTANT: SET THE FILE TO READ-ONLY AS THE GAME RESET THE SETTINGS EVERYTIME.

My graphics card is a 970 as well, but I still get framerate drops when moving at speed in very dense areas when gliding, grappling and driving, but nothing like the Youtube video.

On another note, I was amused when calling the Batmobile down from higher ground when it chose to shortcut with a cartwheel... yeah. Wtf,

Can I just say that I really enjoy Joker's performance here, even more so than Arkham City. He has way more funnier lines here as well, including a whole fucking song and dance number in the game, while Batman is forced to watch. It's so good.

I wonder if there was an issue internally with their outsourcing for the PC version. A lack of communication perhaps? Rocksteady are a very good development team who I doubt knowingly would allow this, especially after delaying Arkham Knight twice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh shit, they actually mixed the Jason Todd and Batman Beyond Return of the Joker plots together. In Arkham Knight, Joker breaks Jason Todd and brainwashes him into hating Batman, as well as being loyal to Joker.

due to my pc not meeting the right specs for the game I figured id go ahead and watch the walkthoughs to the end of the game

so be warned about reading the spoilers tab

something I found interesting about the game is that it seems that some of the more darker batman stories got a small reference here and there

eg. the killing joke,the red hood story arc,the hush story arc from the comics,batman beyond return of the joker, batman dark knight returns and chances are there are still more references out there then the ones I noticed

and I did enjoy seeing mark return to voice joker

who seemed better placed in this story then he was in arkham origins since joker didn't interfere with the overall plot as much like he did in arkham origins

Must......resist........conspiracy theory.......

It's already  been solved, but the mystery deepens.

I know it was outsourced, but so many PC ports have been unoptimized pieces of crap this gen. I'm starting to feel like publishers or devs are purposefully doing it to make the consoles look better.

I know it was outsourced, but so many PC ports have been unoptimized pieces of crap this gen. I'm starting to feel like publishers or devs are purposefully doing it to make the consoles look better.

Perhaps I can make a exception?

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes isn't exactly a super large game, but it's so optimized that it could run on a next-gen toaster.

I think the situation here is that Rocksteady didn't focus on the PC port and it was just given to some other dev. nVidia was hyping up the PC version like it was going to be the one with the best performance, so it's most likely the outsourced devs who are responsible for this (I doubt that nVidia had any idea about the situation, WBGames may have)

I doubt that they are purposely doing it to make consoles look better, but it's most certainly the case that they probably don't give a shit about the PC base (Which is notably large, so why the fuck are you killing profits with such a shit port)

• Thumbs Up 1