Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Last I heard, Origins didn't do that well on Wii U. Thing is, this will almost definitely have a bigger budget than Origins.

Anyway, I'm going to change the subject since I don't want this turn into an argument. I really like the look of the new Batmobile, it's kind of like a cross between the Tumbler and a sports car. Looks really cool when standing still and when in motion.

TAS2 game is coming to wii-u, and its not being watered down, the fact is that it all depends on how much time and effort is being used, and the politics as well

And if this game's at least as big as, and on par with Arkham City,  Wii U won't/shouldn't see any (il)legitimate downgrades on those terms either, considering how it handled Arkham City.

TASM2 is cross-gen though. That's really a different story to a game that was built for the new consoles (There was a rumour last year that Rocksteady's next Batman game would be next gen only).

Last I heard, Origins didn't do that well on Wii U. Thing is, this will almost definitely have a bigger budget than Origins.

So, Nintendo, needs third party, but anything big budget should just avoid like the plague and starve it's user-base more, unless they can scrap up a weakened port, pretty much fueling the tormenting cycle so people can have a recyclable arsenal of reasons to screw the Wii U over. No thanks.

For once, I'll have to commend SEGA and company, heck even some of Capcom's latest endeavors; for not exactly following the standard leader's example and actually giving their Nintendo products notable attention and care, and recognizing that actual effort bolsters the chance of success rather than playing it safe and then blaming the consumers for your own lack of effort or mistreatment of a game.

TASM2 is cross-gen though. 

Insufficient excuse. Word says it would have to get watered down, but it actually didn't. And these days, actual sturdy visual proof confirming all the "Wii U can't do this or that" blabber, has yet to show itself.

Things sure are looking really Nolan right now.

Not really a complaint though, since I've got a reaaaally soft spot for those movies. Also, hype via Batmobile, although honestly I'm not expecting that much greatness from the game itself than the story. It'll win GOTY awards anyways, watch.

But yeah, hype for the story. The CGI won me. Also, Two Face looks awesome.

I wonder how big Gotham will be in this. No doubt massive, considering you need the Batmobile to get around. Also, who's voicing Batman in this?

Ooh, I hope it's Kevin Conroy again!

I'd be fine with Roger Craig Smith again but nothing can beat Conroy so I would like him back if possible. 

I wonder how big Gotham will be in this. No doubt massive, considering you need the Batmobile to get around. Also, who's voicing Batman in this?

We know it's Kevin Conroy, although it hasn't been officially confirmed. Conroy by accident confirmed some time ago that he was working on a new Batman game, which is obviously Arkham Knight.

RGS was good in Origins, but Conroy is the master!

• Thumbs Up 1

Gaf has all the news on the game collected. I can't copy and paste it here but here's the thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=779120&page=1

Apparantly a new villain is called the "Arkham Knight" and he's basically the anti Batman.

Also, Gotham is 5 times larger than Arkham City with no load time at all. Wow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a little bit disappointed that this isn't coming to Xbox 360 since I don't own any next gen consoles, but I'm sure this will shape up to be amazing work by Rocksteady once again. I'm very happy Scarecrow is being used as the main villain, and I'm really hoping Hush will be used as well. Just please don't bring Joker back, okay? The most I'll accept is a fear gas hallucination, and that's it.

I'm really digging Batman's darker redesign, and Penguin looks to have gone in an interesting change of pace. I'm a little disappointed that Harley has reverted back to something similar to her Arkham Asylum outfit, I really loved her new Wardrobe in Arkham City.

But yeah, this seems fun and I'm getting slight No Man's Land vibes, but I'm not sure if it will end up topping City. Hopefully we'll be able to fully explore Gotham this time around.

-The larger riots can have up to 50 people flipping cars and looting stores.

There's just so much juicy info on Neogaf, but riots are one thing I'm particularly happy to see. Having thugs just standing about, chatting, got pretty dull by the end of City (once you'd heard the same banter a couple of times), let alone Origins.

Also, big close-up of AK Harley for anyone who's interested:

1393963278-harley-quinn.jpg

As per Wraith's post:

Release date 14/10/2014:

LRHsG32.jpg

Originally Posted by MiamiWesker

• Last Batman game for Rocksteady, will work on something totally new next.
  • There will be a brand new villain, something made by Rocksteady that they say will be the ultimate test for Batman
  • Batmobile can be called at any moment with a button.
  • The city streets are much wider to allow for the batmobile. You will rocket jump off ramps and do all sorts of cool maneuvers.
  • You can eject jump out of the batmobile right into a super fast glide straight through the glass of a building to knock out enemies. They said glass breaking will be a big new thing.
  • New moves include being able to use all your gadgets during flight. You now have a counter throw where you counter a guy and throw him into another guy. A new quick ground takedown. A quick backflip where you then throw a batarang in an enemies face.
  • For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.
  • Riddler challenges seem to be car based. The first one has you enter a sort of Riddler race track where you have to activate walls and ramps, when you activate one another closes so as you drive you have to be constantly turning on and off these ramps as you navigate the course.
  • Batmobile fires missles and stun guns. It destroys anything it touches so if you bump into cars the cars go flying. It's basically unstoppable.
  • Story is that after Joker's death all the criminals decided to work together and their plan comes together this night where they plan to kill batman. The article talks mostly about Scarecrow, he scattered bombs throughout Gotham.
  • Oracle will play a larger role, you get to visit her base and talk to her, tons of batman easter eggs included.
  • Kevin Conroy is Batman, all the previous voice actors are back.
  • Gothom City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.
  • They spend a bunch of time talking about how detailed the models are, one character has more polygons than the environment of Asylum.
  • Batman will start off with the old batsuit and upgrade at some point in the game.
  • It says it is running on their modified Unreal engine.

Originally Posted by Ephemeris

- All quickfire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Combat tweaks (note: Not enough time to go over these in detail. for example, you can throw by tilting left towards the opponent and hitting counter)
- did I mention the screenshots are gorgeous?
- Arkham Knight isn't just the name of the game.. it's also the name of the [new] villain.
- Fear Takedowns. ie, burst out of grate, action slows down allowing you to target another goon for another attack and so on. Can be used on groups up to 3 as long as they're close enough together and no one has already spotted Batman.
- They seem to try to tackle the old school Arkham issue of "open door - black screen loading"
- The game looks gorgeous. Huge.
-"This is a single-player game. There is no multiplayer."
- You can launch into a fast glide from the Batmobile just like the trailer.

Originally Posted by WordsintheWater

-No more pre-rendered cinematics everything is done in engine
-The larger riots can have up to 50 people flipping cars and looting stores.

Characters
-Things such as Gordon's trench coat and Batman's cape now have Apex cloth physics. They react realistically to changes in wind and movement
-When it rains rains bead of water run down Batman's suit tracing every groove
-The wrinkles on Gordon's face crinkle as he talks

The City
-The city is as detailed as ever with realistic moving clouds with the moon shining through
-Halloween characters and balloons litter the street adding a creepy vibe
-Neon signs of the various shops shine brightly around the city
-The skyline has helicopters and blimps flying through it 
-Steam puffs out of the sewers in a realistic way

Also, Gotham is 5 times larger than Arkham City with no load time at all. Wow.

And this is why it's probably not coming to PS3/X360/Wii U. Plus the enhanced graphical capabilities via the new hardware on next gen - which I'm sure they still haven't even truly got their nails into fully. Nice stuff. Though this whole debate will have to wait till we see the actual game in motion and how it looks.

Trailer looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing how this shapes up.

So if I get this on PC, will the presence of a disk at least alleviate some amount of space that it would normally take up on my laptop were I getting this from Steam? And does this mean I finally won't have to life the resolution to avoid lag please?

Wow, this game sounds amazeballs. My dad wants me to assemble some furniture for the new rooms in our house, so I guess I have a way to earn that PS4.

So if I get this on PC, will the presence of a disk at least alleviate some amount of space that it would normally take up on my laptop were I getting this from Steam? And does this mean I finally won't have to life the resolution to avoid lag please?

No, unless this game doesn't use Steamworks for DRM (which is what arkham games switched to after GFWL was shut down), you'll probably still have to install the whole game. And if you're laptop had trouble with previous arkham games, this one will probably be worse given the larger world.

No, unless this game doesn't use Steamworks for DRM (which is what arkham games switched to after GFWL was shut down), you'll probably still have to install the whole game. And if you're laptop had trouble with previous arkham games, this one will probably be worse given the larger world.

Oh I've never played Arkham games on my laptop before.

Check System Requirements Lab to see if the previous ones will work. This one is vastly bigger though.

System Requirments Lab? What's that?

Can it tell if and how much lag I might get too? So far, all the games I've gotten have been able to run on my laptop, just with lag unless I lower the resolution.

It's a website that scans your specs and sees if you can run the game.

I gotta use that thing sometime. I'm underestimating my computer every game I play.

I was just looking at another article about the announcement of Arkham Knight. It pretty much confirms the same info.

It also mentions that: 

Nolan North will play Penguin (for the third Arkham game), Wally Wingert will play Riddler (for the fourth time in the series), Tara Strong Charley will play Harley Quinn (as she did in City and Origins) and Troy Baker will play Two-Face (as he did in Arkham City. He also played Robin, Tim Drake in City and of course The Joker in Origins).