Awoo.

Keiji Inafune strikes again with Azure Striker Gunvolt | 3DS eShop

Chooch

$35 is a bit much for a game a short as this...

Buuuut, I fucking love this series, especially this latest game. I’ve been a big fan of Inti Creates, and my love has been growing as they keep delivering—I’m shocked they somehow fucking fixed the travesty that was Mighty No.9 with Mighty Gunvolt Burst and made it what it should’ve been...then added seven more characters to play as (Joule is both weak and broken as fuck).

So honestly, I think I’d shell out the money for the extra support if I had a chance.

Anything that might make GV3 more likely.

Also, if there’s one thing they should do, they should make Anchor Dash a starting mechanic—once you get that, dashing around and homing in on enemies is soo much fun that it should be illegal.

I haven't started Luminous Avenger iX, but the plaudits in this thread are a pretty optimistic sign.  And I'm definitely willing to chip in to say that Mighty Gunvolt Burst is surprisingly good, and I'm glad the Mighty Number 9 characters managed to appear in a game that was actually fun.

• 8 months later...

Azure Striker Gunvolt...THREEE!!!!!

About fucking time!!!!

Also, Inafune, please take care of yourself man. I’m starting to worry about your health, and this really isn’t the best year for anyone sick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks pretty early - apparently development only just got started - but I'm interested to see what they do with the new playable character, and how they incorporate swordplay and parrying into the series.  Honestly, I felt that Luminous Avenger iX was a massive let-down, soulless and by-the-numbers and almost explicitly made just to have a Gunvolt game on the market whilst they were figuring out what to do for GV3, so I'm hoping the main series will see a return to their usual form.

Luminous Avenger definitely could’ve been more than what it was, but I found it to be a good spin-off title nonetheless.

If it aided in helping them figure out what to make for GV3, then more power to them. I can see their work on Blade being used to help them formulate gameplay for their new character Kirin’s swordplay. Makes me wonder what else they used LAiX as a testbed for.

Goddammit, I hate waiting!!!

• Thumbs Up 1