Awoo.

Would Sonic's portrayal be different in Shadow the Hedgehog if...

Rey Skywalker-Ren

One thing that bugged me about the whole memory loss thing in Shadow the Hedgehog is that Shadow meets somebody who can simply flat-out tell him all he needs to know Shadow's history within thirty seconds of starting the game. Sure it doesn't resolve Shadow's question of whether or not he's a robot/clone/alien simulacrum, but it would certainly explain what his memory flashes are about right away. Frankly, it wasn't at all obvious if Sonic, Tails, Amy or anyone except Eggman and Black Doom had any idea that Shadow had amnesia.

No, I'm lying. It never bothered me because I've never taken the story seriously. The whole thing is a satire to me, and it's a satire I really enjoy. I don't need to repeat that Black Doom is the funniest comic relief character in the entire series, but it seems I just did.

• Thumbs Up 4

My apologies, will keep note of it.

Back on topic, I don't see how Maria and Sonic share the same ethics.

Maria seems to be very innocent and probably doesn't seem to hold any grudge against anyone.

While on the other hand, Sonic is not as innocent, if he founds something wrong he'll stop it whether it's the right way or not.

Sonic takes action while Maria doesn't, their ethics are opposite from one another.

Okay, so I'm seeing lots of hostility here and I'm not liking it.

This was a highly unnecessary remark. Seriously, don't make such shallow jabs at another member, especially if you have nothing to contribute to the topic yourself.

This kind of rudeness is likewise unacceptable. If someone is giving you trouble, report it. Don't contribute to the flame war.

Same for you. While we appreciate your support, backseat modding is just as bad. Please use the report button next time.

Sorry. I wasn't thinking. Won't happen again.

Going on topic, like everyone else said, it probably would not have done anything of note, and Sonic doesn't strike me as that kind of caring. Maybe in the mildly aloof but cool big brother/snarky lightly teasing cool dude type, but not in the super empathetic way.

Okay, so I'm seeing lots of hostility here and I'm not liking it.

This kind of rudeness is likewise unacceptable.  If someone is giving you trouble, report it.  Don't contribute to the flame war.

Im sorry for saying that. Im just angry that while theres other members that are Sonic fangirls who get off free, I get shitty comments like that one. It just makes me angry. Plus my post wasnt even Sonic fangirly.I just said that Sonic should be the one to remind Shadow thats all. I give reasons. Im sorry. I wont do it again.

Im sorry for saying that. Im just angry that while theres other members that are Sonic fangirls who get off free, I get shitty comments like that one. It just makes me angry. Plus my post wasnt even Sonic fangirly.I just said that Sonic should be the one to remind Shadow thats all. I give reasons. Im sorry. I wont do it again.

I need to say: I am sorry for posting such an assholish post.

I need to say: I am sorry for posting such an assholish post.

Its okay :)

to answer, I wanted to see what it would be like if Sonic reminded Shadow would the next game change and would Sonic be better?

I think that Shadow wouldnt let anyone touch Sonic of that was the case

I wouldn't think Sonic reminding Shadow of Maria's wish would practically work here, especially not if it would convince Shadow to protect Sonic more, which would be even more odd if you ask me since Sonic's a pretty capable guy by himself, plus I don't think talking about very emotional matters concerning wishes is Sonic's strongest suit, he's always cool and easygoing with his friends, so Amy does fit that role better back in SA2.

From how I view it, Shadow always either taunts or threatens Sonic when he's getting in his way or just silently works alongside him if his alliance calls for it to get the job done. As poorly-written as Shadow's spinoff game may have been, I did like that one bit from the opening scene before Lost Impact or Space Gadget in where after Sonic greets Shadow, he goes 'Not you again.', which kind of sums it up pretty nicely.

And like Tara said, it also bothered me deeply that Sonic and co. pretty much act all typically by-the-book heroic and completely oblivious to what Shadow's going through, and that aside from the Last Story, all they really seemed to do was trying to get Shadow to do their work rather than actually treat him like a friend or trustworthy ally.

Its okay :)

to answer, I wanted to see what it would be like if Sonic reminded Shadow would the next game change and would Sonic be better?

Eh, I am not really sure if that would work considering Sonic had animosity towards Shadow during most of the story for making a mess of his reputation, not to mention Shadow might think he was just trying to placate him so Sonic could pull a fast one on him.

One thing that bugged me about the whole memory loss thing in Shadow the Hedgehog is that Shadow meets somebody who can simply flat-out tell him all he needs to know Shadow's history within thirty seconds of starting the game. Sure it doesn't resolve Shadow's question of whether or not he's a robot/clone/alien simulacrum, but it would certainly explain what his memory flashes are about right away. Frankly, it wasn't at all obvious if Sonic, Tails, Amy or anyone except Eggman and Black Doom had any idea that Shadow had amnesia.

Rouge knows he has amnesia...she's the only other character to know that.

The only way it could've changed is either Shadow doesn't "die" or if he hadn't lost his memory when he was falling down to earth. I don't know what would've changed really, but these are the only 2 cases for that what-if scenario working.

I think little might have changed if Sonic somehow was the one to remind Shadow of Maria's true intentions, by the end of Sa2 before he "died" anyway, Shadow had a lot of respect for Sonic.

Considering his amnesia in ShTH, that's highly unlikely.  One thing I do like about ShTH (seven words you won't hear me say too often in that exact combination) is how in the end, Shadow sees all the main characters as valuable parts of his current life and rescues them all collectively, not with one being any more important than the other.  So even if he could remember, I still don't think it would change anything in that regard.

Rouge knows he has amnesia...she's the only other character to know that.

But she only acknowledges it in Heroes.  It's like she completely forgets about herself in ShTH. XD

True... Sonic has a heart he could have been Shadows concius. But they make him how he was to say "look how mature and badass Shadow is!"

I'm perfectly happy with Sonic and Shadow disliking (and sometimes hating) each other. I really think that is how it should be.

If they started to bond, it would ruin their rivalry.

Sonic and Shadow dont hate each other anymore. They arent even rivals anymore. Just bumping personalities is what they are.

Sonic and Shadow have no reason to dislike each other, both of them have equal respect for each other and their Rivalry only comes in when they are on opposite sides of a situation, seeing they have no other way to settle things other than someone coming out on top. Like the bumper car...wins in the end?

I prefer the rival relationship between Sonic and Shadow. It works much better when they don't like each other.

Honestly, I've never seen them get along. Their conflicting differences and personalities is so different that they clash frequently. It's more entertaining than a simple "destroy Sonic" goal. One has to be better than the other.

I don't think Sonic and Shadow have ever expressed hatred for one another on a personal level.  in SA2, they were enemies simply by virtue of opposing goals,  in Heroes they were... I don't know.  It didn't really make sense to me.  In ShTH, Sonic clearly didn't hate Shadow, but Shadow clearly found Sonic to be an annoyance.  If I remember right, it's the same way in '06?

They don't hate each other, but their relationship isn't super-tight either.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic and Shadow don't hate each other today but their relationship certainly isn't sunshine and roses either.

In SA2, Sonic expresses anger towards Shadow for sullying his good name (Which he obviously takes great pride in) and stating that he was vastly inferior. He also holds nothing but contempt for Shadow's "I'm the ultimate lifeform" boastings as indicated by a story recap screen.

In ShTH, Shadow on multiple occasions expresses contempt towards Sonic and his reasoning in one of the pathways for doing what he was doing was because he wanted to team-up with anyone who opposed Sonic ("I'm siding with whoever goes up against you. This time you're going down Sonic!")

There's some level of respect between them certainly. But they still don't exactly get along so it's hard to picture Sonic having the ability to actually influence Shadow on such a level without Shadow fobbing him off and disregarding him.

• Thumbs Up 6