So Sonic was in Rio the other night....

Badnik Mechanic

massofsonic.jpg

The bible calls this day Armageddon!

Hedgehogs leapt from house to house.

It was the beginning of the rout of civilization,
of the massacre of mankind.

The Earth, belongs to the Sonic!

It was the Rio Carnival the other day, and... one of the Samba schools decided to party like this. There might be video out there somewhere since it's the Rio Carnival but, can't find anything else right now. 

Incidentally, the main theme of this years carnival wasn't video games, from what I see it was Brazil/football.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/03/so-this-happened-in-rio-the-other-night/

Translated Source

• Thumbs Up 9

Wait, what was going on? Was there a videogame theme thing or something?

Wait, what was going on? Was there a videogame theme thing or something?

No. Strangely enough, none of the schools had a videogame theme. At São Paulo, Rosas de Ouro's theme was "the unforgettable". Some other school paid homage to Ayrton Senna and some of the wings had other fast people/characters, one of them being, once again, Sonic.

I seriously don't know what happened.

EDIT: My mistake. The one who featured "other fast people" was also the one that had the aforementioned Sonic costumes.

Couple years early aren't you Sanic? Mario must've lost his invitation.

Not too surprising! Brazil actually has a fairly large Sonic community, possibly larger than the UK's, even. Planeta Sonic (Brazil's main Sonic fansite) has about 70,000 Likes on Facebook and such.

I've actually talked with Planeta Sonic's admin a few times to see if we could get meetups and a convention going down there...

Not too surprising! Brazil actually has a fairly large Sonic community, possibly larger than the UK's, even. Planeta Sonic (Brazil's main Sonic fansite) has about 70,000 Likes on Facebook and such.

I've actually talked with Planeta Sonic's admin a few times to see if we could get meetups and a convention going down there...

Not to mention TecToy was like Sega down there, being their main distributor and even make clone devices IIRC, they even made original ports and games on Master System and Genesis I believe.