Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Asylum is much more of a Metroidvania style of game. I actually prefer it to City too as it's more focused, City kind of had all these new ideas but they weren't implemented as tightly.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, you don't do it in euros? What currency is that then?

We use Pounds in the UK. The rest of Europe uses Euros.

So I decided to buy Origins, along with the Season Pass and Black Mask DLC. I didn't want to regret missing it on sale considering how expensive it was before the sale. I just hope that I can have a relatively bug free experience with it. Battlefield 4 was my last straw with buggy games...I just don't have the tolerance anymore.

Rumour:

"A possible Batman: Arkham Knight story and game detail has been leaked.

Best Buy tweeted out on March 30 that Bruce Wayne’s son could feature as a playable character in the game.

In the comics, Bruce Wayne had a son, Damien, with Talia al Ghul, the daughter of his mortal enemy Ra’s al Ghul.

Ra’s League of Shadows assassins trained Damien in his childhood years to be a killer. After a rough start, Batman/Bruce Wayne would help rehabilitate him as the fifth Robin, and eventually, Damien would replace his father as Batman.

There is a possibility of Damien appearing in Arkham Knight because Talia hinted in Batman: Arkham City that Bruce Wayne and her got intimate one night in Metropolis.

The Damien-Bruce, “father-son” theme would also not seem out of place, going by the Arkham Knight trailer. The last will of Thomas Wayne is read via voice-over narration, and it suggests that Bruce Wayne has to live up to his father’s legacy.

Read in another way, Thomas’s last will could very well apply to Damien if he features as Robin. In that scenario, it could be that Damien/Robin has to emulate his father, the legendary Batman, in devoting his life to Gotham City.

Damien could also feature as the Arkham Knight, a new villain with an unknown identity that takes on Batman in this Batman installment.

The Damien as Arkham Knight theory, however, is tenuous, as Rocksteady Studios has said that the Arkham Knight is an original character. Further, Damien might be too young at this point of the Batman: Arkham saga to be an adult."

Would be cool - if unlikely - to play as Bruce Wayne's son. Best Buy probably meant 'masked as Thomas Wayne's son'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

How's it going Bat-brain?

Here's a new screenshot released via twitter

BnsoV1-IAAELZXy.jpg

A very unusually menacing looking for Harley Quinn. I swear that's the first time I've seen her hold a gun in any of the Arkham games.

Looking forward to E3. Hopefully we will see some gameplay footage. I wanna see the Bat-mobile in action.

• Thumbs Up 2

She held a big one in Harley's Revenge.

Oh my, this game is looking better and better! As for Harley looking menacing, I'd expect she would if all the villains in the game are going all out to try and kill Batman. I wonder if Batman will be forced to kill any of the villains in this in order to survive...

Oh my, this game is looking better and better! As for Harley looking menacing, I'd expect she would if all the villains in the game are going all out to try and kill Batman. I wonder if Batman will be forced to kill any of the villains in this in order to survive...

...You do realize this is Batman right or did DC screw that up too?

• Thumbs Up 1

...You do realize this is Batman right or did DC screw that up too?

I know it's against Batman's belief to kill, but what if he kills by mistake or has no other options? I think he might try to kill Arkham Knight in an 'only one can live' kind of scenario. Rocksteady are kind of giving off the impression that the circumstances will be the most dire in the series.

I also had another theory; what if Arkham Knight is a villain, but he's trying to kill Bats because he thinks it's the only way to save Gotham? Towards the end of City, Hugo Strange did say that Batman just encourages the villains of Gotham, I wouldn't be surprised if Arkham Knight has the same beliefs and is trying to kill Batman. Arkham Knight could also possibly be one of Strange's "powerful friends", and is continuing from where Strange left off.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but in The Dark Knight Rises, didn't Batman break Bane's mask and leave him to die? It's been a while since I last saw the film, so I'm not entirely sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only the Tim Burton Batman kills bad guys. I adore those two movies, but the killing thing is a pretty big mythology error.

• Thumbs Up 2

Y'know, and I'm going out on a limb here

For all the dick rubbing Rocksteady shit out about the graphics of the game, I was kind of expecting more.

Granted I played the PC versions of all the games at max settings, but the Screenshots really aren't impressing me in anything other than the faces of the models.

I wonder if my shit rig will be able to run this game after all.

I know it's against Batman's belief to kill, but what if he kills by mistake or has no other options? I think he might try to kill Arkham Knight in an 'only one can live' kind of scenario. Rocksteady are kind of giving off the impression that the circumstances will be the most dire in the series.

I also had another theory; what if Arkham Knight is a villain, but he's trying to kill Bats because he thinks it's the only way to save Gotham? Towards the end of City, Hugo Strange did say that Batman just encourages the villains of Gotham, I wouldn't be surprised if Arkham Knight has the same beliefs and is trying to kill Batman. Arkham Knight could also possibly be one of Strange's "powerful friends", and is continuing from where Strange left off.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but in The Dark Knight Rises, didn't Batman break Bane's mask and leave him to die? It's been a while since I last saw the film, so I'm not entirely sure.

Batman does not kill and if presented an option that he absolutely must have to, he won't do it in order to save lives, he will always go out his way to find a plan B. And quite frankly, it is one thing intrinsic to his character and core(Arkham Origins has him literally stop a man's heart in order to trick the Joker from having anybody get killed due to him not killing Bane. He then started the man's heart up again for, so that is above and beyond how dedicated he is to not killing). There is no reason or justification to have him kill and doing so is nerd simplification on blaming Batman's lack of killing as the reason why Gotham is so fucked when in actuality, if the Gotham Justice system did it's fucking job and killed a lot of these villains through execution or sentence them to actually be rehabilitated, then it would not be a problem. As soon as he starts killing, then a lot of the lore and appeal of Batman just dissipates and he is no different than the Punisher. You don't sacrifice the intrinsic value of a character that has been around for nearly a century for the sake of one story to be made interesting. If you give up that, then why bother even having a point anymore. Killing for Batman is like Krypton to Superman. So thinking he is going to kill in this game is as far-fetched as Spider-man bringing back Uncle Ben.

• Thumbs Up 5

lXaU8UN.jpg

Don't think this one was posted yet. 

I can't wait to see the Batmobile in motion..

• Thumbs Up 4

Batman does not kill and if presented an option that he absolutely must have to, he won't do it in order to save lives, he will always go out his way to find a plan B. And quite frankly, it is one thing intrinsic to his character and core(Arkham Origins has him literally stop a man's heart in order to trick the Joker from having anybody get killed due to him not killing Bane. He then started the man's heart up again for, so that is above and beyond how dedicated he is to not killing). There is no reason or justification to have him kill and doing so is nerd simplification on blaming Batman's lack of killing as the reason why Gotham is so fucked when in actuality, if the Gotham Justice system did it's fucking job and killed a lot of these villains through execution or sentence them to actually be rehabilitated, then it would not be a problem. As soon as he starts killing, then a lot of the lore and appeal of Batman just dissipates and he is no different than the Punisher. You don't sacrifice the intrinsic value of a character that has been around for nearly a century for the sake of one story to be made interesting. If you give up that, then why bother even having a point anymore. Killing for Batman is like Krypton to Superman. So thinking he is going to kill in this game is as far-fetched as Spider-man bringing back Uncle Ben.

I guess. Though it would be interesting to see if he's put in a situation where he or a villain have to die, and he can only pick one, with no plan B.

I'm calling it..

He'll sacrifice himself to save a villain. And that also leads me into speculating that maybe Arkham Knight is trying to kill not only Batman, but the villains of Gotham as well. Maybe he considers Batman just as bad as the Joker anyway.

-------------

Also, a bit of news concerning the character, IMDB has listed Arkham Knights's voice actor as...

tumblr_m9x0p48n9B1ry937io1_250.gif

Christopher Eccleston!

This may be false though, as IMDB is an open source. However, if true....wow, what an unexpected yet great casting choice!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, a bit of news concerning the character, IMDB has listed Arkham Knights's voice actor as...

This may be false though, as IMDB is an open source. However, if true....wow, what an unexpected yet great casting choice!

Three days ago IMDB was listing Jensen Ackles as the voice actor for the Arkham Knight. Jensen voiced Red Hood in Batman: Under the Red Hood.....

So I think IMDB are clutching at straws. I expect the voice actor/actress behind the Dark Knight will be kept a closely guarded secret until the game is released.

I thought the original actor leaked this game by saying he was busy working on the next Arkham game?

That was Kevin Conroy who accidentally confirmed the game, not the Arkham Knight's VA.

Considering the speculation that Batman may die at the end of the game, I personally don't think that will happen, and the main reason is unlockables and collectables. If Batman dies at the end, you won't be able to explore Gotham for Riddler Trophies or complete side-missions after completing the main story, and that part was so integral to Arkham City that I find it extremely unlikely that Rocksteady will want to set up a story where the final villain just stands around playing Tetris while he's moments away from completing his dastardly scheme, just so Batman can 100% everything before the final boss.

In any open world game it's just generally bad design not to have any post-story gameplay at all. I consider Rocksteady above that. I know Asylum didn't have it, but Asylum didn't have any side-missions or optional villains either.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe Arkham Knight kills all of the villains, and with all of the villains dead, Bruce only has small time criminals to fight?

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering the speculation that Batman may die at the end of the game, I personally don't think that will happen, and the main reason is unlockables and collectables. If Batman dies at the end, you won't be able to explore Gotham for Riddler Trophies or complete side-missions after completing the main story, and that part was so integral to Arkham City that I find it extremely unlikely that Rocksteady will want to set up a story where the final villain just stands around playing Tetris while he's moments away from completing his dastardly scheme, just so Batman can 100% everything before the final boss.

In any open world game it's just generally bad design not to have any post-story gameplay at all. I consider Rocksteady above that. I know Asylum didn't have it, but Asylum didn't have any side-missions or optional villains either.

Yeah agreed. I can't see them killing off Batman. Although I could see one of the heroes being killed, like Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Oracle or Robin.

The New-Game Plus modes of City and Origins which gave you the chance to find the rest of the Riddler trophies - whilst playing through the main story again - was a big win for me. In Arkham Knight once you complete normal mode, and then New Game Plus mode (with the harder enemies etc), I would like it designed so that you can then replay New Game Plus mode as many times as you like. So you can start a new playthrough with all your upgrades and all Riddler trophies already collected. Lets face it there will probably be 1000 Riddler trophies to collect in Arkham Knight, so you might want to spread collecting the trophies over more than two playthroughs. I would have preferred to have been able to collect all 440 trophies in Arkham City over at least three playthroughs, because after a while it can get boring searching for dozens of trophies all at once. I would rather collect a few at a time whilst progressing through the main story.

We know we will be able to play as Harley Quinn in Arkham Knight. Whether that will be integrated similar to Catwoman's story in Arkham City, your guess is as good as mine. Harley might be acrobatic (she was in Arkham Asylum) but she can't fight like Catwoman. So what will her gameplay be like? I do wonder if the memory of the Joker will be more or less kept out of the Main story, and only focused on in Harley Quinn's story when you play as her.

After you finish the main story and Batman has defeated all the bad guys, you then play as Harley Quinn and finish cloning the Joker, and thus the Clown Prince of Crime returns! I'm calling it now tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't want Joker to come back from the dead, but I'd be stoked for a cameo of the Joker as part of Scarecrow's hallucinations.

One scene only, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

10401476_547180252069021_502387469577997

Speaking of which, what kind if an ending do you guys think the game will have? I think it'll probably be a sad ending, City had sort of a sad ending with Joker dying.

• Thumbs Up 4