Awoo.

Marvel's Agents of Shield

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Hey, season 2 of Agents of SHIELD was awesome, I can't wait to see where they go next... and who Ward really is(there are a couple thing implying he's an actual comic character)

Also they opened up the world to supers, which is definitely going to effect the Netflix shows

Hey, season 2 of Agents of SHIELD was awesome, I can't wait to see where they go next... and who Ward really is(there are a couple thing implying he's an actual comic character)

Also they opened up the world to supers, which is definitely going to effect the Netflix shows

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE SECOND SEASON IF ANYONE GIVES A FUCK!!!!

I'm meeting you half way on the second season Mando. It does a lot of things super well and makes it a more focused and better season because of it. The main characters are fleshed out now, and the addition of the new trio of spies is a welcome addition. Also Kyle Maclachlan is a treasure. Then they dropped the ball in Major ways mostly having to do with the Major story events.

I suppose it's more like the writers failed to deliver on the cool ideas that they thought up, or outright dropped them entirely.

There wasn't a whole lot of interesting things going on in afterlife, sure there were inhumans but excluding Skye and her mom they were nothing personality wise. Lincoln was S1 ward 2.0 bland man, Gordon never even got proper development just a brief peek into his childhood struggling with his change, and Raina just sort of lurks there with no real purpose only to get offed in the lamest way possible. We're never really given good look at the inhuman community or city, never shown how they go about there day's or what they do for fun, or anything. it's all just there and in the back ground.

Then there's the whole Shield vs Shield thing. This whole plot thread was stupid. This same thing literally happened with Hydra last season. The organization get's infiltrated, and they need to go on the run and later form a plan to take it back again. They even bring in Edward James Olmos (yay!) and do nothing with him outside of a flashback (booo!) This whole idea stinks of lack of imagination.

And while this isn't a major plot point.... The MacLachlan super-villain RV experience. I know it sounds like a great time, but it's not. MacLachlan's character frees a bunch of jobber class super villains and one heavy hitter who's voice is so lethal it can knock any living thing into a comatose state. Sounds awesome right? Welp said heavy hitter then get's taken down harder than Vegeta against a DBZ saga boss.

And where did Fitz's brain damage go? I just disappeared all together at some point.

• 2 months later...

God I loath ABC's inability to give us a show that features an actual superhero, with powers. Anyway ABC's going to remove two of the best characters from Shield and go though with their spin-off plans: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-mockingbird-spinoff-series-most-wanted-adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-abc-1201574713/

I'll talk shit about the CW show's sometimes but at least they're giving us actual comic book heroes with variety in their movesets.

God I loath ABC's inability to give us a show that features an actual superhero, with powers. Anyway ABC's going to remove two of the best characters from Shield and go though with their spin-off plans: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-mockingbird-spinoff-series-most-wanted-adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-abc-1201574713/

I'll talk shit about the CW show's sometimes but at least they're giving us actual comic book heroes with variety in their movesets.

Hey, Agents has Quake now. Also the phrasing makes is sound like a continuation of side stories in the off season, perhaps something like Agent Carter being in the mid-season break following storylines that would take away too much from the main cast.

Edit: Something else to consider is that next season is Secret Warriors, and it's possible the main show might focus more on supers, while the spinoff focus's on the more spy related stuff. Also next season is focusing super heavily on supers with the terrigan mist being released into the world, and the emergence of more and more super tech

Edited by Mando

We got season synopsis, also we're getting Lash who has the ability to manipulate, absorb and rechannel energy(article had wrong powers, this is his actual powerset, removed the one from the article). We're getting a serious super villian this series. Also once again the transformation is complete, Skye is now Daisy Johnson forever(this has been mentioned before)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/matthew-willig-joins-agents-of-shield-as-lash

Matthew Willig Joins "Agents of SHIELD" as Lash

Posted: 2 hours ago | Updated: 1 hour ago

FB-aos-62d67.jpg

Though Jiaying has been defeated, S.H.I.E.L.D. will face a new Inhuman threat in Lash.

A new synopsis for "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season three reveals the overarching plot as well as casting info about Matthew Willig, who will play Lash; Constance Zimmer, "the no-nonsense, highly-skilled and somewhat mysterious leader of the ATCU (Advanced Threat Containment Unit)"; and Andrew Howard, her intimidating partner named Banks.

Created by Charles Soule and Joe Maduiera, Lash is a frightening force in the Inhuman world. Lash in the comics declared himself judge of which new Inhumans were worthy of carrying super powers. Though no one was announced for the role at the time, Lash's involvement with the show was confirmed at this year's Comic-Con International. A former NFL player, Willig has starred in films like "We're the Millers" and "Year One."

The synopsis also reveals that Juan Pablo Raba will play Joey, a new Inhuman with as-of-yet unannounced abilities. He will join a group of "other surprising characters." This group may become part of Daisy Johnson's Secret Warriors, which was announced earlier this summer.

Starring Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennet and Ming-Na Wen, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season three premieres Tuesday, September 29 at 9 pm EST on ABC.

• 2 weeks later...

We got our first real trailer! Also the codename for Lincoln has been announced, it's Spark Plug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-K8gjhG4K8

Also I had a thought, it's been rumored and thought that Ward is an actual comic character, well what if he's Spymaster? it's an older(dead) character, doesn't have Hydra ties(then again Ward's using it as a tool not due to loyalty), and could work

Edited by Mando
  • Thumbs Up 1

....What is Agents of Shield's problem with poor visual adaptations of comicbook villians? I mean c'mon.

....What is Agents of Shield's problem with poor visual adaptations of comicbook villians? I mean c'mon.

Lash is essnetially Marvel's Akuma, spikey hair and all, also we've only seen him in shadow, and he looks pretty spot on from that. You're being over critical of something we haven't seen a full look at.

looks pretty close to this for that matter 4785399-3853912-screen%2Bshot%2B2014-05-

in show shadowy pic for reference 66gQsNo.png

Also what do you think about my thought about Ward possibly being spymaster?

Edit: also Daisy's got her outfit and gauntlets! though not as huge as comic versions

tumblr_nu6fmzdc5O1rllpbqo1_250.gif

Edited by Mando

Lash is essnetially Marvel's Akuma, spikey hair and all, also we've only seen him in shadow, and he looks pretty spot on from that. You're being over critical of something we haven't seen a full look at.

looks pretty close to this for that matter 4785399-3853912-screen%2Bshot%2B2014-05-

in show shadowy pic for reference 66gQsNo.png

Also what do you think about my thought about Ward possibly being spymaster?

Edit: also Daisy's got her outfit and gauntlets! though not as huge as comic versions

tumblr_nu6fmzdc5O1rllpbqo1_250.gif

Wait that's supposed to be hair? I thought they were spikes/quills, at no point in the comics did it seem like it was hair. Though I don't believe I'm being overly critical when it comes to this shows take on super-villian designs.

As for the spymaster theory, sure it seems plausible and that could be a cool way to reinvent an out of date character.

• Thumbs Up 1

First official full on look at Quake in costume, and it's pretty on point(gloves could be a little bigger though :P )

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-agents-of-shield-chloe-bennett-debuts-quake-costume-20150913-story.html

Exclusive: Chloe Bennet's new Quake costume in 'Agents of SHIELD'

Chloe Bennet

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." actress Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson.

(Kurt Iswarienkio / ABC)

Behold the awesomeness that is Quake. We've got the exclusive reveal of "SHIELD's" brand-new look for Skye (aka Daisy Johnson, aka Quake). Take a gander at Quake's new tactical suit, and yes... she's got her own pair of "SHIELD"-made Quake gloves.

With Comic-Con and the Dubsmash battles between Marvel TV shows, "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" stayed in the pop consciousness over the summer. The show is returning Sept. 29, and fervent fans may want to know what the new season is going to look like.

It will look a bit darker -- or, at least, the clothing of some of the show's characters will be a darker than what audiences are used to. Actress Chloe Bennet's character, Skye (who was recently revealed to be Daisy Johnson, superhero name Quake) has a brand-new costume to complement her status as a stealthy SHIELD agent. 

"It was really, really fun to put it on. With the inner geek in me -- and growing up with six brothers -- I was never really interested in being the princess. I was more into being someone who kicked ... and was a superhero. So, that was a dream come true," said Bennet. "It was cool to be a part of the process in helping to design the outfit."

That design came from costume designer Ann Foley, who counts the tactical uniforms of Deathlok and Mockingbird among her favorites on the show -- as well as a sparkly dress worn by actress Ming-Na Wen during a fight scene. When asked what Bennet's costume conveys, Foley had definite ideas.

"It's about strength. She feels very empowered in it.... That's what was important to me, that she felt empowered to me," said Foley. "I wanted to stay true to some of the designs I saw in the comics. In the style lines, I wanted to pay a little bit of a tribute to her tactical ability from last season, but we also incorporated the Quake symbol into her gauntlets and on the back of her suit."

Chloe Bennet

"It works onscreen," says Chloe Bennet of her new uniform on "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD."

(Kurt Iswarienkio / ABC)

Quake's Inhuman powers (yes she's an Inhuman) give her the ability to move objects and generate massive amounts of force, so special considerations for her particular suit had to be made. Foley and Bennet were particularly excited about a pair of gauntlets that Daisy will be wearing. In both the comics and the series Quake has vibrational powers; the gauntlets serve many purposes in relation to her control over those powers, as well as being aesthetic.

"It's only something that Daisy would have and is specific to her earthquake powers," says Bennet.

"It's a practical part of [the costume], cause when you put this on in real life, it's not that practical! I always wondered why superheroes wear such tight outfits, cause they're really tight and really limiting. It works onscreen, though."

It's well known that neither Bennet, nor her co-stars, knew when she signed on that her character was going to be someone already in the Marvel Comics universe.

See the most-read entertainment stories >>

"I just knew that I had a job and could pay my rent. I had no idea to what extent Skye would be involved ... It's funny to think about how naive I was! Honestly, I didn't know about Daisy Johnson. By the end of the first season, they kind of hinted that I wasn't going to be Skye," said Bennet.

However that didn't stop Bennet from doing some private digging of her own, and after a lot of online research and trips to the comic book store, she had narrowed down potential possibilities for her character's true identity.

"I get a knock on my trailer and it's Jeph Loeb, Jeff Bell, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon ... and they're like 'Can we talk to you?' I was like, 'Oh, great. I'm dead.' They come into my trailer and say, 'So, do you want to guess who you are?' I guess and they say 'Yeah! How did you know that?'" said Bennet. And the rest is TV history.

I always wondered why superheroes wear such tight outfits, cause they're really tight and really limiting. It works onscreen, though, and it looks badass. - Chloe Bennet

In the upcoming season, the team may not be as on the run as they have been -- with friend against friend and infiltration by the disruptive Hydra group -- but they've graduated from the ragtag group of soldiers and scientists to the more precise militaristic outfit they always imagined they were. And Foley made sure to reflect that sentiment in the third season costumes.

"I think you're definitely going to see a change in their costumes in Season 3. At the end of season one with the fall of SHIELD, you see a shift in the costumes -- we went a little darker. Then by the time we pick up with the team in Season 2, everyone had definitely grown up and you saw a shift in the way that they were dressing. Everyone just had to grow up. With the events at the end of Season 2 now, you're going to see another shift, and the costumes will reflect a shift for everybody."

For reference the comic book design

5501b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks pretty good, seems like a pretty smooth translation from the comics to the TV, and I like how the design is similar to that of May's and Black Widow's normal battle costumes.

The gloves, I'm happy they didn't stay THAT much loyal tho', since in the comics they look HUGE, it'd be kinda silly if they decided to keep their size on the show.

But I wonder how they'll work, as the closest thing to her gloves we had was Simmons' gloves which were made to stop her powers.

Looks pretty good, seems like a pretty smooth translation from the comics to the TV, and I like how the design is similar to that of May's and Black Widow's normal battle costumes.

The gloves, I'm happy they didn't stay THAT much loyal tho', since in the comics they look HUGE, it'd be kinda silly if they decided to keep their size on the show.

But I wonder how they'll work, as the closest thing to her gloves we had was Simmons' gloves which were made to stop her powers.

They are probably based off the original version that Simmons' made, which accelerated healing and helped contain any extra damage

Also here's something interesting I found out, apparently Lance Hunter is in fact a comic book character, a pretty big one in fact: He is essentially the British equivalent to Nick Fury and is in charge of a British Shield analog in general, and Captain Britain in particular... I wonder if he might be an Easter egg/hint towards us getting Captain Britain in the future

Huh, didn't know that, I honestly thought he was just a Hawkeye expy to serve as a love interest for Mockingbird, as the real Hawkeye can't be used.

Huh, didn't know that, I honestly thought he was just a Hawkeye expy to serve as a love interest for Mockingbird, as the real Hawkeye can't be used.

apparently he's been around since 1977 http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lance_Hunter_(Earth-616) and originally looked like this

Lance Hunter (Earth-616)

Though he's recently been de-aged and brought more in appearance to the show version(I do wish the bowling hat would show up though. He was the leader of STRIKE, which again is the British equivalent to SHIELD, although it also has some authority over Captain Britain

Say @Ratcicle King, what do you think about my theory of Ward becoming Spymaster(this guy)

Spymaster 001

and this theory: Also I had a thought, it's been rumored and thought that Ward is an actual comic character, well what if he's Spymaster? it's an older(dead) character, doesn't have Hydra ties(then again Ward's using it as a tool not due to loyalty), and could work (also his last known sighting was in an overloaded Hulkbuster suit he stole alongside a bunch of other armors from Stark industries while tony was out of town, that possibly blew up, on the other hand he has teleportation tech)

Edited by Mando

It is a pretty good theory overall, reading Spymaster's bio he does seem to have Ward's magnificent bastard traits, plus his incredible skills as an agent and (now that he's leading HYDRA) access to a lot of fancy tech. However it's hard to be sure, as Ward's been such a wildcard lately on the show that honestly it's a bit impossible to pin down a candidate as to who he could be in the comics.

Ok, got episode 2 synopsis and we're getting the return of one of my favorite guest stars, who I know best as Professor Flienhart from Numbers, who is the ancient Asguardian warrior/modern day professor in this show

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-MARVELS-AGENTS-OF-SHIELD-on-ABC-Tuesday-October-6-2015-20150921#

ABC - Tuesday, October 6, 2015

September 21
11:59 2015

Scoop: MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D on ABC - Tuesday, October 6, 2015“Purpose in the Machine” – Fitz and the team enlist the aid of an Asgardian to unlock the secrets of the ancient monolith that swallowed Simmons, and Agent May is at a crossroads in her personal and professional life, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse., Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring Blair Underwood as Dr. Andrew Garner, Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliott Randolph, Daz Crawford as Kebo, Spencer Treat Clark as Alexander, Alex Hyde-White as Lord Thornally, Daniel J. Wolfe as Lord Manzini, Piers Stubbs as younger lord, James Hong as William May and Darius Cottrell as Moe.

”Purpose in the Machine” was written by DJ Doyle and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,V parental guideline.

For more information on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” visit ABC.com

We got the first 3 minutes of the new season and things are looking awesome, I can't wait!

youtube version

original IGN posting

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/24/marvels-agents-of-shield-watch-the-big-opening-sequence-to-season-3?abthid=5603f53e671d0d4e54000006#disqus_thread

Edited by Mando
replaced youtube video with official Marvel one
  • Thumbs Up 1

I swear at first I thought the plane was the Helicarrier used in Age of Ultron.

Also nice way to begin the season, they pretty much stablished from the get go what they main plot is and are already advancing it. It's also pretty cool to see how far Skye/Daisy has come comparing her to Season 1.

Also if it wasn't clear before that Inhumans are taking the Mutants' place on the MCU, now it is, with the government chasing them and having no problems killing them, I bet that'll somehow link with Civil War next year in the show.

Season 3 premiere tonight, so excited. Also @Ratcicle King, almost all supers in the Marvel universe tend to be hunted unless they go public and have control of their powers. People who randomly get powers and cause a lot of damage tend to get hunted, I mean look at the hulk!

Yeah but in the comics, most people who suffer that fate(One day just waking up with powers you can't control) end up turning out to be mutants, if you don't count the heroes who get their powers in accidents, here, it seems it'll go on a similar route, only with the reason of the powers instead of being the X Gene, is the Terrigenesis forced through that Fish Oil.

Also hype for the premiere indeed, I'm curious to see how everyone's been doing after the timeskip, and if the events of Ant Man will be referenced in some way this season.

Also, this is a comics version of the secret warriors, for anyone curious in general(or at @Ratcicle King at least with how quiet things are here)

645533-sw.jpg

What's interesting is we have an Alex cast that appears in episode 2 of this season, and that's the name of the short one, Alexander Aaron to be precise. Better known as Phobos, and since he's showing up in episode 2 where we're getting the return of an Asguardian, perhaps we'll get his actual backstory after all instead of being white-washed into an inhuman. His abilities are Fear Generation and precognition, oh and when he reaches maturity he'll get more abilities, since he's the son of Ares, yes the Greek Ares. See he's the son of the Marvel universe's version of Ares who's part of the Greek Pantheon, who much like the Norse gods live in a pocket dimension. Thing in is that in episode two, we have the return of the Asguardian professor, who's been on earth for several millennium, it'd be cool for that to be introduced through MAOS. I mean Greeks are unlikely to be introduced in the MCU movie side for a long time, but a lot of 'em would be handy for the tv angle.

Also Ares was once an Avenger, that didn't end well

Edit: Wait a second, I just had a thought, the thing that grabbed Simmons has been confirmed as a Portal, there's been theories as where too, but here is my though, what if it's a portal to Olympus? What better place to send Powered beings to die than a place full of beings of ultra powered beings who can destroy them or use them.

Edited by Mando

Ok, back and watched the new episode, wow, things are looking interesting!

So lemme get this straight, Ares was an Avenger? Wow, things got weird in the comics didn't they.

Anyways, a popular theory is that the place Simmons is right now is either the Kree homeworld, or some sort of hunting site for the Kree, both cases would make sense, as from what we've seen from the Krees up to now, they'd want to deal with the Inhumans themselves or keep them as weapons for the future.

Speaking of the Monolith, Fitz became such a badass now, damn, it's pretty awesome to see how far he's come since suffering from brain damage.

Also oh wow, if you look carefully, on Coulson's room you can see on the wall an Axe that looks almost the same a the one Mack used to cut his hand off. Why would you keep THAT of all things.

Episode was sick, can't wait for next week, which reminds me, got a Ward teaser clip

Boy is he pissed.

Also @Ratcicle King yeah, he got recruited following the civil war, got teamed up with Sentry. Loved to use the rule book to shoot everyone

I think we're going to find out who Ward really is this season, as in what comic character. I still highly doubt Taskmaster though, both because of his unique powers, and he isn't Hydra. Spymaster still feels possible, but we'll have to wait and see... though he could be Ghost, I could see him using intangibility gear.

Also, he mentions the kid! The Alex casting must be Phobos(nasty powers, a tween with premonition, and the ability to instill fear by eye contact, well he definitely ain't smile and chuckles)

Also in regards to Simmons, I'm thinking either Olympus, Titan(Eternals(and Thanos') Homeworld), or a Kree outpost

Edited by Mando

Hilarious short, no spoilers, it's not from the show, it's a promo/joke video