Awoo.

Snyder is leaving? Aww yes! While he may have done some things right, we helped run Cartoon Network into the ground. I'm hoping the Boomerang rebrand won't turn out to be bad because the USA verison of Boomerang does need a new coat of paint since it has been running the same bumpers ever since its launch.

As far as the programming goes, Wabbit has caught my interest and I'm definitely looking forward to Somic Boom. I'm not sure how to feel about a new Scooby series since we just had Mystery Inc not too long ago. I hope the new Tom and jerry series turns out to be good.

As mentioned in the other topic, while the art style isn't any worse than most cartoons these days, Be Cool Scooby-Doo looks a little iffy to me.  I'll give it a watch or two, but I'm not going to hold my breath or anything.  I am particularly interested in Wabbit, but having not been impressed with many of Looney Tunes' recent outings, I can't say I'm going to have too high of expectations.

Over the Garden Wall looks like it could be cute in a Flapjack sort of way, so I might look into that as well.

Onto the upcoming list, Clarence, eh, I'll give it a chance. Doesn't look as bad as Johnny Test. Wabbit sounds like it'll go back to it's looney roots. 

Though I'm anticipating Over the Garden Wall and We Bear Bares looks pretty intriguing and cute. Also, with it starring a grizzly, a polar bear and a panda, I hope I'm not the only one who is reminded of Shirokuma Cafe:

tumblr_m5n614V84w1qclke2.jpg

Oh, so you beat me to it. Maybe they got inspiration from the anime? I'd like to see more

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on who Stuart Snyder's replacement going to be yet? i'm wishing for Jim Samples but i doubt he'll ever come back.

Maybe they got inspiration from the anime?

A meteor shower tomorrow would be more likely.

The only CN show I'm into at the moment is LEGO Ninjago, then probably Sonic Boom when it comes out. I'm not really into TV anymore.

This sure brings back some nostalgia. Waking up every saturday to channels like CN and the German TV channels when they showed cartoons.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that looks really good!  The voice acting doesn't match up to that of the original Courage, but that may just be attachment to the original show talking.

You guys like Courage the Cowardly dog? Well, check this out.

http://vimeo.com/92096186

Apparently, this is a clip from a Courage the Cowardly Dog short that John R. Dilworth is working on. I'm really impressed with how well it translates into CG. 

Wow! I have to say I'm impressed! While the voices sound a bit off, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version of this.

• 2 months later...

So I've been watching a few episodes of Clarence since it recently started airing, and it's actually a lot better than I, or most people apparently, expected. I'd recommend it, at least. Feels very much like what life is like from a kid's perspective; the whole scene in the play area in the first episode alone gave this nostalgic feeling of how much bigger everything seems when you're young. 

But come on CN, where the heck is the new episode of Steven Universe? :c

This is kinda late but Cartoon Network and Boomerang US are getting a new vice president of program scheduling.

ATLANTA: Vishnu Athreya has been appointed as the VP of program scheduling for Cartoon Network and Boomerang in the U.S.
In his new role, Athreya will work out of Atlanta under Rob Sorcher, the chief content officer for Cartoon Network. He is charged with supervising the day-to-day scheduling and strategic positioning of programming content for Cartoon Network, Boomerang and branded non-linear program platforms. He will also oversee long-range calendar planning and develop creative strategies for on-air stunts and specials for the networks' expanding portfolio of original, acquired and classic animated content.
Previously, Athreya served as the executive director of programming, acquisitions and development for Turner Broadcasting's kids' channels in the Asia Pacific, including Cartoon Network, Toonami, POGO, Boomerang and Cartoonito. Before that, he was the VP of music programming and brand for Radio One, the BBC station in Mumbai.
"Vishnu has artfully produced high-performance schedules in territories around the world, and now assumes the U.S. role with a deep knowledge of our product," said Sorcher. "I'm pleased we were able to tap our own international talent pool, and as a result expect Vishnu to be a unifying link for Cartoon Network worldwide."

From what i've heard this guy tends to play it safe by airing the most popular show 90% of the time (in his native county of India he airs FIVE hours of Oggy and the Cockroaches on CN India) so this change may not be for the better.

source

Kinda odd they (still) haven't picked/announced a new CEO replacement for Stuart Snyder...

CN makes some odd decisions. I just recently found out that there was a Johnny Bravo movie that was made 3 years ago but it never came to the US.

This isn't the first time CN has done something like this. The Ed Edd n Eddy movie premiered in Denmark 7 months before it came to the US. I really don't get why they do that

CN makes some odd decisions. I just recently found out that there was a Johnny Bravo movie that was made 3 years ago but it never came to the US.

This isn't the first time CN has done something like this. The Ed Edd n Eddy movie premiered in Denmark 7 months before it came to the US. I really don't get why they do that

I actually remember seeing that on Boomerang.

Well to balance that, CN US always gets cartoons first, months before anyone else. When it came to Beware the Batman and TT Go!, It was almost a year after TT Go! had premiered in the US. Honestly, I'm a little worried that Sonic Boom will end up taking months before It comes out in the UK. 

• 9 months later...

Since the original Cartoon Network General Topic seems to have been lost in the Great SSMB Server Fart of '15, I thought I'd make a brand new thread and what a good time for it because Cartoon Network UK's bullshit has been annoying me lately.

You see, Cartoon Network seems to treat the UK like shit. What do I mean by this? Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go, and Clarence all seems to be one entire year behind other countries. In fact, I'm pretty sure by the time Fionna and Cake was out for Adventure Time, CN UK was still waiting for Season 2 to come on. The reruns are also annoying because CN UK always seem to rerun only the first season of a series (Or the first and second in some cases like Adventure Time) so if you've missed a bunch of episodes for any reason, well, you are fucked. It's for this reason in fact that I can't get into Steven Universe because of CN's bullshit. I've heard the only exception is Gumball which has caught up a bit with the US.

Cartoon Network UK is also infamous for being completely terrible when it comes to release dates for their shows. Sonic Boom being the absolute best example because of Cartoon Network's stupid bullshit, it's up in the air exactly when and if it's going to air in the UK. The UK will be one of the last, if not the very last to receive Sonic Boom, but the games still released back in November 2014. The series isn't airing until Late 2015. That's right, as if CN and Sega couldn't fuck up the Boom series anymore, they decided to have the only pieces of Boom related things in the UK (Which might I add has one of the biggest Sonic fanbases) the two games. One being absolutely awful, the other being meh.

As much as I hate Teen Titans Go, that's another example of how terrible CN UK is as well. That took a full year to make it's premiere in the UK. In contrast, both Nick and Disney only take a small amount of time to air their new shows and episodes. For example, when TMNT 2012 was coming, it aired in the UK 2 weeks after the US air date. As for new episodes,  using the recent example. Season 3 episodes began in the US in September and had a shit ton of breaks. The UK got the episodes in January in which case, Nick UK aired them all consistently every week and got TMNT 2012 so caught up that it was only one episode behind the US.

Also, if you really loved CN's old shows then you are shit out of luck in the UK because Cartoon Network are also extremely terrible when it comes to DVD Releases. At present, the only show getting any type of DVD release from Cartoon Network at the minute is Adventure Time. The rest, I.E Regular Show, Teen Titans Go, Gumball etc is seeing no DVD release at all. The older CN shows have also not gotten any DVD releases or CN were too lazy to actually finishing releasing them. For example, years ago, in 2009, they began releasing Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on DVD and released Volume 1 which contained the first 5 episodes (House of Bloo Parts 1-3, The Trouble with Scribbles, and Mall Wars). It got no other releases after that.

The only other shows to my knowledge that got any type of DVD releases was Powerpuff Girls and Ed Edd N Eddy. The Ed Edd N Eddy DVDs especially were a mess. There was two volumes released and basically it was random 15 minute episodes thrown together onto a DVD and that was it. 

In conclusion, Cartoon Network UK are terrible in almost every single aspect.

Actually you're wrong about the DVD's: I've seen Regular Show and Gumball DVD's in HMV a few times. And I think you can find odd DVD's of older shows if you look hard enough (but with random selections of episodes; no season sets as far as I can see).

Another thing I hate about CN UK is their lacking in variety. I remember when I started watching the channel all the way back in 2001 they'd often show their current shows in morning and afternoon time slots (before and after school), while during school time they'd show repeats of much older shows (I remember rather enjoying the novelty of it during the days when I was off sick from school or something). But today? They show the same shows from their current line-up on loop all day. And yet they still feel the need to create "blocks" for it. For example, we have a weekday afternoon block called "Laughternoons": where they show their current selection of comedy shows, except it's the exact same stuff they've been showing during the day already so what's the point?

Oh yeah and if you find yourself staying up all night for whatever reason and are looking for something on TV to keep you amused, no point in checking CN, unless you like endless repeats of the craptacular "Chop Socky Chooks" all night long.

We don't have Adult Swim (Ofcom rules say adult program's can never be shown on kids channels, even if it's after the watershed) nor do we have Toonami (we had it back in the day, before it became its own channel and eventually closed down).

Oh, and another thing I loathe about their new episode schedule: they decide to start showing a batch of new episodes for like a month or (switching between shows, i.e. a batch of new Adventure Time and Regular Show few weeks, before switching to new eps of Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe after that). And you wanna know how they do it? With shows that consist of two 11-minute segments (e.g. Adventure Time) they show one segment followed immediately by a repeat of the new segment they showed the previous week! Christ, it's bad enough they have to have a long-ass delay, but then they have to put themselves even further behind by doing that!

And don't even get me started on our version of Boomerang...

• Thumbs Up 2

Really? I've never even seen any Gumball or Regular Show DVDs, nor anything other than Adventure Time, Powerpuff Girls or Foster's. Go figure I guess.

I forgot to mention the late hours stuff, which as Panda mentioned is pretty damn terrible. We get a 2 hours block of Cartoon Cartoons but it's not the actual good one where it shows one episode of every classic Cartoon, it's just Gumball, Regular Show, and Adventure Time episodes on loop and once again, it's Season 1 or Season 2 episodes. The next 4-5 hours is nothing but Chop Socky Chooks which as Panda mentioned, it's awful. It used to be reruns of Hero 108 which was decent but it's still extremely lackluster.

Here's the thing I don't understand though. Why not either A. Put on older cartoons like Dexter and PPG for the older people who will likely be up and might enjoy it for nostalgic purposes or B. Just show more Gumball, Adventure Time, and Gumball? It makes no sense whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I merged the newly made topic with the old one and cleaned it up a bit. Continue on discussing folks.

• 2 months later...

Looks like CN has been finally putting out promos for their upcoming new series We Bare Bears that are adorably catchy entitled #BearStack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qknPYBIm4KE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkkFxPADK7U

Might need to finally make a new topic for this show later on if we get more. And fun fact: the song in the background is named Class Historian by BRONCHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFo-Fp2eJWQ

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

A clip of We Bare Bears and the show will premiere next month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtNVhZrm4Cc

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I recently came across this news and just now discovered this topic, I figured I'd share this here.

Titan Merchandise is making a series of Cartoon Network blind-box vinyl figures.

unnamed-27-e1435063962132.jpg

According to the press release, some figures will come with an accessory and there will be four hidden chase figures in addition to the ones pictured.

I mostly just want Steven since his show currently has so little merchandise, but I'm pretty excited for these. I really like how they're including characters from both older and newer shows within Cartoon Network's history. Hopefully it does well and they go on to make more waves.

A clip of We Bare Bears and the show will premiere next month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtNVhZrm4Cc

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new clip of We Bare Bears, it's pretty hilarious.

I can't wait for the 27th!

• Thumbs Up 2