Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm done with the Batgirl dlc and I'm currently playing the main game on hard mode.

I noticed a neat little feature. You know in a first playthrough how the story doesn't prompt you to collect the Remote Electrical Charge (REC) weapon from the GCPD locker-room until about 80% done in the main story? Well, you don't have to wait until then to get it, you can actually pick up the REC as soon as you start the game. You can collect it anytime you want. This is rather useful, not just because it helps in combat, but also because so many Riddler trophies require the use of the REC. So in other words you can tackle a lot more Riddler trophies much earlier rather than having to wait until so late in the game on a first playthrough. 

Easter Egg - Man-Bat's Halloween Escape

Players who change their console or PC clock to 31st October can skip ahead and see a couple of extra scenes.

These moments will only play out if you have completed the Most Wanted mission titled "Creature of the Night" and captured Man-Bat.

Rocksteady's hidden scenes see Man-Bat escape from captivity. Watch what happens in the video below:

Edited by BenderTheBatman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Interview with Game director at Rocksteady Studios Sefton Hill:

Nvidia has provided more color on how it’s helping Warner Bros fix the PC version.

Meanwhile I've now 100%d Arkham Knight on all difficulty settings; Easy, Easy New Game Plus, Normal, Normal NGP, Hard and Hard NGP.

I am vengeance, I am the Night, I am.................exhausted :D 

Wq7J89B.jpg

Here's hoping that the future story dlc is a decent length. I'd like some post-Arkham Knight Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman dlc,

and also some Jason Todd dlc.

Edited by BenderTheBatman
  • Thumbs Up 1

The PC version of Arkham Knight might be a mess at the moment, but here's one awesome reason to get it!

• Thumbs Up 2

That brings new found humor to the running joke where Alfred tries to tell people who discover Batman's secret that he is Batman

You know, I haven't played this(have only played city), but you guys know what I see as a missed opportunity in all of this series? the ability to replay the game as any of the playable characters. There are only a handful of small elements that are only doable by one character, and it would really spice the game up and force you to take a different approach in certain segments

You know, I haven't played this(have only played city), but you guys know what I see as a missed opportunity in all of this series? the ability to replay the game as any of the playable characters. There are only a handful of small elements that are only doable by one character, and it would really spice the game up and force you to take a different approach in certain segments

I know. Like how would you manage to cope with Nightwing's lack of gliding ability. 

Also more dual play would have been awesome. There's so little of Batman/Robín gameplay and so little with Catwoman and the only challenge using this gameplay involves Batman/Nightwing

• Thumbs Up 1

Update 1.05 goes live on PS4.

http://gearnuke.com/batman-arkham-knight-patch-1-05-now-live-download-size-revealed/

• Stability Fixes.
  • New Feature: Photo Mode.
  • New Feature: Force original voice-cast option for non-English territories.
  • Support for August additional content.
  • Updates for WB Play and Downloadable Content.
  • General gamplay, graphics, audio, UI and localization fixes.

Hopefully this fixes some of the many glitches. I've come across a few lately which I have uploaded:

Update 1.05 goes live on PS4.

http://gearnuke.com/batman-arkham-knight-patch-1-05-now-live-download-size-revealed/

• Stability Fixes.
  • New Feature: Photo Mode.
  • New Feature: Force original voice-cast option for non-English territories.
  • Support for August additional content.
  • Updates for WB Play and Downloadable Content.
  • General gamplay, graphics, audio, UI and localization fixes.

Hopefully this fixes some of the many glitches. I've come across a few lately which I have uploaded:

I hope they didn't fixed these ones cause they're funny

I think we all have the same thing on our minds in regards to DLC.

When is Scooby Doo coming!?

tumblr_ms7tfiPyBr1qko4x4o1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

Another PC mod. This time you play as Game Director, Sefton Hill.

I've finally been able to play the Redhood dlc which is now available to Season Pass holders. 

Much like the Harley Quinn dlc it's laughably short.

There are only three fights (one of them is a predator encounter). The story; basically Redhood fights with guns and kills everyone. The final fight with Black Mask is a reasonable challenge, I guess. 

So far the best story dlc is Batgirl. 

Arkham Insider Episode 7:

First look at the August Season Pass dlc; 1989 Batmobile and Batman skin and race track.

We now know more about what's coming in September:

Additionally, Warner Bros. has teased some of the content that should be expected in September:

• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1 (Sept. 1): Receive six AR challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman. This challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.
  • GCPD Lockdown (Later in Sept.): Set after the events of Arkham Knight, play as Nightwing to stop the Penguin from breaking out of the Gotham City Police Department in this story pack.
  • 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Pack (Later in Sept.): Inspired by the 2008 movie 'The Dark Knight’, confront foes with the Tumbler Batmobile and race through two themed tracks.
  • Original Arkham Batman Skin (Later in Sept.): Fight the war against Gotham City with the original Arkham Asylum Batman costume.

I hope GCPD Lockdown is a decent length. Especially because it's the first post-Arkham Knight story pack and you play as Nightwing! So it better be awesome :D

Still nothing on the PC port. It seems like the patch that they were aiming for release in August won't be happening, and the PC community is starting to break down and leave this game. It's a shame, I'll probably not get this anytime soon unless I pick up a PS4.

Still nothing on the PC port. It seems like the patch that they were aiming for release in August won't be happening, and the PC community is starting to break down and leave this game. It's a shame, I'll probably not get this anytime soon unless I pick up a PS4.

I thought they said that the issues wouldn't be fixed until September?

I thought they said that the issues wouldn't be fixed until September?

They specifically said they were targeting for a August release but now not only does it seem unlikely but it looks like they won't say anything about it anytime soon

I don't know Klonoa, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I mean, usually when these companies say "August" they really mean "the last week of August". Also, it seems that the Steam page now has it slated for the fall which could put it anywhere from September to mid November sadly. I realize the concern and anger coming from other pc users but... to be honest... I'd rather them release a kick ass port that the fans deserved from the beginning than them rushing out another half-assed attempt that is somewhat more playable now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know Klonoa, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I mean, usually when these companies say "August" they really mean "the last week of August". Also, it seems that the Steam page now has it slated for the fall which could put it anywhere from September to mid November sadly. I realize the concern and anger coming from other pc users but... to be honest... I'd rather them release a kick ass port that the fans deserved from the beginning than them rushing out another half-assed attempt that is somewhat more playable now.

True, but I feel like that the communication between the PC players and rocksteady/WB Games is really poor. You really need to keep the community in stitches, try to be reasonable, offer something as an apology, anything that won't make them feel like they are seriously left in the gutter. At this point, I don't think many care about the PC port anymore, with horrible PR and lack of communication that would keep things alright.

• 2 weeks later...

A patch popped up today, and then got suddenly removed. Regardless, those who have installed the patch say it fixes tons of the problems Arkham Knight had. We could very well have the port we're waiting for in a bit. It was probably pulled due to still not being finished :/

The fact that WB Games is still not bringing any communication on this is really baffling though

http://kotaku.com/arkham-knight-pc-patch-briefly-appears-and-early-repor-1728346453

Arkham Knight PC Patch Briefly Appears, And Early Reports Are Promising

Arkham Knight PC Patch Briefly Appears, And Early Reports Are Promising

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the first three Arkham games.  Your move, WB Games.

Incidentally, supposed Arkham Origins is the worst in the series?  I'm not sure I understand why?  I didn't really have a problem with it, though I feel it did remove a few of the innovations presented in City.

Edited by Tara

I thought if it was the story and glitches that were the problems. I never played it personally, though it looked kind of underwhelming to me, though I just got done playing arkham city when I started checking out the game.

I'm not sure entirely what was wrong with the story, but then, I kind of didn't care for ANY of the stories of the Arkham series.  I mean, they weren't bad, just a bit monotonous for my tastes.  But yet, Arkham Origins has some of my favorite writing for the Joker and I feel, despite the lack of Mark Hamill, it actually captures the spontaneity and insanity of B:TAS Joker through dialogue and actions a lot better than Asylum and City did.  Of course, it also does continue the tradition of Killer Croc being extremely anticlimatic and ineffectual throughout most of the story, but I've grown used to that disappointment.

As for glitches, the only thing I remember being particularly glitchy is the final fight with Bane.  Like, seriously, he would often continuously attempt to walk through a wall... and sometimes he would even succeed.  Sometimes he would be facing AWAY from me and still grab me from behind.  But that was the only section of the game that I remember having those problems with.  Bearing in mind that I haven't played through all the side-missions or anything yet, so maybe that will change my outlook.

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the experience, though, and felt that despite going backwards (namely the lack of other playable characters in the story mode) on some points, it was actually stronger in enough points to balance it out to make it an okay successor.  For example, Gotham City is a lot more interesting to explore than it is in City, in my opinion, and the atmosphere that is given off from it tends to remind me more of Burton's Batman than Nolan's Batman.  Alfred having a more prominent role was also nice to see, with some actual drama between the two of them, which kind of breaks up the monotony of the story's overall gritty atmosphere.  It's also nice to see Barbra prior to her becoming Oracle, though this being a prequel is just another way of saying I'll never have a Batgirl game with similar gameplay to this.

I feel the main problems stem from the voice acting, namely of Batman himself, the DLC costumes not being very pleasing aesthetically (with the main batsuit not being that great, either, but I digress), and the unnecessary changing of weapons and previous gadgetry.  Everything else feels pretty much as it did in Arkham City, which might be a point of contention in and of itself.

Edited by Tara