Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Also, I'm reading some reviews that say the Batmobile portions of the game aren't fun?  That's really a shame, because I've been hoping that one of the games would finally let us use the bat vehicles.  It would have made traveling in City and Origins a lot less tedious.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the roads in Arkham City and Arkham Origins, way too awkward with a mixture of wide roads that become narrow and linear. It definitely wasn't built with vehicles in-mind. 

But Origins DID have a fast travel. Wasn't very useful but least it was something. 

So even after the patch, it's still broken?  In-freakin'-credible.  And as mentioned, the incentives for buying the game now are rather weak to put it mildly.  I already have all those games, minus Blackgate because it doesn't really look worth a second glance, and the TF2 stuff is cool, but not worth buying a game that is still broken.

Honestly, I feel like this release was much less an attempt to bring the game back to Steam and more WB's attempt at making some quick money while doing little work.

Also, I'm reading some reviews that say the Batmobile portions of the game aren't fun?  That's really a shame, because I've been hoping that one of the games would finally let us use the bat vehicles.  It would have made traveling in City and Origins a lot less tedious.

The batmobile is fun when its used for solving puzzles and when its for driving around (the riddler challenges are pretty great for this, especially the races) but you spend a good chunk of time in it just fighting enemy drones in the game that don't vary much and they don't really do much to make them all that interesting to fight outside of some negligible upgrades you can get for the batmobile which offer some variety but not terribly much since you'll probably only use one or two depending on the situation. If you like tank combat this will probably be a good thing for you since the game likes to throw a bunch of them with really large numbers at you (especially later on in the game) but if you don't you'll just have to grin and bare it, if there is one silver lining though, its that they're all fairly easy and that they don't demand much on the players side in order to complete them. My advice is to upgrade the batmobile moreso than batman since it'll make things alot easier for you and speeds the process up if you do have some trouble with them but need a little extra oomph to get past them.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the roads in Arkham City and Arkham Origins, way too awkward with a mixture of wide roads that become narrow and linear. It definitely wasn't built with vehicles in-mind. 

But Origins DID have a fast travel. Wasn't very useful but least it was something. 

I think you're taking my remark a little too literally or "as is" or whatever.  Nowhere did I say that either game was ready made for vehicle play, just that accommodating the overworld design for vehicles would have been significantly more interesting and more fun to traverse (if programmed right, naturally) than the current system that makes use of a slow and monotonous gliding that frankly just isn't fun to use for prolonged periods of time.

And I'm aware of the fast travel in Origins.  Except being forced to watch the same pre-rendered cutscene whenever you wanted to quickly transition to a different district is infinitely less fun than, you know, actually doing something, especially since it takes a noticeable (though not terribly long) while to load anyway.  Either way, it's irrelevant because that addresses a different problem: That the distance between districts was too long in Origins, and thus took forever to travel from point A to point B, when my complaint was in regards to the tedious nature of doing so.  Even with the quick travel, or at the least the way I used the quick travel, traversing Gotham became boring and routine pretty quickly, especially if you wanted to use a DLC skin, since the Batcave is, as far as I see, the only place to change costume and of course the game always reverts back to the default bat suit upon start up.

tl;dr, I think the traveling mechanics could use a lot of retooling.  Not just in speed, but in actual activity.

Edited by Spooky Scary Skeletaras
  • Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I think the gliding in every arkham game is the best form of transportation out of any open world I've seen. Sure, it does get a bit repetitive after a while (especially if you run into a corner of the city that doesn't have too many ledges to grapple onto) but I honestly found it more enjoyable than not in every game to have it.

As for the PC version of Arkham Knight... yeah, what's left to be said at this point. This is beyond embarrassing for WB and rude to the fans. I honestly don't understand how a professional team wasn't able to get this shit proper in 4 months when it was running on something as commonly placed and optimized as Unreal 3. I won't say that giving out every Arkham game for those who've purchased it was a bad move by any means but just a rather half-ass one. Seriously, they should have run a survey or something because I'm pretty sure that everyone who brought Arkham Knight already has the three previous games (because who the hell honestly cares about blackgate?). This is just all around laziness on the entire team's behalf. They really do deserve the shit pc gamers are giving them on steam now at this point.

The moments where you use the Batmobile for say, solving puzzles are enjoyable, but it's combat and chase sequences are really meh tbh. Grappling across building to building is still a much faster method, partly thanks to the new abilities you get.

Gonna have to disagree with you here man. I honestly found the batmobile to be a much quicker method in getting around. Started to notice it when I was going after the riddler trophies that required me to race across the city in a short time. The thing shaved 15 seconds off any time I could even hope to get while gliding.

I guess I'm just one of the few who actually love the batmobile. The only problems I can ever put against it are the last few tank battles in the game and even then I've gotten the combat down to a science where I have little to no trouble with them now. I can see where a lot of people find problems with it but most of them are easily dealt with by just leveling it up. It's 's just a cool new feature that I enjoy driving around in (seriously though, driving around in it is fun and gorgeous to watch).

Though, take everything I say with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who rushed to pre-oreder the batmobile edition of this game...

and no, I'm not still bitter about that getting canceled... I got the game and something else in the end...

t53wiu.jpg

vroom

• Thumbs Up 2

I think you're taking my remark a little too literally or "as is" or whatever.  

Maybe your just taking my comment too sensitively? I'm only stating the obvious ;) It's called contribution to a topic, thought that's what forums are all about, but whatever :P

One thing I could never wrap around my head was why Arkham City/Origins couldn't utilize a vehicle of any kind. Not a Batmobile, but maybe like a Bat Boat, Bat bike or maybe a Bat wing to traverse manually. I mean it's weird when a Batman mobile tie-in can utilize more than one vehicle in it's hub world and the big budget gaming title with proper respective talent behind it can't. 

Looking at you Dark Knight Rises...

tdkr_scn28_1.jpg

So the PC port wasn't fixed after all. That's awful, obviously. But, I could've SWORN EA.....I mean, WB said they fixed it! They even made some improvements they said.......right?

We asked Digital Foundry to take a quick look at the game as it stands - the results suggest that Batman: Arkham Knight today has seen no further improvements from its interim patch back in September.

The only noticeable changes were the addition of support for add-on and season pass content.

............WOW

• Thumbs Up 7

Maybe your just taking my comment too sensitively? I'm only stating the obvious ;) It's called contribution to a topic, thought that's what forums are all about, but whatever :P

Did I say otherwise or...?

Honestly I just think they're giving up on it. To fix the whole port they'll have to do the whole thing from scratch, and they probably don't want to do it.

I'm done with Arkham Knight. I finished the game, I thought it was Okayish, but I'm 100% glad I didn't spend any money on this game (friend's copy).

So are they going to remove from the store page again or...?

Yeah, I'm about ready to give up on this game.  I want to play it, but I can't believe what a trainwreck it's become, not just because the game (and subsequent patch) are such terrible messes, but because the PR surrounding it is horrible at best and insulting at worst.  Like, at least Sonic '06 was only bad once.

Edited by Tara

at least I could beat sonic 06 thanks to my system specs I can't play it at all without a newer graphics card and dispite whatever WB says I can't get a refund on it from my gamestop so unless I find a way to refund it its not only stuck on my steam account,can't play it at all and i also lost 60$ that could have been spent on anything else and i'm also stuck with a game disk that can't even install it without wifi!

So now that I've finally finished the first three Arkham games, I wanted to share my thoughts on all of them.  Before I do, I just want to say that obviously these are all the best Batman video games ever made, so even with the problems I may list, I'm going to try to keep my thoughts relatively self-contained and not by comparison to other Batman games.  Not like we have a particularly expansive repertoire from which to compare.  Anyway, let's naturally start with the beginning.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (GOTY Edition)

I don't know what the difference between the GOTY and standalone versions of the game, and I don't really care since I have the GOTY version and that's all that matters.  Anyway, it's a good game.  The combat is smooth and free-flowing, the gadgets are fun to use, the and the plot is okay.  What I like about this game is that even though it uses somewhat realistic-looking aesthetics, the game still has an animated-looking vibe that is colorful as opposed to oversaturated with grays and black.  Even in that, though, the music, the characters, and everything still has a very cartoony vibe that I like in a comic book movie.  It sort of gives off a Tim Burton feel to it, rather than a Nolan feel.

The problem with this game compared to the others is that its weak points are much more glaringly obvious, but I mean, first of its kind and whatnot so I guess I can't be too critical.

One weak point that sort of bugs me is the way the gadgets are introduced one at a time in a very lock-stepped manner.  The way they're introduced leaves more questions than answers.  For example, why does Batman have explosive gel in the truck of the Batmobile?  Isn't that dangerous?  I mean... but anyway, I hate when games lock-step you like that.  It gives you less time to experiment at your own leisure and makes the gadgets more circumstantial than useful.

Another weakness I feel the game sort of has that is more me me than the game would probably be the way the combat system works.  I mean, on its own merits, it's fine, but my expectations were a little bit different than what we ultimately got.  I feel like the combat system is very boxed in.  Even when the goons have guns and long-range weapons, the way the game handles combat feels more like a fighting game than a platformer/adventure/stealth action game.  This isn't bad per se, but it certainly makes the combat feel limited and like a separate portion of the game.  Take, for example, how in Sonic Unleashed, when you enter a fight, there are borders placed around the perimeter of the "fight zone," making it so you have to complete the fight within this specific area before moving onto the platforming sections.  While the borders aren't as blatantly obvious as in Sonic Unleashed, the way the enemies are positioned, and how the game prohibits you from leaving an area until you've defeated all of them, really makes the combat feel segmented as opposed to part of the overall experience.  This contrasts with other games like Splinter Cell where you find enemies as you progress but are still free to roam about.  In addition, the way the enemies are placed and react, are more akin to platformer/stealth game as opposed to a fighting game, so it feels cohesive as opposed to derivative.

Speaking of Splinter Cell, I was kind of disappointed that the game had a very small focus on stealth.  I mean, stealth is mainly limited to stealth sections and even at that, they're mainly limited to stealth for the sake of not being shot at it, as opposed to stealth as a mechanic.  During the stealth phases, it feels more like it's about disappearing in enough time as opposed to remaining completely invisible.  If an enemy detects you, there's no real sense of threat, because you can beat them up and then go into hiding.  It makes these sections repetitive and kind of disempowering.

Even though Arkham is a pretty expansive facility that's fun to explore, it does often give a "boxed in" feeling and becomes a bit droning quickly.  Even when you finally go outside, there's still this feeling of being trapped in one area that sort of runs throughout the course of the game.  So it's probably a good thing that this is the shortest of all the games, too.  What also gets me is how linear everything feels.  It's hard to explain, but it feels like everything you do is by the book as opposed to invented by your own design.  You're free to explore, but when you want to progress, you have to do it one way or not at all, and it just makes exploration for anything other than trinkets like Riddler trophies and little Easter eggs less than rewarding.

There are plenty of other little annoyances, but they're mostly minor and more personal to me than to other people probably, but where the game really falls apart is the boss fights.  For one, they're all the same minus the last one.  Second, they're just not fun.  They all involve the same routine and that routine just gets stale after awhile.  This especially problematic when they build it up as something new and different each and every time.  The final boss fight is a little better, but is so time-based and monotonous that it really falls flat. (And fuck Killer Croc's stage.  I hate that one so much =X)

Overall, Arkham Asylum is a great game, but definitely one that falls victim to some frustrating design choices.  It's evident that it was more a proof of concept than anything else.

-------

Batman: Arkham City

The game pretty much expands upon everything that Arkham Asylum did and builds new mechanics on top of that.  Combat feels a lot smoother, but still has the unfortunate feeling of segmentation that was prominent in the first game.  Stealth mechanics have also been improved, namely with the implementation of the Knock-Out smash that makes silent takedowns a lot quicker at the expense of being louder.  It's not ideal, but it's better than how Arkham Asylum would basically leave you to die if you were caught with your pants down.

Gone is that "boxed in" feeling as well, for Arhkam City is not only huge, but it's wide and open and every area feels noticeably different than the last.  I really feel like I'm exploring a full city.  At times, this can be an actual problem, however.  Especially when collecting all those Riddler trophies.  But for the most part, it's just great.  I really like how Arkham City looks.  Like, I can recognize the city as part of Gotham City, as opposed to just being Anywhere, USA.  Distinctive billboards and signs on/around buildings, architectural design, and little touches here and there really do wonders in giving the world a solid identity and ensure that the expansive city doesn't all look the same where you go.

The plot has a lot of hiccups, but is overall a lot more fleshed out and a lot more complex compared to the basic and sort of easily-resolved plot of Asylum.  It does, however, tend to lose a lot of its animated flavor.  I don't know why, but it stops feeling comic book-like, even though it still has all the same writing and voice acting and awesome orchestral scores from the first game.  But it's not as bad as... the next game, in that regard.  But I'll get to that when the time comes.  Unfortunately, the side missions sort of feel a little... too much like they were written as just that.  As "side" missions, nothing to really enhance the plot, just something to waste your time on.  The Riddler challenges are hugely improved from the first game and is definitely the best and most satisfying of all the side mission.  But Deadshot, the Mad Hatter, etc. all feel sort of tacked on and go down pretty much without a fight.

Where I think the game sort of takes a step back is with graphical presentation.  While it's better than Asylum on a technical level, I feel like this game is sort of oversaturated with washed out looking colors and it just looks bleak.  I suppose that is the atmosphere it was trying to evoke. but it's still largely unpleasing to me.

The additional playable characters are a nice touch, but they all feel like they were kind of tacked on, particularly Nightwing who isn't playable in the story at all.  I'm glad the game included them, as they're all fun to use, but I do wish they had a more notable presence in the actual story.  I also wish Catwoman was a little easier to use, but she's not too bad.

The additional character costumes are also great and are really fun to use.  The only problem is that some of them just don't mesh well with the environment surrounding them.  The animated Batman suit, for example, would be nice if instead of just making select characters look like an early GameCube era game, that they actually made an attempt to mesh the animated look of Batman with the look of Arkham City.  Instead, they all just pop out so much, which might be the charm for some people, but to me is just distracting and takes away from enjoying the additional suits as an enhancement to the game as opposed to just a side bonus.  My favorite to use is probably the Year One bat suit, because it has most of what I like in a bat suit while fitting into the actual environment relatively well.  What makes these costumes interesting is that not only do they change the suit you're wearing but they also change the Batman you're playing as.  The Dark Knight Returns suit, for example, will make Batman wider and more elderly, as he was in that novel.  The animated suit will make you look more akin to Bruce Timm's Batman, and the list goes on.

On a closing note, I like that you begin the game with pretty much everything you had in Arkham Asylum, leaving the game plenty of room to expand.  It still locksteps you a little so as not to alienate new players, but veterans of the previous game probably won't feel frustrated that they won't have access to something that requires a certain gadget, since they'll have it as soon as they don the bat suit.

Overall, I can definitely see why this game is considered the best in the series.  It improves upon everything the first game did and expands to make a long and interesting experience that truly immerses you in the Batman mythos.  It's great.

----------

Batman: Arkham Origins

So I was warned that this game was the worst in the series, and after finally beating it, I can see why people might say that, but I feel that a lot of that stems from expectation versus reality.  I feel like this game is a lot better than Asylum (unfortunate problems aside, which I'll get into in a minute), as it retains a lot of the elements that Arkham City improved upon, but what makes the game considerably weaker is that it doesn't really improve upon anything from Arkham City.

I do feel like the presentation is a tad better in this game, visually.  There are lots of splashing colors everywhere.  The actual plot sort of feels like it's trying to give us more of a Nolan feel to it, which isn't my cup of tea, but I know some people really liked those films so I'll say no more on that.  But whatever your preference for Batman aside, the plot is pretty weak in this game.  For starters, the character interactions would be nice, particularly between Bruce and Alfred, if not for the fact that 60% of the game is devoted to them just acting like assholes to each other.  Like, seriously, 80% of the game is characters bickering and complaining and it's just not fun to watch.  I don't recall a single moment of comic relief, save for the Joker's dialogue.  It's just so monotonous.  But to make matters worse, the plot doesn't go anywhere.  There are several instances throughout the game where it leaves us on a cliffhanger, which wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that this is a prequel.  It's not supposed to leave us in suspense for what comes next, it's supposed to explain what happened before, and no, none of these cliffhangers are ever answered in Arkham Asylum, so we're just sort of left hanging.

The combat system is pretty much the same as every other Arkham game, but it's considerably nerfed once you get the Shock gloves.  They also take the opportunity to reintroduce the same gadgets to you, except relabeling a lot of them.  Namely the glue grenade is just the ice grenade from City.

Then you have Gotham City, which is visually pleasing, but stretched out to the point where it becomes monotonous to travel through.  And as I've mentioned in this thread before, I know about the quick travel, but a game shouldn't be encouraging me to skip it.  Being forced to play the game more should not be considered an effective punishment for not unlocking certain things.  This really would have been the perfect time to introduce vehicle play, but they didn't, sooo... fuck.

The voice acting really grates on my nerves, too.  Now, I've mentioned on this site before that Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman for me, so naturally I'll be disappointed with anyone taking his place, but Sonic the Hedgehog's Roger Craig Smith's take on Batman is so generic that it makes Batman boring.  On the other hand, Troy Baker's Joker is about on par with Mark Hamill's and I wouldn't mind him being on standby if ever Mark Hamill is unable to reprise his role.  And yet, if Lego Batman is anything to go by, Troy Baker would also have actually been a better Batman than Roger Craig Smith, so I really felt like it would have been a lot better if he had been voicing both Batman and the Joker.

The boss fights are a lot more frustrating than in Arkham City, but I felt that unlike Arkham Asylum, they were at least actual boss fights.  So there's that.

And yeah, the game is riddled with glitches, some of which are fatal.  I didn't notice any until after beating the game first time, however, when I suddenly started falling through the floor constantly.  The final fight with Bane is also just littered with problems.  Bane somehow manages to grab me, despite facing the opposite direction, and it's just... agh.  This game needs a patch, too.

The DLC "Cold, Cold Heart" is pretty good, but it's ridiculously short.  But what gets on my nerves with it is how much they build up excitement for the extreme environment suit, only for it to be the exact same thing as your normal bat suit, except with (again) relabeled gadgets.  There's no difference between the thermal gloves and the shock gloves, for example, aside from name and the effect that comes out.

Speaking of DLC, I really hate the default batsuit.  It looks like so commando and weird to me... and honestly, the DLC batsuits aren't much better.  I don't think I like any of the batsuits in the game.  I can sort of tolerate the New 52 Batsuit, but all the batsuits just look so bad to me.  They're not game-ruining, just... not fun, I guess.

I get why this game is considered the worst.  It's an incremental installment, as opposed to a fully-fleshed sequel, but that doesn't really bother me.  I mean, even the glitches as bad as they are aren't frequent enough to bother me except when they do happen.  It's definitely not an awesome game, but it's an all right enough game for me.  My main complaint is that it really overstays its welcome.  I was on the game for months and only recently finished it enough to talk about it.  I usually like when it game takes awhile to beat, but I feel like this game just took forever and became a chore after awhile.

------

Batman: Assault on Arkham

This isn't really a game, but I thought I'd briefly mention the animated special to tie Origins into Asylum.  Long story short, it's basically anime villain fanservice and not much more.  Some people might enjoy that, but I thought it was lacking materialistically.  I just didn't like it.

--------

So yeah, overall the series is great.  I'm curious as to how a non-broken Arkham Knight plays, but that will probably have to wait some time before I ever get around to playing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

So....you didn't play Arkham Origins: Blackgate? I mean, it doesn't add much to the Arkham-verse other than

the forming of the Suicide Squad,

but I found it really enjoyable for a 2.5D Batman experience

Edited by Scott

So....you didn't play Arkham Origins: Blackgate? I mean, it doesn't add much to the Arkham-verse other than

Hidden Content

but I found it really enjoyable for a 2.5D Batman experience

Nope, I didn't bother with it and don't really plan to.  It doesn't look terrible, but it doesn't look remarkable, either, and most reviews tend to pretty much echo those thoughts.  So I'm pretty content with just the main titles for right now. =P

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like WB Montreal (the studio behind Arkham Origins) are working on two AAA games based on "expanding the DC Comics universe".

http://batman-news.com/2015/12/01/wb-montreal-dc-comics-games/

Interesting. I'd be up for another Batman game and one based on the Suicide Squad.

as much as I'm having a bad experience with arkham knight on pc at the moment i'm looking forward to more games though this time I think i'll avoid pre-ordering

Looks like WB Montreal (the studio behind Arkham Origins) are working on two AAA games based on "expanding the DC Comics universe".

http://batman-news.com/2015/12/01/wb-montreal-dc-comics-games/

Interesting. I'd be up for another Batman game and one based on the Suicide Squad.

I assume one of those games is the possible Superman game that was rumoured. This image made the rounds...

wb-superman-game-leaked-screenshot.jpg

It's definitely got a similar menu system to the Arkham games. I also assume the other will be a Batman/Suicide Squad game going by what Warner Bros. Montreal were trying to set up with both Arkham Origins games

I honestly would prefer Rocksteady handling a Superman game. WB Montreal was working with a pre-established formula with Arkham Origins, something a Superman game would definitely lack.

Not really to be honest. Use Arkham assets >> Re-skin buildings >> Make metropolis map >> Re-skin batman into superman >> add flying ability. If they aren't given a chance to develop a game for themselves, how will they ever get better? 

If Rocksteady were to make another DC game, I'd rather they tackle something different like Green Arrow, Flash or maybe Green Lantern

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta say I'm liking the idea of another possible Arkham game and a game with the Suicide Squad. Though, a part of me would love to see an extended Arkham game of sorts that has the Suicide Squad as the main villains (combing the two possible titles). I don't know, there's just something about that in scale that just seems like a really cool idea that they could pull off. Maybe switching between the viewpoints/gameplay styles of both Batman and the Suicide Squad as events progress in the game. Sort of like the animated movie honestly.

Also, I wouldn't look past a Superman game if it had the same drive to Superman that Arkham Asylum brought to Batman. Though, I can't really say much as to what that drive should be as Superman has always been a strange property to get right in any medium. I mean, having a character with the powers equivalent to God is a writing and gameplay nightmare honestly. You basically have to explain the fuck out of any difficulty they may encounter. Especially when you have a character that has been seen to do this...

8jcDYev.gif

That being said, I think I would kind of like to see Montreal tackle the Suicide Squad and new Arkham games while Rocksteady takes on a Superman game. I know this is all just purely speculation at this point as we don't even know for sure if Rocksteady will continue work with DC properties but if they were to, Superman is the likely step to take after Batman. I understand the want to see Montreal take on something completely new but I honestly don't think Superman is the property for that. Also, it's not like making another Arkham game dooms them to the same situation they were in with Origins (where they could basically only make an Arkham City 2.0 given the time and resources they had). They should be given enough time here to make their own true addition to the series. Plus, there's still a lot you can do with the franchise. There are decades of material from the comics that they can fall back on. They can bring in ideas to make something really new while building on the solid combat we've come to expect.

Add in the fact that they can still go balls of the walls with the Suicide Squad game and I don't think Montreal would be in the same situation at all. Though, those two games could really be anything so everything I'm saying now could mean nothing later.

I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but he deserves a good game for once, since he's still largely associated with his several failures in the video game market.

If they do decide to make another Batman game, though, I'd like them to focus on some other characters within the Batman universe.  There's such a diverse array of characters, so it's frustrating that so many of the games pretty much boil down to just Batman versus the Joker.

Just give me a game where I can play as Red Hood! He was the most fun character to play as out of all the Arkham Episodes :P Or better yet, gimme a game, call it something "Batman: Grayson" and let me play as Dick Grayson Robin in a lengthy story. We barely got to see Dick as robin, except in a multiplayer mode for Arkham Origins

• 2 weeks later...

December's DLC is released on 22 December 2015. Hopefully makes for a nice early Christmas Present.

Wrapping up the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass DLC this year, the December 2015 content drop will happen on December 22.

Detailed a couple of months ago, here’s what you can expect on December 22:

Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion

• Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
  • Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
  • Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
  • Mission: Shadow War (Ra’s Al Ghul)

Other Content

• 2008 Movie Batman Skin
  • Original Arkham Batmobile

Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #5

• 6 TBC AR Challenges

Developer Rocksteady says

They add:

Mad Hatter is playing a sinister mind-game with Batman, and GCPD’s finest are the pawns. Killer Croc has escaped from his maximum security cell and is wreaking havoc on a crashed airship. The League of Assassins has returned to Gotham City, but what is their motive and who is in charge? And Mister Freeze may be closer than ever to completing his life’s work… but at what cost?

The next Batman: Arkham Knight update arrives ahead of the December 22 content drop and it will include the Classic Harley and Arkham Knight skins for everyone.

"each mission in the Most Wanted expansion is roughly the same length as the Most Wanted missions in the game."

This appears to indicate the Most Wanted Missions will be longer than the previous story packs. Let us hope.....

Season of Infamy Insider:

Looks like you access these additional Most Wanted missions in the main story. So they are not technically separate story dlc like Batgirl or Nightwing's story.