Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

235793_ps4_aa0rb0.png234531_pcw_asmofs.png235449_xb1_ajaptq.png

Grand Theft Batman

Does "only DVD compatible" perchance mean actual physical discs so I don't have to waste huge chunks of data space on my Laptop at long last?

Yikes, no PS3/360/WiiU version?

I mean, most likely i will buy a PS4 someday, but for now i have to pass on this title. Sadly :(

By the way, do you recommend buying a 360 controller for Arkham games or just playing them via keyboard? I've never played them on PC before, and since Wii U's getting the usual unfair third party shaft, it looks like I might just have to settle for the PC version, since I don't have money freed for a PS4 and television here at college.

YouTube version

Well I can't say it looks bad, just doesn't interest me too much. Especially since Origins was just a few months ago. And they are making it painfully obvious that Bruce will die at the end, either for real or another fake death.

Oh hey, Harley Quinn doesn't look as shitty as she did in the other two games.

Here's a better look at the suit, found on SuperheroHype:

Yca6PZ4.png

I have to admit it looks a little strange. I like armored Batsuits, and after the Noel one they tend to be my favourites to play with in the three previous games. But this seems a little too techy. It's cool looking for what it is, but I was hoping for something more modest.

The detachable cape looks interesting though.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not coming to Wii U. Oh well, another reason to get a PS4 then. If those are in game graphics, then I can see why it's not coming to Wii U, it wouldn't be able to run it. Heck, it couldn't run Arkham City/Origins that well. So all in all, it's pretty understandable why it's not being ported down.

Also, DRIVABLE BATMOBILE YEEEEES! The design looks cool, I would love some clear shots so I can make a LEGO version.

Does "only DVD compatible" perchance mean actual physical discs so I don't have to waste huge chunks of data space on my Laptop at long last?

It means it's only compatble with DVD drives. You still have to install it.

Yeah I'm not going to get all that hyped until I see gameplay. I mean, the premise has me excited but I'm not going to get super hyped until I see it in action, so a CGI trailer isn't all that hype-worthy. 

and since Wii U's getting the usual unfair third party shaft

I don't see how this is unfair. It's a game that's built for more powerful hardware, and it would probably be impossible to port down. It's not Rocksteady giving Wii U the shaft, it's Rocksteady building a game for more powerful hardware that the Wii U simply can't handle. What wouldn't be fair is the game being held back from it's full potential in favour of making a Wii U version.

Not coming to Wii U. Oh well, another reason to get a PS4 then. If those are in game graphics, then I can see why it's not coming to Wii U, it wouldn't be able to run it. 

I think we know the real reason why it's apparently not coming to Wii U, and it doesn't have to do with the untapped potential of the Wii U's power.

I think we know the real reason why it's apparently not coming to Wii U, and it doesn't have to do with the untapped potential of the Wii U's power.

It's not just poor console sales, it's what I said before; Not powerful enough. If we are truly getting a full scale Gotham City where you need a turbo charged Batmobile to get around, with graphics that are probably that of (or close to) the trailer, then a Wii U version is out of the question. It's not as if Rocksteady wants to be unreasonable, and it's not their fault that the Wii U isn't as powerful as the other systems. It's also not coming to Xbox 360 or PS3, so it's not as if the Wii U is alone in this.

What wouldn't be fair is the game being held back from it's full potential in favour of making a Wii U version.

When we get a trend of companies actually pushing the Wii U to its limits instead of just producing versions gimped even in comparison to last-gen consoles, and actually realize that people don't like settling for sloppy seconds, I might be more inclined to agree. Still, I fail to see how a game would be kept from its full potential for the simple crime of making an actual effort on the WIi U rather than just opt to doom it and blame consumers.

If we are truly getting a full scale Gotham City where you need a turbo charged Batmobile to get around, with graphics that are probably that of (or close to) the trailer, then a Wii U version is out of the question. 

Right, just like how the Wii U supposedly couldn't handle CryTek 3 or DirectX11.

AT worst, we'd probably just get less stuff showing up and a slight decrease in textures from present evidence's standpoint.

And what source are you vying from anyway?

I hope it's not one of the debunked statements.

Not to make this the Wii U thread, but the Wii U is technically the weakest of the trio and with the highly expansive limits they have with the tech of PS4 and Xbone to create a fully realised and visually impressive Gotham beyond that of Origins, it doesn't make sense to limit themselves for a console without the sales to back up the reason to do so. Just my two cents.

• Thumbs Up 3

As a Wii U owner, I'd rather them not hold back or hand me some half assed version of the title. Go all out. I'll get to playing it one of these days.

Exactly what I was getting at. They could make a Wii U version, but it would be heavily watered down and...well....it would be crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised we are getting it in 2014, so soon after Origins - yeah I know Origins was done by WB and it's been three years since Arkham City was released. I was thinking of getting a PS4 in 2015, but I might be bringing that purchase forward biggrin.png

Whilst the idea of driving the Bat-mobile sounds good, there have been Batman games in the past which had Bat-mobile gameplay and turned out to be complete shit. I want to be in control of Batman all the time. A vehicle isn't needed. I trust Rocksteady so there is no reason why they can't make the Bat-mobile fun. It would be neat if you could control a vehicle like the Bat Plane 'Diecast' in TDKR.

I just want the gameplay to be at least as good as the previous games.

I wager there will be a few references to the Joker in Arkham Knight. The Joker is dead, isn't he.......................

Exactly what I was getting at. They could make a Wii U version, but it would be heavily watered down and...well....it would be crap.

Well that's a guarantee if the usual lack of effort is a factor. Otherwise, it might actually be just as good as it's PS4 and Xbox counterparts.

Well that's a guarantee if the usual lack of effort is a factor. Otherwise, it might actually be just as good as it's PS4 and Xbox counterparts.

They would have to water it down to port it to Wii U. This would probably mean a vastly smaller open world, inferior visuals, and probably gameplay issues even then.

They would have to water it down to port it to Wii U. This would probably mean a vastly smaller open world, inferior visuals, and probably gameplay issues even then.

TAS2 game is coming to wii-u, and its not being watered down, the fact is that it all depends on how much time and effort is being used, and the politics as well

• Thumbs Up 1

The key word being "probably" not "certainly". With all the debunking going around, not to mention the fact we haven't even seen the game outside of cutscenes, there's no sturdy observation, factual, let alone visual proof to suggest the Wii U couldn't run a version on par with PS4 and Xbone.

Granted, there's always the chance Rocksteady or someone might just pull another "Armored Edition" with Arkham Knight and release a later version with all the DLC shticks included again. Albeit on the Wii U it might look slightly less detailed and not cram as many models into the scenery as the PS4/PC version.

I do find it ironic how people say that the Wii U needs third-party support and exclusives, yet they'll chastise efforts to do such more often than not.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm also pretty sure that niether if the Arkham games on Wii U did well, thus the reason for cancelling Origins' DLC. Why go through the time and expense to put your game in a system where it won't sell much?

• Thumbs Up 2

Arkham City: Armored Edition definitely sold pretty well, hence the Wii U having access to Origins.

And of course, there's bout of fulfilled prophecy cycle; the pattern of third parties robbing the Wii U versions of potential and features, thus repelling the Wii U's consumer base, guaranteeing lower sales in the first place.

ANd Arkham Origins sold decently on the Wii U. The reason WB pulled the plug on the Wii U's DLC was because of apparent low demand for the DLC itself from the Wii U audience as documented here: http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/31/5363644/warner-bros-pulls-wii-u-batman-arkham-origins-season-pass-support