Awoo.

Would Sonic's portrayal be different in Shadow the Hedgehog if...

Rey Skywalker-Ren

... he was the one to remind Shadow of Marias wish in Sonic Adventure 2? Ive been wanting to make this topic here for a looong time. But there was a time people were annoy by my Sonic threads so I didnt make it. Now here I am.

For my question... do you think it would be different? I think so! I think Sonic should have been the one to remind Shadow of Marias wish all along. Not only would it show more Sonic but it would help both Shadow and Sonic in that comedy game we call Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic and Maria have stuffs in commen; they are both good kids wanting to see the world. Sonic just gets to see the world more because hes not dead.

Yes, Shadow and Sonic faught on the ark and stuff but that fight scene would have been a good time for Sonic to try and help. Even Sonic has got a villian to stop going bad by giving words of advice in Sonic and the Black Knight. I think that if done right, Sonics words can set in. Sonics pure heart can work in his favor here

How does this change Sonic in Shadow the Hedgehog? Well to me if Sonic was the one to remind Shadow then Shadow would be more protective of Sonic in the hero missions like he was with Eggman and Black Doom in the dark missions. if Sonic helped with the promise then Shadow would see Maria every time he looked at Sonic or saw his energy and wouldnt want anyone to hurt him. Sonic would be alot useful in that game as well. And best of all, crap like this:

yHzJESy.jpg

tFsX0Ys.jpg

would NEVER happen because....

polls_592332_095mariaqy2_large_1830_6143

You see?

Dammit if Sonic was the one to help Shadow... Shadow would never ever let this shit happen to Sonic. He would go crazy on anyone who try to put a finger on him (the humans) like he did with Maria and Amy. Sonic would be listen to more as he just wants to help. Even if Shadow did go dark he wouldnt let them hurt Sonic.

So thats why. What do you think? Would he be different? Are you even for this?

Given Shadow the Hedgehog's narrative flaws, I honestly don't think Sonic's position in SA2's story has any bearings for how he was portrayed in ShTH.  You see how he treats Amy with almost complete apathy despite her being the one to somehow remind him of Maria's wish.

In any case, ShTH was a game purely about choice, so regardless of what amendments you make to SA2, all these possibilities--no matter how trite and silly they may be--are still open to exist simply by virtue of the player choosing that path.

• Thumbs Up 1

I understand. I was saying if it happen then Sonic would be high regard and he would be protected in a GOOD way not a weak damsel way.

Considering their aggressive rivalry in SA2, it wouldn't have made much sense for Sonic to have taken Amy's place there. Not to mention that Amy had already successfully converted Gamma in the previous game, making her the more appropriate choice in helping bring about Shadow's moral turnaround. All that said, Shadow had amnesia in ShTH, so it wouldn't have mattered much anyway.

• Thumbs Up 6

True, even though I can say that Sonic did make different and others lives to. So it would fit Sonic the same as it fit Amy.

Shadow barely remembers anything about what happened in SA2 at that point; I wouldn't expect his attitude towards Sonic to be much different even if Sonic had reminded him of Maria that one time.

Also like Tara said, ShtH is a game about choosing between good and evil. Even if Shadow had a more favorable opinion of Sonic, they'd likely still give you the option to go evil and betray him. Honestly, I wish they had let you do worse; ShtH is so focused on ALIENS ALIENS GUN ALIENS that it completely neglected any interactions between Shadow and the series' regular cast, which could've been a lot juicier and more meaningful compared to some assholes they just made up that we'll never see again. You don't even get a proper fight with Sonic, he's just a pest/stepping stone while you're fighting a shitty mech. If you're going to make a game about the rival and give him the option to go evil, at least let me kick the hero's face in for a while.

• Thumbs Up 7

As many others have said, Shadow would've still kicked Sonic's butt since he doesn't remember much of SA2 (Despite that being bullshit) and the game focuses on choice (despite that also being bullshit when there's a true final story making all the other endings non-canon).

Would I have liked Sonic's portrayal being better in this game? Absolutely!

This game's story was written by Iizuka, as surprising as that seems, and it looks like he doesn't know how to make a good narritive. Sonic in this game was rather annoying, I know that the guy is upbeat but he also knows when things are serious but in this game, he's like an oblivious child not knowing the actual destruction of what's going on, it's rather sad really.

Sonic in this game was rather annoying, I know that the guy is upbeat but he also knows when things are serious but in this game, he's like an oblivious child not knowing the actual destruction of what's going on, it's rather sad really.

I still say the problem isn't that Sonic was out of character, but that the game was. If it wasn't trying so hard to be "Shadow the Grimdark Edgehog with Guns and Explosions" and actually had a tone reasonable for this series, Sonic wouldn't be out of place.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I still say the problem isn't that Sonic was out of character, but that the game was. If it wasn't trying so hard to be "Shadow the Grimdark Edgehog with Guns and Explosions" and actually had a tone reasonable for this series, Sonic wouldn't be out of place.

When I think about it, yeah you're right if the game wasn't trying to be so mature, Sonic wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb.  

The lackluster voice direction probably doesn't help in regards to the characters, primarily Sonic, seeming so out of place.  Even with all the grimdark stuff taken into account, Sonic still seemed to be on a sugar high.  As far as characterization goes, I don't think he was too out of character, but one thing that sort of vexes me about Sonic in the game is his complete obliviousness to Shadow's demeanor.  Well, actually, everyone's complete obliviousness to his demeanor.  I know Shadow is stone-cold and rarely talks about his feelings but I would like to think that someone would be able to pick up on his struggle or at least get that his mind is elsewhere.  The rest of the characters really do act as a third wheel with no purpose but to contrast to Shadow's heroism, neutrality, or villainy depending on what the player chooses.

• Thumbs Up 2

One of my gripes with Shadow the Hedgehog's story is that up until the end, aside from Sonic reminiscing about that race he and Shadow had on the ARK, Sonic and company don't utter a single lick of information to help Shadow regain his memory, and they themselves were present for a good chunk of the said "past" he was searching for!

You'd think that with an evil alien trying to sway him constantly, that someone other than Eggman would at least try to sway him to their side by actually supplying remnants of the very focus of the game. =P

So it doesn't matter if Sonic reminded him in the first game?

What would be the point of having him do that instead of Amy? 

So it doesn't matter if Sonic reminded him in the first game?

No it doesn't since the game was focused on choices so it really doesn't matter since the player has control over what Shadow will do whether it's saving the world or destroying it.

What would be the point of having him do that instead of Amy? 

To be honest I think Sonic should have done it. But yeah

Why? As nice a guy as Sonic usually is, at that point, he was still enemies with Shadow. At least Amy had precedence at the time with what she did with Gamma.

One of my gripes with Shadow the Hedgehog's story is that up until the end, aside from Sonic reminiscing about that race he and Shadow had on the ARK, Sonic and company don't utter a single lick of information to help Shadow regain his memory, and they themselves were present for a good chunk of the said "past" he was searching for!

You'd think that with an evil alien trying to sway him constantly, that someone other than Eggman would at least try to sway him to their side by actually supplying remnants of the very focus of the game. =P

LOL, none of the characters even acknowledge that he can't remember anything, aside from Eggman.  I mean, I think Sonic says something along the lines of "Hey, remember this?" but not in a "please, try to rememer!" sort of way.  Every time I talk about this game, it amazes me how little connection anyone or anything had to do with the plot. XD

Are we really going to do this again?

Amy fits the more caring personality more than Sonic since Amy doesn't hold any grudges to Shadow and it would click Shadow more since a girl, Maria, told him those words. Sonic at that point, only knows that Shadow is bad and he's already going through Cannon's Core with the others leaving Amy to convince Shadow to assist them.

Edited by SoniTH

Why? As nice a guy as Sonic usually is, at that point, he was still enemies with Shadow. At least Amy had precedence at the time with what she did with Gamma.

I say something on this before but I think so because Sonic has a heart in the franchise. He has inspire many characters and he even help a villian once. He even work with Eggman to save the world. Sonics personality is much like Marias as well when I mention. Thats why I thought it would change ShTH because Sonic wouldnt be a doormat

This is one of those "Sonic is my idol and hero and thus he should do all the important stuff. Amy is a stupid bitch and this doesn't deserve anything and I hope everyone sees things my way" threads isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I say something on this before but I think so because Sonic has a heart in the franchise. He has inspire many characters and he even help a villian once. He even work with Eggman to save the world. Sonics personality is much like Marias as well when I mention. Thats why I thought it would change ShTH because Sonic wouldnt be a doormat

I get what you're saying, but I don't find Sonic to be much like Maria in terms of mannerisms, demeanor, and ambitions.  Maria was an innocent little girl who sees the good in bad things.  Sonic is a well-learned hero who loves justice and hates cruelty.  Their motivations and behaviors are quite different in that regard; not to mention, their relationship with Shadow and the way Maria resonated with him were far different.

This is one of those "Sonic is my idol and hero and thus he should do all the important stuff. Amy is a stupid bitch and this doesn't deserve anything and I hope everyone sees things my way" threads isn't it?

shut up.... its not like that.

Not cool Missile, not cool. It's just another "what if" scenario. You can't just disrepect someone if they have different views than you.

I have really got to stop posting without thinking.

Just don't come off as mean-spirited when you post, then no one gets hurt.

Okay, so I'm seeing lots of hostility here and I'm not liking it.

This was a highly unnecessary remark.  Seriously, don't make such shallow jabs at another member, especially if you have nothing to contribute to the topic yourself.

shut up.... its not like that.

This kind of rudeness is likewise unacceptable.  If someone is giving you trouble, report it.  Don't contribute to the flame war.

Not cool Missile, not cool. It's just another "what if" scenario. You can't just disrepect someone if they have different views than you.

Same for you.  While we appreciate your support, backseat modding is just as bad.  Please use the report button next time.

• Thumbs Up 1