Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Why did they even bring that shit back in City? Unlike Asylum; City gives you an infinite amount of mooks to beat the shit out of if you need EXP. The only practical use the ever had was free exp.

I hate this kind of bullshit in games.

It's not like you have to do Riddler's sidequest, it's totally optional in all Arkham games unless yo like extra XP, info on Batman Lore, and for 100% the game.

They could make the Riddler into an actual boss or make the collecting of the Riddler trophies more rewarding. Like for every twenty trophies or riddles, you get a Riddler quest.

Can't get no better then Kevin Conroy, my second pick would've been Jason O' Mara.

I do love Roger Craige Smith but I didn't really like his Batman role that much in Origins, i mean all I heard was Chris Redfield. 

Why did they even bring that shit back in City? Unlike Asylum; City gives you an infinite amount of mooks to beat the shit out of if you need EXP. The only practical use the ever had was free exp.

I hate this kind of bullshit in games.

The riddler trophies encouraged exploration and required some basic puzzle solving skills to pick them up, I hardly see how they have no use. Going back after beating the game and having hundreds of things still to find at least expands the game and gives you something to do.

And if you don't like them, fine, it's not an essential part of the game and you can ignore it...don't see the problem...

• Thumbs Up 2

There's other ways to encourage exploration other than collectathons.

instead of the shitty trophies, just increase the amount of riddles, or fuck, make secret boss fights, anything but Super Mario 64: Lame Edition

If the Riddler trophies will return, I just hope that coming across them won't be such a hassle to look around for like it was in City with the vertical distance you could hardly make out in the outside area's.  One thing I really didn't like about City is how some of the sidequest progresion just initiated randomly instead of scripted, like the Deadshot and Hush ones, or at least that's what I understood from it.

I'm saying it right now, there will be 1000 Riddler trophies in Arkham Knight tongue.png

Seriously the game will be five times larger than Arkham City so I wouldn't be surprised if there are that many. 

The whole idea of searching for trophies and solving riddles to find the others is really cool. It's like a permanent side quest which feels like part of the main story.

I just hope we don't get the bullshit Riddler trophies in Arkham City, where there were 40 you had to get by performing certain combo/moves. Not only does that not make sense, why on earth would Riddler award Batman trophies for performing certain combos and moves? Also, some of those combos/moves are so hard to perform - and can't actually be done until you finish the main story - that as a result it takes forever to get all 400 trophies to unlock the final confrontation with Riddler. Fortunately if you had the Catwoman dlc you had an additional 40 Riddlers trophies to find, so you could ignore the combo/trophies in order to get the 400.

Whilst I like the addition of New Game Plus mode in Arkham City (and Origins), due to the number of Riddler trophies I kind of wanted to be able to play through the main story again for a third time (in a row) whilst getting the last hard-to-find trophies. Otherwise searching for the trophies can get kind of boring.

I am hoping that Riddler will be part of the main story in Arkham Knight and not just a side quest like in the previous games.

I really want Riddler trophies provided they follow the design decision of Arkham City by having mooks respawn inside locations with brand new dialogue related to whatever's happened since you were there last. I think you had to go back through the Museum at least three times in City, but every single time there was more flavor dialogue about the villains and Batman's accomplishments - not to mention a lot of really funny mook jokes. The 60's Batman references made by the museum mooks related to the big freakin' shark in the tank got a big kick out of me.

I also genuinely enjoyed the Riddle trophies that were actual death traps with Riddler reacting over the radio to how Batman escapes them. I only think there were two of those in City (the ones in the sewer where Riddle counts down from you taking the trophy to the trap activating), but they were great. More of those please.

EDIT: On that note, is there any way to escape the trap with the electrifying floor without using the tightrope upgrade? That Riddler always accuses of you cheating (which is totally in-character) always has me wondering if there was a second solution...which may be the point, come to think of it.

Edited by Emmett L. Brown

Arkham related to an extent: For this weekend, there's a 75% off Batman Franchise STeam Sale\

header_292x136.jpg?t=1382035811

Released: Mar 26, 2010

Experience what it’s like to be Batman and face off against Gotham's greatest villians. Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island.

-75%
$19.99
$4.99

header_292x136.jpg?t=1382040302

Released: Sep 7, 2012

Get Batman: Arkham City and all DLC for one low price with the release of the GOTY Edition!

-75%
$29.99
$7.49

header_292x136.jpg?t=1396002874

Released: Oct 24, 2013

Batman™: Arkham Origins is the next installment in the blockbuster Batman: Arkham videogame franchise. Developed by WB Games Montréal, the game features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before...

-75%
$39.99
$10.00

header_292x136.jpg?t=1384280848

Released: Nov 12, 2013

Customize Batman™ and Robin with these exclusive skins! Included are: Red Son Batman™ Blackest Night Batman™ New 52 Graphic Batman™ Batman™: Noel 1st Appearance Batman™ One Year Later Robin The Batman™ Skins can be used in the story campaign upon...

-75%
$4.99
$1.24

header_292x136.jpg?t=1386091981

Released: Dec 3, 2013

If you own the Batman™: Arkham Origins Season Pass, DO NOT purchase this content here as you will be charged again. Travel back to the days before there was a Batman™ and take control of a young Bruce Wayne as he completes his martial arts training.

-75%
$6.99
$1.74

header_292x136.jpg?t=1385491033

Released: Nov 26, 2013

Customize Batman and Robin with these exclusive skins: - Earth 2 Dark Knight - Long Halloween Batman™ - Batman™: Dark Knight of the Round Table - Thrillkiller Batman™ - Earth 2 Batman™ - Classic Tim Drake Robin Batman™ Skins can be used in the story

-75%
$4.99
$1.24

header_292x136.jpg?t=1385491476

Take on Gotham City's most notorious criminal kingpin in the Black Mask Challenge Pack. Unlock two all-new Black Mask-themed challenge maps: Lot Full and Hidden Facility.

-75%
$1.99
$0.49

header_292x136.jpg?t=1383146008

Released: Oct 24, 2013

Enhance your ARKHAM ORIGINS experience by purchasing a season pass today! Gain access to new challenge maps, two Skin packs, and an epic new story campaign adventure.

-75%
$19.99
$4.99

header_292x136.jpg?t=1385491072

The Arkham Origins Online Supply Drop 1 will give you an advantage in Online no matter what team you're on. Get 2 additional clothing items for both Bane and Joker Characters with gameplay enhancing features and the all-new Sawn-Off Shotgun complete...

-75%
$2.99
$0.74

header_292x136.jpg?t=1386699201

Released: Dec 10, 2013

The Arkham Origins Online Supply Drop 2 will give you an advantage in Online no matter what team you're on. Get 2 additional clothing items for both Bane and Joker Characters with gameplay enhancing features and the all-new Light Machine Gun...

-75%
$2.99
$0.74

header_292x136.jpg?t=1381439357

Released: Sep 29, 2008

When all the villains in Arkham Asylum team up and break loose, only the dynamic duo is bold enough to take them on to save Gotham City. The fun of LEGO, the drama of Batman and the uniqueness of the combination makes for a comical and exciting...

-75%
$19.99
$4.99

header_292x136.jpg?t=1354900695

Released: Jun 22, 2012

Legends Unite! The Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the...

Also, I must ask, would Origins be worth a purchase?

It's apparently good, but nothing special. At $10 though, it looks like quite a nice deal.

Anyway, I've decided that I will pre-order Arkham Knight when I get my Ps4 (hopefully summer). I won't pre order now, just in case something happens.

£7.50 for Asylum AND City?! Consider it bought. Don't really care for Origins though.

Actually, Asylum's only $ 4.99/€ 3.6153 .

Origins is decent but its horribly buggy and glitchy. I've had to restart my game several times while playing because I would encounter a game breaking bug.

1) FPS randomly dropping until I restarted

2) FPS dropping to 2FPS making the game unplayable

3) Enemies not spawning, bosses glitching.

4) Button to "talk" to NPCs not appearing

etc

Origins is decent but its horribly buggy and glitchy. I've had to restart my game several times while playing because I would encounter a game breaking bug.

1) FPS randomly dropping until I restarted

2) FPS dropping to 2FPS making the game unplayable

3) Enemies not spawning, bosses glitching.

4) Button to "talk" to NPCs not appearing

etc

Which is why I hope the Mr Freeze dlc is bug free. Since WB decided that giving us dlc was more important than fixing the main games issues.

apparently only the PC version is bugging out still. 

Which is why I hope the Mr Freeze dlc is bug free. Since WB decided that giving us dlc was more important than fixing the main games issues.

Unlikely. The glitches remaining are mostly engine-related. The DLC will most likely run off the same engine.

I hate that you can't upgrade whatever skills in any order in Origins, you have to follow a tree.

Sucks cause I wanted to get all the Special takedowns and free flow combat stuff right in the beginning. I also hated having to do things like Gotham Protector and Worst Nightmare things just to unlock certain skills.

So much annoyance just to get the upgrades I want.

Also I just hate how lazy they got with the Wii U version compared to Arkham City which made great use of the Gamepad, also it had higher volume too cause in Origins, you can't barely here anything the grunts are mumbling in the distance or other things on comm.

What I did like in Origins through was that you can upgrade more of your gadgets like triple Batarang and also the triple counter. Also Bane was really awesome in the game too compared to the past games and I like the new enemy types with the Venom thugs, Martial Artist and those Enforcers.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought Arkham Asylum from the sale. Really enjoyed City, so I thought I'd play the first. Hopefully my laptop will run it though.

Snagged myself Arkham City for the PC.

You converted it into Euros.

Asylum is £2.49 and City is £4.99.

Wait, you don't do it in euros? What currency is that then?

I bought Arkham Asylum from the sale. Really enjoyed City, so I thought I'd play the first. Hopefully my laptop will run it though.

It's going to feel stiff. City changed so much from it.

Oh well, it'll be interesting to see what's changed in City compared to Asylum. That, and I really want to play the whole series. :)

Asylum's pretty good, but compared to City it'll feel awfully confined.