Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

Batman is already depressed and driven throughout Harley Quinn's Revenge, so I'd really prefer for Arkham Knight to have a point where Batman gets a heart-warming pep-talk from Alfred around two-thirds through the game that reminds him of why he does the things he does, so he'll be at his A Game for the finale.

I know they already did that in Arkham Origins, but for all that game's faults they did a fantastic rendition of Alfred and Bruce's relationship.

• Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of which, what kind if an ending do you guys think the game will have? I think it'll probably be a sad ending, City had sort of a sad ending with Joker dying.

I honestly wouldn't rule out Rocksteady having the balls to kill of Batman or have him retire. This is their final game in their Arkham trilogy, so there's nothing to say they aren't afraid to pull some big punches. I'm already expecting tons of character deaths, so Batman accomplishing his goals, albeit with a heavy cost would be a bitter sweet send off that could probably top Arkham City's conclusion.

Really, I think a lot of us know that this isn't the end of the Arkham license. You could easily keep making installments in the time period of Origins, so I don't think Rocksteady has to really worry too much with playing it safe on how the events of their final game unfold.

• Thumbs Up 3

Batman is already depressed and driven throughout Harley Quinn's Revenge, so I'd really prefer for Arkham Knight to have a point where Batman gets a heart-warming pep-talk from Alfred around two-thirds through the game that reminds him of why he does the things he does, so he'll be at his A Game for the finale.

I know they already did that in Arkham Origins, but for all that game's faults they did a fantastic rendition of Alfred and Bruce's relationship.

Bout to mention how iconic it would be considering how chronologically, Arkham Origins is the first game.

New trailer. On my phone so I haven't had a chance to watch it yet -

Edit - Glanced at it. Hard to say much since I'm watching it on such a small screen, but the lighting is amazing. Animations look great too.

• Thumbs Up 7

New trailer. On my phone so I haven't had a chance to watch it yet -

Edit - Glanced at it. Hard to say much since I'm watching it on such a small screen, but the lighting is amazing. Animations look great too.

Oh man this game looks beast! So glad that this game is current-gen and PC only.

Wow, this game looks even more incredible than before! The Batmobile looks like a lot of fun to drive, and I really like how Scarecrow has a bigger role this time. I'm going to have to back Sonic Cycle's statement of it being current gen only. They really are trying to make the game the best it can be to send the series if with a bang, and I really like that.

Watch_Dogs can go fuck itself at this point, this looks like the true definitive next-gen experience. Looks sooooo good! I'm very excited. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just saw the high quality version. The aliasing looks pretty bad - I'm kind of worried they sacrificed Image Quality for fancy graphical effects. Hopefully that gets fixed. If not, then it'll have to really make up for it. 

Apparently the game is being made with Unreal Engine 3, not 4, and UE3 is pretty bad for open world games. As far as this gen goes, we're hardly scratching the surface.

I don't give a shit about the amazing new graphics. Frankly, the game could have less polygons than Arkham Asylum and I'd still love it as long as it's got some innovative new tricks up its sleeve. Would be really awesome if they used that increased processing power to do something that would be impossible on the previous gen consoles without just being a higher definition texture.

Like having way more mooks and civilians in the city at the same time, or being able to fit way more moving props onscreen than before. How pretty/gritty it looks is something that really impresses you for about ten minutes and then your impression adjusts to it and stops noticing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Watch_Dogs can go fuck itself at this point, this looks like the true definitive next-gen experience. Looks sooooo good! I'm very excited. 

So because Watch_Dogs looks worse than this game, it's automatically a bad game?

Would be really awesome if they used that increased processing power to do something that would be impossible on the previous gen consoles without just being a higher definition texture.

Like having way more mooks and civilians in the city at the same time, or being able to fit way more moving props onscreen than before. How pretty/gritty it looks is something that really impresses you for about ten minutes and then your impression adjusts to it and stops noticing.

Rocksteady have already confirmed that they can now put at least 50 enemies in one location thanks to the more powerful hardware. Now that's what I call a decent brawl for the Dark Knight! You will also be able to use more random objects against enemies.

I just want to see some of the actual fighting gameplay. The Batmobile looks like a great addition but the combat with enemies is still the most important aspect. If they get that right there is no reason why Arkham Knight can't be as good if not better than the previous-gen games.

• Thumbs Up 1

So because Watch_Dogs looks worse than this game, it's automatically a bad game?

Nah.

It just kind of lost it's title as the "definitive next-gen experience" that it had for so long. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw the high quality version. The aliasing looks pretty bad - I'm kind of worried they sacrificed Image Quality for fancy graphical effects. Hopefully that gets fixed. If not, then it'll have to really make up for it. 

Apparently the game is being made with Unreal Engine 3, not 4, and UE3 is pretty bad for open world games. As far as this gen goes, we're hardly scratching the surface.

Yes, it's using Unreal Engine 3 but it's a "supercharged version" of the engine. Dunno what they mean by that but yeah.

I don't give a shit about the amazing new graphics. Frankly, the game could have less polygons than Arkham Asylum and I'd still love it as long as it's got some innovative new tricks up its sleeve. Would be really awesome if they used that increased processing power to do something that would be impossible on the previous gen consoles without just being a higher definition texture.

Obviously gameplay matters most, but when all we have to talk about is a trailer with like .6 seconds of gameplay, for a game that's arguably most exciting for being the first major Gen 8 multiplat... it's hard to talk about anything other than the visuals. We can't really talk about what we haven't seen.

...Somewhere, a Wii-U owner resents this statement.

Why would they? He said it was current-gen only. He didn't say that all the current gen was in on it though. Meh.

Anyway, game's looking gorgeous, the mechanics super and innovative; I'll certainly be looking forward to playing this one!

• Thumbs Up 1

Obviously gameplay matters most, but when all we have to talk about is a trailer with like .6 seconds of gameplay, for a game that's arguably most exciting for being the first major Gen 8 multiplat... it's hard to talk about anything other than the visuals. We can't really talk about what we haven't seen.

To be fair, it's a Youtube video with compression and frame rate reduction.

I think YouTube does fuck with the aliasing a bit. Same issue with Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World and (I think) Sonic Lost World, but both look much better in motion.

To be fair, it's a Youtube video with compression and frame rate reduction.

Yeah, I'm holding off any assumptions on the resolution until we get a better video.

> "Gameplay trailer"

> Shows 5 seconds of gameplay, most of it dealing with the batmobile

okay rocksteady

> "Gameplay trailer"

> Shows 5 seconds of gameplay, most of it dealing with the batmobile

okay rocksteady

We'll definitely get more in-depth gameplay at E3, that's generally how these things go. 

Hopefully we get PC requirements too.

I imagine my crappy little rig won't run it, but I've been surprised before.

• Thumbs Up 1

You might like this fan-made video based on Arkham Knight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6uxtaxrvKKk

Mattel - which is an American toy making company - have made this:

"The vehicle comes with an articulated DC Comics™ Multiverse Arkham City Batman™ figure with a fabric cape allowing Batman™ to sit in the driver’s seat!

This product will be available for pre-order at MattyCollector.com on June 24, 2014, to be picked up at San Diego Comic-Con. It will also be available for purchase at the show."

BHG80_001_600x6001.jpg

Also, a video analysis of the recent trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt92r_nUOyQ

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a rumour that LEGO is making a new Ultimate Collectors Series Batmobile. People seem to believe that it will be the Tumbler, but I think it's more likely to be the Arkham Knight one.