Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

So I've purposefully avoided as much of Arkham Knight as possible because I don't have a PS4 yet and want to go into the game as blind as possible. The only piece of info I really have about the Knight himself is that he's human and a tactician.

So I'm going to take stab in the dark and guess his identity.

Is the Arkham Knight

Jason Todd?

So I've purposefully avoided as much of Arkham Knight as possible because I don't have a PS4 yet and want to go into the game as blind as possible. The only piece of info I really have about the Knight himself is that he's human and a tactician.

So I'm going to take stab in the dark and guess his identity.

Is the Arkham Knight

Jason Todd?

well if you really want a answer to that question then check bellow otherwise if you don't want to be spoiled don't look at it!

but yea it is Jason todd

well if you really want a answer to that question then check bellow otherwise if you don't want to be spoiled don't look at it!

but yea it is Jason todd

What a lousy surprise. Lousy and predictable.

Haven't played much of Arkham Knight today.

I've competed 60% of the main story and 40% overall completion.

I'm stuck on the Riddler mission where you need to launch from the batmobile into a Riddler target. No matter what I try Batman always lands too low.

I've completed the Two-face side missions which are pretty fun.

Oh shit, they actually mixed the Jason Todd and Batman Beyond Return of the Joker plots together. In Arkham Knight, Joker breaks Jason Todd and brainwashes him into hating Batman, as well as being loyal to Joker.

It was a really good sequence. I don't know much about Jason Todd, so it was interesting.

I've now completed 70% of the main story.

Harley Quinn as always was on top form. I thought her struggling - hands banging animation - against Batman (when he was carrying her) was very funny.

This is truly an epic game.

My overall completion is still only just over 44%.

Edit: and now Thomas Elliott has made his move!

DigitalFoundry wanted to know just how bad Arkham Knight runs on PC.

• CPU: Core i7 3770K
  • Video Card: GTX 780 Ti
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Tested at low and high graphics options
  • nVidia GameWorks options turned OFF

I've looked up Iron Galaxy Studios, and it's an interesting bag. In addition to the numerous ports they've done (with varying quality from Marvel vs. Capcom Origins to Borderlands 2 on the Vita), they've done their own games as well, such as Wreckateer (A meh kinect game), Kinect Adventures (Also meh), and etc. They've ported Destiny on the PS3, Back to the Future: The Game on Wii, they've ported Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on the Next-Gen consoles, and they've done Arkham Origins for PC.

From what I know, Arkham Origins wasn't a bad port, but it's pretty obvious to see that Rocksteady showed more effort and care when they did the porting themselves for Asylum and City. Iron Galaxy Studios look like a group that just do portjobs really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy_Studios

Back to the Future: The Game on Wii

That makes a lot of sense. I own that particular version and it chugs like an old jalopy.

Edited by CC14 Soul Snatcher

I've been seeing people hitting at Rocksteady and blaming them for the thing, but I really want to defend them. Of course they gave the port job to Iron Galaxy. Why?  Because they did the port for Arkham Origins and despite the bugs that was present in all versions, it was perfectly fine. Because of the issues Rocksteady themselves are now fixing the port with the irresponsible dev studio that's known for making boring Kinect games and mixed ports.

Well, I've completed the story. 

Bruce's identity gets revealed and you go through some really weird fear toxin dream where it appears at first the game skipped forward in time, and Joker got full control of Bruce, and goes on a rampage murdering everyone in Gotham. But, it then turns out Batman was setting up a trap in his mind to destroy Joker's control over him, and it's something straight out of a fucking horror game, including a courtyard where a bunch of Batman statues begin surrounding you as Batman traps Joker.

After that, Scarecrow is pumped with his own fear gas and Batman realizes he can't go on. So he sets out to clear up 7 Most Wanted missions, and then tells Alfred to activate something called the Knightfall protocall

I really can't wait to pick this game up once I purchase a next gen console, but I'd be utterly lying if I said I was satisfied with how Rocksteady closed the story of their Arkham series. Spoilers below for those who have completed the game.

To be fair, this has more to do with the ambiguity of the 100 percent ending

that you get after completing everything in the game. I really expected some
closure, but Batman fakes his death with Alfred, with no explanation on what
becomes of his rogues gallery, what happens to Jason, and how the rest of
Batman's allies react to Batman supposedly dying. Not to mention the Arkham

Knight reveal was seriously underwhelming in how obvious it was.

I'm seriously wondering if the ending was mandated by WB or something, so they can milk the shit out of this franchise after Rocksteady is gone. But wow, after such amazing buildup in the game's plot and loose threads set up in Arkham City, I'm appalled this is how they chose to end this series.

I'm pretty sure the implication is that Rocksteady pulled it themselves, not that Steam actually intervened for the sake of quality control.

This is one of the best moments in the game:

That reminds me of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOQNQTrq3tc

Its so similar with a villain song in the background and stopping traps. Joker's song even reminds me of Ratigan's song.

Speaking of the port, if anyone else listens to TotalBiscuit from time to time, he does a pretty good job of explaining all the issues with the game, and the the issues the Arkham series has had in general, on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBd5GgGkMs

Short and to the point, apparently PCs that aren't several times more powerful than the PS4 struggle to play this port (TB's rig costs 5000 dollars and runs it "all right"), I don't even know how that's even a thing. Some of the better middle-uppertier videocards (with the pretty standard i5 series CPUs complimenting, which is actually still far better than what's in the PS4 and Xbone) can't even run the game at its 30 FPS lock, such as the R280x (from last year) and the 970 GTX (from THIS YEAR).

Just finished the main story. Overall completion is currently just under 70%.

Epic finish.

The whole Joker sequence at the end was really good. I actually managed a perfect free-flow combo against all the Jokers in the alley. Hell, all the Joker sequences were awesome. Especially when he sings.

I assume the Knightfall protocol is when Bruce Wayne stops being Batman and leaves Gotham.

I was getting so frustrated with the constant tank/milita fighting combat at about 75% completion of the Main story, and the forced use of the Batmobile when going down the sewers in search of Gordon - whilst cleverly done - fell like such a pace-breaker.

Loved the whole idea of Jason Todd being the Arkham Knight.

Then you find out that Deadstroke has taken over the role of being in charge of militia, which was a nice surprise.

It was really sad that Poison Ivy dies.

The combat is very good. Although I kept getting slaughtered in the fights when you have all kinds of enemies. I swear you can't see which of the (normal sized) enemies have the shock sticks, so they keep surprising me and breaking my combos. 

I'm going to play the game on New Game Plus mode.  When I started new game plus mode just now, in the opening cutscene when you burn Joker's body, instead of Commissioner Gordon saying "This is how the Batman died", Joker actually briefly opens his eyes, laughs and (voiced by Mark Hamill) says "This is how the Joker died". How awesome is that! 

I found the freeze-blast weapon in the theater (where Harley and the four Jokers were locked up).

The dialogue throughout is excellent.

For me, Joker was still the star of the show.

A truly awesome game. I don't like the tank/militia combat and the batmobile is a little over-used, but regardless it's still incredibly fun.

Just finished the main story. Overall completion is currently just under 70%.

Epic finish.

The whole Joker sequence at the end was really good. I actually managed a perfect free-flow combo against all the Jokers in the alley. Hell, all the Joker sequences were awesome. Especially when he sings.

I assume the Knightfall protocol is when Bruce Wayne stops being Batman and leaves Gotham.

I was getting so frustrated with the constant tank/milita fighting combat at about 75% completion of the Main story, and the forced use of the Batmonile when going down the sewers in search of Gordon - whilst cleverly done - fell like such a pace-breaker.

Loved the whole idea of Jason Todd being the Arkham Knight.

Then you find out that Deadstroke as taken over the role of being in charge of militia, which was a nice surprised.

It was really sad that Poison Ivy dies.

The combat is very good. Although I kept getting slaughtered in the fights when you have all kinds of enemies. I swear you can't see which of the (normal sized) enemies have the shock sticks, so they keep surprising me and breaking my combos. 

I'm going to play the game on New Game Plus mode.  When I started new game plus mode just now, in the opening cutscene when you burn Joker's body, instead of Commissioner Gordon saying "This is how the Batman died", instead Joker opens his eyes, laughs and (voiced by Mark Hamill) says "This is how the Joker died". How awesome is that! 

I found the freeze-blast weapon in the theater (where Harley and the four Jokers were locked up).

The dialogue throughout is excellent.

For me, Joker was still the star of the show.

A truly awesome game. I don't like the tank/militia combat and the batmobile is a little over-used, but regardless it's still incredibly fun.

huh a new cutscene for new game plus mode? I wonder if that means there's some hidden secrets to be found in new game plus mode like different endings and cutscenes

I assume the Knightfall protocol will be passing of the torch to Azrael as the new Batman, Ala the Knightfall story arc

Knightfall-Vol-2.jpg

I've now got 87% overall completion. Also started New Game-Plus mode.

I've done enough side-missions to active the Knightfall Protocol (whatever it is). I'm supposed to go to the "GCPD rendezvous point". Although I don't know where that is (and there's no game prompt to tell me where to go).

I assume the Knightfall protocol will be passing of the torch to Azrael as the new Batman, Ala the Knightfall story arc

Nope. I've completed the Azrael side-mission and he definitely won't be taking over from Bruce Wayne.

I've now got 87% overall completion. Also started New Game-Plus mode.

I've done enough side-missions to active the Knightfall Protocol (whatever it is). I'm supposed to go to the "GCPD rendezvous point". Although I don't know where that is (and there's no game prompt to tell me where to go).

It's up where the Bat Signal is on the GCPD Roof

• Thumbs Up 1