Awoo.

Possible revival of Teen Titans for a sixth season and onward, ahoy!

Yeah, I would like to see a new DC show with a different hero besides Batman and Superman. Heck, I would like to see the Black Lightning shorts get turn into an actual TV show and the animation is really good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp70mn7Eifo

Yeah, I would like to see a new DC show with a different hero besides Batman and Superman. Heck, I would like to see the Black Lightning shorts get turn into an actual TV show and the animation is really good too.

Now imagine Static Shock showing up as a guest star in an episode of that series!

This sounds like good news...but how do we know his replacement won't be worse? I'll wait before making any judgements one way or another.

*Ahem!*

Static Shock 230px-StaticShockLogo.png

God I love that series. Hoping for more stuff as grand as that!biggrin.png

Young Justice was basically everything I wanted out of a DC superhero show and they replaced it with more Batman. You can imagine how I felt about that.

I don't really have any problems with Teen Titans GO not being Teen Titans anymore since I've come to the realization that the series is likely better off not being touched. It still isn't very good on it's own, though. 

I want more superhero cartoons dammit.

• Thumbs Up 1

CN's new lineup for 2014-2015 has been announced. (thanks to King Eddy)

New Original and Acquired Programming:

• Over The Garden Wall: Headlined by an all-star voice-cast that includes Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings Trilogy), Collin Dean (The War at Home) and Melanie Lynskey (Two and a Half Men), Over the Garden Wall is Cartoon Network’s first event mini-series, an animated comedy/fantasy story about two brothers, Wirt and Greg, who are trapped in a mysterious world. In this ten-part mini-series, Wirt and Greg must travel across this strange land until they find their way home, aided by a wise old Woodsman who gives them directions and a bluebird named Beatrice. Music plays an important role in the series with a soundtrack full of Americana-influenced original songs. Over The Garden Wall is created by Pat McHale and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

• Clarence: From creator Skyler Page and premiering Monday, April 14 at 7 p.m., Clarence is a new, original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the prolific shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios, which has resulted in six original series for the network: Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe, Clarence, Over the Garden Wall and We Bare Bears .

• We Bare Bears: We Bare Bears is a comedy about three bear siblings, named Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear. Each episode follows their awkward attempts at assimilating into human society, whether they’re looking for food, trying to make human friends, or scheming to become internet famous. Whatever the situation, it’s obvious that being a bear in the civilized, modern world is tough—but at least they have each other. Created by Annie Award-winner Daniel Chong (Toy Story of Terror!), We Bare Bears is produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

• The Tom and Jerry Show: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a new, fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time. The Tom and Jerry Show is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and will premiere Wednesday, April 9 at 5:30 p.m.

• Be Cool Scooby-Doo!: Be Cool Scooby-Doo! is an all-new 22-minute animated comedy series from Warner Bros. Animation. The Scooby gang is back with a modern comedic twist on the beloved classic. With high school over and one last summer to live it up, the gang hits the road in the Mystery Machine, chasing fun and adventure. But monsters and mayhem keep getting in the way.

Wabbit—A Looney Tunes Production: The hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny you love is back! From Warner Bros. Animation, Bugs stars in an all-new series consisting of comedic shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against (and getting the best of) classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Along the way, Bugs will encounter brand-new foes…and he’ll have some help from new friends like Bigfoot and Squeaks the squirrel.

• LEGO® NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu: Continuing its robust partnership with The LEGO Group, Cartoon Network will re-introduce viewers to the awesome world of NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu with six new half-hour animated specials in 2014, followed by all-new episodes of the highly popular series slated for 2015.

• Sonic Boom™: Sonic the Hedgehog has been one of the world’s biggest gaming icons for over 20 years and this year a new branch of the Sonic universe debuts, entitled Sonic Boom™. With a new look for Sonic and friends, the franchise’s first-ever CG animated television series, an action-packed comedy adventure, will premiere on Cartoon Network with support from an extensive video game release of the same name. The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGA® of America, Inc. and OuiDO! Productions, will debut on Cartoon Network in the 2014/2015 season.

• Total Drama: Pahkitew Island: All-new island! All-new cast! Same old disregard for human safety! The Total Drama series returns as Chris and Chef put the newest generation of contestants through the craziest challenges yet—all for a chance to win one million dollars! Total Drama Island is produced by Fresh TV Inc.

• Numb Chucks: Woodchuck brothers Dilweed and Fungus didn’t always see themselves as mystical Kung Fu saviors until they stumbled upon an infomercial featuring mega legend Woodchuck Morris’ mullet-fueled motivational kung-fu video “The Way of the Chuck!” With an endless supply of confidence but a limited supply of brain cells, and countless hours of watching the video, this dimwitted duo transmorph-ified into THE NUMB CHUCKS!

• Beyraiderz: Sho, Jin and Leon find themselves trapped on a strange world once defended by the Six Mythic Beasts who upheld justice and brought prosperity for all through the battling BeyRaiderz tournaments. When the Beasts mysteriously disappeared, the world fell into ruin, and now it’s up to Sho and his friends to uncover the hidden BeyRaiderz stadiums, to battle to bring the Beasts back and restore prosperity to the world!

Bolded ones grabbed my interest. Over the Garden Wall and Sonic Boom especially.

Also, a new Scooby series is kinda sad, but I do wonder if it'll be anywhere near as good as the ill-fated Mystery Incorporated. Same for Tom & Jerry Tales. Wabbit sounds like it could be absolutely amazing, but I could only hope. About time we got some semblance of old Looney Tunes back.

The others sound kind of blegh, though. Clarence sounds like the last 18 billion CN shows (how many cartoons can you make about the boy who did everything??) and We Bare Bears could or could not be any good at all going by the name and description. More Total Drama? Eegh. More Spinjitzu? Eeeh, I guess it's good for the kiddies. Numb Chucks sounds awful, and Beyraiderz? LOOOL

But yeah, besides that, some other assorted stuff in there that mostly just speaks of recurring shows. Adventure Time will still be going as well as Regular Show and Gumball. Steven Universe is still going too which is all that really matters. :v

• Thumbs Up 8

Another Scooby Doo show? I'm really on the fence about that one, especially when one looks at how awesome Mystery Incorporated was. But I've always loved Scooby so I'm willing to give it a shot.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Wabbit—A Looney Tunes Production: The hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny you love is back! From Warner Bros. Animation, Bugs stars in an all-new series consisting of comedic shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against (and getting the best of) classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Along the way, Bugs will encounter brand-new foes…and he’ll have some help from new friends like Bigfoot and Squeaks the squirrel.

Duck Dodgers in my opinion was the last good Looney Tunes spin-off but this sounds promising, Hopefully it'll do a better job at portraying the characters better than Friends: Looney Tunes Edition.

Another scooby doo show? I betcha this wont be as good as mystery incorporated but hey we'll see

Ninjago is coming back? Sweet I prefer this over legends of chima

As much as I love total drama to death ill be completely honest her it needs to end. After the disgusting taste season left in my mouth the last season redeemed itself and felt like a perfect series finale. I know the cast went through a lot of hell getting this show running and respect that but it's starting to get stale I don't think they can do the same old shtick for four more seasona(they want to make it up to season 10). Ill post my thoughts on the CEO later

• Thumbs Up 1

Source for Azoo's post about CN's 2014 schedule info. Aside from the New/Acquired programming (which Azoo listed), there are also the returning shows, which Azoo already listed off a few. Interesting to note that the latter list does not have Beware the Batman, CN's latest victim of their bizarre lack of faith in action shows... 

There are also acquired "Original 'Always On' Programming for CN Multiple Digital Platforms", which includes Angelo Rules (Season 2), Detentionare, and Rocket Jo.

Jeez, Mystery Incorporated wasn't too long ago and yet they're doing another "modern" take with the series? Kinda seems to soon to me, I think they should had taken the series in a different direction (not saying anything around the likes of Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue though, just a different spin on the premise. /Sorta/ like A Pup Named Scooby Doo.)

Probably said what I need to say about the Tom and Jerry Show, but capitalized UGLY Flash animation aside, I'm hopeful that this series will be a lot closer to the original shorts than past incarnations, especially Tom and Jerry Tales.

Wabbit sounds very promising, and judging the premise and artstyle sounds like WBA's response to the new batch of Mickey shorts by Disney by taking Bugs back to his roots (which is what The Looney Tunes Show should had been instead of making it "The Daffy Douchebag-Is-His-Middle-Name Duck Sitcom". I'm also hopeful for this one.

Everything else I don't find too interesting, especially that "Clarence" one. It would have to be a seriously fresh/radically different take on the premise, which draws a direct parallel to Phineas and Ferb in my opinion. The only exception is the "Over the Garden Wall" miniseries, which sounds pretty interesting. It's artstyle also has a somewhat old fashioned look to it in terms of colors, it looks pretty nice (source for the below picture).

tomeoftheunknown__140307074855.png

...is that the Animal Crossing Villager?

Also, an interview with Snyder about the network and it's sister channels, which also revealed some plans he had for Boomerang. Boomerang has been the least afflicted of Snyder's meddling so far, but I guess he wanted to fully corrupt all three channels before exiting stage left...

TV KIDS: Boomerang is being positioned globally as a family co-viewing destination.

SNYDER: It’s truly one of the most beloved networks by parents and younger kids. We started doing a little bit more research on the network last year. Boomerang was voted the most beloved network by parents in the 2013 Harris Poll. We started thinking about everything that is going on in the marketplace and it makes a lot of sense for Boomerang to be fully embraced as a family co-viewing network. We are doing that on a global basis. We are looking at a re-branding that will take place in the fourth quarter of 2014 and we are very excited about it. We think it’s a great complement to Cartoon Network, where Cartoon Network is boy-skewing, here Boomerang will be younger-skewing, girls and offer co-viewing for families.

NO. NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

I hate the fact that Snyder thinks transforming Boomerang into a Spear Counterpart of Cartoon Network, like how Disney transformed Toon Disney into Disney XD, is the goal to attracting a female audience. The fact that he and his buddies's reaction to the one time a CN show did attract an female audience was to cancel it makes this even more infuriating.

Really hope the new network figurehead puts the breaks on Snyder's last ditch move to further corrupt Turner's animation networks before it can come to fruition.

• Thumbs Up 2

The idea that he made Cartoon Network focused as a "boy's channel" really does explain a lot of reasons why the channel feels the way it does, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll just leave these here.

Over The Garden Wall

OTGW-main-cast-and-goose.jpg

Clarence

Clarence-Key-Art_Web.jpg

We Bare Bears

We-Bare-Bears.jpg

Be Cool Scooby-Doo!

Be_Cool_logo.jpg

Wabbit—A Looney Tunes Production as i already posted.

wabbit.jpg

And for those who haven't seen the Tom and Jerry show trailer yet, here's what the show looks like.

The-Tom-Jerry-Show.jpg

Yeah out of this Wabbit, Tom and Jerry and maybe Over the Garden Wall are only one i'm looking forward to, the rest all look shit also what the fuck did they do to Scooby?

And now my hopes for the new scooby show have officially hit the ground. And for fucks sake, why couldn't Synder just fuck off without tainting yet another network. I hope he is never allowed anywhere near animation in any shape or form ever again. Go rot in hell you stupid bastard.

Really love the look of the Over The Garden Wall one. Reminds me of The Wind in The Willows a bit.

Clarence....ehh. Looks pretty generic, aside from the shapes of the characters.

The We Bear Bares I find to look pretty cute, actually.

What the heck is up with the Scooby design tweak? It looks pretty odd, though the colors do remind me of the stock merch/artwork of the Scooby franchise in the 90s.

I've already given my piece on the Wabbit / Tom and Jerry artstyles.

Go rot in hell you stupid bastard.

Seems a bit excessive, don't ya think? I wholeheartedly hate some of the stuff he did but I'm not going to wish anything of the sort onto him. Plus as Nepenthe said a couple of pages back he actually did undo some damage he and his colleagues had done to the network, namely by greenlighting some pretty good shows and reducing the live-action material to a non-existent minimum. And that's not even going into them allowing Cartoon Planet and Toonami back on the air as well as how the network celebrated it's 20th anniversary in general-the crossover bumpers and artwork/posters of characters from cartoons of old and new was truly some of the best stuff to come from the network.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only ones that don't particularly grab me are Ninjago, Total Drama, etc... Clarence and the new Tom and Jerry as well, probably.

The rest actually sound pretty good, or at least potentially interesting. We Bare Bears sounds--and looks--cute and that's what is truly important,  Scooby-Doo could be fun, Wabbit's description put a smile on my face (but we'll have to wait and see), and I was already looking forward to Boom. Over the Garden Wall sounds really intriguing tho'...I've never really heard of a cartoon mini-series before.

Also, this is the first time Scooby's underwent a...I guess redesign? It's not super drastic, but still, he's barely changed since the franchise's debut, so it's a little surprising. I don't think he looks bad, tho'. I'm a bit cautious about the show itself though, after Mystery Inc. it could go either way, especially with CN's silliness.

Oh and the whole "boy's network" thing is amusing in an annoying kind of way. I just hope no more shows are cancelled because "oh no, girls are watching this show and girls don't buy toys or something lmao".

• Thumbs Up 4

The idea that he made Cartoon Network focused as a "boy's channel" really does explain a lot of reasons why the channel feels the way it does, honestly.

And yet, as an 18 year-old, it makes me feel like ick.

Ooh boy, really not looking to that Scooby one.

I dunno why we need another Bugs Bunny short series but okay whatever.

...and Tom looks weird without thick lines.

Oh hell no to that Scooby Doo.

Why can't they make a series in the same quality of the Newer Movies (Abra-kadabra doo, Mask of the Blue Falcon, Phantosaure, etc.) or at least fused between Mystery incorporated and the New Movies? Shoot

Well, as long as it doesn't turn out like that one Scooby Doo show that was on Kids WB around the same time Johnny Test was first airing, now that one sucked, I forgotten what it was called.

Is their any news on what their gonna do to DC Nation? I mean, it shouldn't even exist if their not gonna put some shows on it.

Is it just me or does it look they injected Courage the Cowardly Dog DNA into Scooby?

Oh Cartoon Network, one of the channels that I used to watch during my childhood a lot along side with TCC (when they used to air the Sonic cartoons then it closed in 1998), Fox Kids (Donkey Kong Country, Woody Woodpecker 2000) and sometimes Disney Channel/Toon Disney/Disney Cinemagic when they used to put on DuckTales Season 1, Goof Troop, Aladdin, Tarzan and Hercules. Apart from the Warner Bros./Hanna-Barbara/Cartoon Cartoons, they also put cartoons that were of a foreign origin like The Moomins, Blinky Bill (the one with the Koala), some Canadian cartoons and one point put Thomas The Tank Engine on. They had a range of cartoons that currently no channel ever matched with something different on every time, even aired cartoons that now would be considered too much of a risk. Plus the European/International version (can't remember) of Cartoon Network had a slightly different range of cartoons and no adverts at all [just bumpers].

Then when it got to the early 2000s, it started to go downhill and around that time Boomerang was launched where they put the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons, Looney Tunes/Tom & Jerry (these two are still aired to this day), even put on Danger Mouse. It was like this for a few years then they started to cut back on them. The large range of cartoons that were around suddenly disappeared and started putting on the same cartoon every few hours, interest dropped plus POP were airing the Mario/Sonic cartoons at the time. It did rise a little with Cartoon Network 2/Too where at first it went back towards the late 90s feeling despite a smaller range, it had the Cartoon Cartoons on then that dropped about 6 months or so after. There was also CNX at the early 2000s that from memory aired Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star [airing anime on TV is quite rare] as well as pretty risky stuff, didn't watch it and shut down quickly, became Toonami but a far cry compared to the US block [all I remember on Toonami was Dragon Ball Z] then that closed.

Last time I checked Cartoon Network, it was pretty much the Ben 10 channel with occassionally different cartoons with Cartoon Network Too being similar just replace Ben 10 with Star Wars: The Clone Wars (the CGI one) and don't watch either of them (hardly watch cartoon channels and TV in general now). Very rarely watch Boomerang that has stuff that appeals to me, one point they also put edited versions of Mr. Bean [the live action one]. Actually I noticed the edits straight away especially Merry Christmas Mr. Bean since I have a VHS tape of half of the series and it seems the only way to watch them uncut.

Also have this sneaky feeling regarding that lineup that the new Tom and Jerry cartoon, new Scooby Doo and Wabbit will be aired on Boomerang with a couple of shows being aired on Cartoon Network/Cartoon Network Too with a couple not getting aired. It is the differences between countries that actually make it worse than it seems. For the UK CN, there is no Toonami, no Adult Swim (that was on a completely different channel then it closed down) and some shows that the US one got didn't air like currently there is no Steven Universe. The US is also very lucky to get The Hub since from the sounds of things a good cartoon channel.

Wabbit does sound appealing but have to wait a while before it gets aired though.

I just realized something...

...the lineup doesn't have Annoying Orange: The Animated Series on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6hVxm8l5HQ

• Thumbs Up 4

The only new show that really intrigues me here is Over the Garden Wall. Wabbit looks fun too but Over the Garden Wall visually catches my eye. The animation looks really nice (from that screenshot anyway) and the image of a boy riding a Goose reminds me of an old cartoon I used to watch as a kid called The Adventures of Nils Holgersson. If it's anything like that cartoon, I might watch it!

Seems a bit excessive, don't ya think? I wholeheartedly hate some of the stuff he did but I'm not going to wish anything of the sort onto him. Plus as Nepenthe said a couple of pages back he actually did undo some damage he and his colleagues had done to the network, namely by greenlighting some pretty good shows and reducing the live-action material to a non-existent minimum. And that's not even going into them allowing Cartoon Planet and Toonami back on the air as well as how the network celebrated it's 20th anniversary in general-the crossover bumpers and artwork/posters of characters from cartoons of old and new was truly some of the best stuff to come from the network.

This.

At least, the guy didn't foolishly continue the onslaught of bad live action shows that would make the network very less watchable than it is today and ceased the majority of it while trying to fix those mistakes. Not to mention we have gotten some great shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show and Steven Universe.

Ironically enough with a channel that is heavily geared towards boys, some of their big and recent shows have great female characters that are more progressive than stuff you see in current girl centered marketing/shows such as Bratz and Monster High, even MLPFiM to an extent if you count the commercials and EqG. I mean characters like Marceline and Princess Bubblegum have fanbases for a reason, and along with the Crystal Gems are female characters with strong complex and unique traits. Not to mention that they're characters that can relate as well as appeal to the audience as well and that the network is fine with allowing such characters to exist is a plus. 

Onto the upcoming list, Clarence, eh, I'll give it a chance. Doesn't look as bad as Johnny Test. Wabbit sounds like it'll go back to it's looney roots. 

Though I'm anticipating Over the Garden Wall and We Bear Bares looks pretty intriguing and cute. Also, with it starring a grizzly, a polar bear and a panda, I hope I'm not the only one who is reminded of Shirokuma Cafe:

tumblr_m5n614V84w1qclke2.jpg