Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Batgirl does have her own campaign in Arkham Knight if you ever get it.

Edited by Kuzu the Boloedge

Batgirl does have her own campaign in Arkham Knight if you ever get it.

Only a campaign, though.  On a game that WB is adamantly doing their best to keep from patching.

Still, glad to hear she has something at least.

Only a campaign, though.  On a game that WB is adamantly doing their best to keep from patching.

Still, glad to hear she has something at least.

Not that it means much in the long run, but as of now, Batgirl's it's the longest DLC campaign in AK. :U

Not that it means much in the long run, but as of now, Batgirl's it's the longest DLC campaign in AK. :U

Which is great, too, I mean, but I'm saying I wish she had a whole game, since I don't think she ever has before and because she's probably my favorite superhero.  I'm not trying to take a shot at Arkham Knight or say they're not doing a good job with her or anything.

Which is great, too, I mean, but I'm saying I wish she had a whole game, since I don't think she ever has before and because she's probably my favorite superhero.  I'm not trying to take a shot at Arkham Knight or say they're not doing a good job with her or anything.

Nah, I get you, the Arkham series has been overall hellbent on making sure only Batman and Batman is playable for a long time, and AK's DLC are really short to the point it feels like they're just tests to see if the different gameplay styles would work in a future game.

However, considering this is supposedly the last main Arkham game, I don't see why they can't expand the universe by making games based on other members of the BatFamily, which honestly would be the best way to continue this franchise instead of reviving it with another main Batman game.

Nah, I get you, the Arkham series has been overall hellbent on making sure only Batman and Batman is playable for a long time, and AK's DLC are really short to the point it feels like they're just tests to see if the different gameplay styles would work in a future game.

However, considering this is supposedly the last main Arkham game, I don't see why they can't expand the universe by making games based on other members of the BatFamily, which honestly would be the best way to continue this franchise instead of reviving it with another main Batman game.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping because the core gameplay has so much to be expanded upon and the in-game universe has so much lore and world-building that there's still a lot they can work with, even outside of Batman himself.  I'd love if they continued with the line, even if it doesn't go by the naming convention of Arkham Whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
Just played and beat the "GCPD Lockdown" dlc in Batman Arkham Knight. Just like the other story dlc's it's too short. You can beat it in 15 minutes. Basically it's just three fights (one predator encounter) with enemies. That's it. About the same length as the Harley Quinn & Red Hood dlc. 

The Batgirl dlc (which was made by the WB Montreal and not Rocksteady) is the best story so far.

The next story dlc is "Catwoman's Revenge" against Riddler. I live in hope it's a decent length. 

Wondering if anything good will come out of the season pass? Well, let's see what the WB forums have to say:

We are pleased to say we are now able to provide a roundup of all remaining Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass content, as well as all the new features and content for everyone post launch.

Seaon-Pass-Mosaic_v4E.png

Below is a summary of this content broken down by the month it will be released:

OCTOBER

• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack
    • Batmobile Track #1: Batcave Set
    • Batmobile Track #2: Penguin’s Dockyard
    • Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin
    • Classic TV Series Robin Skin
  • 1970s Batman Themed Batmobile Skin
  • Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3
    • AR Challenge: Chemical Reaction
    • AR Challenge: Stage Fright
    • AR Challenge: Cauldron Speedway TT
    • AR Challenge: Guardians
    • AR Challenge: Precinct
    • AR Challenge: Vertigo
  • Free Updates
    • Character Selection in AR Combat Challenges
    • Optional Hard difficulty in AR Combat and Batmobile Combat Challenges

NOVEMBER

• 2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile Pack
    • 2016 Batman v Superman Batman Skin
    • 2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile
  • Wayne Tech Pack
    • Track #1: Proving Ground
    • Track #2: Waynetech Loop
  • Arkham Episode: Catwoman’s Revenge
    • Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
  • Arkham Episode: A Flip of a Coin, starring Robin
    • Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
  • Arkham Episodes AR Challenge Update including maps from GCPD Lockdown
  • Robin and Batmobile Skins Pack
    • Robin Themed Batmobile Skin
    • Original Tim Drake Robin Skin
  • Riddler Themed Batmobile Skin
  • Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4
    • AR Challenge: Clockwork
    • AR Challenge: Credit Crunch
    • AR Challenge: High Flyers
    • AR Challenge: Quarantine
    • AR Challenge: Wild Cat
    • AR Challenge: Divine Intervention
  • Free Update
    • Character Selection in AR Invisible Predator Challenges

DECEMBER

• Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion
    • Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
    • Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
    • Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
    • Mission: Shadow War (Ra’s Al Ghul)
  • 2008 Movie Batman Skin
  • Original Arkham Batmobile
  • Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #5
    • 6 TBC AR Challenges

ALREADY RELEASED ARKHAM EPISODES

• A Matter of Family
  • Red Hood Story Pack
  • Harley Quinn Story Pack

ALREADY RELEASED AR CHALLENGES

• Financial Crash
  • Deconstruction
  • Assault on GCPD
  • Teen Titan
  • Cat’s Conundrum
  • Newton’s Cradle
  • High Interest
  • Uncontainable
  • Sky High
  • Feline Frenzy
  • Armored Assault
  • Flying Grayson

ALREADY RELEASED SKINS

• Batman Flashpoint Skin
  • 1989 Movie Batman Skin
  • Arkham Origins Batman Skin
  • Iconic Gray & Black and Batman Skin
  • 1990s Catwoman Skin
  • 1970s Batman Skin
  • One Year Later Robin Skin
  • Original Arkham Nightwing Skin
  • Original Arkham Batman Skin

ALREADY RELEASED BATMOBILES AND RACETRACKS

• Prototype Batmobile
  • 1989 Movie Batmobile
  • 1989 Movie Batmobile Track #1: Cobblepot’s Causeway
  • 1989 Movie Batmobile Track #2: Joker Parade
  • 2008 Tumbler Batmobile
  • 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Track #1: Ashes
  • 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Track #2: Cataclysm

ALREADY RELEASED NEW FEATURES

• Big Head Mode (Free Update)
  • Photo Mode (Free Update)
  • Force Original Voice Cast option to allow users to play with original cast but localised subtitles (Free Update)

Coming in November we have the awesome Batsuit AND Batmobile from the highly anticipated movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This will be available to everyone, with Season Pass owners getting exclusive early access.

2016.png 

Additionally, in response to the requests from the community, we’ve worked with our friends at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Comics to bring the 2008 Movie Batman Skin to players in the December pack.

Finally, also in December, we’ll take you back to 2009 with the Original Arkham Batmobile, which will be available to drive on race tracks and conditional free-roam around Gotham City just like the other downloadable Batmobiles.

AR Challenges are one of the most popular features in the community, and we’ve been working to make our game better by implementing player feedback wherever possible. Thanks to fans telling us what they want, we’ve added Character Selection for AR Challenges. We’ve added support for this in combat challenges in October, and we are working on this for Invisible Predator maps ready for November. We’ve also heard you ask for round-based AR combat Challenges and these will be added into the mix from October onwards, along with the ability to select Hard difficulty to remove counter icons and get bigger score bonuses. We’ve heard you wanted more interior locations, so these have been added and will continue to be used in upcoming maps. Finally, some players found the blue walls around AR Challenges to be a little distracting, and if you’ve got the latest patch you’ll see we’ve significantly reduced this effect to increase the immersion.

There are two more Arkham Episodes coming in November. Catwoman’s Revenge puts players in control of Catwoman as she sets out to infiltrate the Riddler’s HQ as the final humiliation in their encounter. A Flip of a Coin, sees Robin dealing with the aftermath of Batman’s disappearance and hunting down Two-Face. The three post-launch Arkham Episodes are all roughly the same duration and are intended to be short, narrative vignettes that give a sense of what has happened to each of these characters after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. We’re also converting these environments into new challenge maps to give more replay value to these packs.

In December, the Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion will appear in your Gotham City, with each one approximately the similar length as the Most Wanted missions in the main game. Mad Hatter is playing a sinister mind-game with Batman, and GCPD’s finest are the pawns. Killer Croc has escaped from his maximum security cell and is wreaking havoc on a crashed airship. The League of Assassins has returned to Gotham City, but what is their motive and who is in charge? And Mister Freeze may be closer than ever to completing his life’s work… but at what cost?

Thanks for reading right to the end! It’s a relief to finally be able to take the lid off what we’ve got coming up on Batman: Arkham Knight for the rest of 2015, and it’s great to have this awesome community along for the ride. Thanks for letting us know what you think. This game wouldn’t be the same without you.

From the team at Rocksteady

How can they write so much and yet still have so little to offer? Besides some predator missions and that Season of Infamy pack... there's not a lot for me there. I'm not impressed by the look any of the character 'stories' they've released so far, so I'm not looking forward to any of those. The only significant addition seems to be Season of Infamy's Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Ra's Al Ghul and Mr Freeze missions, but will they feel substantial? I feel sorry for any Season's Pass holders... People really need to stop buying them.

Edited by Pawnkin

Oh yay, more disappointing 20 minute DLC packs. 

I am so glad I didn't get the Season Pass.

So much talk of dlc, and yet so little word on when they're getting around to fixing up that travesty of a PC port.

Priorities much,  Warner Bros. ?

So much talk of dlc, and yet so little word on when they're getting around to fixing up that travesty of a PC port.

Priorities much,  Warner Bros. ?

They've already announced that the PC version is getting rereleased this month.

I know about that. I'm referring to how they're prioritizing the distribution  of information regarding the two topics.

Not to mention the fact that we haven't been given a precise date,  let alone more than just apparent issue mentioned that this patch should supposedly fix.  In times like these,  being as informative as possible is integral to maintaining potential consumers' trust,  and WEB'S PR concerning the PC port had been rather poor so far. 

Sigh,  I know about those. It might just be me not being my usual optimistic self,  but concerning how colossal a disaster the port was in the first place,  I still feel that the amount of info shown so far,  doesn't quite yet signal a proportionate fix. 

I could be wrong (and I certainly hope I am).

But as of now,  consider my faith no where near sealed on the matter. 

Edited by Oerba Dia Vanille

Considering, near enough every piece of DLC has been roughly £1.50 each here in the UK, it makes me glad I didn't purchase the Season Pass and can just pick and choose the DLC I want at my own discretion. But I've enjoyed all the DLC episodes so far, despite lasting roughly 20 - 30 minutes. Obvious downside being that they are short and I wish they could be longer and/or have the character as an option to use in Gotham. 

Wonder is WB will keep making more Batman games while Rocksteady makes their next big game.

Besides that, didn't they also say that the PC port would be fixed and returned to stores in "late September?"

Like, until it actually returns to Steam, I'm not holding onto any hopes that they will actually deliver.

• Thumbs Up 1

This should be good compensation - if you buy Arkham Knight on PC before 11:59pm PDT, November 16th 2015, you'll get:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
  • Batman: Arkham City GOTY
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
  • The Community Challenge Pack DLC
  • Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items

Which I honestly think is pretty cool of WB.

The "Community Challenge Pack" (which isn't out until January), whatever that is, had better be good, because otherwise, this is weaksauce. They should be giving away their crappy DLC for free, not old games that most fans probably own already.

Edited by Pawnkin

store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

phoenix-sweating(a).gif

Urgh , so far reception overall based on the comments highly suggests that even having been supposedly patched,  this game suffers terrible symptoms of porting optimization failure. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm uploading Gameplay footage of it later, but here are the current things I've noticed.

-Despite the Shitty optimization, the original unstable version of the game has never crashed on me once. This did for me about once.

-I'm actually now getting up to 60-90 fps rather than 50-70 fps, which is good but doesn't fix the constant framerate dips that happen.

-It doesn't help that using something like Lolio Game Recorder decreases the fps by 20 and it's a lot more of a pain to play because of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So this still isn't a very good port I take it? Golly, Warner, you're on a roll!

As for the compensation, at least they are doing something, I will give them that. 

So even after the patch, it's still broken?  In-freakin'-credible.  And as mentioned, the incentives for buying the game now are rather weak to put it mildly.  I already have all those games, minus Blackgate because it doesn't really look worth a second glance, and the TF2 stuff is cool, but not worth buying a game that is still broken.

Honestly, I feel like this release was much less an attempt to bring the game back to Steam and more WB's attempt at making some quick money while doing little work.

Also, I'm reading some reviews that say the Batmobile portions of the game aren't fun?  That's really a shame, because I've been hoping that one of the games would finally let us use the bat vehicles.  It would have made traveling in City and Origins a lot less tedious.

• Thumbs Up 1

So even after the patch, it's still broken?  In-freakin'-credible.  And as mentioned, the incentives for buying the game now are rather weak to put it mildly.  I already have all those games, minus Blackgate because it doesn't really look worth a second glance, and the TF2 stuff is cool, but not worth buying a game that is still broken.

Honestly, I feel like this release was much less an attempt to bring the game back to Steam and more WB's attempt at making some quick money while doing little work.

Also, I'm reading some reviews that say the Batmobile portions of the game aren't fun?  That's really a shame, because I've been hoping that one of the games would finally let us use the bat vehicles.  It would have made traveling in City and Origins a lot less tedious.

The moments where you use the Batmobile for say, solving puzzles are enjoyable, but it's combat and chase sequences are really meh tbh. Grappling across building to building is still a much faster method, partly thanks to the new abilities you get.