Awoo.

Keiji Inafune strikes again with Azure Striker Gunvolt | 3DS eShop

Chooch

No your not (I like it too) and are you me, thats about where I am with the zero collection right now.

Shame they left ZXA on that cliffhanger and we'll never know how it official eeeeeeeeends. I forget why I stopped playing the Zero Collection at that point, something else must have come out around the same time.

I wonder how much the game is going cost and how long (or short) it's going to be. I usually like MMZ like games to be relatively short but story heavy, seeing how the gameplay can get a bit boring if dragged on for too long

How come when I searched for this I got squat? is it because of the tag system or just that the title is in caps?

Anyways, I gotta say this looks pretty boss, and me being a MMZ/ZX nut I'm loving the gameplay. hopeful for a english release because I'm dying to try this out.

Oh, and former TMMN head Heat Man has tried the game and posted thoughts.

I'm assuming the topic didn't come up in search because I didn't tag the topic with anything at all. I guess I'll go do that now.

I'm assuming the topic didn't come up in search because I didn't tag the topic with anything at all. I guess I'll go do that now.

May have been my fault too because I typed the title in lower caps and that effects the search sometimes. but thanks for tagging it man!

Oh please PLEASE let me buy or pick up a blade later on Inafune! the Zero/ZX gameplay is mainly blade action gameplay and it would just fill a need I've been wanting for a long time.

Here is some off camera footage that was taken at Bitsummit recently

Its looking pretty good right now and it also seems to have wall jumps too if anyone was worried they wouldn't be in.

• Thumbs Up 1

The idea of having a shield as a main offensive weapon sounds interesting but I'm a little curious as to how they'll able to pull this out without making it something that you have (and can) spam to get through... Well... Anything!

You'd compare this to Zero's close combat weapons but those weapons have their limitations, the shield seems to be a circle that doesn't leave a single opening for an enemy to land a hit on you and covers a quarter of the screen. it also seems to be very easy to charge so there is little stopping you (other than those breakable floors and that mini boss that requires some gunshots before actually doing damage to it) from spamming it across the game.

Maybe that's the point? More emphasis in platforming and less in combat? Maybe there is something I'm not noticing here.

Alright, the protags design and especially his sprites reaaaaaally bother the shit out of me. I don't know what they wanted design-wise, but it looks silly. The sprites look like something I'd find on Smackjeeves, not what I'd expect from an actual developer in 2014. Maybe it's just me seeing it, since back in the day, I used to make sprites as a hobby along with a large community for the fun of it, and these, for custom sprites, are only "okay". I mean it's not HORRIBLE, but it's very underwhelming, to the point that it'll probably irk the shit out of me the whole game. So I'm passing.

Damn, am I the only one who liked ZX here besides a selective few?

Hi.

• Thumbs Up 1

video

and here I was worried there would no dashing or wall jumps. Looking good so far. I always liked how fast pace MMZ could be with dashing through the stages and coming across enemies quickly to either go right by them by killing them with a charge shot/slash or being forced to come to a complete halt due to the strong enemies.

Alright, the protags design and especially his sprites reaaaaaally bother the shit out of me. I don't know what they wanted design-wise, but it looks silly. The sprites look like something I'd find on Smackjeeves, not what I'd expect from an actual developer in 2014. Maybe it's just me seeing it, since back in the day, I used to make sprites as a hobby along with a large community for the fun of it, and these, for custom sprites, are only "okay". I mean it's not HORRIBLE, but it's very underwhelming, to the point that it'll probably irk the shit out of me the whole game. So I'm passing.

I can kinda see what you mean, but it personally doesn't bother me as much. Honestly, I like my handheld action/adventure platformers (or console versions) to be sprites as opposed to fully 3D. It's not only for the nostalgia, but it feels "right" to me if that makes any sense. I remember thinking to myself that the jump from 2D sprites to 3D was weird, especially in MMX7 and MMX8.

I can kinda see what you mean, but it personally doesn't bother me as much. Honestly, I like my handheld action/adventure platformers (or console versions) to be sprites as opposed to fully 3D. It's not only for the nostalgia, but it feels "right" to me if that makes any sense. I remember thinking to myself that the jump from 2D sprites to 3D was weird, especially in MMX7 and MMX8.

You misunderstand; I want sprites too, but I want good sprites.

You misunderstand, I want sprites too, but I want good sprites.

I know you want sprites and I understood that you wanted them to be better then what we see today, I was just saying that even if the sprites look like they could use some work, I will still take them over 3D models any day really.

Sorry, I kinda mashed my own opinion into my response to you. Didn't mean to confuse XD

• Thumbs Up 1

How come when I searched for this I got squat? is it because of the tag system or just that the title is in caps?

Anyways, I gotta say this looks pretty boss, and me being a MMZ/ZX nut I'm loving the gameplay. hopeful for a english release because I'm dying to try this out.

Oh, and former TMMN head Heat Man has tried the game and posted thoughts.

The search function of this forum is horrible.

Google "SSMB Azure Striker Gunvolt"

https://www.google.com/search?q=SSMB+Azure+Striker+Gunvolt&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

Well, if there's one thing this announcement has done for me, was making me go back and trying to get in to MegaMan Zero Collection again. It really clicks once you stop treating it like a traditional MegaMan platformer. And as a MegaMan nut, it was exactly what I was doing before.

This game also looks amazing, surprised to see Inafune working on another MegaMan expy so soon, but yknow I'm not going to the one who complains. Also some beautiful MMZ esque spritework going on, we don't see alot of that these days. Count me in on day 1 (or day 30, depends when I'm not poor)

Alright, the protags design and especially his sprites reaaaaaally bother the shit out of me.

What's wrong with the sprites? They look like MMZ sprites, which is always a good thing.

I like the idea of tagging enemies with your gun so your lightning can auto-target them. Definitely gives the game its own flavor compared to the various Megamans.

What's wrong with the sprites? They look like MMZ sprites, which is always a good thing.

They don't, but they're trying to be, which just makes it look like a fan job.

They don't, but they're trying to be, which just makes it look like a fan job.

But it's Inti Creates maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! They never disappoint! (Well, me personally).

Part of me is sad that the "dash" animation is that of MMZ and instead a faster looking "run." I gotta stop thinking of this game as a MMZ game, which it's not XD

But it's Inti Creates maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! They never disappoint! (Well, me personally).

Part of me is sad that the "dash" animation is that of MMZ and instead a faster looking "run." I gotta stop thinking of this game as a MMZ game, which it's not XD

Well the animation of the sprites itself is very fluid, so I can't complain about that.

new info(I think)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224018-azure-striker-gunvolt-more-story-character-info

In the near future, wielders of a new type of psychic power, known as “Seventh,” have emerged. Initially, it was believed that these gifted individuals would bring chaos to the world; however, a powerful conglomerate, the Sumeragi Group, has brought peace and order to the world.

…and this peace from Sumeragi came from the sacrifice of the psychics, a forced detention called “Psychic Protection,” where inhumane experiments were performed for the sake of “research”.

While all the actions of the Sumeragi group were carried out in confinement, it didn’t take long for a certain organization to uncover the truth and begin their resistance against the conglomerate. This group is known as the private militia, “Feather”.

This anti-Sumeragi resistance group was made from a human rights group consisting of foreign psychics. The protagonist “Gunvolt” is also one of the psychics of Feather. The story begins when Gunvolt refuses his order to eradicate the virtual idol “Cyber Diva Morpho,” created by Sumeragi.

Gunvolt:

- 14-year-old protagonist 
- also known as “GV”
- Gunvolt is his codename, with his real name being unknown
- originally a “Seventh” psychic in the private militia Feathers, but left the group for certain reasons
- has a calm and mature personality
- doesn’t like anything that isn’t fair
- displays his youth and fortitude when it comes to combating the unfair
- Gunvolt’s “Seventh” ability, called Azure Blue, lets him manipulate electricity at will

Sian:

- 13-year-old heroine 
- Seventh psychic due to the Sumeragi Group’s experiments
- her Seventh ability, called “Cyber Diva,” uses songs, which resonates with other psychics by powering them up
- she was confined as an experiment by the Sumeragi Group, and was rescued by Gunvolt
- she has been living with Gunvolt ever since
- pure and quiet personality
- she shows a different side of herself when she’s with Gunvolt 

Morpho:

- Sumeragi Group produce national “virtual idols” and Morpho is one of them
- she is the embodiment of Sian’s Seventh, called Cyber Diva
- the idol part of Morpho is a front,
- she was actually used by Sumeragi as a tool to detect the psychics
- Morpho is strong-wileld and happy-go-lucky
- her personality actually reflects Sian’s true feelings

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/12/azure-striker-gunvolt-introduces-heroes-evil-doers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

And the game is confirmed for summer in Japan and North America, says Siliconera.  Europe?  They're "considering" it (only considering?), but it would be later in any case as they'll have to translate to quite a number of languages.

• 4 weeks later...

So the US version of the MC is going to receive a slight design alteration it seems.

gunvoltztsy1.jpg

I know what you're thinking, and I too hoped it was a US exclusive Azure Striker Apple MC but alas...

So, no braid, and a covered midriff.  The US design is intended to be more traditionally masculine, I suppose.  Assuming the game comes to Europe, I wonder what we'll get.

What bullshit. It's a minor change but we all know the logistics behind it, none with which I can sympathize.

• Thumbs Up 5

So the US version of the MC is going to receive a slight design alteration it seems.

*snip*

I know what you're thinking, and I too hoped it was a US exclusive Azure Striker Apple MC but alas...

Ahh, redundancy - we meet again.

That's so fucking redundant. It's not like it ruins his design or the game as a whole but it's still horseshit. Is there some good place to make noise about this to possibly get it changed back?

gunvoltztsy1.jpg

So... the US version is trying to make him look more like Cloud?

• Thumbs Up 1